The Wedding III

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Nervous?’ Baekhyun asked, readying his brother’s bowtie. Baekbeom smirked; gleaming and glistening as he shone from head to toe. He envied his brother; the feeling had started ever since the engagement was announced, ever since his brother first spoke about his bride-to-be…from the moment Baekbeom looked at him with a smile caused by someone else…Baekhyun felt jealous. And today, it hit harder; knowing his brother would be leaving him in a final-kind-of-way.

‘Petrified.’ His Hyung smiled.

‘Really?’ Baekhyun gawked.

‘Nah not really.’ The Groom smirked, readjusting his cuffs in his dedicated changing room, the patterened white walls contrasted well with his black suit; ‘I mean I do feel…jitters but. They’re good jitters…’ He smiled at a jaw-tightened Baekhyun;

‘…When it’s the right person, you’re not scared, just excited.’ Baekbeom winked and Baekhyun’s lips tightened into a reciprocating smile; ‘I know it’s your wedding day but stop showing off.’ He added, correcting his brother’s bow; as if the other groomsmen, stylists and hairdressers hadn’t already spent hours making sure Baekbeom was dressed to perfection…but…it was hard for him to let his brother go just yet, so he was fussing; making sure every single hair on Baekbeom’s head was correctly placed; that each button on his suit was facing the right way.

‘You’re with Taeyon, I’m sure you get what I mean.’ His Hyung chuckled, patting him on the shoulder. Baekhyun faltered for a moment in between swiping away non-existent dust off his brother’s tux. He wondered if he should do it; if he should ask, since there was no better time and no better person who would know the answer.

‘Hyung…how do you know she’s…the one?’

Baekbeom raised his eyebrows; ‘Well…you just know. You know?’ Baekhyun frowned at his brother’s response, but Baekbeom continued; ‘I mean, I’m excited to see her, and when I do…I get all jittery; it’s hard to explain but…I just start smiling and I can’t stop looking-‘ his brother’s grin grew; ‘-If I could look into her eyes forever…that would be the perfect life.’

‘Yah, look at me, look what you’ve made me say.’ Baekbeom chuckled; ‘Why are you asking anyway?’ He looked at Baekhyun quizzically, but Baekhyun didn’t respond-

-‘By the way, did you apologise to Taeyon?’ Baekhyun forced himself to continue straightening his brother’s clothes while Baekbeom looked at his reflection in the mirror; ‘She forgave you, right? Is that why you were asking? If she’s the-‘

-‘Me and her are fine.’ Baekhyun responded with a tight-lipped smile, refusing to feel what his heart was doing in his chest.

 It was a half-truth anyway, which was good enough for him. Baekbeom nodded in approval; ‘Good, good. Maybe it won’t be too long till it’ll be me who’s straightening your tie.’

Baekhyun didn’t nod, but he smiled tepidly.

‘By the way, I know you’ve been stalling for time, but we do need to go.’ Baekbeom grinned while nodding at the clock hanging above the mirror. Baekhyun looked back at his brother, this time unsmiling; ‘Is this the end of us Baekbeom? Am I losing another person?’

‘Baekhyun-ah. I’m not leaving you. I never will. I’m just getting married.’

Baekhyun looked back at his brother who watched him warmly, placing a hand on his shoulder, he murmured lowly to Baekhyun this time; ‘I don’t know who else has left you, but they’ll find their way back. They’ll know what they’re missing.’ His brother smiled warmly at him, and Baekhyun tried to take in those honest words. Baekbeom briskly walked to the door and opened it in excitement; ‘Now, let’s do this!’ He almost cheered, perhaps hyping himself up or shaking the nerves away, Baekhyun thought.

Baekhyun nodded and followed.

 

==========

‘Why are you nervous? You look great.’ Junmyeon smiled, waiting outside while the others headed into the company van (your shuttle to the wedding venue). Manager Kim who was also attending, climbed right on time, onto the driver’s seat.

You faltered, looking at down at your feet; ‘Do you think…Baekhyun would be mad I’m coming?’ You bit the inside of your lip briefly, chewing on the decision on whether to go or not. Junmyeon however stared at you open mouthed; ‘_____? Are you really not thinking of coming?’ He asked in dismay. ‘I just…want to stay out of his way-‘

-‘_____.’ Junmyeon placed both hands on your shoulders; ‘I may not know everything about Baekhyun, but trust me when I say- he’ll be happy you’re there.’ The kind, gentle leader smiled at you encouragingly; ‘Chin up.’ He tapped under your chin before climbing into the car. You gave the van one quick scan, refusing to look at Kyungsoo as you checked the other members’ attendance before meeting Jongin’s eye-

-your phone buzzed in your small handbag, distractedly pulling it out and checking who it was; the name on the screen jolted you into consciousness; Taemin.  Staring at your phone for what felt like too long, you cleared your throat; thumb lingering over the call screen…

I can’t answer it now? Baekhyun’s going to be so mad if we’re late. They’ll all hear…and-

-You weren’t ready to process whatever happened upstairs at the dorms. You didn’t know what you were feeling. No. It was time to focus on the wedding. Even if it was the third time apparently Taemin had called…

Pursing your lips together and grimacing, you slid to end the call, in a tighter breath while getting in the car and shutting the door a little too loudly.

I’ll make it up to him. You promised yourself. In more ways than one. It would all be forgotten…

It was the stress of the wedding that was doing this to you. As soon as the day was over, you’d be back to being…to feeling normal.

‘You look nice today.’ Manager Kim said merrily as he began to drive. ‘Oh! Thank you.’ Shaking your head aggressively to rid the silly thoughts from your head; ‘You look nice too. Nice tie.’ You flashed a convincing smile a t him. ‘Thanks, my girlfriend picked it out for me.’ You nodded at it approvingly; ‘She has good taste. I hope you enjoyed the fruit hamper for your birthday?’

‘We had the apples last night. They were so juicy. Thanks again’ He replied, merrily steering the wheel and commencing the journey to the wedding hall. ‘Apples? Fruit? How come I’ve never gotten that from you?’ Sehun sourly asked. You looked at him through the mirror; ‘I thought you didn’t like fruit?’  

‘I don’t but…I’d like to be asked.’ Sehun moped. ‘Yah and what abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter