Being Jinki-OnTae

Equal

In which Jinki tries to change himself.

________________________________________________________

Jinki walked down the hall grinning, he was also pretty nervous at what he was about to do. The plan kept replaying in his mind, Pick Taemin up, stall Taemin, take Taemin to the lake, confess. Jinki started going over what Taemin's reactions could be, most were NOT good. Taemin's voice interrupted Jinki's thoughts, "Yeah I hate people like that.", Jinki continued listening to the conversation. "Really? How would you describe them?" " You know, people with weird obbsessions on little things, those who trip over nothing, people who are too friendly, things like that." Jinki swore he could feel needles poking their way into his body. He could feel a stake piercing his heart leaving splinters.

--

" Hey, hyung dinners ready!", Kibum called  from the kitchen. " It's ok! I'm not eating tonight!", Jinki shouted from his room. Kibum and Jonghyun glanced at eachother, "Uhm he knows it's chicken right?", Jonghyun asked wearily. Kibum hit his head,"IDIOT. Of course he knows it's chicken. He always keeps tabs." Jonghyun rubbed his head and rested his chin in his hand," I mau be an idiot but you still love me~",Jonghyun wiggled his eyebrows. Kibum let out an exasperated sigh,"Hyung!It's chicken!" There was a silence until Jinki's voice peirced the silence," Nah, not hungry!",Jinki mustered up all his will power to say the simple sentence and was exhausted. Jinki layed down to sleep and peacfully dreamed about chicken(mostly). 

Taemin walked into the kitchen to find Jinki nowhere to be found. Which was odd, as it was chicken night and Jinki was always at the table on chicken night. "Where's Onew-hyung?",Taemin asked unhappily. "Ehr...He's not hungry.", Taemin blinked at the three older men, his mind grabbing the thought. Taemin's mind finally processed the thought and he burst into laughter. This time it was Kibum, Jonghyun, and Minho's turn to blink. Taemin glanced back at his hyungs raising an eyebrow,"Wait--you aren't kidding?"

--

Jinki narrowed his eyes as he walked. He focused on each step he took. Jinki could hear Kibum's nagging next to him. Call him weird, he liked the sound of everything. In Kibum's case he loved to fall asleep to the sound of his nagging. Just as he was about to dose off he remembered Taemin's words and narrowed his eyes. He stood up, "Shut up, Kibum.", everyone once again stared at the changing leader.

Jinki often left the dorm saying he was 'going to buy groceries' but ended up coming home empty handed. Taemin watched Jinki and all his changes. Taemin didn't like the new leader. The distant, unhappy ,boring new leader. Taemin wanted his old hyung back. The kind, clumsy, dorky leader. He wanted him back. This new person was not the one Taemin had fallen for. One night Taemin decided to follow Jinki to the 'Grocery Store' hoping to find the cause to this new Jinki.

--

Taemin watched as Jinki sadly skipped rocks into the pond. "H-hyung?", Taemin called out to the man who looked up at the voice."Taemin?",the name was simple and good but Taemin felt the word jabb him. "Hyung..Why won't you tell us what's wrong?" ,Taemin blinked back the vapor in his eyes. Jinki ran his fingers through his hairabsentmindedly making Taemin want him . " Taemin. I love you.",Taemin was puzzled. "Huh?",did Taemin hear him right?. Jinki looked up at the sky,"Gahh.It felt good to let that out." Taemin stared at his hyung, "What hyung?" Jinki glanced at Taemin and repeated himself. Taemin absorbed the information,"I-", Jinki held out his hand. "Don't say it. I overheard you.", Taemin traced his steps of his memories and finally remembered when he was trying to fit in. "Hyung! I-I love you to!" Taemin said it clear as day. Taemin walked closer to Jinki,"Hyung, I was just trying to fit in and not get bullied again." Jinkiglanced up at Taemin who suddenly pulled him into a hug. "I love you. I love you being Jinki. Taemin crashed into Jinki's lips.

--

Trying to be a good author...; n ; Guess what else Dubu was dreaming about><

-YourNeighborhoodTimelord