Chapter 19

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

Hoya and Min Ji cheered for Min Woo when him and his dance group, Boyfriend, went up to dance.

dropped open when Min Woo did his solo. He found her in the crowd and winked.

“Wow, he's good.” Hoya complimented.

“Yeah. Better than you.”

“What? You did not just go there.”

Min Ji laughed. “Yeah, I think I did.”

“Pft.”

 

Min Woo's group won first place. Min Ji and Hoya met them outside.

“Look at our big, shiny trophy!” Min Woo waved it in Min Ji's face.

“Very big and shiny. Congrats!”

Min Woo introduced the other 5 members of his dance crew before walking to the nearby ice cream shop to celebrate.

“Yah, what do you guys want?” Dong Hyun asked.

“It's alright. I'll buy.” Hoya said and walked to the front.

“Mint chocolate chip for you right?” he asked Min Ji.

“You still remember?”

“Of course. That's like all you ate since the day I met you.” he chuckled.

The cashier handed her the ice cream.

“Thanks.”

“Thanks Mr. Lee!” Min Woo said when everyone got their ice cream.

“We're not in school. Just call me Hoya.” he smiled.

“Thanks Hoya hyung!” everyone thanked.

 

Min Ji's phone vibrated in her pocket.

Call from Woohyun

She pursed her lips and looked around. She was having too much fun to deal with Woohyun, so she just hit ignore.

Hoya noticed it and smiled a bit to himself before his ice cream.

“Hey, weren't you supposed to go on a date with Mr. N—I mean Woohyun hyung?”

“Yeah but something came up...something annoying that wears 12 inch heels and a tight blouse.” she whispered the last part.

Everyone stared at her.

“Huh?” the twins asked in unison.

“Oh nothing!” she smiled.

Hoya laughed.

 

Woohyun called Min Ji again.

The number you have reached is currently--

“Damnit!”

He rushed to the cafe after he helped the office ahjumma's fix the broken printer. It was a lot harder than he thought it would be and lost track of time. And it was definitely hard to get anything done with the new secretary, Kim Hyuna, clinging onto him like Velcro. Even during the meeting she was like that. He thought it was annoying and more she threw herself at him, the more he missed Min Ji.

He sat on his couch and thought about her.

She wouldn't just leave if he was just a couple of minutes late right? She wasn't the type to jump to conclusions.

Then he thought the worst.

What if something bad happened to her?

He quickly ran out of his apartment to look for her.

 

Woohyun checked the cafe for the fifth time and checked the park for the sixth time but she wasn't there. He went to her house but no one was home. He decided to check in another section of town. He passed the library and a silver car caught his eye.

I know that car...

He continued walking and stopped in front of the ice cream parlor when he spotted Hoya, Min Ji, Min Woo and other guys all seated at a table chatting happily.

Woohyun eyed her phone on the table before taking his phone out of his pocket to call her.

He saw her look at the phone, frown and set it back down. Something inside him snapped and he walked in.

 

Hoya started to wipe some ice cream off of Min Ji's face when Woohyun walked in.

Min Ji saw him make his way towards their table.

She stopped laughing and stared at him. Hoya followed her gaze and his smile faded.

All the laughter from before died down as an awkward tension took over.

Min Woo looked back and forth between the two lovers and bit his lip.

 

Woohyun's face turned red.

“Didn't I tell you not to touch her?”

“What makes you think I'll listen?” Hoya challenged.

“I have to go pick up my brother. See you Min Woo! Nice meeting you guys.” Min Ji said quickly and stood up.

“I'll take you.” Hoya said, eyes not leaving Woohyun.

Min Ji was halfway out the door until Woohyun grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

“Let go.”

“No.”

“Woohyun, let go.” Min Ji shot daggers from her eyes.

Hoya stood in between them. “You heard her.”

Woohyun slowly let go and the two of them left.

“What just happened?” Jungmin asked.

“Seriously, being her best friend is like living in a fanfic.” Min Woo muttered, eying the cashier, debating in his mind if he should get another cone.

 

Min Ji was totally dreading school on Monday. She walked to school slower than normal. She hadn't talked to Woohyun all weekend and wasn't sure where their relationship was at anymore.

To her surprise, there were no fangirls crowded around the classroom.

Woohyun walked out of the room and looked around before his eyes settled on Min Ji. She froze and clutched onto her back strap tightly. He walked towards her in long, angry strides.

“What has been wrong with you lately?” he asked.

“I need to get to class.”

“No, listen to me.”

“What?!” Min Ji raised her voice.

Woohyun's eyes widened. “Why didn't you wait for me? Why did you ignore my calls?”

She looked down.

“ing answer me or else I'll kiss you right here, right now.” he stepped closer to her.

She looked at him and could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't bluffing.

“Why were you late?” she asked.

“I told you. There was a meeting. But then there were some troubles in the main office that I had to take care of.”

Min Ji scoffed. “Troubles. That's what you call it?”

“What are you talking about?”

 

“Oh! Mr. Nam and Min Ji! Just the two people I wanted to see. Follow me into my office will you?” the principal said with his hands in his pockets.

The two gave him a confused look before nodding and following him.

“We need to tell him the truth.” Woohyun whispered.

Min Ji looked up at him.

“Okay, I'll tell him the truth. All of it.” she said.

 

The three of them sat down in the principal's office.

“Might as well get it over with. I'm sure you two know about the rumors going around the school right? About the two of you possibly being more than just teacher-student.” he started.

“The truth is Mr. Choi--”

“There is nothing going on between Mr. Nam and I.” Min Ji cut him off.

Woohyun turned to look at her with wide eyes.

“Nothing? Nothing at all?” the principal asked.

“Nothing.”

“Is this true Mr. Nam?”

Woohyun continued to stare at Min Ji wondering if what she said was true or if she was just good at acting.

“Uh, yes. You know teenagers...always creating gossip.”

“Now that we have established that he is just my teacher, can I go to class now?” Min Ji asked, standing up.

“Oh yeah. But I've transferred you to another class. I hope this will kill those rumors. This is your new class.” he handed Min Ji a slip of paper.

She took the paper and left the office without another word.

 

Min Ji walked down the empty hallway with watery eyes.

Woohyun caught her wrist and turned her around.

“What you said back there, it isn't true right?” he asked.

“I told you I'd tell him the truth. And I did.”

“No, we're not breaking up. I love you, you love me.”

“Sometimes that's not enough. You're a teacher, I'm just a stupid senior that still has yet to graduate. I should've seen the dangers of this since the beginning.”

“Is this because of Hoya? Cause if it is, I'll--”

“It's about us! Our very unhealthy relationship! We can't even go on a date without you getting stuck in a staff meeting or us possibly being caught by another student! I can't see you except for in front of a chalkboard with girls all over you.”

“But the only girl I see is you.”

“You're making this harder than it is.” she turned around and started to walk away, towards her new classroom. “Go back to your room. You have a class waiting for you.”

Woohyun watched as her figure disappeared down the hallway and into another classroom that wasn't his.

He knew heartbreak hurt. There are thousands of songs written about it but he didn't know that it really hurt this much. He had to experience it to know. And he just did.

========

okay.

ARE THERE ANY MYUNGSOO BIASED PEOPLE OUT THERE?!?!?!

please speak up, cause i feel so alone.

T.T