Chapter 01

Don't Go

Anything in this color throughout the story means its in mandarin:         


 

Chapter One: The Promise

 

           Luhan walked down the corridor silently, the only sound came from his shoes scuffing the cement. He looked up to see Kris walking his way as well. Unlike Luhan Kris had a faint smile on his face, where as Luhan maintained his poker face, and cool look with hands in his pockets and graceful walk.

            “Why are you in China?” Luhan asked stopping in his tracks leaving the rest of the distance to be closed by Kris, who was still walking. Luhan eyed Kris up and down, but kept the straight face. “Hm?” Luhan asked again.

            Kris chuckled and stopped, now only 2 feet away from Luhan. The smile tugged at Kris’ lips and he couldn’t seem to keep it down but then again Luhan took notice of the worry in Kris’ face. Kris nodded his head towards Luhans right shoulder. Luhan scoffed and stuck his tongue out with annoyance, He yanked down his blazer and ed his shirt just enough to let the sleeves fall down to his waist, He turned his back to Kris showing him the tattoo that just barely made itself visible from under Luhans white wife beater. Kris placed a cold hand on Luhans back and slid the wife beater aside, causing his hand to slide across the tattoo. The contact between the raw flesh and Kris’ hand made Luhan hiss in pain. So it finally appeared?” Kris asked.

        "2 months ago" Luhan said with a frown, "Why me of all people?" he asked. "You know why, so don't ask me" Kris said removing his hand and smoothing the tank top back down. Luhan sighed dramatically and turned back around to face Kris. He shrugged his shoulders up and pulled the shirt back over him to button it up, then slipped his arms through the sleeves of his blazer. "At least I have you to help me"Luhan sighed.

          “That’s…Kind of why I asked you to meet me” Kris said. “I’ll be leaving for Canada” Kris said shortly. Luhan was beyond angry by Kris’ sudden announcement but kept it in and controlled his poker face. “Why?” he asked.

          “For Seyi’s safety I need to stay in Canada for a while. They don’t know about her right now which is good, I just need to leave and take care of them before they find out about her” Kris said. “What do you mean They? Are you being attacked?” Luhan asked.

          “Not just me” Kris said clearing his throat “They’re going after all of us, even the ones that haven’t realized what they are yet” Kris said. “My sister goes to school with at least 10 other boys that are suspected to be wolves that haven't realized it, on top of that Seyi lives with my scent all over her, it’ll make it easier for hunters or other werewolves to find her, and when they do they wont hesitate to kill her” Kris said.

          “That doesn’t make sense! Just because she has you’re scent? They should know just by looking at her that shes human!” Luhan said.

          “Luhan” Kris gave a hard stare to Luhan. “Seyi doesn’t know im leaving yet she doesn’t even know im in China right now, shes still in school at the moment. I…need you to go to Seoul and take care of her, please just promise me you’ll take care of my sister” Kris said. “I don’t even know who she is! Why should I?” Luhan asked looking disgusted.

          “Luhan!! I trust you! Please!!” Kris begged. Luhan thought for a second and looked at Kris’ worried face. It reminded Luhan of the time Kris saved him.

Flashback

          “Luhan!!!” Kris’ familiar cries broke out. Luhan looked around trying to find his friend in the darkness but the pain created in his gut brought him back to what was in front of him. Luhan was pushed to the ground, he turned his head to the side only to see a foot being swung and connecting with his stomach. Luhan gasped and yelped while rolling on his side, one hand clutching where he had been kicked. He tried standing but another leg was swung and kicked Luhan square in the jaw knocking him over once again. Luhan tried holding himself up but ended up collapsing again as fits of cough's began to take over, blood that had collected in his mouth splattered onto the ground.

          “You little ! This should teach you to mess with us!” He heard a crazed voice say. Suddenly he was yanked up by his hair and forced to see the man in front of him holding a long and very sharp knife pointed straight at him. “I swear I did nothing!!” Luhan cried coughing up more blood. “LIAR!!” the man shouted and ran straight for Luhan jabbing the knife deeply into Luhans abdomen.

          Luhan let out a strangled gasp, and he was to scared to look down. “ah-ugh” Luhan began making weird gurgling noises and blood was forced up through his mouth, he spat it out all over the man. “a-ah” Luhan was panting then let out a final scream as the man twisted the knife then roughly yanked it out. The men that were holding Luhan quickly dropped him and ran away scared of the man that hurt the young boy. Luhan still feared to look at the blood that seeped through his clothing. He fell to his knees first before falling over onto his side.

          “LUHAN!!!” Kris shouted. He saw men running from the alleyway and he knew that’s where Luhan had to be. Kris ran as fast as he could and stopped in front of the entrance to the ally. There lay Luhan’s gagging body, curled up on the ground with a pool of blood forming beneath him.

          “LUHAN!!” Kris cried with tears in his eyes. He ran over to Luhan and lifted him up into his arms, earning a soft groan of pain. Kris’ eyes were wide as he scanned over Luhans features. His face was bruised and busted, his shirt dirtied and torn, and then through the white clean shirt with blood soaking through and dripping onto the ground. “Hold on okay?” Kris said with a shaky voice. “Im going to get you help okay? Just hold on for a bit!” Kris said his tears starting to fall.

          “Kris…ah!” Luhan groaned when Kris tried to move them. “it really hurts!” Luhan started to cry. “Don’t worry. You’ll be fine soon!” Kris said and stood up despite Luhans cries of pain. Looking around Kris saw no one around him. He bent his knees a bit before pushing up off the ground and shooting into the air. He flew to the nearest hospital and was lucky no one was around to see him land on the ground. He ran into the hospital screaming for help. Nurses freaked out seeing Luhan’s limp and beaten body, then at Kris who was screaming for someone to save Luhan.

          Luhan was placed on a hospital bed and rushed away. Kris ran following right behind them. “Sorry sir you cant follow any further” a man stopped Kris. Kris looked pissed but slumped down into a chair near the room. He kept staring at the bright sign above the doors that said “Surgery” signaling there was a surgery taking place behind those doors.

          After a few hours the doors opened and the doctor walked out and over to Kris who had fallen asleep. He tapped Kris’ shoulder which woke him up immediately. “You came in with that boy right?” the man asked. Kris nodded looking worried. “Is he okay?!-” the doctor held out a hand then shook his head.

          “Whats you’re relation with him?” the doctor asked. “Were close friends” Kris said. “Since he doesn’t have any relatives he lives with me as well” Kris said. “His names Luhan, Xi Luhan” Kris added.

          “Im really sorry but we tried really hard” The doctor apologized. “Right now…we managed to do best we could but some of his important organs were damaged, he lost to much blood. We tried really hard but I can’t say hes going to make it. If you want to see him one last time, they took him to xxx room, you  can visit him as long as you like” the doctor said apologetically.

          Kris’ legs gave out and he fell to the ground, luckily the doctor was strong and caught him before he actually hit the ground. “Come on sit for a bit then visit him” the doctor urged but Kris gently shoved him aside then ran to find Luhans room.

          When he got there he softly pushed the door open and stepped in, then shut the door behind him. He gulped looking at the lifeless boy on the bed in front of him. He checked the monitor to see it beeping at a slow pace. “Oh my god Luhan” Kris cried running over and looking at his friend. “Im sorry! Im sorry! Im so sorry!!” Kris started crying looking at him.

          “No! Xi Luhan you cant die! Okay?! You cant!” Kris cried. He suddenly stopped an idea coming to mind. His face grew dark as he thought over the threats. “Luhan, please don’t hate me after” Kris begged  lifting Luhans arm and bringing it to his lips. Kris’ teeth grazed over Luhans soft skin, suddenly his teeth and nails became longer and sharper. Kris clamped his teeth down into Luhans skin piercing and biting him hard.

          “A bite from an Alpha werewolf, turns you into a werewolf” Kris recited what he had learned as a child, he pulled away from Luhan with sorry eyes. Kris fell back into a chair then fell asleep.

          He was awoken to a piercing scream. He quickly turned to see Luhan’s body writhing on the bed in pain, and screams coming from Luhans lips. Doctors rushed into the room trying to calm Luhan who was still passed out, it confused them, why was a practically dead boy spazzing out in a bed, and still knocked out.

          Kris looked so apologetic as they pushed him out of the room. He saw the same doctor run into the room, and after another hour Luhans screams faded. The doctor came out of the room and approached Kris. “That friend of you’res….hes something else” the doctor glared. “First hes on the brink of death, now even his organs are repairing themselves!” the doctor said.

          “It’s a good thing right?” Kris asked.

          “Its not normal” the doctor said. “Really?” Kris asked innocently, “I know what you are, I saw the bite mark on his arm” the doctor said. “You know what I am?” Kris asked again, innocently.

          “Don’t play dumb with me wolf boy” the doctor said shocking Kris. “What are you talking about-” The doctor quickly grabbed Kris’ shoulder and yanked down Kris’ hoodie, since Kris was only wearing a wife beater underneath his tattoo was out there for everyone to see. “Only werewolves have tattoos like that” the doctor said.

          Kris pretended to seem shocked, but realizing there was no point his innocent expression turned into a glare. “wrong” Kris said. “Only pack leaders have tattoos like these” Kris said. “Who do you think you’re messing with?” Kris flung his hand off his shoulder. “Yeah, I changed Luhan, what are you going to do about it? He’s my best friend you think im going to let him die?” Kris glared.

          The doctor looked somewhat sympathetic. “Because you’re Wufan ill let it slide this once” the doctor said. “You know me?” Kris asked. “Although hunters don’t like werewolves, I know you don’t go around hurting others, ill let it off, be grateful if the hunters society finds out I did this they’ll kill me then go after you, your family, and that boy” the doctor said.

          “Thanks, Once they leave the room, ill take Luhan and leave” Kris said. The doctor nodded and walked away.

End Of Flashback

          Luhan looked at the desperate Kris. “Because I owe you ill do this for you” Luhan said looking sympathetic. Kris smiled. I knew you would say that, that’s why I already enrolled you in school, and got you a place to stay. It’s the same school as my sister, and the apartment isn't too far from ours as well” Kris smiled. Luhan rolled his eyes. “here” Kris handed Luhan a small bag, “house key, plane ticket, directions” Kris said then looked down at his watch. “don’t worry, ill keep in touch, if you need help just call” Kris said.

          “Seyi cant know about werewolves its rules. I don’t know how hard it will be but you need to make sure Seyi never finds out about us or the boys” Kris said. “What if she does find out?” Luhan asked. “Its not like the council can tell when we've told a human right?” he asked.

          “Other werewolves will be able to tell if she knows by her behavior. There is another pack in Seoul, They probably know about these new boys and that im supposed to be the pack leader, you know im not liked amongst other packs so they’ll be confused if they see you as the leader, if anything we know you’re stronger than them so it wont be much of an issue if they try to fight you, but if they know Seyi knows they’ll likely use it against you, or tell the council” Kris said.

          Luhan simply nodded. Luhan those kids at the school, they’re you’re pack” Kris said. “they’re not even wolves yet” Luhan chuckled, Kris patted Luhans shoulder right on the tattoo, “you’re a pack leader now” Kris said with a smile then started to walk away.

          “How do I know who the kids are??” Luhan asked. “Trust me, you’ll know, you’ll feel it, and so will they” Kris said glancing back then smiled “Keep them safe” Kris said and left Luhan there to think about everything. 

          On the plane Luhan held the bag tightly in his grip. He was nervous, Luhan had always relied on Kris for everything, now Kris was relying on Luhan to take care of his pack- No Luhans pack now, and his little sister. Luhan kept questioning himself ‘what if I cant do it? What if Im not ready to be a pack leader-what am I saying?! Im not ready for it! I don’t want to be a pack leader! I hardly know much about being a werewolf myself! How am I supposed to keep Seyi from finding out if im going to be around?! he started nodding coming up with his own plans. ‘Ill just stay away from her and watch her from a distance….but doesn’t that make me a stalker? he asked himself.

          “Can you stop moving your head!” the old lady next to Luhan shouted. Luhans eyes popped open and he noticed that the people sitting across and even in front of him had turned to watch him. Luhans face turned pink and he quickly apologized, he put his earphones in and scooted closer to the window, then closed his eyes to fall asleep.

 


A/N: I know thats probably confusing because it doesnt really explain anything about werewolves, but it'll all be revealed and explained later on in the story, if you have any specific questions in case i dont answer them, or you just really don't get it and want to know now, leave a comment and ill tell you^^

This was kind of a short chapter and not a lot happened yet so im sorry if its boring, to be honest the first few chapters might be a bit boring.