Chapter 2

Lovely Liars

“We have new assignments already?” Aaesook complained as she sank to the floor. The exhaustion from her previous assignment taking over her.

 

“What about our two new members?” Kyo Jin questioned as she glanced toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul who sat on the couches not knowing how to respond to the sudden news.

 

The cafe worker nodded in acknowledgment, “We are very aware of them. Don't worry, you guys wont be starting right away.”

 

Everyone in the room let out sighs of relief as they relaxed their tense bodies.

 

“Good. We are nowhere near ready with two new members.” Jinho commented as she looked toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul. “Ohh, um no offense. I'm pretty sure your skills are amazing.”

 

Ha Ni snapped out of her shock and smiled, “Don't worry about it.”

 

Min Hi laughed, “I'm pretty sure we would have been fine! We are the main group after all.”

 

Kyo Jin walked up to Min Hi and wrapped her arm around her shoulder, “We still need every member to have some kind of knowledge before going out though.”

 

Min Hi pouted but pondered the thought, “Hmm that's true. We'll teach them then!”

 

“What?” Aaesook questioned, sitting up from her position on the floor.

 

The cafe worker laughed and smiled, “That's exactly what Mi Young and Hwanhee wants you guys to do.”

 

Aaesook looked up at the cafe worker, “And I repeat, What?”

 

“Aww Aaesook don't be such a downer, it'll be fun.” Jinho assured her. Aaesook just shrugged her shoulders as she closed her eyes and leaned against the wall.

 

“So what does Mi Young and Hwanhee have planned for us?” Kyo Jin asked walking up to the cafe worker. The cafe worker looked toward her clipboard and scanned it quickly before answering.

 

“Three of you will be faced with men from a business company. It's not confirmed what company or who they are just yet. The request was put in today.” she responded as she continued to read the clip board.

 

“Business workers? That's new. I've never dealt with business workers before.” Jinho admitted as she recalled all her assignments from the past. “I'm sure they'll be as easy as everyone else though.” she said nonchalantly.

 

The cafe worker looked up from her clip board and looked at Jinho, “Oh the business workers will be assigned to the two new members and Kyo Jin though.”

 

Kyo Jin looked at the cafe worker in concern. “Are you sure about that? Ha Ni and Ji Eul don't even know what they're doing just yet. Business workers seem a little too hard for their first assignment.”

 

The cafe worker smiled, “It's what Mi Young and Hwanhee wants. They said they'll learn from experience. She would like you to help them out along the way.”

 

Kyo Jin just stared at her in shock. “Ohh, umm I'll try my best then.” Kyo Jin muttered as she still tried to process the situation.

 

“Then who are our assignments?” Min Hi asked impatiently as she stared at the cafe worker, waiting for an answer.

 

The cafe worker looked back down at her clip board, “Hmm it hasn't been confirmed yet. The requests were placed today and they didn't give enough information. We're going to find out more tomorrow.”

 

Min Hi sighed in disappointment, “Oh. Okay then.” Ha Ni seeing her sad face patted Min Hi on the back as encouragement. Min Hi turned to see Ha Ni smiling at her and smiled back. “Thanks Ha Ni.”

 

“No problem!” Ha Ni replied, accent on full blast as Min Hi just smiled bigger upon hearing it.

 

“So what was the point of telling us all this if nothing is confirmed?” Aaesook questioned as she got up from the floor and walked over to the couch.

 

The cafe worker brought her attention to Aaesook then scratched her head, “I'm actually not so sure myself.” She laughed as everyone looked at her weirdly. “I know for sure there's something else though. I just don't... remember.”

 

“Ummm okay. Thanks for telling us.” Jinho said confused, not understanding if the past 10-15 minutes were worth it's time.

 

“Haha sorry, I'm actually new to the organization too. You'll be seeing a lot of me though.” She responded with a happy smile.

 

Kyo Jin as confused as ever looked toward the cafe worker. “Well, I guess it's time to get to now each other then am I right? What's your name?”

 

The cafe worker smiled. “Nakita, Choi Nakita. But you can call me Nikki.” She paused as she looked around everyone in the room. “I already know all your names though so you guys don't need to introduce yourselves.”

 

Aaesook gave her a weird look, “That's.. a bit creepy.”

 

Nakita laughed, “No no, I'm not a stalker! I'm just your guys' new, umm messenger/secretary/co-worker and just friend. I wanted to get myself familiar with you guys. You guys are really well known throughout the company! Well with the exception of the new members. But still.”

 

Min Hi walked up to Nakita and extended her arm, “Well nice to meet you! I'm looking forward to working with you!”

 

“Same goes to you Min Hi.” Nakita chuckled as she shook her hand. Min Hi laughed as they shook hands then pulled away.

 

“Well if there isn't anything else, is it okay for us to go home now?” Jinho asked, wishing so much to go home after a long day.

 

“Oh yeah, haha, I'm pretty sure you guys can go right now. Whatever I had to tell you I'll tell you guys tomorrow!” Nakita responded as she headed out the door first.

 

As the door closed all the girls looked at each other, “I don't know what to make of this moment.” Jinho confessed as the other girls nodded in agreement.

 

“She was nice though.” Ha Ni said as she stood up to leave. “Ji, we should head out now too.”

 

Ji Eul looked up from her position and nodded her head, springing up from the couch and following after Ha Ni.

 

“Do you guys live together or something?” Aaesook asked as she picked up the book she was reading before and put it in her bag.

 

“Oh no. I just give her rides. We're neighbors.” Ha Ni confirmed as Ji Eul nodded her head, motioning that the statement was true. “We'll see you guys tomorrow then!”

 

The door closed with a loud bang as the remaining four girls were left in the room.

 

“What do we do about the new members? Do you think they can do well with business men assignments?” Jinho asked quietly, looking at the door making sure that Ha Ni and Ji Eul wouldn't suddenly come back in.

 

“We just have to help them that's all.” Min Hi reassured as she followed Jinho and spoke softly.

 

“I'm worried about them.” Kyo Jin sighed as she looked toward the door. “They probably don't know the intensity of dealing with these assignments.”

 

“They'll learn from experience then, just like how Mi Young and Hwanhee wants them to learn.” Aaesook added as she gathered her things to get ready to leave herself.

 

“It's not something that simple though.” Kyo Jin reasoned. “They need to be ready mentally and emotionally.”

 

Aaesook laughed, “And you don't think they're capable of that?”

 

“Well.” Kyo Jin started. “Ha Ni maybe but I'm more worried about Ji Eul.”

 

Aaesook smiled, “Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Ji Eul will surprise all of us.” Aaesook turned and gave one last smirk to everyone before heading toward the door, “I'll see you guys all tomorrow.”

 

“Bye.” The three girls said in unison as Aaesook waved and walked out the door.

 

The remaining girls looked at each other confused.

 

“What do you think she meant by that?” Jinho asked

 

Kyo Jin shifted her head to the side, “Not sure, but seeing her smile like that seems like she knows something that we don't. We'll ask her about it more later.”

 

Jinho stretched her arms in the air as she let out a big yawn, “Well doesn't matter to me if I know what she knows or not.” She looked toward the clock that read 9:45 and sighed. “I think i'm going to head out too. Whatever you guys are going to talk about tell me later.” With that Jinho grabbed her bag and dashed out of the room, not waiting for either of them to respond.

 

The two watched and let out a small laugh, “Oh Jinho, always getting out of things she doesn't want to do.” Kyo Jin chuckled as she looked toward Min Hi who was rubbing her eyes in her own tiredness.

 

“Do you want to go home too Min Hi?” Kyo Jin asked nicely as Min Hi looked at her with tired eyes.

 

“Hmmm? Oh haha that would be nice.” Min Hi replied drowsily as her body started to sway back and forth.

 

Kyo Jin laughed, “I'll take you home. You're just like a drunk person when you're tired.” She grabbed Min Hi by the arm and led her out the door, turning off the light in the room as she left.

 


“So Ji Eul, what did you think of the other W.R.A.T.H. members?” Ha Ni asked as Ji Eul sat in the passenger seat of the car, looking out the window.

 

She shifted her head to look at Ha Ni, “They're all really nice.” She looked down at her fingernails and began to fidget with her fingers.

 

Ha Ni laughed as she focused her eyes toward the road, “Even Aaesook?”

 

Ji Eul's face softened as a smile appeared on her face, “Mhmm, even Aaessok.” Ha Ni noticed the change in tone of Ji Eul's voice and looked over at her, only to see she was looking out the window again.

 

Ha Ni looked back toward the road and just laughed, “Well I'm glad you think so. Do you think you'll be able to open up to all of them soon? You heard Nakita, we'll have to start our assignments soon.”

 

“Yeah I know.” Ji Eul nodded as she tried to process all that's happened today. “I'll try hard to. Do you think i'll be gone from home a lot because of W.R.A.T.H. though?”

 

Ha Ni pondered it a little before answering, “Maybe a little. Why? Are you worried about your parents?”

 

Ji Eul nodded, “I don't want to leave my dad home alone for too long. Even if I don't really talk to him in general.”

 

Ha Ni smiled at Ji Eul's consideration of her father, “Don't worry, I'm sure he'll understand. He'll be happy to see you getting more active.”

 

“I guess you're right.” Ji Eul admitted as she grasped her Winnie the Pooh keychain her father had given her.

 

“I'll be right here for them if you can't be. Don't worry.” Ha Ni reassured as she used her free hand to lightly hold Ji Eul's hands. Ji Eul jumped at the sudden contact but slowly relaxed and smiled.

 

“Thanks Ha Ni.” She said softly as she grasped the keychain even tighter.

 

“Don't mention it.” Ha Ni replied calmly as she pulled her hand away. “Just be ready for a lot of different experiences Ji. I'm sure there will be a lot starting tomorrow and you're going to be a big part of it. Just like Mi Young and Hwanhee said.”

 

“I'll prepare for it, don't worry.” Ji Eul said confidently. In the next few minutes Ha Ni pulled the car up to a driveway as they both got out of the car.

 

“Well I'll see you tomorrow then Ji Eul! I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun in W.R.A.T.H.” Ha Ni exclaimed as she watched Ji Eul walk right next door to her own home.

 

“Mhmm I'll see you!” Ji Eul said as she waved to Ha Ni.

 


“I'm home!” Aaesook yelled into the home as she took off her shoes and threw her bag on the floor. She made her way to the living room finding her dad and mom watching tv. She jumped onto the open couch and spread herself on it, taking up every bit of space it offered.

 

“You seem very relaxed today.” Her father Yong Gonwoo joked.

 

Aaesook let out a big sigh, “I finished another assignment today, of course I'm relaxed.” Her father smiled at her and leaned into the couch.

 

“You never talk about your work with me, why not talk about it?” Gonwoo persuaded, this being probably the 50th attempt to get something related to his daughters work out of her.

 

Aaesook looked toward her dad as she continued to lay lazily on the couch, “No thank you dad.” she teased as she stuck out her tongue. Her mother, Yong Ryelin laughed at her daughter's rebellious but playful attitude.

 

“Do you want some fruits Sookie?” Ryelin asked as she got up from the couch.

 

“Sure mom.” she replied

 

“Yong Aaesook! Sit correctly on the couch! Don't be selfish and take up the whole couch!” a shout was heard from afar.

 

Aaesook rolled her eyes, “Sungyeol you're such a girl! Calm down.” She positioned herself correctly on the couch as she saw her brother walk into the living room.

 

“You shouldn't leave your bag in front of the doorway either.” he continued as he took a seat next to her.

 

Aaesook laughed, “You're more like a mom than mom is.”

 

Sungyeol scoffed, “Hey, I'm the older one and I have to take responsibility of you.”

 

“Then what do mom and dad do?” Aaesook countered as she got up to pick up her bag.

 

“They pay for all our expenses.” Sungyeol responded, receiving a pillow thrown at him from their father. Aaesook laughed as she watched her father and brother start to playfully bicker. Her mother bringing in a plate of fruit a few moments later.

 

“Oh my what's this?” Ryelin chuckled as she saw the men of the house bickering. She put the plate down and slapped both in the back of the head.

 

“Oww.” Both yelled.

 

“Time for fruit!” she exclaimed as she put the plate in between them. Everyone in the room laughed as Aaesook quickly went to place her bag in her room before coming back out. She sat next to her brother and reached out to grab an apple that was cut up into nice bite size pieces.

 

She looked up to her family members happily eating fruit then cleared , gaining their attention. “Can I ask you guys something?” She said as she put another apple in .

 

“Hmm what is it Sook?” her mother asked curiously.

 

“Do you happen to remember the name of the family we helped with those medical bills a while back? Aaesook asked, now reaching for a melon in the plate of fruit and putting it in .

 

Her father looked to the ceiling in thought, “The Seo family I think. The mother of the family is very sick.”

 

Aaesook shook her head, “I know that much. Do you know the daughter's name?”

 

Her father, mother, and brother all looked, trying to remember the name of the daughter. Her brother's face suddenly lighting up. “Ji Eul! Seo Ji Eul.” He yelled as he pointed a victory finger toward Aaesook.

 

Aaesook smiled as she continued to eat fruit, “I thought so.”

 


 

*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©