Chapter Six

Would You? [ ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*FLASHBACK*

Sungmin’s POV

Where is this guy going? I thought to myself when I saw Kyuhyun climbing up the stairs. Maybe I should go and follow him? Kkk~ Since I think I’m needed here anyways and besides I saw a balcony on the way here. Maybe I should go and check out the view. Then I also went up the stairs. I went straight to where the balcony was located and saw Kyuhyun there. I smile to myself. Two birds in one stone. Hihihi. Wow. I haven’t clearly seen his face without his eyeglasses. He face looks relaxed unlike earlier downstairs and his eye; it looks so calmer than I have ever seen. I wanted to approach him. Then what? I’ll start another argue? Aish! Maybe I’ll just stay here and look at him from afar; at least he won’t go away just like before. He is more beautiful than the sunset. If only I can see his face like this. I would be the happiest person alive.

“Yah, what are you staring at?” Kyuhyun’s voiced boomed in my ears.

Omo! Did he just catch me staring at him? Need to find a way out. Omo! Omo! Omo! I can feel my face turning red. Oh no, not this time. “Yah, who’s staring at who?” I hope he didn’t notice my face. I have to play it cool.

“Never mind. If you want to watch the sunset, you can come in the balcony. It’s not like it’s mine.”

Did he just invite me to watch the sunset with him? Asdkljf!!! I can’t believe this. Omo!! I was so excited that he just invited me. Should I also talk to him? But what topic would I open? I have to think of a topic that won’t offend him so that he won’t walk away. Maybe I should just keep quiet, I’ll just enjoy---

“Oh, if you’re worrying about the balcony, it’s big. You won’t catch any “dorky disease” if that’s what’s bothering you.”

Wait, what? “NO!” I sternly answered him and walk fast as I can and sit also to where he was sitting. I hope this space is okay with him. Well, he isn’t moving away when I sat down, so maybe it is. Hihihi~ So, I should talk to him, or not? Omo! This is so close. I can’t believe this. Cho Kyuhyun invited me here and he is now sitting next to me. I can’t breathe!! I just have to relax so I can breathe normally. Relax Sungmin. Relax.

“Is the space between us suffocating you?” I looked at him. Omo! He noticed. What do I do? “I’ll better go now so you won’t die because of me. Don’t want to be a murderer or something.” Shisus! Did he just walk away?  Again? Aish! His tone of voice is kind of annoyed. Good job, Sungmin. He hates you, big time now! But... Yes, I can’t breathe normal because you are beside me and it lasted more than 5 seconds and you talked to me with so much calmness. And that space between us is so much closer than I’ve ever expected and could’ve asked for. Aish! Lee Sungmin, you made him angry again by not talking or anything. Aish! Pabo Lee Sungmin. Pabo!

I stayed to where Kyuhyun left me. I still can’t believe that I just sat beside him and I also can’t believe that I also made him angry without talking to him. If I talk to him or not, he gets angry. Is he that annoyed with me? I know I looked like an idiot smiling this big, but what can I do? I’m just so happy. Maybe Hae is right. This would be a start of a very good summer. Kkk~ I stayed in the terrace until I noticed that the sunset is no longer there. I take a look at my wristwatch and check the time. Oh, it’s almost seven. I should get down. I stood up and walk slowly until I reach the stairs, I can hear them laughing, having fun. Then I heard Shindong’s sudden question.

“So, is that means Kyuhyun is also gay?” I just froze from I was standing. I was anticipating the answers and hoping that he really is gay. If he is, then I would totally confess to him. Oh please, let him be gay. If he’s straight then I’ll completely give up these feelings for him. Oh wait, why am I so selfish? I have no plans on confessing to him. But it would be much better if he is then maybe, just maybe, I’ll have a chance.             

“No.”

“Definitely not.”

“He’s straight.”

“Kyuhyun? Gay?”

I felt my tears are now trickling down my cheeks. I don’t want to hear anything about it at all now. I can’t take this anymore. I turned around and run back to the terrace. I immediately wiped my tears. But it keeps on falling. I don’t know what to do but to keep my cries, silent as possible. I want to talk to someone right now. And there is only one person that I need now. But I can’t call unto him since I don’t want to let other knows why I have bloodshot eyes and worry them. Aish! Why didn’t I bring my phone with me when I needed it? Tears are again forming in my eyes.

“Yah! We’ve been looking for you since we arrived here. You just disappeared along with Kyuh---” I was startled and at the same time thankful of the owner of the voice. Did he hear my callings? “Why are you here Ming?”

“Donggie, can we go to our room? Just for a sec.” ! My voice cracks. But I don’t care, it’s Shindong.

“Okay Ming. Let’s go.” He answered and he went straight to our room. I don’t know where our room was so I just followed him. He entered the room and as I entered the said room, I locked it immediately so that no one can enter the room since I don’t want anybody to see me in this state right now except for my best friend, Shindong.

I hugged Shindong immediately and started crying. I know he was taken aback since his reactions are a bit too late. He then rubs my back in circular motion. I always felt good every time he does it.

“Ming, what’s the problem?” he asked.

I don’t know how to answer him. I don’t want to tell him that I know Kyuhyun was straight because I know he would be hurt since he is the one who asked it earlier. “I don’t know Dong. I just felt like crying.” I lied to him. Sorry for lying, Donggie.

“Don’t tell me you had a fight with Kyuhyun? You know, not just the 20 seconds bickering.” Shindong asked.

“No. No.” Just hearing his name hurts me. I want him to stop talking about Kyuhyun or whatnot. “Please Dong, just let me cry. No more question. Just let me cry.”

“Okay, okay Ming. Just cry on me. It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay.” It’s a good thing that Shindong knows me too well. He understands me too well, too. That’s why out of the four, he is my best friend. And I also know that I am his. He keeps on whispering soothing words, it does help a little, and it calmed me down. My sobs turn into hiccups and I want to be fair to Shindong, I want to tell him everything.

I looked at him and I saw his eyes that there are also tears forming. I feel bad about it. I can see that Shindong was fighting the urge to cry too. His face showed nothing but worry and concern. I opened my mouth to talk but he cut me off.

“It’s okay Ming. You don’t have to tell me now.” He really knows me too well. We heard faint knocks on the door, Shindong looked at the door, “Who is it?”

“It’s time to eat. You two better come down before the food gets cold.” I don’t know whose voice was it. But I think Shindong knows since he called it ‘hyung’.

Shindong looked back at me with worry eyes, “You go rest, okay? I’ll tell them that you are not feeling well.” I just nod. He knows that I don’t want to go down and let them see my eyes. They’ll start asking questions. “You want me to get you some food?” I shook my head. I don’t want to eat right now. I don’t have the energy to it. “Okay then. Are you sure you’re gonna be alright?” Shindong asked while he stood up. I just nod at him and he went outside the room.

Okay, I’m alone now. Then what? I just lay down on my bed. It was a single bed with white sheets and red blankets. The mattress was so soft along with the pillows. I covered myself with the blanket and try my very best to sleep. But I just can’t. The earlier conversation between me and Kyuhyun, if that is called a conversation, and what I heard earlier keeps on replaying on my mind. Great! So I can never let my feelings come to his knowing since he is straight. Well, I don’t even plan to even if he’s gay. Oh ! This hurts like hell.

I don’t know how long I was hiding in the blankets. I heard some movements just outside the room and I heard Hyukjae and Shindong conversing as someone opened the door.

“Oh, Min hyung is asleep? Sheessh! How about the bet?” Hyukjae said as he was leaning on the mainframe of the door.

“Well, we can talk about it early in the morning.” Shindong answered.

“Alright hyung.” Hyukjae laughed and then walked away.

While Shindong closes the door. He looked at the body that was not moving on the bed, he went to his bed and sits down. Shindong looked outside, “Hey Ming.” I didn’t move an inch. “I know you are not asleep so don’t pretend to be one.”

Right, I forgot. Shindong knows me TOO well. I just let the blanket showed my face and heaved a deep breath. “You’re no fun.” And I forced a smile. I didn’t look at him since I know he would comment on it.

“We won.” Shindong said as he showed his cheeky smile, well, it was more than a grin than a smile. I sat down and looked at him in confusion. “You know the bet about Siwon’s ‘lover’.”

My mouth went 'O'. Then I looked at him. “Really? But she, I mean he looks likes a female. His skin, his facial features. I was just thinking that maybe Siwon’s type is not, you know, not big.” Shindong laughed at that matter. “I just. Okay fine. I lost. You three won.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter