Chapter Four

Would You? [ ON HOLD]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, is that means that Kyuhyun is also gay?” Shindong asked out of the blue. Making all heads turned to him. Even Sungmin who decides to go back in the living room froze when he heard the question.

“So, is he?” Donghae asked with his eyes hopeful.

“No.” Ryeowook answered.

“Definitely not.” Leeteuk mumbled.

“He’s straight.” Kangin said shortly after Leeteuk.

“Even bi? He is not?” It’s Siwon’s turn to ask.

“Kyuhyun? Gay? Bi? Are you kidding me?” Heechul asked and then laughed again. “Oh no, he’s not gay. I don’t even know why he can stand us being all so gay and he wasn’t even infected by it.” Heechul then laughed again joined by Kangin and Leeteuk. All four pairs of eyes looked down at the sudden denial. “Why’d you think that Kyun-sshi is gay?”

“Ahhh... Well, we are just curious since we have never seen him talking to girls and all. And he’s only friend in school is Ryeowook. That’s all.” Shindong answered without hesitation. Of course, it is not a lie but the truth why he asked the question is because they want Sungmin to have hope.

Sungmin who just heard all that can’t help his tears from escaping from his eyes. He runs back to the balcony staring at the moon which is in the horizon between the sky and the sea. He tries his best not to make a sound as he was crying.

-oOo-

“Yah! We’ve been looking for you since we arrived here. You just disappeared along with Kyuh---” He stopped at mentioning the name, Shindong knows not to mention Kyuhyun’s name since he just got new information about him that can be considered as a bad news. “Why are you here Ming?”

Sungmin did not move an inch. He just keeps on staring at the moon and now fighting the urge to cry again as he heard Shindong’s voice. “Donggie, can we go to our room? Just for a sec.”

Shindong knows that something is bothering Sungmin so he didn’t ask him why, he just obliged. “Okay Ming. Let’s go.” And he walked to their shared room and wait for Sungmin to arrive. When Sungmin got inside the room, he instantly locks the door and throws himself at Shindong who was obviously taken aback. “Ming, what’s the problem?” he asked the question while soothing Sungmin’s back.

Sungmin knows he can never fight the urge to cry and he needed Shindong to talk to. Good thing it was really Shindong who went looking for him since he is the person he needs right now. “I don’t know Dong. I just felt like crying.”

“Don’t tell me you had a fight with Kyuhyun? You know, not just the 20 seconds bickering.” Shindong asked.

“No. No.” Sungmin cried. “Please Dong, just let me cry. No more question. Just let me cry.”

“Okay, okay Ming. Just cry on me. It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay.” Shindong doesn’t really know what to say to Sungmin right now. It hurts him every time he cries and this is the second time he had cried like this. The first is when he was in second grade when he was caught sneaking out and was punished by his teacher by beating his hands, 20 beats each palm and this is the second time, which he doesn’t even know the reason behind his tears. He just kept on whispering soothing words into Sungmin’s ears until the sobs turned to hiccups.

Sungmin turned to Shindong, sadness and hesitation was all written into his face. “It’s okay Ming. You don’t have to tell me now.” Shindong said. He knows Sungmin wanted to tell him the whole story of why he cries but he also knows that tonight is the not the night to tell him what’s on Sungmin’s mind. And absolutely this is not the right time to tell him that Kyuhyun is a straight man. They heard faint knocks on the door. “Who is it?” Shindong asks.

“It’s time to eat. You two better come down before the food gets cold.” A familiar yet unrecognizable voice answered behind the doors.

“Arasso hyung.” Shindong knows that it is not from his group, and he also knows that the other group are all older than him, well, except for Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. He then heard the footsteps went down.

Shindong looks at Sungmin, “You go rest, okay? I’ll tell them that you are not feeling well.” Sungmin just nod. “You want me to get you some food?” Sungmin shakes his head. “Okay then.” Shindong stood up. “Are you sure you’re gonna be alright?” Sungmin nods. Shindong then leaved Sungmin in their shared room.

-oOo-

Everybody was now sleeping in each respective rooms. And Sungmin, who is rooming with Shindong couldn’t sleep, stood up and decided to go back to the balcony. When he was there, he then positioned himself where he wouldn’t be seen. He still kept on thinking about Kyuhyun’s uality. That he didn’t even notice a figure was going near him. His train of thoughts was distracted when an opened bag of chips was seen in front of him. He swears that if it would be one of his friends, he would kill them for sure. But when he trails the owner of the bag, his eyes widen at the view. And his tears are again threatening to come out. It was none other than Cho Kyuhyun.

“Yow.” Kyuhyun said softly. Sungmin didn’t respond, he faced again the scenery ignoring the chips even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter