Unexpected II

Living the Dream~ Working with Exo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Guy’s don’t forget we have to go to the office today, apparently there’s some new announcement they want to tell you.’ You said reading through the e-mail on your phone as you pulled your jacket on.

‘Yeeep.’ You heard a few of them shout down the hallway in unison as they got dressed.

‘Ah, the van’s here – come on.’ You ordered as soon as the van driver called.

‘I’m comi- OOF-‘ Chanyeol almost fell on top of himself trying to get out of the dorm room quickly before Baekhyun. He’d stepped on his trouser leg before he could pull them up completely. This boy was not graceful – did he actually understand how tall and gangly he really was?

‘Yah you always try to run out first so you don’t have to turn off the light – aigoo it’s not even hard.’ Baekhyun yelled while Chanyeol met up with you down the hallway, pulling his hoodie over his head before correcting his bangs in the mirror on the wall and shrugging at Baekhyun.

‘Nooope.’ Chanyeol stated before handing him his jacket and exiting the apartment.

‘I hope no one’s in trouble.’ Kyungsoo muttered before pulling his black hoodie up over his head.

‘I don’t think so.’ Junmyeon replied following Kyungsoo out the door.

‘Maybe we’ve got a new song to record.’ Jongin wondered out loud while he slid his sockless-feet into his shoes.

‘I dunno.’ Sehun shrugged following him.

‘Whatever it is, it’s important.’ You ended, turning the lights off behind you.

==============================

It was very surreal seeing girls suddenly take a million photos as soon as the boys got out of the car. They were just debutees and this was the level of attention they were receiving – Those teasers must have gone down wellll you thought. But then again this was the power of SM.

You suddenly got just as excited as the boys, filing into the nearest office room on the left as soon as you entered headquarters. Their lucrative ideas of what the announcement might be made you feel nervous yet curious as to what it would be. Perhaps it was a new song to record, or even a new commercial to shoot – the possibilities were endless.

As soon as everyone was lined up inside – Manager Yuna entered the office and sat down. She wasn’t smiling and she was flicking through papers on a clipboard. Immediately the mood felt tense and everyone stopped smiling.

Then, she breathed out;

 ‘Ok you’re here, I’ll get to it – in terms of scheduling, you’re all going to London tomorrow.’

Your eyes widened.

‘What?’ The boys breathed with an air of excitement.

‘A Kcon-type event is occurring in London so Exo-K will be going to London and Miss ______, you will be the official translator for the boys. You and Manager Kim will be escorting them. You’ll stay for two days and one night.’

‘Understood.’ You confirmed, feeling your face light up at the same time as the boys.

How unexpected -

Home.

You got to go home.

Even if it was for hardly any time – it was a free trip back to the UK!

‘So that means you’ll all be going back to the salons and touching up in the morning before you go. It’s a very quick thing so hopefully no fans will be gathered at the airport.’

‘Ok yes understood.’ You nodded at the same time as the boys, quickly jotting down these notes so you remembered.

‘I’ll send you an e-mail with the instructions.’ Manager Yuna said nodding in your direction. You nodded back.

Well that was it, the boys looked all happy and you were ready to go back to the dorms and jitter about it.

‘Also before you leave, an article online was released regarding you Sehun.’

Everyone looked confused – the meeting hadn’t ended.

‘Me?’ Sehun asked confused. The others watched him silently and far too solemnly – what was the big deal?

‘It said you were smoking.’

You almost laughed out loud.

It was such a silly rumour, and so irrelevant. So what? Why was this being brought up?

You looked at the others to see if they were laughing – no one was.

Your heart sank.

Manager Yuna lifted her phone in front of Sehun’s face, showing a screenshot of the website article.

‘Wha- I’m sorry but it’s not true Sunbaenim-‘ Sehun tried to reply, his voice had decreased in volume by several notches.  

‘-Does it look like I care if it’s true or not? What I do care about is how this rumour started. The fact that it was even able to emerge boils my blood.’ She retorted, shaking her head slowly.

Sehun gulped hard and his lips sternly, his lips pressed into a thin line while he looked down at his feet.

The others stood still, fists clenched.

Manager Yuna continued to speak after taking a deep breath;

‘You aren’t children. And you shouldn’t be treated like children, you boys know better. Now look what you’ve done.’

‘But there aren’t any pictures.’ Sehun mumbled, bowing humbly.

‘It doesn’t matter, do you think girls – customers care about proof? Do you know how much money has to be spent covering up your stupidity?’

She began to roll her sleeves up. You didn’t understand it for a moment, but the boys’ reactions made you understand…because it hit you - they’d experienced this before.

How many times had this happened!?

The look on their faces showed it was more than enough times to understand the drill.

You couldn’t help but stand in utter shock, staring at Manager Yuna in absolute disbelief, it was as if everything had turned to slow-motion.

This was mental.
How on earth was this company allowed to hit - hit their employees!?
"Come here." Manager Yuna ordered. You could see Sehun gulp hard, his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down his long neck.
You knew she was going to smack him right around the face hard. The others looked just as worried as you.

Sehun began to take a step forward –

You pushed him back with a protective arm.

Sehun flashed his eyes at you in confusion, eyebrows beginning to raise.

It was as if you had gone into autopilot,

The words left your mouth before you could think:
"It's my fault."
"What?" Manager Yuna looked, startled at your interjection.
"Th-They were my cigarettes. I smoked and probably left them out so obviously people got the wrong idea. Blame me and do-"
Before you could say another word. The whole room filled with the sound of a thunder clap as her hand smacked right across your face unbearably hard. 
It knocked the air out of you, a mere whimper escaped your lips before you could process the action.
You could barely hear or see from the shock and sting, your eyes immediately stung and welled up but you held it in, refusing to cry…even if it left you speechless. Your head lowered immediately.

However in your blurred state, you could’ve sworn you saw Chanyeol push Baekhyun’s arm down.
Sehun stood with an open mouth in absolute shock, and so did the others.
"If this ever happens again, you’re fired.’’  She stated, breathing heavily while she pushed the bangs behind her ears.

‘Now leave.’

You nodded politely and turned around, Sehun refused to look at you, staring at manager Yuna;

‘Seonb-‘ You grabbed Sehun as fast as you could and led him out the room with the others.

‘Why-‘ You shook your head violently at Sehun when the door shut behind you all. You remained quiet while he stared at you, all the boys stared at you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter