Chapter 5

Lovely Liars

“Did you ladies want something?” Hyun Joong questioned as he looked down toward Kyo Jin and Ha Ni sitting.

 

The two girls looked up to see Hyun Joong and Taemin standing in front of them with curious looks on their faces.

 

Kyo Jin's eyes narrowed as she adjusted them to look as confused as possible, “What do you mean? Is there a reason you're here.” Kyo jin asked as she turned her attention toward Ha Ni and gave her a look not to speak. Ha Ni responded with a slight nod.

 

Hyun Joong laughed and shrugged his shoulders, “Well no reason in particular, but I saw this young lady staring at me for quite some time.” Ha Ni looked down embarrassed as her face turned a bright pink.

 

Kyo Jin stared directly at Hyun Joong and shook her head, “I think you're mistaken. We weren't looking in your direction.”

 

Hyun Joong looked towared Kyo Jin amused, “Well maybe you weren't, but your friend was. She seems to have given some interest in me.” Hyun Joong smirked as he looked toward Ha Ni and smiled.

 

Ha Ni taken by surprise tensed and smiled shyly back.

 

Kyo Jin frowned as she watched the interaction and thought to herself, “A total ladies charmer I see.”

 

Hyun Joong continued to look toward Ha Ni as he brought himself closer to her face, “Is there something you'd like miss?”

 

Ha Ni's eyes widened as she looked away, forgetting her agreement with Kyo Jin not to speak. “No, nothing at all. I think you've assumed incorrectly.” Ha Ni stuttered as the words flooded out of , her country accent etched deeply into every word she spoke. Kyo Jin looked toward Ha Ni a bit shocked, hearing the country accent a lot stronger than usual.

 

Hyun Joong and Taemin chuckled a bit upon hearing the heavy accent and looked to each other in amusement. Hyun Joong turned toward Ha Ni and opened his mouth to say something else when Ha Ni interrupted.

 

“To be honest. I was looking toward you. I'm sorry.” Ha Ni admitted as she took a deep breath. Hyun Joong stood there a bit shocked as Taemin laughed, nudging him in the side. Kyo Jin glanced at Ha Ni, not knowing how to work with her statement.

 

Kyo Jin looked up and saw Taemin's playful attitude when a thought came to her mind. She smiled as she turned toward Hyun Joong and Taemin, clearing to grab their attention. “Don't mistake the reason why she was looking at you for something else. It's better not to be so full of yourself Mr....”

 

“Kim.” Hyun Joong stated as he frowned at her remark. Kyo Jin smiled as she nodded her head politely to both of them.

 

“And you?” she questioned as she pointed toward Taemin.

 

Taemin laughed as he stretched out his hand, “Lee. Mr. Lee. However, I prefer my first name, Taemin. Mr. Lee is still quite formal for me.” Kyo Jin took his hand and shook it, smiling at his energy and kindness.

 

Hyun Joong rolled his eyes as he glared toward Kyo Jin, “So what was this reason you were mentioning before? About why you were looking toward our direction.”

 

Kyo Jin nodded, “Yes, well my friend and I were here to find out more information on this company's workers. We've heard great things about here.”

 

“I'm sure you have. We're one of the best.” Hyun stated bluntly as he looked questionably at Kyo Jin then at Ha Ni.

 

Kyo Jin smiled as she continued, “Yes of course. But we just couldn't help over hearing that Taemin here was 19. That is really young.”

 

Taemin chuckled, “I've just been very lucky.”

 

“Luck doesn't seem like a suitable reason to get into a company like this.” Kyo Jin replied, enjoying the bright energy coming from Taemin. Taemin shrugged his shoulders.

 

Hyun Joong sighed, “So is there something else you ladies want or need to know? I'm sure you didn't come to eavesdrop on our conversation.”

 

Kyo Jin shook her head, “Not really, but may I ask which departments you two work in?”

 

“We both work as Software Engineers, along with another partner.” Hyun Joong responded as he became more and more confused with the course of the conversation.

 

Suddenly, Ha Ni stood up from her seat and smiled awkwardly at Hyun Joong and Taemin. “Thank you for answering our questions and we're sorry to have taken your time but my friend and I must leave. We have an appointment to get to and we're a bit late.” Ha Ni stated clearly, the nervousness in her voice barely audible and the strength of her accent dying down.

 

Hyun Joong and Taemin nodded their heads in confusion as Ha Ni took Kyo Jin by the hand and dragged her out of the building. The two men watched them leave as they both tried to process what happened.

 

“Do you understand why they were here? Those two don't work at this company do they?” Taemin asked Hyun Joong as the two girls walked through the doors.

 

Hyun Joong shook his head, “I'm positive they don't work here.”

 

Taemin frowned as his eyes widened, “Do you think they're stalkers or something?”

 

Hyun Joong laughed as he lightly hit Taemin on the back of the head, “Are you crazy? Stalkers aren't that open.”

 

“Or that cute.” Taemin laughed as he rubbed his head. Hyun Joong looked at Taemin oddly. “What? Am I wrong?”

 

Hyun Joong chuckled as he thought back to the quiet girl with the accent. “No you're not wrong. Don't be like this though. I know you're young but you have to control yourself.”

 

Taemin lightly punched him, “Hey I was just saying. I think the girl who talked more was around my age too.”

 

Hyun rolled his eyes, “You're such a child thinking about girls at a time like this.”

 

Taemin shrugged his shoulders as both heard footsteps approaching them.

 

“Taemin! Hyun Joong! We have a meeting in five minutes. Hurry to the conference room!” a tall blonde man shouted as he stopped in front of them.

 

“We'll be there Kris, just hold on.” Taemin responded as he chuckled and went toward the table to pick up his things.

 

Kris nodded as he was slightly out of breath, “Why were you guys here for so long?”

 

“No reason. Let's go to the meeting.” Hyun Joong stated as Taemin came back with his stuff and they all walked toward the conference room.

 


“Next time Han Ni, let's try not to leave so abruptly and awkwardly.” Kyo Jin commented as she sat in the passenger seat of the car.

 

Ha Ni sighed, “I'm sorry, I just didn't like the fact we were caught. It's all my fault.”

 

Kyo Jin grinned, “Nahh it's no big deal. We found out a lot of good information and even got to see what they look like.”

 

“They saw what we look like too though! Isn't that bad?” Ha Ni yelled out frustrated.

 

“Not at all, it gives us a lot more ideas on how to confront them. Don't worry about it Ha Ni, it's fine.” Kyo Jin assured as she looked toward the clock which read 5:35 PM. “You weren't kidding about being late, we might not be able to get back by 6.” Kyo Jin stated as she looked toward Ha Ni.

 

Ha Ni chuckled, “Well yeah, it's not like I'm going to lie about that.”

 

Kyo Jin suddenly recalled the conversation from before as she stared at her. “Ha Ni?”

 

“Yeah?” Ha Ni replied as she focused on the road.

 

“Why did you tell Hyun Joong that you were really looking at him? How come you didn't just go along with my 'We weren't looking at him thing.'” Kyo Jin asked curiously.

 

Ha Ni's mouth made an O shape as she laughed a little, “I hate to lie. For anyone or for anything. I'd rather tell the truth than lie.”

 

Kyo Jin frowned as she looked seriously at Ha Ni, “But this organization requires A LOT of lying Ha Ni. How are you going to get by with telling the truth?”

 

“There's always a way.” Ha Ni responded confidently. “Of course there will be times where I will lie if I really have to.”

 

Kyo Jin nodded her head, “All right, just be careful of what you say.” Ha Ni nodded her head in response.

 

Kyo Jin continued to look at Ha Ni as she remembered something else, “Oh and Ha Ni?”

 

Ha Ni glanced at Kyo Jin, “Hmm?”

 

“You know.. your accent?” Kyo Jin asked timidly, worrying if she'll get offended.

 

Ha Ni smiled, “Yeah what about it?”

 

Kyo Jin looked away from Ha Ni as she stared ahead toward the road, “Well, you know how when you first met the other W.R.A.T.H. members, your accent was really noticeable?” Ha Ni nodded as she listened carefully to Kyo Jin's words. “Well you know when we're talking normally together? You can't really hear your accent. But when we were talking with Hyun Joong earlier it came out so clear I was a bit shocked.” Kyo Jin continued as Ha Ni's smile stayed on her face. “Is there like, an on and off button on your accent or something?” Kyo Jin joked as she looked to Ha Ni for an answer.

 

Ha Ni's smile turned into a smirk as she laughed, “You're really observant Kyo Jin.”

 

Kyo Jin grinned, “I've been told that a lot.”

 

Ha Ni nodded as she sighed, “My accent comes out like crazy when I'm super happy, mad, or nervous. So first meeting you guys I was pretty happy and when I was talking to Hyun Joong I was super nervous. I guess you can say I have an on and off button.”

 

“Ahh that makes sense.” Kyo Jin responded in understanding. Suddenly, her stomach growled as both burst into laughter.

 

“I guess I should drive faster huh?” Ha Ni said in between chuckles.

 

“That would be nice.” Kyo Jin agreed, a bit embarrassed but smiling at the same time.

 


“That wasn't really that helpful.” Jinho frowned as she got into the car disappointed with the outcome of their research.

 

“It was better than nothing?” Min Hi suggested as she got into the passenger seat.

 

Jinho groaned, “It was such a waste of time, out of all music studios why did I choose this one.” Jinho sighed as she put her head against the steering wheel.

 

“Don't be so down Jinho, at least we found out that Baekhyun's parents are self made singers, you know? They made themselves famous and didn't get help from a company.” Min Hi reasoned as she tried to encourage Jinho.

 

Jinho shook her head, “That's not enough from coming to an actual studio. We could have found that out on the internet.”

 

Min Hi sighed in defeat, “I guess you're right. I'm sure there are other studios that can give more information though.”

 

Jinho looked out the window to look at the music studio they just walked out of and frowned. “Why must this studio be so private and not tell us ANYTHING about the people who go there and record.” She grumbled as she glared at the studio one last time before starting the car.

 

“It can be safety reasons. I'm pretty sure they don't want stalkers.” Min Hi replied as she looked at the studio as well.

 

“Whatever, this trip was pretty useless.” Jinho growled as she drove out onto the road.

 

Min Hi sighed as she took out her phone. Out of boredom she looked through her pictures, smiling at some she had taken in the studio office. Posters of celebrities recording songs and articles about songs being number one on the charts flooded her phone. In the corner of her eye, she noticed something that didn't look like an article or poster. She zoomed in on the picture, her eyes getting big at what she saw.

 

“Jinho! Jinho! What is this?!” Min Hi yelled out as she hit Jinho on the arm repeatedly to get her attention.

 

“Min Hi stop it! I'm driving!” Jinho retorted as she pushed Min Hi's arm away. “What is what?”

 

“This!” Min Hi exclaimed as she put the phone in front of Jinho's face as Jinho tried to keep her eyes on the road.

 

Jinho brought Min Hi's arm down and the phone away from her face, “Min Hi. Do you want to get us killed? I need to see the road!”

 

“This is important though!” Min Hi yelled as her eyes were wide with curiosity and excitement. The street light turned red as Jinho stopped the car and reached for the phone.

 

“What's more important than our lives?” Jinho retorted as she looked at the picture.

 

“Just look at the picture!” Min Hi said hurriedly as her excitement made the car move up and down.

 

Jinho looked closely at the picture and her jaw dropped in shock. “This is the schedule for the studio's recording sessions!”

 

Min Hi smiled, “It is right?! That's what I thought!”

 

Jinho looked closer at the picture, a huge smile appearing on her face. “And look here, it says 'Byun couple' on the 5 PM time slot for tomorrow!” Jinho laughed as she realized the importance of the picture.

 

“I did good right?” Min Hi asked as she smiled proudly at herself. Jinho laughed as she nodded. Then suddenly, a car honked from behind them as both looked up at the street signal that flashed green.

 

“Oops.” Jinho chuckled as she drove forward again.

 


“Is it really okay for us not to be looking for information?” Ji Eul asked worriedly as Aaesook lay comfortably on the couch.

 

Aaesook smirked as she lay with her eyes closed, “I don't need to. If you want you can go on the computer over there and search some stuff.”

 

Ji Eul sighed as she headed toward the computer. She turned it on and pondered on what to search. “How do I find information on someone I only know the name of?”

 

Aaesook opened her eyes and sat up. She looked over at Ji Eul's confused expression, feeling bad for not helping her when she didn't really know what she was doing. She walked over and took her place in front of the computer, typing in a bunch of different words as well as including the name of Ji Eul's assignment, Kris. She frowned when not a lot of information came up.

 

“He must work in a really big and secretive company. I can't really get much information about him.” Aaesook admitted as she looked apologetically toward Ji Eul.

 

Ji Eul smiled, “It's okay. Thank you for trying.”

 

Aaesook smiled as she made her way back to the couch to lay down. “Oh yeah, can't you ask Ha Ni and Kyo Jin about the company later? Don't all three of your assignments work at the same company?” Aaesook questioned as she positioned herself on the couch.

 

Ji Eul nodded, “Yeah! I totally forgot.”

 

“Haha me too.” Aaesook replied as she looked up at the ceiling. Ji Eul looked at the clock that read 5:55 PM.

 

“I think I'm going to go wait outside for the rest of the girls, they should be coming soon.” Ji Eul stated as she got up to leave.

 

Aaesook watched her as she headed toward the door, “Alright. Don't get hurt now.”

 

Ji Eul grinned as she walked out the door as Aaesook watched her leave. Out of worry, Aaesook followed Ji Eul quietly out the door.

 

Ji Eul stood directly outside the cafe, looking left and right, waiting for the rest of the girls to show up. Then suddenly, a group of guys came out and bumped into her, causing her to fall to her knees and coffee to spill on one of the guy's shirt.

 

“What the hell was that for!” the guy yelled as his shirt was now drenched in dark coffee.

 

Ji Eul looked up from the floor and gasped, “I-I'm s-so sorry. I-I didn't mean too. I-I was just...”

 

“Shut up.” The guy grumbled as he glared at Ji Eul. At that moment, Jinho, Min Hi, Kyo Jin, and Ha Ni arrived at the front of the cafe. Ha Ni's eyes widened as she took slow confused steps toward Ji Eul.

 

“Ji Eul?” Ha Ni said softly when suddenly Aaesook appeared in front of her with arms blocking her from going any further.

 

Ha Ni looked up and frowned, “Aaesook what's going on? Let me through, Ji Eul's in trouble.”

 

Aaesook shook her head, “Let her be. Trust her.” Aaesook said seriously as she gave a look to Min Hi, Jinho, and Kyo Jin, who silently obeyed and watched Ji Eul quietly.

 

“You need to watch where you're going.” the guy grumbled as he wiped at his shirt, knowing the stain was never coming out.

 

Ji Eul stood up from the ground and stuttered, “I-I..B-but.”

 

“Hey man, it wasn't her fault. Just let it go.” the guy's friend reasoned as he nudged him in the arm.

 

The guy grumbled as he glared at Ji Eul, “It was her fault. Who the heck just stands in front of an entrance like an idiot.”

 

Ji Eul looked frightened as she looked toward the ground not knowing what to do, tears beginning to form in her eyes.

 

“Dude look she's about to cry. Just forget about it and let's leave.” the guy's friend commented as he looked sadly at Ji Eul.

 

“No, she's at least going to pay for something.” the guy confirmed as he took steps closer to Ji Eul. Suddenly, a group of three guys stood protectively in front of Ji Eul, blocking his way.

 

“You lay one hand on her and you're dead.” one of the three said seriously as he towered over the other, being significantly taller than the other.

 

“Woah there, I was just going to tell her to pay for my dry cleaning.” the first guy said defensively. “Let's go guys.” he said to his friends as they all walked toward another direction.

 

The tallest of the three guys faced Ji Eul, “Are you okay? The name's Sehun.” Ji Eul nodded as she kept her eyes to the floor.

 

“Do you need some tissues?” another with big animated eyes offered.

 

“Way to be prepared Kyungsoo.” Sehun chuckled as Kyungsoo smiled at him.

 

“Are your knees okay too?” another asked as he examined her knees.

 

“Suho, that's a bit creepy.” Kyungsoo stated as he laughed.

 

“What's creepy?” Suho responded confused.

 

Sehun just laughed, “Just, don't touch her man.” Suho got up and shrugged his shoulders. As they continued to talk, Min Hi, Jinho, Ha Ni, Kyo Jin, and Aaesook all made their way toward Ji Eul.

 

“Ji Eul are you okay?” Ha Ni asked worriedly as she embraced Ji Eul in a hug.

 

Ji Eul tensed as she nodded, “Umm Ha Ni?”

 

“Hmmm? Oh yeah.” Ha Ni remembered as she quickly pulled away from the hug. Ji Eul smiled as she looked toward the three guys, “Thank you for your help. I'm okay. I'll be going with my friends now.”

 

The three guys smiled as they made their way along the road. The girls also making their way inside the cafe and toward the “HQ.”

 

Aaesook chuckled as they walked, “I told you not to get hurt.”

 

Ji Eul looked down embarrassed, “Sorry.” Aaesook patted her on the back as they all arrived to the room and sat on the couch, all their attention still toward Ji Eul.

 

“Ji Eul are you really okay? Did you get hurt?” Kyo Jin questioned as she looked at Ji Eul.

 

“Yeah what happened?” Jinho asked as she looked worriedly at her.

 

Out of no where, Aaesook started laughing as she leaned against the wall, receiving weird looks from all the girls from doing so.

 

Min Hi frowned, “What's so funny Aaesook! Ji Eul could have gotten hurt! You're the one that said we shouldn't help either.”

 

“Who said you needed to be mentally and emotionally strong to be a part of W.R.A.T.H.” Aaesook said softly as she leaned on the wall and looked to the floor smiling.

 

They all looked at her confused as they processed what she said.

 

“What are you talking about Aaesook? You're not making any sense.” Kyo Jin commented as she frowned.

 

Aaesook looked up at Kyo Jin, “Aren't you the one that said you need to be mentally and emotionally strong to be a part of W.R.A.T.H.?”

 

Kyo Jin's eyes narrowed, “Yeah, why are you bringing that up now?”

 

Aaesook gestured toward Ji Eul, “Is she mentally and emotionally strong?” Ji Eul looked down embarrassed.

 

Kyo Jin sighed, “Well, not...really.”

 

“And yet what happened in this situation just a few minutes ago?” Aaesook continued to question as the smirk on her face got bigger.

 

“What do you mean what happened?” Kyo Jin frowned.

 

Aaesook smiled, “This is what I knew, that you guys didn't.”

 

“What are you talking about Aaesook?” Min Hi questioned, not liking that she didn't know what was going on.

 

Aaesook looked at Ji Eul, “This is Ji Eul's secret weapon.” she said simply, receiving yet another set of weird glances. “This is Ji Eul correct? Shy, quiet, someone who keeps to herself.” Everyone nodded their head in agreement. “Well we can't change that right? But we don't need to. She was herself and she didn't need us to protect her.”

 

Everyone looked toward Ji Eul as she smiled softly at all of them.

 

“Ji Eul's completely fine.” Aaesook continued. “Even without our help she got over something like this.”

 

“Correction. Three guys helped her get over this.” Jinho stated as she glanced at Ji Eul.

 

“Yes. True. Three guys that we weren't even assigned too.” Aaesook concluded and smiled toward Ji Eul. “Ji Eul's personality makes a perfect weapon for herself. Unlike us who are very assertive you know? Guys come to her.” Aaesook laughed to herself quietly, "It's always been like that."

 

The rest of the girls nodded in understanding. “I see. I guess you're right.” Kyo Jin admitted.

 

Aaesook joked, “Yes and you're wrong.”

 

Kyo Jin frowned, “No. My statement will always be true. Ji Eul is just a special case.” Kyo Jin reasoned, hating to admit she was wrong.

 

“Well anyway, let's go get dinner now. I'm starving!” Min Hi exclaimed as she got up. “We're 30 minutes behind from when we'd say we'd leave!”

 

As the girls got up to head out to eat, Ji Eul stopped in her place as she remembered something. Ha Ni noticing this turned to Ji Eul.

 

“Ji Eul, is something wrong?” Ha Ni asked as the rest of the girls also stopped and turned their attention back on Ji Eul.

 

“One of the three guys was someone one of us was assigned too.” Ji Eul said absentmindedly, still in thought of the name.

 

“Huh? Who?” Jinho asked curiously.

 

“Se...hun?” Ji Eul replied unsure.

 

Min Hi looked at her shocked, “That's my guy!”  

 


 

*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©