Chapter 03

Don't Go

 

Chapter Three: 'I Prefer Chinese Women'

 

           The next morning Luhan woke up to the annoying beeping of his alarm. He groaned loudly, one arm was drapped over his face to cover his eyes and block out the rays of sun since he forgot to shut the curtains the previous night. With his other hand he felt around the bedside table for his phone. He was unsuccesful in finding his phone but exceeded in knocking over the books, a water bottle along with his still ringing phone.

           "You've got to be kidding me" he mumbled and threw his legs over the side of the bed. He sat there for a moment just blinking and letting himself wake up, before doing anything. He looked at the ground where his cell phone was still vibrating and ringing. He sighed and picked everything up putting them back where they originally were, then finally turned off his alarm. 

           "Seriously I thought I would be done with school a long time ago" he mumbled to himself and stood up. He froze and slowly looked down, "Wasn't I wearing sweats before I went to bed?" he asked looking down at his blue boxers. He scratched his head and then shook it, "Whatever! Whatever! I have to get ready" he said and headed to the bathroom.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

            Seyi woke up a minute before her alarm went off as usual, she was good about beating the alarm. She sat at the edge of her bed doing simple stretches to wake her tired body. Her phone that was resting on the bed side table started buzzing and she quickly picked it up.

           "Oh, Minyeo, what's up?" Seyi asked. "Stupid its Wednesday, its my day to buy the coffee, what do you want?" Minyeo asked. Seyi groaned and stood up walking to her wardrobe. "Um...hm, dont get me coffee today, can you get me a strawberry bubble tea with extra pearls, can you also get me some banana bread please?" Seyi asked.

           "Bubble tea?" Minyeo asked confused. "Are you turning into Sehun?" she asked and the two girls laughed. Seyi pulled out her school uniform and layed it on her bed, "Are you with Sehun now?" Seyi asked. "Mmm no, I'm with the Baekyeol dorks right now" Minyeo chuckled and Seyi could hear two whinny cries in the background. "Okay you'll have no trouble carrying 12 things of bubble tea then" Seyi chuckled.

           "We also have Chanyeol car so TO BE YOU!! you get to walk today!" Minyeo teased. "I was just making sure you didnt need Suho oppa to pick you up. He's picking Kai and I up" Seyi snickered. "That F***ing traitor" Minyeo mumbled. "Minyeo-ah i need to get ready" Seyi told her, "See you at school! Don't forget my extra pearls and banana bread!" Seyi added.

           "Don't forget the ten dollars you're going to owe me!" Minyeo shouted back and hung up.

           Seyi sighed and grabbed her uniform she quickly changed. She went to the bathroom and washed her face, brushed her teeth and lastly fixed her hair nicely. She went back to her room and grabbed her bag, phone, and the books that wouldn't fit in her bag. She walked back to the living room and left her things near the door. She stood in front of the full length body mirror and checked herself to make sure everything was okay.

           "Uniform: Pass" She said smoothing it down a bit:

           "Hair: Pass" She said with a smile:

           There was a loud knock at her door and she quickly shouted a "Give me a sec!". She slipped on her shoes and grabbed her books and bag. She opened the door and smiled at Kai. "Morning" he gave her a warm smile and took her bag from her so she could lock up her apartment. "How'd you sleep?" he asked taking her hand in his and interwining their fingeres.

           "Good, it feels weird without Kris oppa though" she mumbled. "My grandma said it was fine for you to stay with us until he gets back if you really don't feel safe" Kai smiled.

           She smiled back, happy that her boyfriend was caring enough to offer her a place to stay until her brother came back, but like every other time he offered she declined.  "I don't want to intrude. Plus I'm not sure when he'll be back" she said apologeticlly.

           "Fine then, you wont mind if I'm over more often right?" He asked with a playful smirk. She scrunched up her nose in disgust and punched his arm softly. "What?! I meant to watch movies!! What are you thinking? huh ert?" He gasped. 

           "YAH!! HURRY UP IM GETTING BORED JUST SITTING HERE!!!" Chen screamed from Suho's car. Suho was scolding Chen trying to pull him back into the car but Chen was putting up a fight and leaning halfway out the window. "HURRY UP!!" he screamed at the couple. "Stop and sit down!! you're causing a scene!!" Suho scolded yanking on Chens pants, wanting him to sit back down.

           Kai and Seyi laughed at the annoyed Chen and hurried over to the car. "Sorry to keep you guys waiting" Seyi apologized. "Isn't it to early to be having-" Suho quickly clamped a hand over Chen's mouth. "Shut up or ill skin you alive!!" Suho growled. "My children would never do that in the morning!" Suho snapped.

           "Oh but they'll do it before we even get to lunch during the summer!!" Chen grumbled annoyed from the wait. "For you're information that was Minyeo and Lay!" Kai pipped up from the back seat. "Yah!! Don't bring me into this!!" Lay cried looking over Seyi and glaring at Kai. 

           "Lets just get to school! Lets just get to school without killing anyone!" Suho said loudly to himself and started the car. Chen turned the radio up and was singing along to Girls Generation. Seyi turned to Lay and the two started going over his notes for English that she missed, Kai just sat there watching the two with a smile on his face. He never got jealous when Seyi talked more with his friends than with him because he wasn't worried about her falling for any of them. The two had been together for 1 year and 2 months, Kai confessed and asked her to be his girlfriend around christmas time a year ago. They had been together for a long time, and although they had their fights, none were ever related to cheating or flirting with other guys.

           Not to mention Lay and Minyeo both liked one another, Lay was just to shy to over ask her to be his girlfriend. They act like a couple though, they hug, hold hands, kiss, they even slept together, but Lay still wont ask her to be his girlfriend. 

           Kai looked at the two and chuckled before looking away. Seyi heard it thought and looked up at him. "What?" She asked. He looked down at her quickly and smiled while shaking his head, "Nothing" he smiled. "No~ what? why'd you chuckle?" she asked. "Am i not allowed to chuckle?" he teased.

           "Kai~" she whinned. He smiled and leaned down to peck her forehead, "Because you're really cute" he told her and looked at how her cheeks started to turn pink, it made him chuckle again. "Stop before i puke!!" Lay pretended to gag. "Im here too! its still early in the morning!" Lay said and turned away.

           "You're one to talk, right?" Kai asked. "YAH! No! don't even start with me!" Lay shouted. Kai laughed and shook his head. All summer Minyeo and Lay had been doing "It" while the group of friends were on vacation. One time Kai just had to wake up and find them doing "It", the thing is it was only 6:30 in the morning.

           When they got to school Lay and Suho left to their class since they were already 3rd years. Chen, Kai, and Seyi were still only 2nd years. Kai escorted Seyi to her locker and helped her hold everything. "I forgot to ask, did you see the moon last night? It was a full moon last night" Kai asked her as she shut her locker and took hold of her books while he carried the heavier ones as well as his own books. 

           "I did see it but I didn't stay at the warehouse long, i guess there was this gang chasing some boy around-"

           "Gang?!" Kai said a bit to loudly. "Ssh!" she shushed him. "I didnt get hurt, i barely even saw the-" Seyi stopped as she remembered the weird blonde haired boy that pulled her into the shadows as the gang passed by, if not for that weird blonde boy she probably would have been attacked.

           "Seyi, did something happen!?" Kai asked a bit angry. "Well....Before they could see me this weird blonde boy pulled me into a hiding spot, the same boy they had been chasing" Seyi admited. "He didnt do anything to you right?" Kai asked trying to look around her and check if she was hurt anywhere. "No! If not for that guy, i probably would have been hurt though" she gave him a reassuring smile.

           He sighed in relief and nodded for her to walk into the classroom first. "Come on" he said. 

           The classroom was loud and students were everywhere throwing paper balls or plans, sitting on their desk, chatting loudly, or playing music of the bands they liked. Sitting at the back was Minyeo with Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol, D.O,, and Chen. Minyeo waved Seyi and Kai over. 

           "Finally you two are here!" she beamed. "You're welcome i saved you're drinks from these two!" Mineyo chuckled looking over at Chanyeol and Sehun. Seyi smiled and thanked her friend while taking the drink and bread. Kai dropped Seyi's things on her desk and walked over to join the group. Sadly Seyi as well as Kai's best friend D.O. were the only two placed towards the front, directly in the middle. Since both were smart and good kids the teacher wanted them to focus more, where as Minyeo, Sehun, Tao, Chanyeol, Chen, and Kai all sat in the second to last and last row.

           "Oh! Did you guys understand the homework last night?" Sehun asked pointing to his notebook. "Like this" Kai said taking Sehun's pencil and working it out for him. Seyi who was sitting atop one of the desk watched Kai help Sehun and smiled a bit. "Hey Seyi, we get it, you're boyfriend looks hot solving the problem but do you have to stare that long?" D.O. teased.

           "You're one to talk! I just hope you know i ship Kaisoo" she bumped D.O.'s shoulder with her own while they laughed at her joke. "I dont ship Kaisoo! I ship Sekai!!" Kai complained looking back at the two. "Shouldn't it be Kaiyi?" Chanyeol asked. "No its Sekai" Seyi said quickly making everyone laugh, "She wears the pants in the relationship" Kai joked, leaving Sehun and wrapping an arm around her waist while nuzzling his face in the crook of her neck.

           "You're hair tickles!" she complained playing with his hair. "Good!!" he yelled and rubbed his head against her neck even more, like a dog.

           The door slid open with a bang and all the students looked up to see the teacher walk in. They quickly stopped goofing around and ran to their seats. Just as everyone quieted down someone walked out from behind the teacher. "Class we have a new transfer student, hes from overseas so lets treat him well" the teacher said. "Neh~!" the class chorused.

           Seyi wasn't really paying attention until the teacher called her name, her head shot up and she saw the teacher point to Seyi, "Luhan, you can sit next to Han Seyi" the teacher said. Luhan looked around and his eyes landed on the only empty seat next to Seyi. As he walked closer his eyes widened seeing just who Han Seyi was. 

           Seyi narrowed her eyes not totally sure if she was looking at the right person or not, No way...he's not the same guy from last night right? She asked herself. She noticed how innocent his features really were, a cute baby face but charismic aura thanks to his walk and poker face, He looked cool in his school uniform, not dressy like the nerdy kids but not bad boy like the hoolagins, his shirt was ed but he wore the school blazer over which gave him a bit more class.

           Luhan cleared his throat and dropped his bag next to the desk then sat down. He pulled out a notebook to start taking notes and was writting like a good student but he felt someone staring at him. He nervously glanced up to see Seyi staring at him while she pretended to write notes. "Hi" Luhan said softly so they wouldnt get in trouble for talking. Seyi nodded as if also saying 'Hi' she cleared and held out hand, "My names Han Seyi" she said waiting for him to shake her hand. "Hi, my names Luhan, Xi Luhan" he shook her hand.

           "Where are you from?" she asked still staring at him with the same quizzical stare she had for the past 25 minutes. "Im from China, I prefer chinese women" he said and smirked a bit because he told her the same thing last night. She scrunched up her nose and rolled her eyes, but at the same time his tone and smooth voice made her more curious and intrieged by this boy. "And i have a boyfriend" she said giving him a victorious smirk. "You speak mandarin?" he asked.

           "No, my brother does, i only know a few things" she admited. "Get back to you're notes" she said and looked down at her notebook to finish her notes. "I would have been done by now if you hadn't been staring holes into my head for the past 30 minutes" Luhan mumbled softly.