Chapter 3

Lovely Liars

“Thanks for coming here on short notice girls! I know you guys want to have a break right after your assignments but we can't help it if more assignments are requested.” Mi Young exclaimed as she smiled toward the four girls scattered around the room.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever.” Aaesook mumbled as she lay stretched out on the couch with her arm over her eyes.

 

“We don't have to be here until 5 though. Why couldn't we just come then? I could have been out with friends.” Jinho complained as she glanced toward the clock that read 2 PM. She groaned as she leaned into an arm chair and closed her eyes.

 

Ha Ni looked toward Jinho, “Are we not your friends? We can hang out together!”

 

Jinho glanced toward Ha Ni and smiled, “My other friends.” Ha Ni laughed, happy that Jinho considered her a friend after only meeting the day before.

 

Mi Young sighed, “Sorry girls, I wanted to explain some changes to you personally. This was the only time I had.

 

Ji Eul after being silent the first few minutes looked around the room, “Where's Min Hi and Kyo Jin though?” she asked quietly.

 

Jinho opened her eyes and looked toward Ji Eul in shock. “You spoke!”

 

Ha Ni chuckled, “You feeling more comfortable now Ji Eul?”

 

Ji Eul smiled and nodded, “Yeah. I'm trying my best to get use to things.” Aaesook looked toward Ji Eul and smiled at how hard Ji Eul was trying to adapt.

 

“They're actually at school.” Mi Young responded to Ji Eul. “They'll be done at around 3.”

 

Ha Ni looked at her shocked. “School? You mean like college?”

 

Jinho laughed and put an arm around Ha Ni's shoulder, “No, high school. How old did you think they were?”

 

Ha Ni stared wide eyed at Jinho then at everyone else. “High school? I thought they were in their twenties!”

 

“Min Hi is actually 17 and Kyo Jin is 18.” Jinho explained amused with Ha Ni's complete shock at the new information.

 

“That's just how mature they are.” Aaesook commented as she played with her fingers.

 

“Oh wow, a compliment out of you. That's new.” Jinho smirked

 

“I'm not always mean.” Aaesook chuckled. “Well, now that I think about it, Min Hi isn't that mature.”

 

Jinho laughed, “What happened to you're not always mean?”

 

Aaesook shrugged her shoulders, “Just being truthful. She's cute though.”

 

Everyone laughed as Ha Ni turned toward Aaesook and Jinho. “Then how old are you guys? I'm curious now.”

 

“I'm 19. I actually graduated high school last year.” Jinho answered giving her a peace sign.

 

“I'm 22.” Aaesook replied absentmindedly.

 

“Oh that's the same age as Ji Eul.” Ha Ni commented as she looked toward Ji Eul who was staring randomly at things in the room.

 

“I had a feeling we'd be the same age.” Aaesook said quietly as a smile appeared on her face. She looked up at Ha Ni, “How about you? How old are you?”

 

Ha Ni not able to catch what she said before the question just replied calmly, “Ohh I'm 23.” She laughed, “I guess I'm the oldest amongst everyone then.”

 

“Not exactly.” Mi Young said suddenly as she stood leaning against the wall. “Can we go back on topic now?” she asked smiling.

 

“Oops sure, sorry about that.” Ha Ni said apologetically.

 

“No problem.” Mi Young replied as everyone's attention was now on her.

 

“So before we talk about the new changes, I'm sure you guys want to know your assignments right?” Mi Young asked, her tone more professional than before.

 

The girls nodded their heads and waited in anticipation. Mi Young smiled as she looked to a clip board that was in her hand and flipped through the pages.

 

“So, Aaesook. Your next assignment's name is Luhan. He has been requested many times before so I I'm pretty sure he's a major playboy. I trust you'll do what you need to get this boy straight.” Mi Young said sternly as she looked toward Aaesook who was looking down and nodding her head in understanding.

 

Mi Young looked toward Jinho, “Jinho, Your assignments name is Byun Baekhyun. His parents are both famous singers so you'll probably have to watch out for the press.”

 

Jinho nodded her head and smiled, “This assignment is going to be fun.”

 

Mi Young smirked at her confidence and looked toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul.

 

“Ha Ni. Your assignments name is Kim Hyun Joong. He's a business man so you need to be careful.” Mi Young smiled as Ha Ni processed the information carefully. “I'm sure you'll do fine.” she said reassuringly as she looked toward Ji Eul.

 

“Ji Eul, same for you. Your assignment is a business man that goes by the name of Kris. He's known to be quite a player. Do you think you can do well?”

 

Ji Eul looked at Mi Young with determination in her eyes and nodded her head.

 

Mi Young laughed, “I'm confident you'll do great.”

 

Mi Young looked around the room to see the girls, determined and confident looks in their faces. “I'll be telling Kyo Jin and Min Hi their assignments when they get back.” Mi Young finished as she put the clip board to her side.

 

“Ahh you'll have new partners too.” Mi Young added, receiving weird glances from Aaesook and Jinho.

 

“Why? I've been working with Aaesook for a year. We know each others strengths and weaknesses. I'm pretty sure it's the same for Min Hi and Kyo Jin too.” Jinho questioned as Aaesook gave her the same concerned look she had.

 

“Yeah isn't this too sudden? ” Aaesook asked not wanting to change partners.

 

Mi Young shook her head, “If we want all of W.R.A.T.H. to grow we need to have some changes. It will benefit the growth of our new members too.” She smiled toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul who weren't sure how to respond.

 

“The time you guys get to prepare for your assignments will also be longer by a week. I want the old members to help the new members. You know, teach them, give them advice and stuff.” Mi Young continued. Suddenly, Mi Young's phone began to ring as she sighed to retrieve it.

 

“I'll have Nakita tell you guys your new partners later, along with more information on other things. I actually have to go right now.” Mi Young said quickly as she answered her phone.

 

“Wait there is more information even after everything you just told us?” Jinho questioned as Mi Young headed toward the door and spoke into her phone.

 

“Mhmm! You'll find out later.” Mi Young shouted as she dashed out the door.

 

Aaesook rolled her head in frustration, “A lot of new changes after getting two new members.”

 

Ji Eul looked toward Aaesook and frowned, “Sorry for the trouble.”

 

Aaesook looked up to see a frowning Ji Eul and stuttered, “Oh, sorry I didn't mean it like that. I just don't like change.”

 

Ji Eul smiled a little as she mumbled, “I know.”

 

Aaesook smirked, “Of course you do.”

 

Ha Ni and Jinho looked at the two with curious eyes but chose to ignore their odd conversation.

 

“So what do we do now?” Ha Ni asked Jinho.

 

Jinho shifted in her seat as she pondered what to do. “I guess we can talk a little bit more about how W.R.A.T.H. works. I'm sure you and Ji Eul are still pretty confused.”

 

Upon hearing her name Ji Eul looked up at Jinho, “That would be a lot of help I think. Thank you.” Jinho smiled at her politeness then got up.

 

“It's settled then. Aaesook and I will give you guys some small information on W.R.A.T.H. and how it runs.” Jinho confirmed as she looked toward Aaesook.

 

“Right now?” Aaesook whined as she hesitantly got up and stood next to Jinho.

 

Jinho smiled at Aaesook, “Mhmm! We'll go get Kyo Jin and Min Hi when they're done with school too.” Jinho gestured toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul to follow as all four of them headed out the door.

 

As soon as they stepped out the smell of coffee, tea, and pastries filled their noses. They walked through a small hallway that led to the cafe and walked in.

 

“I'm pretty sure you guys are already familiar with the cafe.” Jinho chuckled as she found an open table and sat down.

 

“Yeah, Ji Eul and I pass by it all the time to get to the room we were just in.” Ha Ni confirmed as she looked around the cafe, never really getting to see what it was like.

 

Jinho smiled, “Yup. This cafe is our home base. The room we were just in can be considered our HQ if you please.” She laughed as Aaesook sat quietly and doodled with her finger on the table.

 

Ji Eul looked around the cafe and noticed many different people. Guys, girls, couples, families were all gathered in the cafe. Her eyes burrowed in confusion. Jinho looked at Ji Eul then laughed.

 

“Ji Eul are you curious about something?” Jinho asked

 

Ji Eul looked up embarrassed, “Oh, umm. I was just wondering but, if this organization is to get back at heartbreakers why are there so many guys in here?”

 

Jinho looked around herself and shrugged, “It's a given there will be guys, they just don't know about what we do. Only girls do.”

 

Ji Eul nodded in understanding but was still a little confused. Aaesook stopped “doodling” on the table and looked up at Ha Ni and Ji Eul. “Are you guys curious as to how we get requests?”

 

Jinho patted Aaesook's back, “You feel like helping to explain now?”

 

“Don't want to feel useless.” Aaesook retorted as she pointed toward a counter near the entrance of the cafe. “Do you see that counter? The one with all the straws, napkins, and what not.”

 

Ji Eul and Ha Ni nodded as they stared at the counter, curious about it's purpose.

 

Aaesook smirked, “We get our requests from there. There's a stack of little cards there. You know those rating cards that restaurants have to see if they served well and stuff? It's kind of like that. So for girls who want to request, they pick up a card and write 'House Special' on it and write their number. We contact them, get the information, and off to work we go.” Aaesook finished as she leaned back in her chair.

 

Ha Ni looked at her and smiled, “Wow, that's interesting! But.” She paused. “What happens if a guy does that? How do you guys know a guy or girl wrote the card?”

 

Aaesook laughed, “We call the number and find out. If it's a guy we know he just did it for fun or copied another girl who wrote it. We send giftcards to guys and to the girls who didn't really request anyone too.”

 

“Yeah we have some clueless girls in this neighborhood.” Jinho added as she shook her head. “We have other people to deal with the cards though. People like Nikki work on those things while we do the actually assignments.”

 

“Wow, W.R.A.T.H. is a lot bigger and complicated than I thought.” Ha Ni said stunned.

 

Jinho and Aaesook laughed, “We are a secret organization, we gotta do what we gotta do.” Aaesook replied as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Ughh Luhan you're such a jerk!” A random girls voice yelled out as Aaesook, Jinho, Ji Eul, and Ha Ni turned to the sound of the voice. The said guy shrugged his shoulders and waved bye to the girl who yelled. The girl stormed out of the cafe in frustration.

 

The four girls looked to each other in shock. “Hey Aaesook isn't your assignment's name Luhan?” Jinho asked curiously as she took another glance at the guy relaxing and drinking his coffee.

 

Aaesook nodded her head and laughed, “Yeah. Lucky me, I know what he looks like now.”

 

Ha Ni sat there amused, “What a coincidence. I can see why he would get requested though. Seems like a major jerk.”

 

“Things will be different after I'm done with him.” Aaesook commented as she smirked.

 

“OOO, Aaesook's getting serious.” Jinho laughed as she put her arm around her shoulders.

 

“Shut up.” Aaesook laughed as she took one last glance at Luhan.

 

Jinho and Aaesook continued to bicker as Ha Ni looked around the cafe. The big words embroidered on the menu catching her attention. She turned to Jinho and Aaesook and asked, “I've been meaning to ask but what does L'abri mean?”

 

Jinho turned to Ha Ni, “Hmm you mean the name of this cafe?” Ha Ni nodded her head as she pointed toward the sign at the top of the menu, as well as the other places that had “L'abri Cafe” posted on it.

 

“It means 'The Shelter'.” Jinho stated as she looked around the cafe finding the words posted everywhere. “We want people to know that this place is somewhere they can feel safe, where they are protected from the the people that hurt them.”

 

“Well except for the guys.” Aaesook added in as she laughed.

 

Jinho looked at her then laughed as well. “True, except the guys. Since they're our targets in the first place.”

 

Ha Ni nodded her head as she whispered to the name herself, liking how it sounded.

 

As everyone continued to talk and joke Ji Eul looked to her phone clock that read 3 pm and nudged Ha Ni in the arm.

 

“Hmm Ji Eul what is it?” Ha Ni asked as she looked toward Ji Eul who was pointing at the time on her phone.

 

Ha Ni looked confused, “Yeah it's 3 pm. Is there something important you have to do?”

 

Ji Eul shook her head, “No no, just. Umm Kyo Jin and Min Hi?”

 

Aaesook and Jinho who watched the two converse understood what Ji Eul wanted to say.

 

“Ahh, Ji Eul's saying we should go pick up Kyo Jin and Min Hi.” Jinho laughed as she stood up from her chair. “Way to think of the others Ji Eul! I would've forgotten them and just let time pass me by.”

 

“And you say I'm the mean one.” Aaesook joked as she got out of her chair as well, Ji Eul and Ha Ni following soon after.

 

“Hey hey, I'm mean in a different way.” Jinho defended as she smirked and headed toward the exit.

 

They all walked out feeling the summer heat but the breeze of fall at the same time.

 

“Ahh the seasons are changing.” Jinho sighed as she spread her arms to feel the nice breeze.

 

At that moment a loud voice was heard as fast footsteps were charging toward them.

 

“Jinho!” Min Hi screamed as she hugged Jinho whose arms were already open wide from feeling the breeze.

 

Jinho stepped back a little, taken by surprise by the sudden impact. “Min Hi? Where did you come from? We were just about to get you.” she managed to say, chuckling and breathing a bit awkwardly from being hugged so suddenly.

 

“School ended early so we came here as fast as we could!” Min Hi said smiling up at Jinho. The other girls laughing at Min Hi's energy.

 

“We?” Aaesook questioned when she turned to see Kyo Jin half jogging toward them.

 

“Min Hi why didn't you wait for me! You now I have PE last and don't have as much energy!” Kyo Jin complained as she caught up with the group.

 

Min Hi got out of the hug with Jinho and scratched her head, “Sorry, I was just excited! We get to find out our assignments today!”

 

“Oh we were already told our assignments.” Ha Ni mentioned as she looked toward Kyo Jin and Min Hi.

 

Min Hi pouted and whined, “Awww! without us?” She crossed her arms. “Why didn't you wait?” she questioned.

 

“That's what I said about running.” Kyo Jin said irritably as she regained her breath and stood up straight.

 

“Haha like what you said Min Hi, we were too excited to know our assignments to wait.” Jinho teased as she poked Min Hi in the side.

 

Min Hi stood there as she continued to pout. Ji Eul laughed at her cuteness and reached into her bag, taking out a lollipop and handing it to Min Hi quietly.

 

Min Hi's eyes lit up as she happily took it. “Thank you Ji!”

 

Ji Eul smiled that Min Hi used her nickname and nodded her head.

 

“Well let's not just stand out here then. We should go back inside.” Kyo Jin suggested as she headed toward the cafe.

 

“We just walked out though.” Aaesook mumbled as everyone followed after Kyo Jin, walking into the cafe and making their way back to the HQ as Jinho called it before.

 

When the entered the room Nakita was already there, sitting and waiting for them to return.

 

“Oh hey guys! You're back!” Nakita yelled as she got up to greet everyone with a bow.

 

“No need to be so polite Nikki, we're all friends.” Kyo Jin assured as she took a seat on the couch.

 

Nakita smiled widely at her, “I'm glad you think that way!”

 

“Are you here to tell us the information Mi Young wasn't able to tell us? Jinho asked as she took a seat next to Kyo Jin.

 

“Mhmm! I have all the information for you guys right here.” she said as she held up the clip board. “Umm first off I'll tell Kyo Jin and Min Hi their assignments.”

 

“Yay! Finally!” Min Hi exclaimed as she stood in front of Nakita waiting for her to speak.

 

“So Min Hi you're assignment's name is Sehun. There's nothing really important you really need to know about him but it seems like he was a major jerk to his last girlfriend. Make sure to get him back for that.” Nakita said as Min Hi stood there smiling, nodding her head furiously.

 

Nakita then turned to Kyo jin, “Kyo Jin your assignment is a business man, similar to Ha Ni and Ji Eul. His name is Lee Taemin. Mi Young wanted me to mention that all three of your assignments work in the same company building. Just as a heads up.”

 

The three girls nodded their heads as they exchanged glances.

 

“I think the rest of you guys already have your assignments right?” Nakita questioned as each of them nodded their heads. “Good. Then the other thing I need to mention is your new partners.”

 

Kyo Jin and Min Hi looked at each other, “New partners?” they said at the same time.

 

“Just deal with it. It's what Mi Young wants.” Jinho said bluntly.

 

Kyo Jin and Min Hi looked at each and frowned but shook hands, “It was good working with you for a year Kyo Jin!” Min Hi yelled as a smile replaced her frown.

 

“Same to you Min Hi. Do well like usual.” Kyo Jin replied returning the smile.

 

“Gosh you guys are still going to see each other around, don't have to exaggerate it.” Aaesook scoffed as she looked to Nakita. “The partners please?”

 

Nakita nodded as she looked to the clip board again. “The new pairings will be Ha Ni and Kyo Jin, Min Hi and Jinho, and Ji Eul and Aaesook. Do I need to repeat it?” Nakita said as she looked to everyone. Everyone shook their head no as they all went to their respective partners.

 

“Haha this will be fun!” Min Hi exclaimed as she rushed over to Jinho and hugged her arm. “Hello new partner!”

 

Jinho laughed as patted Min Hi on the head, “Hi Min Hi.”

 

Min Hi shook her head as she looked up to Jinho, “Hey I'm not a dog, no patting!” Jinho laughed as she moved her hand back to her side.

 

“I'm looking forward to working with you! Please guide me well.” Ha Ni said as she reached out a hand to Kyo Jin. Kyo Jin took the hand and shook it, “Same to you. You don't have to be so formal, I'm pretty sure I'm younger than you.”

 

Ha Ni's mouth formed an O shape as she recalled the information she received earlier in the day, “That's right I am older!” She laughed as she put an arm around Kyo Jin, “Still take care of me well okay?”

 

Kyo Jin smiled and nodded her head, “Of course.”

 

Ji Eul looked toward Aaesook and smiled, “What a coincidence.”

 

“I know right.” Aaesook chuckled and gave Ji Eul a pat on the back.

 

“Okay guys! There's one more thing I need to tell you!” Nakita yelled out trying to get everyone's attention.

 

“What is it?” Kyo Jin asked confused at all the new information.

 

“So you know how you guys have a week to find out information on your assigned guys?” Nakita questioned. “For these assignments you guys are given two weeks. During these two weeks Mi Young and Hwanhee wants the old members to help the new. It's nothing big.”

 

“Ahh I see. It shouldn't be that complicating, I mean we've done this many times before.” Kyo Jin said not worried at all for what was to come.

 

Nakita smiled, “Yeah I'm sure you guys will do great.” Suddenly a knock was heard at the door and a new face appeared in the doorway.

 

“Umm Kang Jinho? Someone's looking for you outside.” the random worker said hesitantly.

 

Jinho looked weirdly at the worker and pointed to herself, “What? Me?”  

 


 

*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©