Chapter 4

Lovely Liars

“Who in the world wants to see me?” Jinho asked curiously as she walked toward the door. The worker shrugged her shoulders as she led Jinho outside to the person who wanted to talk with her.

 

Jinho walked through the small hallway and into the open area of the cafe. She looked for anyone who seemed familiar when she suddenly met eyes with another girl.

 

“Camrin?!” Jinho yelled as she ran up to the said girl and gave her a big hug. “Oh my gosh Camrin it is you! Where did you come from?”

 

Camrin pulled away from the hug then punched Jinho lightly in the arm, “From Paris, duh.” she said bluntly as she pulled Jinho in for another hug. Jinho smiled as she led her friend down to a table to sit.

 

“When did you come to Korea? Why didn't you tell me!” Jinho exclaimed as the happiness from seeing her best friend overwhelmed her.

 

Camrin laughed, “Doesn't matter if I told you or not! I'm here aren't I?” She smiled as she brought out a letter from her bag. “Oh, and this is from your parents. They'll said they'll be coming to Korean soon too!”

 

Jinho's eyes widened as she took the letter to read what it said. “I can't believe they're coming!” She yelled happily as she put the letter in her pocket and brought her attention back to Camrin. “What brought you here?”

 

“Pfft do you not want me here?” Camrin retorted but smiled again as she looked at Jinho. “I'm actually here for a job. I got hired to be a sports coach.”

 

Jinho smirked, “You would be hired to be a sport's coach! You're like blessed in every sport!”

 

Camrin shrugged her shoulders, “If it's my gift, I can't do anything about it.”

 

“What sport are you coaching?” Jinho asked curiously.

 

Camrin smiled as she looked up in thought, “Umm swimming, basketball, soccer, baseball, and tennis.”

 

Jinho looked at her shocked, “What the heck that's five sports! How are you going to coach five sports?!”

 

“I have my ways.” Camrin laughed then frowned a little. “I kind of need a place to stay though.”

 

Jinho chuckled, “Is that why you wanted to talk to me?”

 

“Hey no, I wanted to see my best friend!” she paused and grinned, “But if my only BEST friend in Korea was willing to open a space for me I'd be very thankful.”

 

Jinho laughed as she punched Camrin in the arm, “I got your back Camrin, don't worry about it.”

 

Camrin smiled at her and nodded her head, “I know, thanks Jinho.”

 

“No problem. I wont be able to take you now though so I'll give you my keys and address and you can wait for me there.” Jinho replied quickly as she went up to go get her keys from her bag.

 

“Oh wait Jinho. There's something else I need to tell you though!” Camrin yelled before Jinho could disappear into the hallway.

 

Jinho stopped and made her way back to the table with curious eyes, “What is it Camrin? Is something wrong?”

 

Camrin shook her head, “No, nothing. I just wanted to warn you about someone.”

 

Jinho gave Camrin weird glances as she asked, “Who?”

 

Do you remember Byunghoon?” Camrin asked quietly trying not to be heard.

 

“Umm the name sounds familiar, but I can't recall.” Jinho said shifting her head left in thought.

 

Camrin scoffed, “He's one of your many ex boyfriends.”

 

“You don't have to say it like that Camrin.” Jinho said a bit embarrassed.

 

“It's not my fault if it's true. You know you use to play around with boys all the time in Paris.” Camrin mentioned with no hesitation.

 

Jinho sighed, “I know, but I changed. Kind of. I mean. I don't play around with guys for fun anymore, only for different reasons. For good reasons.” Jinho tried to reason as she thought about how her job in W.R.A.T.H required her to play around with boys then break their hearts.

 

Camrin looked at her oddly before speaking again, “Well either way, his ex girlfriend came to Korea the same time I did.”

 

“What does that have to do with me?” Jinho asked confused.

 

Camrin sighed, “Well it turns out that Byunghoon cheated on that girl and she thinks it's all your fault. I guess she knew about how you played with guys and she thinks you influenced Byunghoon to cheat on her.”

 

Jinho looked at her in shock, “What? That... doesn't make sense.”

 

“I dont know Jinho, but that girl really seems to hate you. I heard she blames all her love problems on you.” Camrin confessed as a look of worry appeared on her face. “I just wanted to tell you to be careful. Since she's in Korea now she'll probably do anything to get back at you.”

 

Jinho nodded her head in understanding, “I see, thanks for telling me Camrin.”

 

“No problem. Just be careful alright? You know how girls full of hate are.” Camrin said as she shuddered at the thought.

 

Jinho let out a weak laugh, “Yeah I know. Oh, do you happen to know the name of the girl?”

 

Camrin nodded her head, “Yeah, her name is Isabell Richard. I thought I'd find that out for you just in case.”

 

“Thanks Camrin, you're the best.” Jinho smiled as she memorized the name to heart. “I'll go get you the key now so you can go to my house. I'm pretty sure you're exhausted from the plane ride.”

 

Camrin smiled in appreciation, “Oh my gosh you have no idea. Thanks Jinho. I won't mess up your house.” Jinho and Camrin laughed as Jinho dashed to the back, got her keys and headed back to where Camrin was sitting.

 

“Here, there's some left overs in the refrigerator from yesterday if you're hungry too.” Jinho said as she handed her the keys. “Oh and here.” Jinho took a napkin and pen and quickly wrote down her address and handed that to Camrin also. “Don't get lost now.”

 

Camrin laughed, “I wont. I'll see you later then.” She picked up her stuff and headed out of the cafe. Jinho waved to her and headed back toward the hallway into the room everyone else was in. She entered to be welcomed by awkward silence.

 

“Who was it?” Kyo Jin asked as she opened and closed a random book.

 

“It was just my best friend from Paris. Nothing major.” Jinho replied as she took a seat on the couch.

 

“You lived in Paris?” Ha Ni asked shocked.

 

“I was born there.” Jinho chuckled as she looked to everyone. “So what did you guys talk about while I was gone?”

 

Aaesook walked toward Jinho and put a hand on her shoulder, “We all decided to head out and start our research on our assignments. With our partners of course.”

 

Jinho nodded her head in understanding, “I see. Then I guess I'm going with Min Hi.”

 

“Yup.” Aaesook nodded as she made her way toward Ji Eul.

 

“Are we all leaving right now?” Min Hi questioned as she picked up her bag ready to leave.

 

“Yeah. We can all leave separately and meet up back here later.” Kyo Jin suggested as she looked at the clock. “It's 4:30 right now so let's meet up at around 6.”

 

Ha Ni clapped her hands in agreement, “Sounds good! Maybe we can all eat dinner together after we meet up too.”

 

Everyone smiled at the suggestion. “Hey not a bad idea. Sounds like fun.” Jinho said as she went to retrieve her bag.

 

“Alright then it's settled! See you guys all at 6.” Kyo Jin said as her and Ha Ni walked out of the room together, talking randomly about things.

 

“Ji Eul and I will be leaving too. A business man can have a lot of different information on him.” Aaesook said as she walked out, Ji Eul half running to keep up behind her.

 

“Where should we go then Min Hi? Do you want to find information on your assignment first or mine?” Jinho asked as she looked toward Min Hi for an answer. Min Hi rubbed her chin in thought before answering. “Let's go find information on yours first. I think information on a celebrity's son is easier to find then a normal boy.”

 

Jinho laughed, “Umm sure alright. If you say so.” With that they walked out of the room and headed toward the nearest music studio to find information on the celebrity singer's son, Byun Baekhyun.

 


“Where do you want to go look Ji Eul? I bet there is a lot of information we can find on business men.” Aaesook questioned as Ji Eul walked quietly beside her in the open city.

 

“Umm I don't know. I'm not really sure on what to do.” Ji Eul sighed.

 

Aaesook laughed, “Ohh yeah, since you're a new member.”

 

Ji Eul nodded, “Maybe we can look for information on your guy instead, Luhan right?”

 

Aaesook shook her head, “No need, I already saw what he looks like and I've seen guys like him before. I won't have a problem.”

 

“Oh.” Ji Eul replied, not knowing what else to say.

 

Aaesook looked toward Ji Eul with concern, “Are you sure you can do an assignment like this Ji Eul. You'll need a lot more courage than that.”

 

Ji Eul looked up at Aaesook, “I know, I know. I'm going to try my best.”

 

Aaeook shook her head, “Don't try too hard. Don't hurt yourself.”

 

Ji Eul smiled a little, “I know.”

 

Aaesook glanced at Ji Eul and gave her a pat on the back, “You'll be okay. You've gone through enough to be able to persevere through anything.”

 

Ji Eul nodded, “Mhmm.”

 


“Jinho where are we going again?” Min Hi whined as she sat in Jinho's car, playing with the window.

 

“We're going to a music studio, hopefully they can tell us some information about Baekhyun's parents, and even better, about Baekhyun.” Jinho said as she kept her eyes to the road.

 

Min Hi fidgeted in her seat as she watched buildings and cars go by. “I don't like just sitting here.” She sighed as she tried to find something to amuse herself.

Jinho laughed, “Just be patient Min Hi, we'll be there in 5 minutes.”

 

“Ughh.” Min Hi groaned as she slid down into her seat, her head not visible from the back.

 

“If you want you can practice your acting when we ask the studio people for information.” Jinho suggested as she sensed more and more of Min Hi's boredom. “You know, saying you need to information for school so they don't get suspicious of us.”

 

Min Hi shook her head, “I've been doing that so much I can act by heart. If I was really writing a report for school I should have so many different reports by now.” Min Hi mumbled as she continued to sink into her chair.

 

Jinho sighed, “How about a riddle?”

 

Min Hi sprung her chair and looked toward Jinho, “Ohh I like riddles!” Jinho laughed as she tried to think of good riddles to tell.

 

“Ahh so if I say 'Everything I tell you is a lie,' am I telling you the truth or a lie?” Jinho chuckled as she waited for Min Hi to answer.

 

“Ummmm, a lie?” Min Hi answered unsure.

 

“Correct!” Jinho exclaimed and smiled at Min Hi. “Here's another one. What's something that belongs to you but other people use it more than you do?”

 

Min Hi sat in thought, “Umm my phone?”

 

Jinho smirked, “Nope!”

 

“My...clothes?” Min Hi answered completely confused.

 

Jinho burst out into laughter, “Your clothes? You let people use your clothes more than you do?”

 

Min Hi looked down embarrassed, “No! I just.. I don't know the answer.”

 

“It's your name Min Hi. I use your name to talk to you a lot more than you ever do.” Jinho replied as she tried to stifle her laughter and focus on the road.

 

Min Hi pouted, “That was hard Jinho!”

 

Jinho looked at her and laughed, “It passed time though. We're here.”

 

Min Hi sighed as she got out of the car, “No riddles on the ride back.”

 


“Are you ready for everything W.R.A.T.H. has in store for you?” Kyo Jin asked as she sat in Ha Ni's car.

 

“Not really, I'm sure there are a lot of things I need to learn and I only have two weeks.” Ha Ni admitted as she looked toward the road.

 

Kyo Jin looked at Ha Ni with and encouraging smile, “Do want me to give you some advice as we're going? It might be helpful.”

 

Ha Ni smiled as she drove, “Haha I would really appreciate that.”

 

Kyo Jin rubbed her chin as she began to think of some helpful hints, “Umm well first off, you want to make sure you don't get too attached to the guy you're assigned to. Our job is to get revenge on the heartbreakers, not fall in love with them.”

 

Ha Ni laughed, “I think I would know that much Kyo Jin.”

 

Kyo Jin chuckled, “Just mentioning the basics.” She paused to think some more. “Oh and things like contact information, the organization has separate ones for us so you wont have to use your own. Just to be on the safe side.”

 

Ha Ni looked at her confused, “The organization has separate ones? What do you mean? Like separate email and phone numbers?”

 

Kyo Jin nodded. “Exactly. In the case of like stalkers and stuff.”

 

Ha Ni's eyes widened, “That's pretty scary.”

 

“Yeah, this organization deals with a bunch of different people. You'll get your fake email and number soon.” Kyo Jin replied as she boggled her head for more information. “Oh right, don't let the guys follow you home or anything, always suggest to go to their home instead. It won't be good if the guys know where you live after you break their hearts you know?”

 

Ha Ni nodded her head, processing all the advice Kyo Jin was giving her. “This is some pretty serious stuff.” She sighed as she continued to look ahead on the road.

 

Kyo Jin just smiled, “It is, you don't know how many different people recognize me on the street but I pretend not to know them. Oh yeah that's another thing. After you're done with the guy, you cut off all connection. You don't even acknowledge them.”

 

Ha Ni just continued to listen and take in the information. “Is there anything else?”

 

Kyo Jin closed her eyes in thought. “The last thing I can think of is to not introduce the guy to any of your friends or family, unless it's another W.RA.T.H. member. We don't want any other person getting hurt from what we do.”

 

Ha Ni took a deep breath and sighed, “That's a lot of information. Thank you though, I think it will help me a lot.”

 

“Don't mention it, I'm here to help you.” Kyo Jin smiled as she looked out the window. “Ohh I think we're here.”

 

Ha Ni stopped the car and parked it in front of a massive building. Kyo Jin looked at an address written on the paper and nodded, “Yup this is the place. I researched before and this is where my, yours, and Ji Eul's assignment works.

 

They both looked up at the building, amazed by its size. The building having the words “Samsung” posted at the top.

 

“So they work for Samsung. I'm pretty sure they're selfish and rich.” Kyo Jin guessed as she got out of the car. Ha Ni followed as Kyo Jin made her way to the entrance.

 

“Kyo Jin where are you going?” Ha Ni asked confused. “Are we going inside?”

 

Kyo Jin nodded, “Well we need to find information, not going to find anything on the outside of the building now are we?” She laughed as she proceeded to the door with Ha Ni following close behind.

 

They entered the building to find it filled with men in suits and workers rushing about. They made their way to the reception table where Kyo Jin smiled politely at the secretary. “Excuse me, can you by any chance point me toward Kim Hyun Joong's and Lee Taemin's office?”

 

The secretary gave Kyo Jin a suspicious look as she asked, “Do you have an appointment?”

 

Kyo Jin's polite smile stayed glued onto her face as she shook her head, “I'm afraid not but we'd like to ask them a few questions about their work here.” Ha Ni glanced at Kyo Jin, amazed by her professionalism.

 

“Well they're not available in their offices anyway so please come by another time.” the secretary finished bluntly as she made a motion to shoo them away.

 

Kyo Jin bowed, “Sorry for the trouble and thank you.” Kyo Jin linked arms with Ha Ni as Ha Ni also gave a quick bow. They walked away from the secretary and into a random food court located near where they were.

 

“Wow Kyo Jin you were so cool!” Ha Ni exclaimed as she watched the polite smile disappear from Kyo Jin's face.

 

“It's all in experience I guess.” Kyo Jin laughed as she dragged Ha Ni to sit at a random table in the food court area.

 

“So what do we do now?” Ha Ni asked. Kyo Jin sat to think as they suddenly heard two men's voices coming from the other side of their table.

 

“C'mon Hyun Joong, why don't you give this new software a chance? I think it will be a good!” A handsome young man persisted as he pushed some papers toward the said man.

 

“Taemin, I know you're really young and you just got into the business, but pushing new products and ideas don't always work.” the man who was obviously Hyun Joong responded.

 

Taemin sighed, “I don't know. I just have a good feeling.”

 

“At your age, you always get good feelings. But at my age, good feelings don't always cut it.” Hyun Joong replied annoyed. “Sometimes I don't understand how a 19 year old is working in a company like this.” Hyun Joong mumbled under his breath.

 

Taemin smiled at Hyun Joong, “I just got lucky.” Hyun Joong shook his head as the two continued to talk, Taemin trying to persuade and Hyun Joong persistently denying.

 

Kyo Jin and Ha Ni who heard everything had their eyes open in shock. “Well, umm, finding information was easier than I thought.” Ha Ni commented as she started to chuckle a bit.

 

Kyo Jin glanced back at Taemin, her assignment, then looked away. “He must be really smart to be part of the Samsung company at age 19.”

 

Ha Ni nodded, “I know right? Hyun Joong seems pretty smart too..and a bit stubborn.” Ha Ni continued to stare at Hyun Joong wondering how she was going to get someone like him to like someone like her.

 

As Ha Ni was watching Hyun Joong, he suddenly turned and made eye contact with Ha Ni. In shock Ha Ni looked away, embarrassed and mentally hitting herself for being so stupid. Then it happened, Ha Ni heard footsteps coming her way, as did Kyo Jin. They both turned in the direction of the footsteps to see Hyun Joong and Taemin walking up to them.

 

Ha Ni looked to Kyo Jin in worry, “Kyo Jin, what do we do?” She whispered hurriedly.

 

“Calm down and don't look scared or shocked. Just be quiet.” Kyo Jin whispered back as both men reached their table.

 

“Did you ladies want something?” 

 


 

*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©