Washing the pain away

Only Chance

 

Chapter 5- Washing the pain away

Jessica’s p.o.v

My heart ached as I ran out crying. I liked him so much and was pushed aside for that guy. I ran into the classroom since everyone was at lunch. I looked up as I heard someone clear their throat.

 

“ I’m sorry but can you leave. I want to be alone” I said and he just closed the door.

 

“ Are you deaf? I clearly asked to be alone” I repeated.

 

“ I heard you” he admitted.

 

“ Then?”

 

“ I don’t want to”

 

“ Why?”

 

“ Just because”

 

“ Just because what?”

 

“ It’s because I don’t leave girls who are clearly in pain”

 

“ Thanks” I said as he handed me a tissue.

 

“ Luhan isn’t into you.I think you should move on”

 

“ I know. Thanks mr. obivious”

 

“ Good” he said standing up. He walked towards the door and stopped.

 

“ Don’t tell anyone about this or else” he threatened walking out. That guy really has a way of comforting people. I thought smiling. I laughed and dried my tears. I realized that I still don’t  know his name. I walked over and opened my locker to see a note fly out. I picked it up and read it.

 

We can hang out if you’re still upset about Luhan and want to forget him. What do you say?


I turned around and saw the empty hall. I walked back to class and saw him listening to music. I patted his back and he looked up. He took out his headphone and asked. “ what?”

 

“ I would love to hang out” I said smiling.

 

“ Ok. I’ll see you after school” he said and I nodded.

 

“ Okay” I said walking to my seat. The bell rang and students came back into the classroom. Luhan came in and sat down.

“ Hey, can we talk?” he asked.

 

“ Can we talk another time? I’m not feeling well” I lied and he nodded.

 

“ Sure. “

 

Class ended and I went to pack up. I saw Luhan walking out with Sehun and scoffed. What does he have that I don’t? I wondered as my heart ached.

 

“ Jessica, we’ll talk tomorrow, ok?” he said and I nodded. Sehun gave me a smile and I faked smile as they walked out. I turned around shocked.

 

“ Ready?” he asked and I nodded following him out.

 

“ Where are we going?” I asked putting a helmet on.

 

“ Surprise” he said starting the engine. I wrapped my arms around his waist. We arrived as he stopped the engine. I looked up shocked.

 

“ What are we doing here?”

 

“ I brought you here because you're different. I thought you would like it but if you want.....”

 

“ No. I like it” I said cutting him off. I smiled and walked behind him.

 

“ Donghae!” an older woman cried opening the door.

 

“ How are you?” she asked hugging him.

 

“ I’m good”

 

She turned towards me and smiled.

“ Hi. I’m Jessica Jung” I introduced bowing.

 

“ How sweet. You brought your girlfriend” she said and I blushed. Donghae was about to talk when some kids ran in.

 

“ Donghae hyung! Donghae oppa!”

 

I chuckled as they tackled him.

“ We missed you” some girls said and he smiled.

 

“ Let’s go play!” they yelled pulling him out. A boy came up to me and asked if I wanted to play. I smiled and nodded.

“ Yay!” he cheered pulling me outside. Donghae split us into teams and made us the captains.

 

“ Let’s start!” he yelled kicking the ball. I froze mesmerized by his smile.

 

“ Focus!”  someone yelled and I ran towards the ball. He pushed me and kicked the ball in the goal.

“ Hey! You pushed me!” I said and he smirked.

 

“ So?”

 

“ You wanna play dirty, huh? Fine!”

 

I got up and started running. I looked over and saw that Donghae had the ball. He started running when I kicked him. I smirked and apologized as he fell. I ran off and made a goal.

 

“ That was clever” he said and I smirked.

 

“ I know”

 

“ Cocky already? The game hasn’t ended”

 

The whistle blew and we both ran for the ball. I tried to steal it when Donghae  ran past and got the ball. He moved his legs when I put my foot out causing me to trip.He caught my waist and turned us around causing me to topple on him. My heart started beating as I looked into his eyes. We stayed still when someone coughed snapping us back in reality. We turned and saw the kids smirking. I coughed as I awkwardly got off of him.

 

“ Are you ok?” I asked and he nodded.

 

“ Donghae, can you come inside and help?” the ajumma from earlier asked.

“ I’ll do it” I volunteered.

 

She nodded and gestured for me to come in. I walked in and the kitchen was small but well built. I tested the hardware by clicking on it and it didn’t collapse. I noticed the sink’s nails were lose and could collapse any moment. I went outside and dragged Donghae in.

 

“ What’s wrong?”

 

I pointed to the sink and immediately knew what I wanted. He left for the store as I went back into the kitchen.

“ I have to go attend a dinning problem so just cut the lettuce”  the ajumma said and  I nodded as she walked off. I grabbed a knife. I washed the lettuce and placed it on a cutting board. I started cutting the lettuce when someone placed their hands on me and yelled “ boo!”

 

I flinched and the knife slipped cutting my finger. I looked up and saw Donghae. My face turned red as the pain increased. He suddenly got worried as guilt build up in. .

 

“ Oh my god! Jessica, are you ok?”

 

“ I’m fine” I said and he grabbed the first aid kit from the cabinet. He sprayed the cut and placed a blew  on it.

 

“ Better” he asked placing a bandage over it. I nodded and he smiled.



Dinner ended and I looked all over for Donghae but couldn’t find him. Someone told me he was outside so I went out to the back. I saw a silhouette sitting on top of the slide so I slowly walked behind him. I went behind him and jumped on him.

 

“ Bo.....aww!”

 

He grabbed my hand and flipped me over onto him. He lost his grip and we slid down the slide. I tried to stand up and fell back onto him. He stared at me and I gave him an awkward smile.

 

“ I’m sorry about earlier”

 

“ It’s fine” I said and suddenly slightly chuckled.

 

“ Why are you laughing?”

 

“ It’s just funny. I don’t get why everyone is afraid of you when you’re so sweet” I said and he smiled.

 

“ See. You’re also pretty when you smile” I complimented and he blushed.

 

“ Your name is Donghae, huh?” I asked changing the topic.

 

“ Yeah. Lee Donghae”

 

“ I’m Jessica Jung” I introduced.

 

“ Nice to meet you” he said and I smiled.

 

“ You’re also pretty when you smile” he complimented and I blushed. I yawned and laid my head on his chest. We stayed like that for awhile until his name was heard. I stood up and wiped the dust off my kids. I turned around and saw one of the kids staring at us intrigued.

 

“ Umma is looking for you” she said giving us a quick glance before walking away. He walked inside and I followed behind him.

“ It’s getting late. You should go home” she suggested and Donghae nodded.

 

“ Okay. I’ll visit soon” he said as she gave him a quick hug. She turned towards me and smiled.

 

“ Nice meeting you and make sure to take care of Donghae for me” she said and I was shocked. She smirked and quickly gave me a hug when Donghae came towards me. We came home and he walked me towards my porch.

“ Wait!”

 

“ What’s wrong?”

 

“ Thanks for today” I said giving him a quick peck.

 

“ It was nothing”

 

“ You really made my day and I’ll make it up to you, ok?”

 

“ It’s up to you”

 

“ Okay. Go home safe” I said giving him a bright smile.

 

“ Bye” he waved as I walked inside my house.

 

“ Why am I feeling this way?” Donghae wondered driving away.

 



Yay! HaeSica =)

I'm sorry I've haven't updated in a while but school is messing with my updates. I'll promise one update every week or so. Sorry about the lack of Hunhan but they'll appear in the next chapter.

 

Omg! Have you guy's seen Exo- It's still a dark night?

 

 

They covered the dance and song so well. It was beautiful and I was upset that they lost. And I know they don't need to get better because they're amazing already and those judges are... whatever. I hope they do more covers because I just love listening to their voices and watching them dance. Until the next update, see ya =)