Chapter 2

Yes, Mr. Teacher

sorry for not updating the past 2 days! been a little busy~~

and i kept accidentally typing the girl(Hye Su) from my old story in this. idk why. so if you see a mistake, just tell me!

 

 

Nice to see you again Min Ji.” the lunch lady smiled.

Min Ji chuckled. “Get used to this face.” she joked.

The lunch lady rang up her lunch and gave her a pat on the back.

Min Ji sighed and looked at of the people in the cafeteria. She sighed and thought about her old friends who were out enjoying the college life.

She found a empty table and sat down. When she picked up her spoon, she saw someone sit in front of her. She looked up and saw her deskmate she failed to remember the name of. He had that same smile and hat.

“Mind if I sit with you? My friends from my dance crew I used to sit with are older than me and graduated last year.”

Min Ji shrugged. “I don't care.”

He smiled and starting digging into his lunch.

“You might know them. Jo Youngmin? Jo Kwangmin?”

“The twins?”

“Yeah. You know them?”

“They were in my class.”

“Oh...”

 

They ate in silence.

“Noona...” he said.

“Noona?”

“Aren't you older than me?”

“We're in the same class. Just call me Min Ji.”

“I'll call you Min Ji noona.” he declared.

She just raised an eyebrow at him. “What's your name again?”

He frowned a little. “Min Woo.”

“Min Woo...” she repeated.

“We're going to be best friends, okay?”

Min Ji scoffed. “Whatever.”

The second Min Woo laid his eyes on Min Ji, he somehow knew she was a bit lonely being in a class full of people younger than her. He wanted to be there for her.

Min Woo held out a pinky.

She stared at it while chewing on her rice slowly.

He continued to stare at her with a wide grin.

She rolled her eyes and hooked pinkies with him. His positive attitude started to rub off on her already.

 

The students all went back to class.

Mr. Nam stood up to start the next lesson.

“Alright so--”

“Songsaengnim, you have something on your face.” a student blurted.

He immediately turned a bright shade of red and tried to find a napkin.

Some of the girls in the back of the classroom started to giggle.

“He's so cute, isn't he?” they whispered to each other.

Min Ji shook her head at her clumsy teacher.

 

The school day went by fast for Min Ji. First of all, the work he assigned was hard so she just slept. Second of all, her teacher never failed to amuse her during the lectures.

She noticed that he scratched the back of his neck a lot when he accidentally said something wrong. He also stuttered a bit when he'd get too caught up in what he was talking about. She also found herself wondering what he would like without the big glasses and combed back hair. She shook the thought of him actually being good looking from her head when the final bell rang.

 

Everyone gathered their things quickly and rushed out of the room to go home or attend their clubs.

“Min Ji-sshi?” Mr. Nam asked right before she was about to walk out of the room.

She turned around and walked to his desk.

“If I'm in trouble, I can't stay for long. I have to pick up my brother.” she said with no emotion in her voice.

“No you're not in trouble. Although I am disappointed in you because you didn't do any of the work I assigned.”

She just stared at him.

 

He cleared his throat. “I really don't want to see you again next year.”

If Min Ji wasn't so uninterested in what he had to say, she would've been slightly hurt.

“I didn't mean it in a bad way, but I really want to see you graduate.” he quickly added.

Min Ji wanted to get out of there and get him out of her face about graduating. She knew he just wanted to use her to make him look good to the school. If his whole class graduated on his first year of teaching, the school will definitely think highly of him.

“De.” she muttered.

“So I was wondering if you would like to join my after school tutoring class I'll be starting next week.”

“What? I get enough of just 7 hours of school. I don't want to stay longer!” she practically yelled.

“I'm not making you! I'm just asking for you to consider it.” he said in a calm voice.

She actually found herself calming down at the soft tone he used.

 

“Sorry Mr. Nam, but you're annoying me.”

“I could care less if I'm annoying you. I want to help you.” she could see the sincerity in his eyes.

“You can help me by stopping with this graduation stuff.”

“I'm afraid I can't do that. I'll be really happy if I see my whole class graduating, including you.”

Min Ji started walking away.

“Not my problem.” she slung her bag over her shoulder lazily and lifted a hand.

“See you tomorrow teach. Good luck on your second day.”

Mr. Nam sighed and sat down to grade some papers. He wasn't surprised when he didn't stumble upon Min Ji's name.

 

“Noona!” Hyun Woo ran and hugged his sister.

“How was your first day?” she asked and ruffled his hair.

“Great! Look at what I made for you!” he held up a key chain made of different color string.

Min Ji smiled and knelt down in front of him.

“Wah, it's so pretty. Thank you.” she smiled and clipped it to her bag. “Want to take a walk through town?”

Hyun Woo smiled showing his gap from losing his baby teeth.

“Yeah yeah! Can we get ice cream?” he asked with hopeful eyes.

“Sure.”

 

“Where have you guys been?” Min Ji heard her mom call form the kitchen.

Min Ji set a sleeping Hyun Woo on the couch before walking into the kitchen.

“I took him out for some ice cream.” she said.

“Oh...well dinner will be ready in an hour or so. Any homework?”

“Yeah.”

“You gonna do it?”

“Nope.”

“Min Ji, this year just try. Just try for one year to graduate. Do you really want to live like me? We barely make enough to get by. The phone, internet and TV were cut off today.”

“Mom, I can get a job if it'll help pay the bills.”

“No. You're a student. You have to focus on school. And don't try to change the subject.”

“Mom--”

“Please. I don't want to see my daughter living like this. Paycheck to paycheck type life. If you at least get a high school diploma, you can get a decent job. You can't be living with me forever. Especially in a place like this.”

“I'll marry a rich guy.”

“Rich guys like smart girls.”

“Not all.”

 

Defeated, Min Ji's mom started to get some eggs from the fridge.

“Eggs and rice again?” Min Ji asked.

“I had to cut our grocery list short.”

She stood up and looked through the empty pantry, empty fridge, empty cupboards and empty....everything. She looked around at the old house that was getting ready to fall apart. With her dad gone, there was no one there to fix up anything that was broken. Their handyman was gone. She then turned to her mom. She noticed the tried bag under eyes and old, faded clothes. How long had it been since she got new clothes?

Min Ji sighed and thought about Mr. Nam.

 

Her second day of school went by just how the first day went. She sat in class, staring off into space and scoffing at her very awkward teacher.

Lunch was the same too. She just nodded at whatever Min Woo was saying, half-listening.

“Hey, I'm going to the bathroom.” Min Ji said, and stood up.

“Okay! See you in class.” he waved cheerfully accidentally hitting his hat, making it fall to the ground. “Oops.”

 

With hands in her pockets, she made her way to the bathroom. She spotted Mr. Nam coming her way and stared at him as he was struggling with his papers.

He's not going to make it...

Just as she was thinking that, the papers fell and scattered everywhere.

“Aish!” he ruffled his hair in frustration.

Pabo...

Min Ji chuckled silently and bent down to help him pick them up.

“Ah, komawo.” he said and started to pick them up too.

Mr. Nam looked up and noticed it was Min Ji. He was shocked that it was her. He didn't think the ice cold Min Ji would actually help him.

Min Ji looked up and noticed he was staring at her wide-eyed.

“What?”

“Nothing. You're already done eating?” he asked, carrying his papers again.

Min Ji straightened up and nodded.

“That's good. Brain food is good.” he nodded and started to make his way down the hallway again.

 

Min Ji bit her lip and thought about how sincere he was when he offered to help her yesterday.

After closing her eyes and making up her mind she turned around.

“Mr. Nam!” she yelled down the hallway.

He turned with a raised eyebrow.

She half jogged up to him.

“What is it?”

She took a deep breath before speaking up.

“So when do your tutoring sessions start again?”

He smiled widely and Min Ji could've swore she felt a butterfly in her stomach but didn't think much of it, just assuming it was something she ate.

Okay, so her teacher was cute.

So what?

=====================

PUT YO HANDS UP PUT YO HANDS UP~~ *swag like wooyoung*

omg omg omg. did you all watch sesame player 2 yet?!

SO MUCH WOOGYU!!!!!!!! <333

but i have to say, seeing dongwoo and myungsoo sleeping together was the highlight. myungsoo's cute . hehehe. :DDD

(HOYA IN GLASSES!! KYA~)

and i'd gladly move in and take the unoccupied bunk below sungyeol... ;)

have you all heard the song Please by Leader's?

BEST SONG EVERRR! LISTEN TO IT! NAOOO~

 

i think i'm done.

;)

 

WAIT.

WELCOME BACK FLYINGPIKACHU!!!!