Chapter 21

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

After a couple of drinks, Min Ji was wasted. She was spilling her thoughts to Hoya...and the bartender.

“Why does he have to be so perfect? I don't understand. I was being calm about the situation but then little miss booty shorts comes in and screws everything up! What's so great about her anyway? Ah, me...” she ranted and banged her head on the table.

Hoya just laughed nervously as the bartender chuckled.

“Don't mind her...”

“It's okay. I've seen a lot worse.” he reassured and continued to poor some drinks for the other customers. “Maybe you should take her to dance. It might sober her up.”

“Ha, yeah right. But dancing does sound fun. How about it Min Ji?” Hoya shook her shoulder but she didn't move.

“Yah! Min Ji-ah!”

“Huh?” she lifted her head with squinted eyes. “Woohyun?”

Hoya ignored the mix up.

“Let's dance.”

“Okay!” she smiled and took his hand.

 

Min Ji led Hoya to the dance floor with staggered steps. He had to help her.

“Maybe we should start heading back.”

“No. I want to dance! It's been awhile.” she leaned on his chest with her eyes closed.

“Alright...”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and he placed his hands on her hips.

“You smell differently. New cologne?” she asked, head on his shoulder.

“No. You know I don't wear cologne.”

“What?! You always wear cologne!”

Hoya furrowed his eyebrows.

Min Ji looked up at him with half-lidded eyes.

“I really missed you.”

Hoya smiled. “I missed you too.”

“I love you. I really do. I want you Woohyun.”

His smile automatically faded.

“Alright. That's it. We're taking you home.” he took her hand and started to pull her out of the crowd.

“No. I want to stay with you. I want to be with you.” she grabbed his collar and kissed him.

 

Hoya melted into the kiss. He hasn't kissed those lips in years and to him, they still felt the same. Soft, sweet and perfect. He could've done the one thing that most guys would probably do; take advantage of her. He could take her back to his apartment and make her his again, but he couldn't bring himself to do that. Plus, it wasn't him that she was kissing in her mind, it was Woohyun.

It took all of his will power to break the kiss.

“Woohyun...” Min Ji muttered and collapse in his arms, dead asleep.

Hoya just sighed and carried her to his car.

 

“Whoa!” Min Ji's mom sat up from the couch.

“She's a little drunk...” Hoya said, while carrying Min Ji bridal style.

She just laughed. “I was expecting this much...just take her to her room.”

Hoya nodded and walked upstairs slowly, trying to savor every second with Min Ji because after tonight, he knew he probably would never have any time alone with her anymore.

He placed her on her bed gently and smiled when she cuddled up into a ball like a child. He knelt down beside her bed and gazed at her face.

“Happy birthday.” he whispered and kissed her forehead.

He stood up slowly and walked to the door way. He looked back at her once before closing the door.

 

“Thanks for taking care of her Hoya.”

“It's no problem at all.”

“I really miss you around here. It's been quiet without you. Hyun Woo really adores you.”

Hoya smiled. “I know.”

“I hope to see you again soon okay?”

“I'm not sure if I'll be around here as much.”

“Why not?” Min Ji's mom frowned.

“You see, Min Ji and I really loved each other back then. It's been awhile so it's hard to turn things back to what they used to be.”

She nodded in understanding. “That Woohyun guy...”

“You know him?”

“Yeah, he came by the house to give a present to Min Ji. I suppose that's the man she loves now.”

Hoya just stared at the ground.

“Bye Ms. No.” he said and walked out.

“Bye. Take care of yourself.”

 

The next morning, Hoya drove to Woohyun's apartment building with a heavy heart. He couldn't believe that he was actually doing this.

He knocked on Woohyun's apartment door. Some clanks and curses could be heard before he opened it.

Hoya raised an eyebrow at the sight in front of him.

Woohyun's hair looked like a bird nest and he had dark circles under his eyes.

“You okay?”

“I just woke up. What do you want?” Hoya was the last person he wanted to see at the moment.

 

“I still can't believe I'm about to ing say this.”

Woohyun started to get impatient. “What is it?”

“Min Ji kissed me last night.”

Woohyun almost broke the handle off. “Did you come here just to rub it in my face, or what?!”

“She kissed me, while saying your name. She told me she loves you. She told me she misses you.” Hoya poked Woohyun's chest.

“Really...?”

“Yeah.” he sighed. “So go get her back.”

“How?”

“I don't know! Just do something!”

“But she broke up with me.”

“Min Ji does stupid things. I know. I've known her since elementary school. She does things without thinking it through.”

“I don't know what to do or what to say.”

“Chincha...” Hoya facepalmed. “Do you want her back or not?! This is a once in a lifetime chance here my friend. Cause if you don't, I could totally go to her house right now and--”

“NO! Sorry, I just...she really hurt me. I haven't fully recovered yet.”

“Just be you. Be your dorky, clumsy, idiotic--”

“Okay I get it.”

“--and she'll give in.”

Woohyun nodded, determined. He needed to man up to win Min Ji's heart again.

 

“I really hated seeing her like that last night. She wouldn't stop drinking. Just...” Hoya stared to back up. “...take care of her, okay?”

“Don't have to ask me twice.”

Hoya grinned and nodded. If he couldn't take care of Min Ji, then he could at least make sure someone else does.

“Hey Hoya!” Woohyun yelled down the hallway.

“What?!” he called back.

“Thanks.”

“I still hate your guts Mr. Nam.”

Woohyun just chuckled.

 

Why do you always call me here when I'm doing something?” Sunggyu complained as he walked inside Woohyun's apartment.

“I need your help! I want to blow Min Ji away and make her mine again...but I don't know what to do.”

“Woohyun, you're seeking advice from me. Kim Sunggyu. The man that's never had a relationship that lasted longer than 2 weeks.”

“Yeah, but 2 heads are better than one.”

“Hey! I'm here too!” Dongwoo yelled with a mouth full of chips.

“Okay...2 and a half.”

“Hey!”

 

“It doesn't have to be special. It could be an action that will make her want you back.” Dongwoo said, after hours of brainstorming ideas.

“Nonsense.” Woohyun muttered and buried his face in his hands. “You know what? I'm just gonna go to her house and see what instincts tell me to do.” he stood up.

“Wait...” Sunggyu held up a hand to stop him. “That could work.”

“What could?”

“What Dongwoo said.”

Woohyun just looked at Dongwoo who stuck his tongue out at him.

“You could walk up in there looking all manly and...”

Woohyun listened to Sunggyu's words carefully, picturing the scene in his mind.

Dongwoo clapped. “Wah, daebak! You should do that Woohyun-ah!”

Woohyun pursed his lips and thought carefully.

He just hoped Min Ji's mom and brother wouldn't be home.

 

I'm taking your brother to Chuck E. Cheese! Be back later!” Min Ji's mom yelled.

“Kay...” Min Ji mumbled and groaned. Her headache was killer.

She went downstairs and took two advils before going back to bed. She woke up to the doorbell ringing repeatedly.

“Coming!” she yelled and stood up. She felt her head and sighed. It felt a lot better than it did before.

 

When Min Ji opened the door, she was shocked to see Woohyun standing there. He pushed passed her without a word and slammed the door shut.

“What are you--” her words were cut off by Woohyun pinning her against the door and kissing her hard.

Her instincts were telling her to push him away and kick him where it hurts, but her temptation got the best of her and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

She missed him so much that it hurt. Being with him made her have that same butterfly feeling she always got when she was with him. It felt like ages since she felt it again. And in all honestly, she loved Woohyun's rough side.

 

Woohyun pulled way, breathing heavily.

“I love you.”

He kissed her lips.

“I love you.” he repeated.

He kissed her nose.

“I love you.”

He kissed her forehead.

“I love you. I love you. I love you.”

He kissed both of her cheeks and on her lips again.

“I want to make things right between us. I know it's hard, but I love you too much to give up so easily.” he rested his forehead on her shoulder. “I want to try again.”

That's when Min Ji realized how stupid she was.

 

She cupped his face with her hand and lifted his head up.

“I really missed you.” he whispered, looking into her brown eyes.

“I missed you too.” she tilted her head up to kiss him gently.

But gently turned to passionate which turned to heated in a matter of seconds.

Woohyun hands left her waist for a second to grab something out of his pocket. He placed the silver infinity necklace he was going to give her for her birthday around her neck and clipped it. Now they had the same necklace and were limitless.

================

i..uh...think you all know what's coming up in the next chapter.

yeah.

;)