Chapter 15

Yes, Mr. Teacher

 

Baby, I miss you~” Woohyun whined over the phone.

“You just saw me at school.” Min Ji chuckled.

“Alright, I miss you as my girlfriend.”

“I miss you too.”

“Hey, aren't you supposed to be studying?!”

Min Ji's mouth dropped. “You called me.

“Right. Maybe you should come to school early tomorrow so...Mr. Nam can help you since you aren't going to his tutoring sessions anymore.”

“They're so boring!”

“They're educational.”

Min Ji recalled the last time she stayed after and rolled her eyes. It wasn't educational at all.

“Fine, I'll go to school early tomorrow. I'll ask my mom to take Hyun Woo to school. But no more classroom .”

“Aw, you saw my true intentions.” Woohyun joked.

“Pig!”

“I'm just kidding. I just want to be with you.”

Min Ji couldn't help but smile.

 

The next morning, Min Ji walked into school an hour earlier than usual. It was empty except for staff members and other students who needed extra help. She rubbed her eyes as she walked into her classroom.

“Oh God, maybe you shouldn't have come.” Woohyun said as she sat in the seat directly in front of him.

“Well, I'm already here. But seriously, how do you do this everyday? I'd be so cranky getting up this early.”

“Yeah, I don't know how I do it either. I guess you're pretty face is what makes me get out of bed in the morning.” he knelt down in front of the desk and looked in her eyes.

Min Ji smiled and had the biggest urge to kiss him but decided against it. It was way to risky because of the fact that teachers kept walking past the room to get to the teacher's lounge.

“Let's get to tutoring! Your grades are slipping again missy.” Woohyun shook a finger and pushed up his glasses.

“Where's Hoya?” Min Ji asked as she took out her work book.

“Why?” he asked as he was checking what problems to do.

“Just wondering.” she shrugged.

“I don't know why he's not here actually. Maybe he's running late.”

 

“Ah, Woohyun! My head hurts!” Min Ji groaned and put her head on her desk.

“Call me Mr. Nam!”

“Mr. Nam! Let's take a break.”

“We've only been working for 15 minutes. And we're still on literature.”

“It's still so early.”

“Maybe if you would've gotten more sleep...”

“Maybe if my boyfriend wouldn't have called so late!” she lifted her head to glower at him.

“Whoever this boyfriend is, break up with him.”

Min Ji chuckled. “Yes, Mr. Nam. I'll follow your advice. I will tonight.”

“I was joking...” he pouted. “I didn't call that late!”

 

“Hello fellow worker buddy! Oh Min Ji-ah! What are you doing here so early?” Hoya walked in after 30 more minutes of solving long math problems.

“You're late.” Woohyun said, looking through some papers.

“You're early.” he walked passed him and stopped in front of Min Ji.

“Can we talk outside? In private?” Hoya turned and eyed Woohyun who was staring at him.

“Uh..sure.” Min Ji stood up and walked out of the classroom.

 

“I had fun last night. Before Min Ho ruined it.”

“Min Woo...his name is Min Woo.”

“Whatever. I was hoping for another chance. I couldn't even have a proper conversation with you. I wasn't lying when I said that I miss you. I really do, and I really regret breaking up with you.”

“I have a boyfriend now.” Min Ji whispered.

Hoya stepped closer as she stepped back. Her back hit the wall behind her. “But your boyfriend isn't here now, is he?”

She kept quiet.

He place a hand on the wall by her face and leaned down. “He isn't here to stop me from doing this, is he?”

Min Ji looked down and tried to pushed him away but he didn't budge. “If someone see's us...”

“I'm not staff here. I'm just an intern.”

“Hoya, I don't love you anymore. I have someone else now.” she looked at him with a hard expression.

“But what if I said I still had feelings for you?” he started to lean in again.

“I'd say that--”

 

Min Ji's words were cut off.

“Bastard!” Woohyun punched Hoya in the face. He fell to the ground.

“Why did you just hit me?!” he yelled.

Woohyun was fuming and breathing heavily. Min Ji touched his arm to calm him down.

She looked around and sighed in relief that their were no administrators around but some students were. It was about the time that students will be starting to pile in.

She walked to the group of freshmen girls that witnessed the punch.

“Tell anyone about that punch and I'll make sure you'll regret it.”

The girls automatically nodded, knowing that Min Ji was a senior.

 

Hoya smirked and stood up.

“I said why did you hit me?” he got in Woohyun's face and asked with a scary tone.

Woohyun just stood there glaring at him. There was nothing he could say.

“Min Ji here. She's just a student to you, isn't she? So why did you hit me?”

“Hoya...” Min Ji glared at him when walking back over.

“Why?!” he yelled.

Woohyun was now 100% sure that Hoya knew who he was. He didn't know how he found out but he was sure. So he had nothing to lose.

“Because I love her. So don't touch her.” he whispered through gritted teeth so that only the three of them could possibly hear.

Hoya stepped back and nodded. That's all he needed to hear so he walked into the classroom to start off the day.

 

Weeks passed and Hoya managed to keep their relationship a secret. He never even approached Min Ji after that. Him and Woohyun weren't speaking either unless it was absolutely necessary and about work. Midterms were also coming up so all the students were stressed.

“You know what I just heard?” Min Woo asked as he ran up to Min Ji in the halls.

“What?”

“There are rumors going around that you and Mr. Nam have a thing. It had been going around the younger grades and just reached the seniors.”

Min Ji just stared at blankly at Min Woo. It was so early that her brain couldn't process the information.

“Wait, what?”

Min Woo repeated the statement.

They had reached the classroom.

Her eyes widened and she looked at Woohyun who was busily writing something on the board. When she saw the date, she frowned.

This has got to be the worst day ever.

 

Her gaze traveled to Hoya who was grading papers. She narrowed her eyes and strode over to him.

“You told someone, didn't you?”

Hoya looked up. “What?”

“You told someone about me and Woohyun, didn't you?”

“No. I'm not happy that you're dating your teacher but I'm not that type of person. You know that Min Ji. I would use this for my own benefit, not to ruin your life.”

Min Ji furrowed her eyebrows at the last sentence.

“Your own benefit?”

Hoya shrugged and continued to work.

She shook her head. It was probably something childish anyways. It was Hoya after all.

She tried to figure out who could possibly start the rumor. Then she thought about the girls that saw the punch that one day.

Crap...

 

Throughout the day, Min Ji just stared at the ground and thought about nothing. This was the day that she dreaded the most every year and it was the day that changed her life.

Min Woo tried to console her at lunch but it wasn't Min Woo she wanted. It was Woohyun.

Her change in character didn't go unnoticed by Woohyun. When she walked in the classroom after lunch and the rest of the students were taking their seats, he gestured her over.

“What's wrong? You've been looking so down all day.” he asked.

“Today is the day....my dad passed away.” she whispered.

Woohyun looked at her with sympathetic eyes. He wanted to hold her, embrace her and never let go. But he knew he couldn't.

Min Ji just turned around and walked back to her seat. Because of the rumors going around, she should stay away from Woohyun as much as possible in school.

 

As the lesson went on, a tear slid down her cheek.

A hug.

That's all Min Ji needed from him. But he couldn't give it to her. Instead she had to look at her boyfriend all day and do nothing about it.

For the first time, her relationship with Woohyun actually hurt her.

She started to doubt it.

==========

i really can't believe i finished this chapter.

i hope you all understand why i didn't update. SPAZZING OVER INFINITE. :)

myungsoo is so perfect. *crying*