Chapter 17

Yes, Mr. Teacher

might have some grammar mistakes. i was WAY too lazy to read over it. so if you see one(or a bazillion), please ignore.

thank you.

carry on.

after the beep.

 

 

 

 

 

*beep*

 

The second Min Ji turned into the hallway of her class, she saw girls huddled around the door. She furrowed her eyebrows and sped up her pace. There were more and more girls running towards the classroom. Soon there was a big crowd and Min Ji couldn't even get inside.

“Yah! Move!” Min Ji screamed and they all made a path so she could go in. She walked in and stopped in her tracks when she saw Woohyun. Not Mr. Nam, but Woohyun standing there. dropped.

He cleared his throat. “Good morning Min Ji.”

“Morning...” she proceeded to her desk.

“That was my reaction too. At first I thought it was a substitute. Girls have been taking pictures of him all day. Who knew Mr. Nam was such a babe?” the girl that sat in front of her told her.

“Ha yeah...who knew?”

 

Woohyun was struggling trying to talk to Sungyeol who was asking him about an assignment.

“Songsaengnim! Can I be apart of your after school tutoring too?”

“No! He already said I could.”

“Can we take a selca?”

“Excuse me but I'm trying to talk to my student. I would advise you to go to your classrooms.” Woohyun said as politely as he could.

A student tugged on his arm while another took another picture of him.

“We'll leave if you wink!” a student yelled.

Woohyun groaned and gave Sungyeol an apologetic look.

“I'll talk to you after class.”

Hoya was sitting with his legs crossed at his desk while laughing at Woohyun's stressed face. The reaction from the female students was even better than he expected it to be.

 

The school bell rang and the girls quickly left to go to their classrooms.

“Mr. Nam! Why did you suddenly become hot?” a male student blurted. “With Mr. Lee over there, the girls are already ignoring us. Now you too?”

“I just thought...it was time for a change.”

Min Ji could see Min Woo open his mouth to say a probably very snarky remark.

“Save it.”

He pouted.

 

At the end of the day Min Ji walked around the school once before making her way back to the classroom. Maybe she could spend some time and talk with Woohyun before she had to pick up Hyun Woo. She turned into the room and was about to call Woohyun's name but she stopped when she saw girls surrounding him and his desk.

“Songsaengnim, can I call you oppa?”
“Uh, I'd rather you not.”

“Why not? You're handsome like an oppa.” she sat on his desk and tried to play with his hair.

Woohyun shifted uncomfortably in his chair and backed away from her.

“See you Woohyun!” Hoya waved happily before walking passed his desk.

The girls paid no attention to him.

“Oh so your name is Woohyun? Woohyun oppa. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?” another student said.

“Thank Hoya...thanks.” Woohyun muttered.

“No problem!”

 

Min Ji stood there scoffing at the scene.

So this is why he wanted to reveal his real self?

“Min Ji, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be on your way home?” Hoya asked when he spotted Min Ji turning and leaving.

She turned around and shrugged.

“Woohyun's a real heartthrob now isn't he?” Hoya asked as they started walking down the hallway.

“He always was to me.”

“Really?”

“Okay...except for when I first saw him in school. I thought he was a pabo.”

“He is a pabo.”

A pabo that I love.

“Only sometimes...”

They both laughed together.

 

Woohyun turned his head right when Min Ji and Hoya walked out the door together.

“I have to go home now. I have lots of papers to grade. Have a good night.” Woohyun stood up with his folders and started to leave.

“But what about the tutoring?” a student asked.

“It's...uh...canceled today.”

“When will it start?”

When I'm not this irritated.

“When I get the lessons sorted out.” he lied.

“Oppa can I have a ride home?”

“No, I need a ride. My house is so far from here.”

Woohyun just sighed and left the room. He looked down both sides of the hallway but Hoya and Min Ji were gone.

 

“Do you need a ride home?” Hoya asked.

“No it's okay. I have to pick up my brother.”

“We can pick him up. Hop in! Where's his school?”

Min Ji got in his car on the passenger side.

“You pass it before getting to my house.”

“Oh right! How could I forget? It was the elementary school we met at in 2nd grade right?”

Min Ji chuckled. “Yeah...that one.”

They reached the front of the school.

Hoya sighed. “Wah, still crappy and old.”

They laughed together again.

 

Min Ji spotted Hyun Woo's bowl cut and glasses and got out of the car to call him over. He got in the car and his face hit up.

“Hoya hyung!” he yelled.

“Hey little dude! You remember me?” Hoya turned around with a bright smile.

“Of course! You used to come over all the time and play soccer with me!”

Hoya grinned and ruffled his hair.

 

When they reached the house, Hyun Woo wouldn't stop pestering Hoya to come in.

“Please hyung? I have no one to play with. Noona is always studying or talking on the phone and Omma isn't home.”

Hoya glanced at Min Ji who was fiddling with her bracelet. He had a feeling she didn't want him to come in.

“I'd love to, but hyung has work stuff to do. Maybe next time?”

Hyun Woo's bottom lip started to tremble and his eyes watered.

Min Ji's eyes widened as she turned around.

Hyun Woo never cried. Not when he fell off his bike and not when they lost him at the mall one day.

Hoya looked around frantically. He didn't know what to do.

“Hyung...please?” he started to cry.

“If it's okay with your noona.”

Hyun Woo looked up at Min Ji with puppy dog eyes.

She sighed, defeated. “Alright.”

He immediately smiled and got out of the car. He opened the drivers seat door and dragged Hoya out with a hard yank.

“Whoa!”

“Hey! You were faking!” Min Ji yelled but they were already in the house.

 

After finishing up her homework, Min Ji walked downstairs to get a drink. She walked in the living room after grabbing a water bottle.

“Noona, come play games with us!” Hyun Woo said, throwing a controller at her head.

She caught it just in time.

Hoya patted the seat next to him.

“Come on. It's fun. Get your mind off of studying for awhile.” he said.

She shrugged and sat down next to him.

Min Ji played with them for awhile, oblivious that her phone was ringing in her school bag upstairs.

 

“Omona! Howonnie!” Min Ji's mom squealed.

“Annyonghaseyo Ms. No. You look just as beautiful as the last time I saw you!”

She ran up to Hoya and hugged him.

“Aigo...It's been awhile hasn't it? I'll go cook dinner! You're staying right?”

“Mom...” Min Ji grumbled.

“I don't know if I should...”

“You're staying!” she said sternly before walking into the kitchen.

“Sometimes I wonder if she loves you more than me.” Min Ji said.

Hoya just laughed.

 

The four of them ate dinner together, joking and laughing.

Hyun Woo wouldn't stop staring at Hoya admiringly as he spoke. Hoya was his role model ever since he learned how to talk.

Min Ji's mom almost choked on her drink because of something funny Hoya had said. Hyun Woo laughing as well.

Min Ji smiled and couldn't help but reminisce.

Just like old times...

 

The next day Min Ji walked through the halls dreading the fangirls she would see in front of her classroom again.

Suddenly a hand pulled her into an empty hallway.

“Hey.” Woohyun smiled.

“What the hell?! Don't scare me like that!”

“Sorry, I didn't want to risk those students seeing me.”

Min Ji could see the principal at the end of the long hallway.

“Woohyun, I don't think it's a good idea to be seen with me.”

“I don't care. I miss you. Date on Friday? We can go after school.”

“Okay.” she said, eyes not leaving the principal who was walking their way.

“After I find a way to ditch those girls.”

“Yeah...” what he was saying was going through one ear and out the other. The principal was halfway down the hallway now.

“Hey, why didn't you answer my calls last night?”

She didn't answer, because she was looking at the principal in her peripheral vision. But it looked like she was looking at Woohyun.

“Why aren't you answering me?”

Min Ji quickly walked away nervously, leaving Woohyun by himself.

Why is she avoiding the question?

 

Min Ji sat in her seat and heaved a sigh of relief.

“What's wrong with you? You're sweating.” Min Woo commented.

She wiped away the sweat with her sleeve. “The principal caught me talking with Woohyun.”

“So?”

“What if the principal heard about the rumors too? Woohyun could be questioned or something.”

“Stop being so paranoid.”

“I'm not being paranoid! Just careful.”

“Yeah..sure.”

 

Woohyun made sure the crowd of girls were gone before entering the classroom. It seems that it would have to be like this until the end of the school year. Or when someone hotter entered the school.

“Min Ji, I think you dropped this in my car yesterday.” Hoya said and walked to her desk.

He set down the key chain Hyun Woo had made for her on the first day of school on her desk.

“Oh thanks.” she said and clipped it to her bag again.

“And here are your containers. Tell your mom I said thanks for the food. My mom really loved it.”

“Sure thing.”

Woohyun's jealousy was written all over his face.

That's why she wouldn't pick up my calls all night.

She was with him.

============

yayayayyy! finished this chapter after LOTS of procrastination.

i need to channel my awesomeness and stop procrastinating. (i blame youtube)

SOOO...UH...

MY 'OVER THE TOP' ALBUM STILL HASN'T COME IN THE FRIGGIN' MAIL YET.

*dying from Infinite withdrawl*