Chapter 05

Don't Go

 

Chapter Five:  Making New Friends

 

            As soon as the bell rang releasing the students for lunch, Seyi shot up out of her seat with Kyungsoo following right behind her. They rushed to the cafeteria and got their lunches first, then walked together outside to the soccer fields. Before Seyi could follow Kyungsoo and sit on the ground she heard Kai shouting at her not to sit yet.

            With one hand holding his lunch he shrugged his school blazer off his shoulders, then held his lunch in his other hand to fully take it off. He lay it on the ground flat and sat down on it. “Kai what was the point of that?!” Seyi asked confused while Kyungsoo laughed at Kai’s playful-ness. He patted his lap with a silly smile. “You can’t sit on the wet grass duh” he stuck his tongue out.

            “So I have to sit on his lap, this is Jongin logic!” Seyi told Kyungsoo with a scoff, he laughed at the two and sort of glanced away as Seyi  set her lunch down and sat on Kai’s lap. “Sorry hyung, is this awkward for you?” Kai asked.

            “No but if I was looking while she sat down I would have seen her ” Kyungsoo admitted. “Yah!” Kai snapped. Kyungsoo continued laughing, “That’s why I turned away!” he explained.

            “Hey~!!” Chanyeol shouted running over to the group with Baekhyun and Sehun following. “Hi~” Kai said coolly with a smile. “You guy’s saw that new kid in our class right?! Right?” Baekhyun asked looking around at the group. Tao and Chen walked over joining the group. “That new pretty boy?” Chen asked.

            “Pft, pretty boy?” Kai scoffed. “Are you guys talking about Luhan-ssi?” Minyeo asked walking over with Lay following close behind her. “Yeah,  Chen’s been calling him pretty boy all day!” Tao said. “Well I mean he is pretty cute-” Lay cut Minyeo off by loudly clearing his throat.

            “You guys have a new classmate?” Suho asked walking over to the group. He sat down next to Baekhyun and Chen. “Yeah his names Xi Luhan, hes from China and he’s extremely pretty!” Minyeo said. Lay flicked her forehead as a way to tell her to shut up.

            “Seyi hes you’re new desk partner, whats he like?” Kyungsoo asked. “Yeah! You were even staring at him for 30 minutes!” Minyeo laughed loudly. “So he’s more handsome than me that you had to stare at him through a whole lesson?” Kai asked tilting his head a bit to get a better look of her face. He was leaning with his arms behind his back to prop him up, and Seyi had moved to sit between his legs and lean against his chest.

            “No matter how I answer that you’re egoistic personality will over react” Seyi mumbled. “My egoistic personality?” He asked jokingly resting his chin on her shoulder, “And whats that like?” he teased nuzzling the crook of her neck, knowing his hair tickled her neck.

            “Stop!! Were trying to eat! Let us eat in peace without you two making babies!-” Chen’s shout was cut short as Suho shoved kimbap into Chens mouth. Suho grabbed Chens jaw forcing him to chew “Be a good boy and just eat you’re food, now!” Suho said darkly but with a cheery face. “muasd muff haffge!!” Chen tried screaming but Suho kept his mouth shut. When he finished Suho let go and Chen screamed. “THAT HAD WASABI IN IT!!!” while reaching for his water.

            “I know, that’s why I gave it to you” Suho confessed.

            “Oh! Minseok!” Tao called waving to Minseok but stopped and tilted his head, “Hey isn’t that the new guy?” Tao asked pointing towards Minseok. Everyone turned to where Tao pointed. Lay was especially curious as to who Luhan was since  Minyeo called him cute.

“Hey guys, this is my new friend Luhan, you don’t mind if he hangs out with us right? He’s really cool!” Minseok greeted with a cheery voice.

            Chanyeol, Chen, Tao, Lay, Sehun, and Suho stared at Luhan with blank faces it sort of made Luhan feel awkward and he cleared his throat as a nervous habit. “Hi Luhan” Kyungsoo smiled and spoke first. “My names Kyungsoo but everyone calls me DO, were in the same class as well” Kyungsoo greeted standing up and holding out a hand for Luhan.

            Luhan looked at Minseok first as if asking for permission. Minseok gave Luhan a reassuring smile and pat on the back. Luhan smiled to Kyungsoo and shook his hand “Nice to meet you” Luhan smiled. “Hi! My names Baekhyun were not in the same class though, but since you’re in the same class as Kyungsoo then that means you’re a dongsaeng! Right?” Baekhyun asked. “Im 19” Luhan smiled. “eh?!” Baekhyun gasped, “Why are you a 2nd year then?!” Baekhyun asked

            “Because he’s a foreign transfer student, it’s a school policy for foreign exchange students to be put a grade lower” Minseok chuckled at Baekhyuns reaction. Luhan nodded and shrugged a bit.

            “Well! Either way its nice to meet you Luhan!” Baekhyun grinned.  “Hi! Im the second oldest here Joonmyun but just call me Suho, everyone else does” Suho smiled standing up like Kyungsoo had and holding out a hand to Luhan. Luhan smiled and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you” he said.

            “Im guessing everyone else is just going to sit there?” Suho asked them but they were speechless and staring at Luhan with big eyes. Kai laughed a bit and spoke up. “Hi Luhan, My names Jongin but everyone calls me Kai, Were in the same class as well, I just sat at the very back so you probably didn’t see me” Kai smiled. He couldn’t get up and shake Luhans hand because Seyi was sitting between his legs and resting against his chest. Luhan noticed how Seyi and Kai were sitting and it made him a bit awkward. So this is her boyfriend then? Luhan asked himself. “Nice to meet you all” He smiled.

            “Actually I remember him from class because he was laughing at me when I first walked in” Luhan admitted pointing to Chanyeol. “eh!?” Chanyeol looked shocked, “W-well I wasn’t trying to be mean just you looked really freaked out because the girls were gawking at you” Chanyeol laughed a bit. “My names Chanyeol, its nice to meet you Luhan” he smiled.

            “Nice to meet you too, ill admit I was sort of freaked out” Luhan chuckled. “When we went to get out lunch some girls even came up to him and asked if he was an idol” Minseok laughed. “yah! You four introduce yourselves!” Minseok commanded to the four who still hadn't spoken a word.

            “Hi my names Sehun im the youngest, were also in the same class I was sitting in the back though with Minyeo noona” Sehun smiled and pointed to Minyeo who also introduced herself then introduced Lay as well. “This is Lay! Well his real names Zhang Yixing but we call him Lay-”

            “Not over the summer you didn’t” Kai scoffed and looked away casually. Minyeo growled and was about to throw something at Kai but Seyi beat her too it “Yah!” Seyi elbowed his stomach, “What were you doing listening to them!?” she snapped making everyone laugh. “I wasn’t!! It was because of them I couldn’t sleep!!” Kai argued.

            “Are you trying to pick a fight with me?!” Seyi gasped. “I can’t even try because you turn into a diva!”he snapped back. Luhan was smiling at their bickering but turned to Minseok because he was confused, “Um…what does Kai mean by not during the summer?” Luhan asked.

            Everyone stopped and stared at the innocent boy because he didn’t get it, “Minyeo noona and Lay hyung spent a lot of time together doing it” Sehun said bluntly. Suho smacked Sehuns head then Lay “Look what you did to our baby!!! He’s tainted!!” Suho scolded.

            “Yah! Its only his ears and mind! We all know he watches !” Lay snapped. “We all know you watch !” Chen snapped at Lay. “So do you!!” Lay pointed a finger. “Not just me!! Baekhyun and Chanyeol!!” Chen snapped pointing at the Baekyeol couple.

            “Bwoh?! Don’t bring us into this conversation!!” Chanyeol shouted.

            “Shut up already! You all watch , we get it! Just stop you’re giving me a  headache!” Seyi shouted. “Hey hey hey! Im not a ert like these guys!” Kai protested and pointed at all the guys. “pft, you’re probably the worst amongst them all!” Seyi scoffed. “Not true!! Its Minseok hyung!!” Kai pointed at Minseok. “YAH!” Minseok gasped.

            “Anyway~!! Lay here’s from China as well, and he’s just glaring because hes jealous I called you pretty” Minyeo quickly changed the subject. “I am not!!” Lay pouted like a little kid. “Okay, keep telling yourself that” Minyeo nodded and pet his head like he was a dog.

            “What part of China are you from?” Luhan asked. “Changsha” Lay answered, “Ah~ im from Beijing Luhan smiled. “Luhan hyung! Im from China too!” Tao said happily and waved “My names Tao nice to meet you! You really are pretty like the others said!” he rambled on until Chen stopped him.

            “I guess im last, nice to meet you Luhan my names Jongdae but just call me Chen, okay?” Chen smiled. “Nice to meet you all, I guess its nice that I can have some friends that can speak Chinese with me” Luhan gave them all a warm smile.

            Lay who was sulking suddenly melted at Luhan’s sweet image he was showing, the others gave in as well. There was no way to deny that on the first meeting they all really liked Luhan. "Hey Luhan do you want to hang out with us after school?" Suho asked while they were all chatting and finishing their lunch. During the break period Luhan ended up getting especially close with Lay, Sehun, Kai, and Kyungsoo compared to the others.

            "He can't, sorry Suho. Luhan's going to be coming to practice with me" Minseok said. "He says he played soccer in China, so I asked him to try out for the team, we need more guys. If he's as good as he says hopefully he'll be our captain!" Minseok smiled.

            "What did you play position, place, whatever you call it" Baekhyun waved a hand. "I was a striker" Luhan nodded. "Hey if he's going to practice he needs clothes!" Sehun said. "I have extra clothes dork" Minseok flicked Sehuns head.

            "Do any of you guys play any other sports?" Luhan asked them. "Im on the schools dance team, i guess you can call it a sport but we don't really compete" Kai shrugged.

            "Me too" Lay smiled and glanced at Kai. "Though we don't compete, Jongin and I both go to underground competitions" Lay nodded.

            "Tao practices Wushu and martial arts, and Baekhyun also practices hapkido" Suho said and the two nodded. "Chen and Kyungsoo are both to absorbed in singing" Minyeo laughed. "eh~ Minseok, Suho, Lay, and Baekhyun sing well to!" Kyungsoo smiled.

            "Seyi's on the track team too" Kai smiled patting her head which instantly annoyed her. "Don't touch my hair" she hissed. "No offense, i just thought maybe you were the studious type, rather an athlete" Luhan shrugged.

            "Really? despite you're cute face i thought you were a gangster when we first met" Seyi shrugged. Luhan laughed awkwardly and shook his head, "I could never, though i guess you can say I can fight pretty well" he nodded.

            "Don't let her words get to you" Kai gave Luhan a reassuring nod, "Shes not really like a pinapple....More like a porcupine. she'll stab you a few times before shes friendly and cute" Kai shrugged, "Though she hardly shows the cute side" he scoffed looking down at her. 

            Seyi lifted her body up a bit before slaming her shoulders into Kai's chest making him cough as the breathe was knocked out of him. "SEE!" Kai gasped making them laugh.