Chapter 06

Don't Go

Chapter Six: JongIn's Advice 

 

          “Do you want to go to practice?” Lay asked Kai. School had finished but the group of friends had split up. Suho had to tutor a first year and had left for the library. Minyeo had went to watch Seyi’s track practice. Chen, Chanyeol, and Sehun went to eat since neither had sports or classes to study for. Baekhyun and Tao had left for the gym, both having martial arts practice. Minseok had taken Luhan to soccer practice, and Kyungsoo was most likely watching the practice.

          “I really don’t want to go today” Kai mumbled. “Lets just go for an hour or two? Then we can just go watch Seyi practice” Lay suggested. “sounds good” Kai laughed and the two walked down the empty hallways to the dance room. It was a classroom usually used for the ballet classes but the dance team used the room for practice on certain days.

          An hour later Lay and Kai were both in the mens locker room rinsing the sweat off their bodies. When they finished they had changed into their everyday clothes. Lay in dark jeans and a dark blue denim button up, Kai in black jeans with a black v neck and cardigan over he also had a necklace Seyi had gotten him for his birthday, he always wore it.

          Lay caught Kai admiring the necklace and sighed loudly. “You know…I’m jealous of your relationship with Seyi, Just by looking at you guys anyone can tell you two are in love” Lay said. “I’m pretty lucky” Kai grinned and stepped away from the mirror. He tousled his still damp hair and grabbed his sports bag that also carried his school books. And slung it over one shoulder.

          “I’m seriously jealous” Lay chuckled grabbing his own bag and copying Kai by slinging it over his shoulder. Kai checked his phone and held the door open for the two, “Do something about you’re relationship with Minyeo then” Kai said sending his grandma a text that he would probably be out late again.

          “How? She flirts with every cute guy she meets just to piss me off, then I just end up being mad at her until we make up” Lay mumbled and they walked through the empty hallways, there were still night classes going on so lite conversations could be heard. “That’s not her fault, shes trying to make you jealous” Kai said.

          “How do you know?” Lay asked confused. “She’s my girlfriends best friend. Minyeo and I have these talks quiet often actually” Kai said. “One on one, like its just the two of you??” Lay asked with a slight frown. Kai thought for a second staring off into nothing-ness, “Most of the time…yeah” he said.

          “Seyi lets you do that?!” Lay gasped. Kai groaned and lightly pushed his hyung, “Do you think Seyi and I have trusts issues? Of course she trust’s me! Its like how I trust her and Kyungsoo to hang out together when I cant be there, I know nothings going to happen because Seyi is loyal to me. She knows nothing will happen between Minyeo and I because im loyal, not only to my girlfriend but my friend who’s practically in love with Minyeo” Kai rolled his eyes.

          “What? Who’s in love with Minyeo?!” Lay stopped and grabbed Kai by the shoulders staring him straight in the eyes. 2 freshman girls walked past and saw the two boys so  close to each other and holding one another. “Hyung stop people will get the wrong idea!” Kai said and shoved him away. “You’re so stupid sometimes hyung. It’s you! You’re pretty much head over heels for that demon girl” Kai scoffed.

          “Demon girl? Shes one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met!” Lay frowned defending Minyeo, “If anything Seyi is more of a demon than Min-” Lay didn’t even finish because of the glare he earned from Kai. “You don’t bad mouth you’re friends girl. That’s guy code hyung” Kai warned. “Oh shut up Jongin! You know I love Seyi... as my sister” Lay rolled his eyes, however Kai was still annoyed by Lay calling her a demon.

          “But…you know out of the whole group you’re the only one in a relationship…” Lay said. Kai nodded, “I do know that because that’s an obvious fact, hyung” Kai snickered. Lay glared and continued, “If I want to make Minyeo my girlfriend what do I do? Because every time I bring the subject up she ignores me or changes the subject” Lay said sounding desperate.

          “That’s because every time you bring the topic up its after you have ” Kai said. “If  you’re having together more than you’re spending genuine time with her than it makes a girl feel like shes just you’re bed buddy, kind of trashy. Sure she’ll be all for it at the beginning  because that’s how she feels close to you, or like you’re hers and shes yours" Kai scratched his head seeing Lays confused face, he was trying to keep things simple and easy to explain. “Okay basically if you try and ask her to be you’re girlfriend after Minyeo is going to be y, she hates it. She’s kind of needy and picky if you haven't noticed, she has these dreams of how she wants a guy to confess to her, really cute and romantic. She doesn’t want a sweaty and smelly confession. Since you’re trying after you two have had you’re confession really doesn’t sound genuine to her. Make sense?” Kai asked.

          “So…I have to be romantic?” Lay groaned. Kai nodded and laughed, “You have to be romantic in a relationship anyway, girls say they don’t like it but trust me they do. Seyi said she didn’t want to really do anything on her birthday I knew she was lying so I took her to the beach, I did that whole pack a picnic lunch thing and spend the whole day relaxing on the beach and watching the sunset, and she loved it!” Kai smiled.

          “I wont tell you what Minyeo wants from a confession!” Kai quickly said before Lay could even ask the question. “But~ Spend some casual time with her, take her on a date, find out the things she likes. Pretty much easiest thing to do is watch a drama with her, if she says “omo! I want my future boyfriend to confess like that!” shes telling you that’s what you have to do or something similar to it for her to actually date you” Kai explained.

          Lay sighed loudly and they walked down the steps that lead towards the soccer field. “Girls are so complicated~!” Lay groaned. “Tell me about it!” Kai laughed.

          When they got down to the soccer field Kai spotted Kyungsoo sitting alone watching them practice and decided to try and scare Kyungsoo. Lay watched amused as Kai snuck up behind Kyungsoo who was sitting on the small bleachers while playing a game on his phone. Just as Kai was about to jump on Kyungsoo’s back someone grabbed his shoulder quickly. Kai screamed loudly startling Kyungsoo. They both turned around at the same time, Kyungsoo had huge eyes as he looked at Kai who was grabbing his chest trying to regain his calm and at Minyeo who was laughing because she had scared Kai so badly.

          “What are you doing?!” Kyungsoo snapped. “Kai was trying to scare you, Minyeo scared Kai instead” Lay explained simply. “Okay…why are you two here, don’t you have practice?” Kyungsoo asked. “Yeah we did, we cut it short though” Lay said.

          Kai took a seat next to Kyungsoo and looked out onto the soccer field, he spotted Minseoks reddish brown hair quickly especially since it stood out against the black haired boys and the blue and white practice clothes. He also easily spotted the blonde haired Luhan running quickly after the soccer ball. “How’s Luhan been doing?” Kai asked.

          “He’s really good!” Kyungsoo nodded his head towards Luhan. Luhan was totally into the little game and his face was totally serious. “I’m almost positive they’re going to make him a captain” he smiled. “That’s good!” Kai cheered. “YEAH LULU!! DO WHATEVER IT IS YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DO IN SOCCER!!!!” Kai started cheering and doing cute small cheerleading poses. Some of the boys on the soccer team laughed because Kai was being immature and because Luhan was getting embarrassed.

          Soon Lay and Kyungsoo even joined in with Kai’s cheers. “WHY DON’T YOU CHEER FOR ME?!?!?!” Minseok shouted giving the three boys a deadly glare. “BECAUSE WERE NO LONGER XIUMIN FANS!!!!” Kyungsoo shouted back. “YEAH!! ITS ALL ABOUT LUHAN HOTTIE NOW!!!!” Kai screamed. The soccer team died of laughter. The whole practice game was just done because the boys were rolling on the ground laughing at Luhan and Minseok who were flushed red with embarrassment because of their so called “Friends”.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

 

          “Seyi!” A girl on Seyi’s track team called her over. The girls were giggling when Seyi looked up from her stretches, “What?” she asked bluntly. “You’re boyfriends over there making a fool of himself” the girl Yoona, also the team captain, laughed. Seyi looked down the soccer field to see Kai, Kyungsoo, and Lay pretending to be cheerleaders and cheer on Luhan. “Oh. My. God.” Seyi gapped.

          “Do you want to go calm him down before someone calls the security guard on him?” Yoona laughed. “Sorry sunbae! I’ll be leaving now!” Seyi said and quickly stood up. she grabbed her sports bag and backpack then hurried over to the soccer field. “YAH!” She snapped as soon as she got close enough to Kai. Kai looked at her and smirked. “YEAH~!!! NOW THE HOTTEST 2ND YEAR, SEYI IS HERE~!!! WOOOOHOOO~~~!!!!” he screamed.

          The soccer team burst into more laughter including Luhan and Minseok now. Seyi turned red and she started smacking Kai’s arms telling him it wasn’t funny, and to stop laughing. “Whats wrong with you three?!” she snapped her slaps only getting harder. “Okay! Okay! It hurts! It hurts!” Kai cried and caught her wrist then trapped her in a hug.

          “You’re disgusting!” she snapped. “I’m all sweaty from practice and I stink! Let go of me!!” she complained. “I don’t care~ I love my amazingly beautiful girlfriend~” He sang and pecked her lips. “I love everything about her” he said pecking her lips again. “I even love her after her practice when shes all sweaty and stinky” he said this time kissing her long and gently.

          Lay, Minyeo, and Kyungsoo quickly covered their eyes and looked away not wanting to watch the simple kiss turn into a make-out session. “YAH! YOU’RE STILL AT SCHOOL!!” Minseok scolded them. Kai pulled away from their locked lips first and gave her a smile. Seyi only scowled and rolled her eyes, “I think you have issues” she told him.

          “Fine! You can go shower and clean up, and ill wait for you here, then when you’re clean do I at least get to hold you?” he pouted. Minyeo peeled Lay away from her and linked her arms with Seyi, “It’s late ill go with you” Minyeo smiled and dragged Seyi away from the boys and back to the gym where the girls locker room was.

          When they got inside the locker room Minyeo sat on one of the benches and waited while Seyi took a shower. “Hey Seyi, whats with you and Luhan? Do you not like him or something?” Minyeo asked as Seyi stepped out with a towel around her body and one drying her hair. “What do you mean?” Seyi asked. “I mean all day you’ve given him the cold shoulder, I mean….i guess he looks kind of rude and arrogant, but hes really friendly and sweet” Minyeo said.

          “It’s not that I hate him. You know what im like” Seyi mumbled and changed. She changed into a pair of shorts with a white button up tucked into them. She grabbed bother her bags and the two girls left the locker room and headed back outside to watch the rest of the boys soccer practice.

          After their practice Kyungsoo Lay and Minyeo left to go eat dinner leaving Seyi, Kai, Luhan, and Minseok. “Luhan are you okay getting back home? Do you know you’re way around Seoul?” Minseok asked. “I drive, I have a GPS to so ill be okay” Luhan smiled. “Do you need a ride home?” Luhan asked all three of them. “It is kind of late” he added.

          “Hey! That’d be awesome!” Kai and Minseok beamed bright smiles. “Babe?” Kai asked Seyi.  She sighed and nodded. “Hey are you okay? You’ve been weird all day” Kai shook her arm. “No, I’ve been tired all day” she Kai was carrying her backpack so Seyi was able to wrap her arms around his waist and hugged him. “Go to sleep early tonight babe” he smiled down at her.

          Luhan and Minseok were both watching unlike Minseok who just rolled his eyes at the couple Luhan was a bit curious. He was envious of their cute relationship and how open they were around others. “This is my car” Luhan spoke up stopping in front of the black Mercedes. He opened the trunk first and they all put their bags in there. “Who am I taking home first?” Luhan asked. “I guess I live close by so me” Kai said getting in the back with Seyi while Minseok got in on the passenger side and Luhan got in on the drivers side.

          “Just tell me where I have to turn” Luhan smiled and started the car. “Wow you’re a pretty good driver” Minseok said as they pulled up to Kai’s house. Luhan smiled and popped the trunk so Kai could get his bags. “I got my license a few years ago when I lived in China” Luhan said. They waited until Kai got inside before finally driving away. “Then Seyi next?” Luhan asked.

          “Yeah my apartment is nearby” she said giving him directions. “Hey you live here?” Luhan asked. “Yeah why?” she asked unbuckling her seatbelt “So do I” He laughed.  “Funny” Seyi said and got out of the car to get her things.

          “You could have just taken me home first then” Minseok laughed. “I don’t mind either way” Luhan smiled waiting for Seyi to get inside then he took Minseok home.