Chapter 3

Back For You

 

 

BOOOYAAAAAA~~~! XD

HAPPY 6th YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO GIRL'S GENERATION!
*Insert my prays and wishes*
My love, my strength, my energy pills, Thank you! <3
You cheered me up when I was down! 
There's so much to say here but I'm afraid my reader will go to sleep if they read my long confession and congratulatory speech. Hahaha :P
May God bless you all always! For the girls and readers, let's go all the way until the end.<3

Happy reading! :B

 

CHAPTER 3

SooJin is in the living room when Soonkyu come back and query him in a stern voice, “Where were you? Do you know what time is it now?”

“I was somewhere in Korea still and it’s… It’s 11pm,” Soonkyu replied flatly while walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water for himself to quench his thirst.

SooJin follow behind and wraps her arm around his waist and rest her chin on his left shoulder when he’s drinking and whispers, “I miss you. Can’t you stay for a day with me than going out just like that without me knowing anything?”

Soonkyu who’s drinking is already immune to her say and reply with a smirk, “I thought you’re gonna have fun with some other guys you meet along? Are you tired of it? Why would you miss me? We’re on contract and that’s it! Nothing more and nothing less.”

“But this time, I think I want more than just a contract,” SooJin whispers while inching closer to his ear and it, “I want you!”

That just sent chills down Soonkyu’s spine that he quickly gulp down the remaining water and peel off SooJin to walk to the sink and said, “Go find someone else, SooJin. It’s just a lust that you want. This is just a contract to keep our reputation and image safe. You can find someone who can make you happier than me. We’re not meant to be. There’s only one person that I really loves right now and I’m trying to win her heart back. You can do that too.”

Soonkyu then proceed to walk into his room to bath and sleep while SooJin is left in the kitchen alone. She then slowly walks into the living room and sit on the couch to reminisce what Soonkyu had just said to her. It’s true that part of her wanting him it’s because of lust.

Btu what if she wants more than just a lust? What if she wants to start an official tie relationship with him? Is he willing to give his all if she asks him to in a sincere manner? They’d been together for years now and she just realised her inner feeling when she met her best friend just now who already married to a florist and have three kids. 

Her friend asked her about what’s happening in life and she told her friend that she’s still hanging around like that and didn’t plan to be in a serious relationship but her friend kinda hit her mind so hard that she now started to think about it. It’s complicated!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

It’s been 3 days since the commotion between Soonkyu and her. Tiffany is busy with her work when her co-mate, Wooyoung comes in and asks her to join them for lunch. Tiffany thought for awhile before she decides to finally join him for lunch.

Wooyoung on the other hand is getting giddy when Tiffany had finally accepted his offer to lunch. Being a gentleman, he waits for Tiffany before both of them walk out from the office.

Walking into the restaurant nearby, the waitress greet them and lead them to an empty table then leave them for minutes to let them choose their meal.

“What would you like to eat?” Wooyoung ask with a smile.

“What’s good to eat in here?” Tiffany replies while looking through the menu and ponders on what to eat.

Wooyoung is about to reply when someone interrupt him, “Nerdy?”

Tiffany freeze on the spot hearing the familiar voice. She hopes she heard it wrong but it isn’t. Tiffany looks away from the menu and stares at the person who stands just a few inches away from her. They held a gaze until Wooyoung decides to break them, “Uhmm… I’m sorry but you are?”

Soonkyu turn to him with a smile, “I’m Lee Soonkyu! It’s nice to meet you.”

Wooyoung asks again, “What’s your relationship between Miyoung and you?”

“We’re…”

“We’re friend, Wooyoung! We’d been friend since college,” Tiffany replies cut him before Soonkyu manage to answer.

“Oooohhhhh… You didn’t tell me about him,” Wooyoung said.

Soonkyu looks at Tiffany and waits for her answer and it comes out, “Even if I tell you about him, you wouldn’t get interested in him since he’s a guy and he’s out of town when we meet so it’s no use.”

Soonkyu laughed inwardly and thought, ‘She still cares for me. My nerdy~.’

Wooyoung nods in understanding and turn back to Soonkyu and introduce himself, “Sorry! I’m Wooyoung! It’s nice to finally meet another friend of Tiffany beside Jessica! She rarely talks about her friend. Sometime I wonder if she doesn’t want to talk about it or she doesn’t many friends.”

That sentences suddenly brings down Tiffany’s mood and Soonkyu notices it and quickly clear his throat and said in gentle way that would not pose a negative image of him, “I think you don’t need to know if she have many friend or not. She’ll tell if she wants to. Don’t try to assume it that way. Please think before you talk.”

Tiffany looks down and blushes. She certainly still have feeling for this guy but she just couldn’t bring herself to say it to him and he’s engage to someone else than her.

“Put that away! May I join you guys for lunch if it’s not a burden?” Soonkyu asks.

Wooyoung just nods as he starts to feel a bit irritate at this guy who just talk back to him. Tiffany once again looks up and gaze at him before she replies shortly, “sure.”

Feeling the sense of awkwardness between them, Soonkyu starts the conversation by talking about his closeness with Tiffany without telling Wooyoung that they were once a lover. Both Tiffany and Wooyoung tentatively listen to him and sometime, they would laugh on about Tiffany’s silliness and clumsiness. It was all about the happy things he talks about her.

“Is she still that kind of person, Wooyoung?” Soonkyu ask trying to settle down his laugh.

“Yes, she is! She sometime would be so clumsy though,” Wooyoung replies and laughs.

Soonkyu feels glad to hear that after all Tiffany is still the same. Soon, their foods arrive and all of them enjoy their lunch feeling delight until another person comes in and call out Soonkyu, “Baby, I’m sorry I’m late. I was caught in a traffic jam.”

Soonkyu forgot that he came here supposedly to have a lunch with SooJin and now it kinda screws the moment.

“You are?” Wooyoung asks a bit mesmerise by SooJin’s beauty.

“Oh! I’m Park SooJin, his fiancée,” SooJin answers happily while pointing at Soonkyu.

“Oh? You didn’t mention anything about your fiancée just now,” Wooyoung said innocently while looking back at Soonkyu.

“I guess I was too caught up telling you about my college life that I forgot to tell you about her,” Soonkyu replies, “I’m sorry but I guess I’ll catch up with you guys some other time.”

Soonkyu apologise and pay for their lunch before he drags SooJin out with him away from the restaurant.

“He’s such a good friend,” Wooyoung said after a minute or two of silence between them two.

“He indeed is a good friend,” Tiffany replied with a sad smile that Wooyoung had overlooked it.

‘He indeed is a good friend and a good lover too. Once.’

“I’m full now. I guess we should go back now, our break time is nearly finished,” Tiffany said while wiping off the remaining food on and drink her water.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

 “Why do you drag me out from the restaurant? I thought we’re go eat there,” SooJin voice out.

“The foods taste blunt. We can lunch somewhere else,” Soonkyu replies flatly.

SooJin smile though she knew the reason behinds it. It’s the woman that sat across him just now, Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. After a long time, they finally met though it’s just for few minutes without official introduction or anything.

She has to admit that that woman is pretty intriguing to her too. She looks shy but her features are all so attracting. It spells beauty in her eyes. Neither way, she’s looking forward to another meet with this woman name Hwang Miyoung and let the official battle starts.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Even since coming back from lunch, she couldn’t concentrate on her work but a person. This is the second time he appears in front of her after that day.

Is this fate? If so, would they gonna get back together eventually after this? Is it so cruel of her if she wishes that Soonkyu and her fiancée aren’t go work out in the end? She wishes she’s the one in his eyes. She wishes that she’s the only girl he sees in this world. It’s all just nothing but a wish.

“Aaarrrggghhh!!!” She sighs in frustration and suddenly the door opened and it’s non other than her best friend, Jessica visiting her.

“Care to tell me what happened?” Jessica asks walking towards the nearby chair and sit.

“It’s… I met him again just now. I was having lunch with Wooyoung and he appeared so sudden,” Tiffany sighs.

“Why do you go lunch with Wooyoung?” Jessica asks while raising her brow in demand of explanation.

“Jessie!! Stay focus, will you?” Tiffany huffed in frustration once again thinking that having her friend here won’t do much stress relief but increasing it.

“I am staying focus but I thought you always decline him,” Jessica finds a reason to dig something out from Tiffany.

“He’s a friend, Jess! I feel guilty to decline his offers every time and thought it wouldn’t be bad to have a lunch out with him for once. Now, will you stay focus?” Tiffany said trying not to vent out her frustration on her friend.

“Go on,” Jessica replies and urge Tiffany to continue her story.

“I was having a lunch out with Wooyoung just now and he appeared to be there as well. So he joined us for lunch and he talked about our college life, Jess. Our college life,” Tiffany finally breaks down after that.

Jessica quickly stands up and walks to her friend and hugs her, “Shhh… Fany-ah, don’t cry now. People gonna think that I’m punishing you or something.”

“He talks about our college life, Jessie. Do you know how hard I try to hold myself from crying when he talked about that?” Tiffany sobs.

“But you didn’t, right?” Jessica asks while patting her back softly, “You’re a strong woman, Tiffany! Show him that you can live your life well without him.”

Tiffany nods and hugs her friend tight one last time before finally releasing her and wipes her tears away, “I’ll try, Jessie. I can’t promise that. He’s too important to me that I find it hard to let him go though he’s engaging now. It’s just so hard.”

Jessica just smiles now she knows that her friend still have feeling for Soonkyu.

‘This is gonna make me do the work so easy. After all, both of them are still in love with each other. The only thing that’s in their way is SooJin. Hah! Piece of cake!’ Jessica thoughts.

“It’s alright. At least just try. If you can’t hold it anymore then just let him come back into your life,” Jessica explains.

“What?! Are you crazy? He has a fiancée, Jess! I repeat! A ‘fiancée’,” Tiffany said emphasising the word fiancée with an air quote.

“So? What’s wrong letting him back to you? He doesn’t love her. Why holding him back and letting him marry someone he doesn’t love? I don’t see there’s a wrong with it. Fight to have him back, Tiff!” Jessica says casually, “Anyway, I come here to tell you that I won’t be coming to your place for two weeks cause I’m gonna go somewhere else with Yul.”

“Oh? Early honeymoon, you two?” Tiffany teases her.

“What? No! We’re gonna go surveying things for preparation somewhere in Europe,” Jessica replies with a smile.

“Why so far? Isn’t here having the brand you want?” Tiffany raises her brow.

“There is but I want the best for my wedding, Tiff! It only happen once so I’m gonna makes sure that day will be my day,” Jessica says confidently and giddily.

“I’m happy and envy of you, Jess! For finding such a caring and loving boyfriend,” Tiffany says hugging Jessica once more.

“Awww… Thanks Tiff! I’m sure you’ll find yours too. Don’t just give up on him yet. He still has feeling for you. I can guarantee you that,” Jessica finally tells her that.

“I’ll try, Jessie but no promise,” Tiffany says breaking their hug.

“That’s the Tiffany I know,” Jessica says patting her head, “Okay, I better get going! Or else your boss gonna kill me for talking to you for so long.”

Tiffany laughs and bid goodbye to her. She goes back to her seat and thinks if she should gives a chance to him once more.

‘May I make the right choice, God!’