Minseok

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stupid bladder.

You groaned, keeping your eyes firmly shut while you wriggled out of bed angrily.

It was a nice dream you were having, there was no drama and no Taemin popping up, just you dancing along with a human-sized bubble tea…mmmm.

You didn’t bother putting slippers on as you shuffled down the corridor to the bathroom.

But you slowed your steps, turning to your right.

Noise and light emitted out from a room.

The laundry room?

Had you left the washing machine on? It sounded as if a machine had been kept on all night.

Raising an eyebrow and yawning, you pushed open the door with one hand.

And raised both eyebrows in surprise.

Minseok.

He was covered in sweat, racing as fast as he could…on a spin bike you didn’t even realise worked. You’d always used it as a drying rack for laundry.

‘M-Minseok?’ You stuttered, rubbing both eyes, perhaps this was a dream after all.

‘Hey.’ Minseok replied breathless, he smiled at you as he slowed down, mopping his brow with a towel before getting off.

‘Minseok why are you cycling so late at night?’ You asked, hearing the hoarseness in your sleepy throat.

‘Oh I just felt like getting some exercise in, you know just to stay in…’ He knew you weren’t buying it as you folded your arms, holding in another yawn.

‘Minseok, is this about the interview?’ You asked sternly.

‘I think you already know the answer to that.’ Minseok replied looking deflated while he sat down on the floor, crossing his legs and taking a swig of water.

‘Seokieeee.’ You moaned his name while you too, joined him on the floor. The room was rather small so your knees nearly touched, you tucked them in, watching Minseok avoid eye contact for a long moment.

‘I know I know, but you don’t understand…being in this business, in this position…I can’t ignore comments like that. I’ve never been the best looking or the most talented…but being the ugliest…the fattest-‘ He raised a hand, hearing you about to object.

‘I can work on losing weight, I can do that. If I can change myself and change the way they view me, I will do it, I want to.’

You stared back at him for a long moment, trying to search for an excuse, to tell him he was crazy but-

‘If you’re going to do this, then please do it safely.’ You sighed.  

Minseok looked back at you gratefully, happy perhaps you weren’t protesting anymore.

‘I will.’ Minseok’s smile slightly faltered, you were beginning to realise that that was the tell-tale sign he was lying, you grabbed his hand;

‘Seriously. I understand why you want to do this, but it doesn’t mean you have to do it crazily.’ You added, leaning in closer, hoping he got the message.

Sweat lined the top of his brow, sliding down his cheek smoothly as Minseok stared back at you, nodding slowly.

‘I’ll cook you healthy food, heck I’ll even jog with you every day if you want, but please don’t starve yourself.’ It was the last thing you’d ever want to witness. It suddenly struck you that it wasn’t just Minseok, but all other idols who felt inadequate in their groups going through the same body struggles. Suddenly you felt bad for the likes of Krystal and even Seulgi…but not Taeyon, never Taeyon.

‘Ok.’ He uttered lowly.

You could feel yourself relax, rubbing your eyes as the fatigue of waking up early sunk in.

‘How you had the motivation to get up so early amazes me, I wish the others back in Korea weren’t so lazy.’ You chuckled, tapping his arm in amusement.

‘Baekhyun keeps messaging in the group chat that he’s going to get some abs in order to impress me, and Chanyeol keeps asking why the fool’s lying on the sofa next to him as they type. It’s always a funny thing to-‘

Oh

He’d cut you off:

Minseok spontaneously had gripped both sides of your face and lunged in, barely taking a single breath before pressing his lips firmly against yours.

Your mouth would’ve dropped had it not been occupied.

Your eyes widened to the size of saucers while your brain just stopped working.

What?

Perhaps it was the lack of sleep, maybe it was the fact that you thought you were in a dream, or maybe even because Minseok’s lips were warm, your brain had momentarily stopped functioning.

And somehow Minseok saw that as a way to sink his lips in deeper. He dropped his right hand and placed it right above your neck, pulling you in closer…

Why-wh-WHAT!?!?!?!

Your heart began to flood with new life, new blood and a new achievement of fast as lightning heartbeats as finally you began to understand what was happening.

WHY??? We were just talking!?

A face, a blurred face flashed in your mind, causing you to take control of your body before Minseok could open his lips with yours-

You pulled back, pushing Minseok in the opposite direction. Your lips separating released a smacking sound as air flooded between your lips.

Minseok had braced himself

He didn’t have time to blush or hold back. It was now or never – if he kissed you, he would be able to see, be able to tell if-

He cut you off, pressing his lips firmly against yours. He let himself breath in, just for a fraction of a second, purely from curiosity of course…

Your scent flooded his brain, clouding it for a moment.

LuhanLuhanLuhan

He had to see, had to know if you would kiss him back.

If you did – he’d prepare himself for what would come after…he’d have to tell Luhan.

But if you didn’t…

He’d riddle himself with guilt afterwards, but to Minseok, Luhan’s feelings, his heart was more important, perhaps even you’d understand…one day.

Minseok leaned in further, tilting his head, feeling the soft melting of your lips. He dropped a hand lower to your cheek; thumb brushing against your cheekbone while he pressed deeper, applying more pressure…testing…seeing if-

-you pushed him away, a jerked noise ripping the air between yours and his lips while you shoved yourself backwards and out of the way, almost banging your head on the opposite wall.  

‘M-Minseok!’ You squealed, turning a deep shade of crimson, slapping your hands over your mouth in dismay.

He played the part well, too well, making it look like an accident; like what he didn’t do wasn’t completely on purpose, as if it was a spur of the moment action because it ‘felt right.’

He definitely wasn’t going to admit to anything else, no butterflies fluttering in his stomach and no changes to his heart rate…

‘S-sorry, I didn’t mean to I just.’ He shrugged, doing his best to look aloof. The reddening of his cheeks didn’t need to be forced.

You kept a safe distance away, evidently believing his words, but not being able to believe what just happened.

‘I-it’s…it’s ok.’ You whispered, keeping your mouth covered for a few more seconds, eyebrows furrowed in panic.

‘No one saw, it’s ok can we just…forget about it?’ Minseok knew it wasn’t a good idea to lean in, so he remained a comfortable distance away, his mind storing the look in your eyes, the panic going on in your brain.

It was all good signs, great signs in fact…

But who popped up in your head at that moment? He could see the shock of kissing him wasn’t the only thing that shook you so badly.

Who was it?

‘Don’t tell Luhan.’ You whispered, acting guilty for a crime Minseok committed.

His lips tightened upon hearing the request.

Minseok nodded in agreement.

Good.

Luhan was already upset with you, you could feel the tension in the air every time he did or didn’t look at you, and something like this – his best friend…and you…you couldn’t bear the thought of him knowing.

And Minseok told Luhan everything, you were sure of it…you just prayed he wouldn’t tell him this.  

But why had…he popped up in your mind at that moment? It was unexpected…it didn’t make sense…he was all the way in-

No.

Why is it always me? You sighed, dropping your head.

You had enough of the drama and secrets.

Is this what your life was to be until you left SM?

‘Sorry, I really am.’ Minseok said it quietly, placing a hand on your shoulder before picking up his towel and standing up, he side-eyed you before closing his eyes and moving to the spin-bike;

‘I guess I’ll get back on this then...’ Minseok let out almost a comical sigh, readying himself to swing a leg over the machine.   

‘W-what?’ You stared at the contraption, unable to meet Minseok’s eye.  

‘I have about…let’s see.’ He picked up his phone and counted something, pointing at the screen while he stuck his tongue out thoughtfully-

‘I have about 5 more miles to do, I think that’ll take me about 3 more hours-’

‘-3 more hours??’ You exclaimed gobsmacked. Minseok hid the snicker inside him very well;

‘Yeah but it’s ok, I can do it, you know-’

‘-NO WAY JOSE.’ You grabbed his hand and pulled him to the door in alarm.

‘You are going straight to bed. Like I said I’ll even work out with you if you need, but there is no way you’re hopping back on that bike now.’ Minseok pouted slightly at you in unknown victory;

‘Oh, really? Are you sure, I could do one more mile-‘

‘-NOPPEEeeeee back to bed.’ You stated, opening the door and pulling you both out of the room, shutting the light behind you.  Kiss or no kiss, this fool wasn’t going to torture himself any longer. You’d forget this, besides, it was an accident. Heck, you’d given people (not naming names) accidental stupid kisses before that basically meant nothing so why couldn’t Minseok…right?

You marched him down the corridor to his room where Luhan slept calmly on the other side of the door, but you stopped your steps from going any further while you spun round to Minseok who quickly threw away his amused grin.

‘Kim Minseok you are perfect.’ You stated, grasping both hands and then realising he had just kissed you a minute ago, so you dropped them.

‘There’s no such thing as perfect.’ Minseok replied almost begrudgingly, you were sure he’d noticed the break in skin contact.

You felt taken aback, remembering Tao. The boy never seemed to think you could do no wrong.

‘You are to me.’ You argued, placing a hand over Minseok’s clenched fist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter