Chapter 4

Back For You

 

Back with chapter 4! Sorry for the late updates and it's not the best one so far.
I was on my 2 weeks vacation so I decided to let my brain have a rest and be lazy. hahaha XD
"SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI! MOHON MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN." to all the Muslim readers.
Hope it's not too late to greet that though it's already on the 10th of Syawal. Hehe ^-^
Enjoy~

 

CHAPTER 4

It’s lunch time and Tiffany is going for lunch alone since Wooyoung is out of town that day. Their senior had chose Wooyoung to represent the company since most of the other presenters are all female. Their company have a way or two. It’s like killing two birds with one stone. They want to be different from the others and a way to attract other presenters to their talk as well.

Wooyoung is reluctant at first until Tiffany threatened him so he goes and Tiffany sighed in relief because she thought she needs to get a break from him. He’s been bugging her ever since the lunch that day and he could go all day by Tiffany’s side but not Tiffany. Though she feels irritating, she couldn’t possibly shoo him away without a reason. For now, she just need a break and think of something else than Wooyoung.

She walks into the restaurant and looks for a sit when a lady interrupts her, “Tiffany-shi.”

Tiffany turns her head and a familiar face come in sight, “Oh? It’s you!”

“It’s nice to finally get to meet you. Shall we have a lunch together if you don’t mind,” the lady offers.

Tiffany ponders for a while and decides to join the lady at last and both of them sitting in one table though at first they’re awkward and bit tense around each other.

“I haven’t officially introduce myself,” the lady says breaking the silence and introduce herself, “I’m Park SooJin. I’m sure you’ve heard of me before.”

“Yeah, I’ve heard of you many times. You’re Soonkyu’s fiancée. So what are you up to for having me to sit with you?” Tiffany asks immediately wanted to know what’s the catch behind it.

SooJin smirks hearing Tiffany’s instant outburst, “I thought you’d never ask. You know Soonkyu and I are already tied up. We’d engaged but why can’t you leave him alone?”

Tiffany on the other hand is on the verge of shouting aloud, ‘Because he’s mine!’

“I didn’t look for him but the otherwise. He comes to me and asks me to be back with him.”

“But you know you can’t do that right, Hwang? He’s engages to me!” SooJin gritted her teeth.

Tiffany looks at her calmly and asks, “Let me ask you a question. When you’re engage to him, did you see him smile happily? I know you are but have you ever think of other people’s feeling? Have it ever cross your mind to think of it?”

“That doesn’t matter!”

“It does to me! It does to him and it does to us! We’re human! What if you’re force to engage to an old man? Will you be happy?” Tiffany fires back.

SooJin is loss of words. It just hits her when the logic senses strike her real hard. Why didn’t she think of that earlier before she’s engage to Soonkyu? It’s because of the lust that had invaded her whole but now it’s love. What to do? She can’t afford to lose him because she’s starting to develop a feeling for him so she makes a bet but what the other woman didn’t know is that she has something up in her sleeve to make the other woman look like a bad girl.

“Here’s the deal! We’ll let him choose. Let’s play fair, Hwang! Let’s play fair to get his heart. Winner takes it all though he’s engage. He can call off the engagement after everything is over,” SooJin offers while smirking inside her mind for she knows what she’s up to.

Tiffany on the other hand bit her lips and keep thinking if it’s even a great idea to start make her first love come back to her. Is this even sane? She too couldn’t afford to lose him anymore. She acted like she don’t care when she knew he’s engaged to another person but deep within her heart, she’s breaking apart like she’s drowning in an ocean with the pressure sting around her.

“It’s your loss if you’re not up to it. It means that you’re giving up on him,” SooJin persuades.

“No! Fine, alright! I’m in! You better be playing it fair, SooJin,” Tiffany warns.

SooJin smirks knowing that her first stage of her plan is a success. She succeeded in persuading Tiffany to be in the game. Now comes step 2!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 Back in the office, Tiffany didn’t know why she agrees to it in the first place. It just did! just slips out those words when she heard SooJin said that she’s giving Soonkyu up. She never did! She was just thinking if it’s even safe to be in that game. Now she’s doomed to have a battle with that witch. She puffed. Her phone rings disturbing her thought and she answers the call without checking the ID caller, “Hello?”

“…”

“Hello, who’s this?”

“Miyoung-ah.”

It’s Soonkyu’s. She cleared and answered, “Yes? What do you want?”

“Can I see you after work? Please?” Soonkyu asks a little jittery.

“I don’t know if I’m off from work on time. I’m afraid that I might have to work overtime today,” she lies.

“It’s okay! I’ll come by to your office later. See you later,” Soonkyu said immediately shutting down his phone not giving her a chance to speak up.

She sighed, “Stupid stubborn, Lee Soonkyu! Still the stubborn that I’d known.”

She smiles but quickly proceeds to do her works to get her mind off from thinking too much for a day.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Soonkyu is all smiling once he ended the call. He knows Tiffany won’t turn him down because he didn’t even give her a chance to answer.

He looks at his watch and it’s 3 hours before she get off from work. He decides to go to her or used to be their apartment to cook something. Arriving at the apartment, he immediately walks to the kitchen and look into the fridge to see what’s inside for him.

“She’ll forever be stubborn. Babo Miyoung,” he sighs with a smile on his face.

He then run out of the apartment and go to the nearby grocery shops to buy some stuffs for him to prepare the foods for later. Once done buying, he run back and immediately prepare the stuffs before he starts cooking.

It was until he finishes cooking, he realised that it’s already nearly time off for Tiffany so he checks all the appliances and gas to make sure them to be off before he rush out once more to Tiffany’s workplace.

Arriving at the workplace, he stood outside the building to have a lungful of air before he gains his composure to walk inside the building to find Tiffany. He walks to the information desk and asks the receptionist who’s staring at him in daze before he clears his throat once more to wake the receptionist from dreaming.

The receptionist then blush after realising what she’s doing and quickly tell him the direction to find Tiffany. Soonkyu then flash a quick smile and thank the receptionist which then got her spazz a little before she straighten up herself and being all serious once more.

Waiting for the elevator, Soonkyu checks his phone to see if anyone is looking for him but none which is all good for him because he don’t want his plan to be ruin by anything. Upon hearing the ‘ding’ sound of the elevator, the door open to reveal Tiffany who is standing just right in front of him.

“What a coincidence,” Soonkyu grins.

“What are you doing here?” Tiffany rolls her eyes.

“To pick you up, of course! What else would I be doing here?” Soonkyu keep on grinning.

“You know your fiancée would come and kill you right away if she found out you’re here to see me. Go home, Lee Soonkyu. We’re over,” Tiffany said to shoo him away though inside, she’s screaming for him to be by her side.

“Then let her be. I have to talk to you, nerdy! Don’t you miss me? Even one bit?” Soonkyu asks softly.

Tiffany’s heart melts after hearing him. He just always has that power to make her weak and go crazy over him, “Whatever!”

Hearing the answer, Soonkyu’s confirm that Tiffany still has feeling for him. Again, he’s grinning like a fool.

“Stop grinning like a stupid person, will you? It’s irritating and ugly!” Tiffany replies annoyed.

“You love it! Come on, let’s go home,” Soonkyu says then grabbing her hand to walk together back home. Tiffany on the other hand, feel electrifies by the sudden touch. After a long time, she feels it once more. Her stomach even feels like there’re butterflies in it. It’s so good to feel that again. She smile in content but hide her smile when Soonkyu turn to see her.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

They spend their evening eating and catching up about their life when Tiffany suddenly asks him, “Are you happy with your life right now?”

“Fany-ah,” Soonkyu call out softly not knowing how to answer her question.

“Answer me, Lee Soonkyu! Are you happy with your life right now?” Tiffany interrogates him.

“What if I say I don’t enjoy my life right now? Will you come back to me?”

Her question fire back to herself, “You have a fiancée, remember?”

“Can we put her aside for tonight? I don’t want to talk about her. It’s all about me and you for now,” Soonkyu said.

“We’re over, remember? You break your promises,” Tiffany replies back bitterly.

“I know I do but I have a reason to do so that I just can’t tell you just yet. Maybe in the future,” he reason out.

“You know this is never gonna work if you already have someone tie a title with you, right? What would that make me? An uneducated woman who ruin someone’s relationship? I don’t want that,” Tiffany said.

“Let them be! Let the people judge! They don’t even know the real reason behind it so just let them be! Why do you always care about what they’re gonna say about us?”

“Because it worries me! It’s gonna ruin my reputation as a worker and you too!” Tiffany frantically said while standing up to wash her dishes but a hand pulls her turning her around and kiss her on the lips passionately.

She’s too astonished to do anything and when Soonkyu pull away, he says, “Do you know that you talk too much for a night?”

He kisses her once more, she closes her eyes to reminisce the kiss but it was until the face of SooJin appears in her mind that she pushes him away gently and asks, “What about SooJin?”

“I’ll settle that soon so no worries,” Soonkyu smile, “I seriously want you back, nerdy! I miss you so much!”

He wraps his arm around her waist to pull her closer to him and whisper in her ear, “What do I have to do to have you back in my life?”

“Dye your hair pink!” Tiffany said.

Knowing that he hates pink, Tiffany decides to do that to him. She dares him to be specific.

“WHAT?!” he shouted and stood back to stare at her and saw her evil smirk.

She’s not kidding about it.