Friend 4ever

Can Friend Become Lover?

Yoseob POV

I’ve been friend with Doojoon since we are in elementary school. I met him when I’m moved in his school as a new student. When I was kid I’m really shy person and cold and also harm. So, I just introduced myself in front of my class coldly. I didn’t care about other people think about me, I was 9 and Doojoon was 10. I remember how Doojoon approached me at that time when break time comes.

Flashback

14 Years ago

Annyeong,.. doojoon imnida,.. uri chingu kaja,.” He offered his hand to me with his silly smile.

I just stared at him without responded his hand and replied bluntly “Shiro,.. You look stupid, I don’t want to have stupid friend”

Ne,.. I’m stupid, and you look smart. Isn’t good for us to become friend? We can fill each other” again he smiled to me. “Then I will be stupid like you? Shiro,.” I refused his hand.

Kege anira (it’s not like that),. Mm how about I give you my lunch box every day? I saw you’re not brought yours, otte?”

I just keep silence since what he had said was right. I’m not brought my lunch box, never. Because I have no one to make me lunch, my mom was died since I was 1, I’m not even knew her face. I only live with my father, but he is busy with his job in our café so I never asked him to make me one. He almost gave up since I’m still keep silence when both of us heard some noises belong to my stomach.

“Huah,. Your stomach seems more honest than yourself. Yigo,.. mogoba,.. Since I only have lunch box for one person you can have it. Tomorrow I’ll ask my mother to make it double, so we can share, Ne?” with that he placed the lunch box in front of me and then leaved. Well, I barely know this boy but he seems already know my weakness. When he reached front door of the class, I shout at him make him stopped “I only take this lunch since I’m hungry, but it doesn’t mean I want to become friend with you” I said stubbornly.

He smiled and answered “mm,.. kere,. Arasso,.. Mogoba,. Ne” with that he leaved and I start to eat.

Since that day he always brought double lunch box and give the other one to me. Every day he always cling onto me, at first I got really pissed off with his behavior but soon it become habitual to have him around me and finally I began to open myself for him and more nice toward him.

Every day we will walk together to our house after school since we have one route. It’s been year we are become friend when we reach his house. There are a lot of people in front of his house. Every people in front his house looked at Doojoon with pity eyes, some of them also whispered something about he still young and else. We’re both confused with what actually happen. Doojoon and I enter his house and found out that his mother passed away, she got an accident when she walked for home after do groceries. Doojoon cried out loud and called his mother. His father hugged him and asked him to calm down. At night my father and I stayed at his house to do the funeral in the next morning. He keep cry until night and he eyes already swollen, I hugged him all night long. He said he can’t give a lunch box anymore since his mother was gone and it’s also means he and I can’t become friend anymore, instead I replied.

Ani,. One day when I can cook, I’ll make you lunch box so we’ll keep shared our lunch box”.

“You’re not going to leave me because I can’t give you lunch box anymore?” he asked with his swollen eyes.

“Of course not, we best friend right,..? Let’s be best friend forever, ne?” my mother also passed away long ago, so we have to keep each other ne,. Yaksu?” I offered him my pinky finger

emm,. Yaksu,.” He replied my pinky finger. With that we promised that we will keep each other and become best friend forever. After that Doojoon and I fall asleep in his bed holding hands.  

End of flashback

 

Doojoon POV

I came back from work and walk through fridge to find cold water.

“Ahh,. Chongmael,. Pichi bori ko ba,..(I can be crazy),..” I don’t know if work can be that hard. I gulp the cold water in one go. Yoseob walk toward me with only towel wrapped around his waist, I can see water dripped from his hair, seems he just taken a bath. Wow,.. I can see his nice abs, he practices a lot lately.

“Emm,.. Ne,.. you barely know,.? I already knew since we first met” he said sarcastically took the glasses from me and drink.

“Hoahh,.. Chill out sobie,.. What’s for dinner?” I asked him ignored his irritated voice.

“Hah,. You just reach home and already ask bout dinner? Such a pig,..”

“Mwo,..? tsk tsk,.. today is my first day to work,. Don’t you think I need some reward,..?”

“Tsk tsk Tsk,.. Arasso,. Since today is the first day of our lazy ahjusshi to work I’ll make some special dinner, how bout ramen? Otte,. How does it sound?” He blinked innocently

“Mwo,.. Ahjusshi,..? Ramen,..? Are you trying to kill me or something? We always eat ramen and you said it special dinner,.? You gotta be kidding me,..” I shake my head.

“hehe,.. Just kidding,. Alright I’ll make something special, just let me change first”. He chuckle and walk toward his bedroom.

“Owh,.. I though you’ll cook with only your towel,. Then I can ripped it when you busy,..”

“Hoah,.. Shut up you ert ahjusshi,.  I can hear you,.” He yelled from his bedroom.

I laugh and walk toward my room. Yes, it’s been 5 years since I live with him in this house. After his father passed away five years ago he and I decided to move in a new house since he had no one and I only have my father, but my father rarely in house during his business trip, my father really glad about the idea because he really loved Yoseob as much as I do and we both like a brother than friend to him so moving is really great idea. I take a bath and came to kitchen to see what actually Yoseob try to cook.

“what is it?” I asked him

“you will never understand even if I explain it to you, just help me to chopped this,.” He offered me the knife and onion.

Arasso chef Yoseobie,.” I said firmly and took what he gave to me. He chuckle and just like that we passed the afternoon with laugh and sometimes yelled from Yoseob when I’m doing something wrong or ruin his cook. Hem… How much I love my best friend. Maybe he seems arrogant, childish and harm but deep inside I know how much he care about me and so do I, I’m glad I met him 14 years ago.