Dirty little secret. Chapter 6.

Can i tell you a secret? I love you...

     Myungsoo crumpled the tissue in his hand for a while already, gulping the salvia down his throat as he watched his fingers slowly starting to rip the napkin in small pieces. The bloods in his veins were running unusually fast, his legs slightly trembling as he sitted onto the chair in front of the table he had choosed in cafe. Table for two. That was what made himself really nervous. So nervous he felt like throwing up. So nervous, he thought that he was sweating, burning inside, when he actually wasn’t... The reason for the meeting with Kai here, was... He tehnically had to ask him out on a fake date. But how to actually do it?
   Myungsoo lifted his eyes up from the tissue when he saw the other entering and quickly scannning the room to find the boy, a minute later Kai was sitting in front of Myungsoo, smiling widely and being just so happy as always. Of course he was, because he didn’t knew what Myungsoo did and Kai’s reaction scared him the most, the thoughts of them being a couple scared him. Ew. Gross. It was gross... They were best friends, not a lovers.

„So, are you going to talk or will just continue to stare at me?” He questioned with a playful tone before chuckled softly, noticing the boy haven’t ordered anything and then stood up again, taking off his jacket and scarf to place it onto bench as he went to pick something for them both.

 

„Is, i want to die, will be enough for you?” Myungsoo questioned with a heavy and deep sigh following his words after Kai returned with plate with two hazelnut frappes and bunch of tasty different kind of donuts.

And again, instead of taking Myungsoo serious Kai snickered again, seemed like he had a really good mood today, bad thing he was going to ruin it with his news. Or maybe Kai seemed amused about Myungsoo because he was always whining about something lately? He just had used to it already as time had passed, probably anyone would. „What happened again? Yifan wouldn’t go to your school, would he?” He took his frappe and drinked some of it through the straw as he looked at the boy.

Myung would shake his head. „No, he is not the problem this time. Well at least not today, he’s part of the problem though.” He sighed and then took his drink as well, frowning deeply as instead of drinking it he started to talk again. „No, you know what? That jerk is the problem, indeed he is a big pain in the .” The words left Myungsoo’s mouth after he remembered who was the person who suggested the double date, he couldn’t even focus on eating as he was angry on Yifan for being like that. Why he would be even interested to see Kai and Myungsoo together again when it made him cry before? It just wasn’t clear...  Myungsoo stayed in his own thoughts for a moment then, staring into space before Kai interrupted his thoughts with another  chuckle.

„Just tell me what’s the matter. You said there is a problem, i assume that it’s not about Kris being a Jerk?” He questioned curiously and his lips to clean them from the cream as Kai placed the cup back onto table.

„No, just, when i met Chanyeol today, he told me what happened and as you can guess... That is the problem...” He said and then looked up into others eyes before looking back down.


„Well, you may continue...” Kai said with a small smile and leaned back into chair as he was getting ready for listening that way.

„When yesterday Kris left the school he had bumped into Chanyeol and Chanyeol being Chanyeol...he...” The words bumped into his mouth and didn’t come over his lips. Why it was so hard to think about it... „...he asked Kris out for a date.” After the words he looked up at Kai. „Yeah, i had the same expression, but i wasn’t the best, so hold on....”
 

Kai’s eyes had widened to size that looked his eyeballs will just fall out in any moment, then he shaked his head. „And that wasn’t the reason you’re still mad?” He questioned and with a blink then let out a small sigh as he decided to leave all the questions to later on and now just stay silent and listen.

„...Like it wouldn’t be enough already that moron agreeded to date, how could he? I mean..we....” He exhaled sharply and then took a few good seconds to calm down and continue to tell. „Well, he agreeded to that stupid date, plus that idiot suggested to make a double date.” He ended it shortly, not pattering the words uselessy as Kai did understand what couple he would have in his mind after running away from school and leaving Myungsoo and Kai there alone. Another whine left Myungsoo’s lips as he thought about it, not daring to look up at Kai, which unlike boy had expected had burst out into laughter, barely breathing and catching other people attention as his laugh was louder than even before.

„Ahhh~” He breathed, Kai’s eyes almost tearing up form amusement after he had heard Myungsoo’s words and actually understand the meaning of them. „So...we...” He finally tried to start talking as it was still really hard from how funny it seemed to him.

 

„Well, i’m glad you like the idea too...” Myungsoo rolled his eyes as he watched the other, but coudn’t help as his own lips stretched into small smile, so he took his frappe finally and drinked some of it. Honestly he didn't expect his reaction to be even close to that, he thought that Kai would be angry and mad at boy for accepting the date, but then it was complete oposite. It flushed all Myung's worries away really quickly and he could finally relax a little more while he waited for other to calm down and start to talk.

„It means, we will have to be a couple?” He questioned, drinking some as his throat got dry from laughing so much. „How long? It will be one date?” He questioned, but from Myung’s expression you could already read that he didn’t knew all those things.

„I really have no idea, i don’t even know why would Kris want to see us on his stupid date.” He frowned.

With a small smile Kai leaned closer to boy then and softly tapped tip of Myung’s nose with his index finger as he said. „Silly, he would love to kill me and watch me how i burn in flames. It’s you, who he wants to see...” Kai said and tilted his head to the side, leaning a little more closer to Myungsoo teasingly, who with his hands leaned onto table while looking at Kai confused by his action. „Shouldn’t we practice a kiss or something?” He chuckled and leaned back then.

„Really an idiot...” Myungsoo mumbled as he stared at the other in disbelieve. Why did he had to date Kai, he knew the other to well, they didn’t love each other, they didn’t even look like lovers. They were best friends with those simple love hate reationships, probably with more hate than love, but still relationships. „But if he wanted to see me, why would he go out on date with Chanyeol... ” Myungsoo sighed and then felt Kais fingers lightly brushing over his pale cheek.

 

„Don’t worry, your date with Kris will come too, just wait Myungsoo. I can see how much you want to help your friend, but do you realize that letting Kris go would make the pains you feel now stay in your heart forever?” He questioned the boy with a soft and caring voice, the playful expession fully disappeared from his face as he looks at Myungsoo. 

„I know, but i will give a try...” He said and slowly moved his hand to place it over Kai’s palm, the warmth feeling making him smile as he looks down again.

„You know by yourself there wouldn’t be any other reason to make a double date, which was suggested by Kris if he just wouldn’t crave to see you. Or maybe...” Kai smiled playfully again. „...maybe he’s going to pull me into corner and kill while you won’t look...” He smiled wider and made Myungsoo smile as well as they tangled their fingers together. It was most precious thing on the world, to see the boy smile, to see his dimples form onto his cheeks and make himself feel shy for smiling so adorable that Kai couldn’t avert his eyes. He guessed, that it was love part moment of their reationship, the rest was all tangled in hate and being ‘idiots’ in their own way.

„I’m not letting him. Kris won’t harm you, i promise...” He looked back up in Kai’s eyes and gived a light squeeze to his hand, then taking it off from his to let Jongin pull his hand back as well.


„What a good boyfriend...” He grinned and knew if they wouldn’t be in public place Myungsoo would already have throw something in his direction, probably something heavy and something that would hurt him, but since they wasn’t Kai used the situation and felt free, only earning one death glare from the boy on other side of the table.

The rest of the time they spend while eating the delicious snacks and sharing them, drinking their frappes and joking around, as usually sharing some news about school and other things. Maybe from aside they could look like a couple already, when Kai teared off a piece of his donut and placed it into Myung’s mouth, so he would taste it too and later on Myungsoo would do the same, sometimes afterwards cleaning corners of his lips as they got dirty. People may thought they were together, looking happy to have each other and just have fun as couple, but they wasn’t. No one knew what they were inside, what had happened before and what made them so close. It was a strong friendship, that couldn’t be breaked by fight over silly things or girls, or even just a simple fight until someone would bleed. It was friendship no one else wouldn't really understand, but themself and that was enough already. To know, they will always have each other no matter what.