Chapter 07

Don't Go

Chapter Seven: "I Don't Hate You"

   

        Hyung I bet you’ll never guess who I met today” Luhan spoke to Kris over the phone, he had just gotten home after taking Minseok home and was in the process of making instant noodles. “Im going to guess you met my sister right?” Kris asked. “Woah~ you guessed right on the first try!” Luhan gasped.  “Luhan….How many people do you even know in Korea?” Kris asked.

        “oh…Shut up!” Luhan snapped. “How do you like Korea then?” Kris asked. “Its different” Luhan mumbled running his fingers over the smooth granite counter in the kitchen. “Pretty different but not un-enjoyable” he shrugged. “Did anyone mess with you?” Kris asked, his big brother senses were kicking in. “Just some stupid high school kids” Luhan shrugged.

        “So how did you know it was her?” Kris asked. “She has the same face as you” Luhan said quickly and loudly. “Excuse me?!?!” Kris snapped. “I said she was good looking like you” Luhan quickly changed his words

        “What about you’re pack have you met them yet?” Kris asked. “Not yet, but I think I found one of them” Luhan nodded. “That’s good, just remember that if they’re 19 already they probably only have a few more months or so left” Kris said.  

        “You guys are so complicated. There are at least 400 3rd years in the school that should be turning 20 in a few months!” Luhan groaned.

        “Obviously hurry up and find them, All you need to do is get close with them, say hey lets go on a vacation maybe 2 or 3 days ahead and take him somewhere remote. You should find a meat locker to lock him in as well, that would be really good since its hard to get out and since its cool it’ll help him a lot” Kris said.

        “Hey is it possible for a girl to be a werewolf?” Luhan suddenly asked curiously opening his fridge and frowning seeing as there was no food in there other than some bottles of water, and an apple, the freezer was no better there was one frozen pizza inside. He shrugged and pulled it out. “Luhan” Kris groaned. “Seyi is NOT a werewolf!” Kris snapped.

        “Oh shes not a werewolf whats a kinder word for demon?” Luhan snickered pressing the phone between his shoulder and cheek so he could use two hands to open the cardboard box. “Xi Luhan~!!!” Kris shouted. “Seriously! The first day I met her i-” Luhan was about to talk about the gangster guys but wasn’t sure if he should, “All I did was try and be nice to her she just kept glaring at me, shes even my desk partner in class” Luhan scoffed.

        “Really? That’s weird I mean shes quiet and kind of rude in general, but she wont dislike a person unless they’ve given her a reason otherwise” Kris mumbled

        “Either way she annoys me!!” Luhan snapped ripping off the plastic wrap and sliding the pizza inside the oven. “Her boyfriend and I get along better!” Luhan scoffed. “Boyfriend?!” Kris suddenly shouted. “Yeah some guy named Kim Jong In but everyone calls him Kai for some reason” Luhan said. “S-she never told me she had a boyfriend” Kris whimpered. “Of course she wouldn’t you’re to over protective man, its not cool. Even I wouldn’t tell you if I was you’re younger sister” Luhan laughed.

        “Ill come to Korea and kick you’re ! Kris yelled over the line. “Sure you would, sure you would” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Hey, when are you going to be back?” Luhan asked. “And what are you even supposed to do about the alliance?” Luhan asked.

        “I’ll come back when they’re taken care of. I still don’t know what to do, I talked with the council-

        “What?!” Luhan snapped. “I talked with the council-

        “When?!” Luhan yelled. “We a week before I left-

        “Why?!” Luhan yelled again. “SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK!!!” Kris screamed. “I talked with the council a week before I left, it was their decision for me to leave. They said it would be safer if I went somewhere where the alliance is less inhabitant, hence going to Canada. The Council are trying their best to take care of the alliance, and until then I can’t come back” Kris said.

        “Why are you so important to the council again?” Luhan asked peeking inside the oven at his pizza. “Because Im supposed to be a part of it when I come back. If I took the responsibility of the pack then I wouldn’t have to join them, but since I left you in charge of them I have to join the council. Its mandatory for Alphas to serve on the council for five years” Kris said.

        “You’re whole world is too confusing” Luhan rolled his eyes “You know, I really don’t want to be a part of this anymore~” he groaned. It was silent for a little bit but Kris spoke in a soft voice. “Sorry

        “Look I have to go, its late here, ill talk to you another time okay?” Luhan said. “Keep in touch, bye” Kris said and hung up. Luhan ended the call and looked towards the oven his pizza wasn’t done yet but Luhan was seriously starving. He sighed again and turned the oven off, he walked to the front door grabbing his sweater and slipping on his shoes.

        Luhan headed down the street to the convenience store. He bought some ramen and waited for it to be fully cooked before sitting down at the counter against the windows that gave you a view of the street.

        While he was slowly eating someone set their own food and drink down next to him. He heard the screeching of the stools being dragged out across the ground, when he looked up to see who it was to have wanted to sit next to him he saw that it was none other than Han Seyi herself.

        He slurped up the noodles that were hanging from his mouth and stared at her sort of confused. “Am I not allowed to sit next to you?” She asked splitting  her chopsticks, she still hadn't looked at him. “I guess its fine” Luhan shrugged and went back to eating his ramen. He noticed how slowly Seyi was when blowing on her noodles and how she did it by tilting her head to the side and blowing on the side of the noodles starting down then moving up. Seyi put them in and began chewing.

        “You…Why are you here?” Luhan asked her. “Why do you keep staring at me? It’s creepy and I have a boyfriend” Seyi frowned. Luhan scoffed loudly. “Heol~ how many times do I have to tell you I prefer Chinese women?” he asked obnoxiously.

        “I don’t hate you, if that’s what you think” Seyi told him. “I don’t even know you so theres really no reason to hate you” she shrugged. “Then whats with the face and attitude?” Luhan piped up. “ face?” Seyi sneered. “Excuse me?! I was trying to be nice just now and you’re calling me a !?” she snapped.

        “No. Not you’re a . You just have a face. and face, two totally different things” Luhan said as a matter a fact and shook his head.

        “Heol~” Seyi scoffed, “The nerve of this guy” she mumbled to herself. “As I was saying, I don’t hate you, although im starting to question that now. I just don’t like you, you’re a gangster aren’t you?” she asked him.

        “Even if I was what makes you think I would tell you? Hm? I don’t even know you, and you have such a horrible attitude with me, you’ve haven't even thanked me for saving you that night” Luhan pointed out.

        “Should I say thank you? All you did was pull me into a shadowed area” she said. “If not for me we don’t know what would have happened to you” Luhan said emotionless.

        “You know…I’ve only known you for 24 hours yet you’ve managed to come off as totally annoying” Seyi glared. Luhan took a big gulp of the soda he had bought and gasped as the fizz tingled going down his throat, He look at the can then set it down loudly, “Don’t worry ” He said looking down at her, “The feelings are mutual” he smirked and stood up tossing his garbage in the trash as he left. A few minutes later he heard foot steps behind him. He stopped and waited for Seyi to catch up with him, “I already told you I prefer chinese women, and you have a boyfriend as well” he taunted her.

        “You thought I was following you? I don’t know if you forgot but we live in the same apartments” she said bluntly and walked a bit ahead of him.