Teaser #3

Lovely Liars

“Hwanhee it's been a while! How did you know I was coming to Korea today?” Mi Young said excitedly as she gave her a big smile.

 

“Oh, it just came up.” Hwanhee said with a weak laugh, still shocked from seeing her old friend.

 

Mi Young gave Hwanhee a big hug then retrieved the bags she had dropped in her happiness. “Let's go catch up or something! It will be on me.” she laughed as she dragged Hwanhee out of the airport with her free arm.

 

Hwanhee glanced at her child hood friend, seeing that she was as happy and cheerful as she had always been. “What do I do. Do I tell her what happened?” Hwanhee thought as she tried to process the situation. Suddenly, Mi Young stopped in her place.

 

“Oh gosh! Shin! I forgot! He was going to come pick me up.” Mi Young shouted as she dropped her bags and went to look for him. Hwanhee looked at Mi Young not knowing what to do, guilt coming over her as she watched her helplessly looking for him. Hwanhee walked over to Mi Young and grabbed her arm, receiving a weird look from the other. “What's wrong Hwanhee?” she said as she turned her attention to her.

 

Hwanhee placed her hand on Mi Young's shoulder, “He's not coming Mi Young. I actually heard about you coming to Korea from him.”

 

Mi Young looked at her confused then suddenly smiled, “Ahh so you're going to pick me up in his place?” she asked not waiting for her answer. “Then you should have told me! I looked stupid looking for him.” she chuckled as she headed back to where she left her bags. Hwanhee walked after her, sadly smiling at the positive attitude always coming from Mi Young.

 

Hwanhee stood next to Mi Young as she gathered her things, reaching out to grab one of the bags herself. “Mi Young? Do you think we can go somewhere to talk.” Hwanhee questioned as she grabbed a duffel and wrapped the strap around her shoulder.

 

“Mhmm! Where do you want to go?” Mi Young asked as she grabbed her suitcase and purse. “Did you come by car? We can go drive around and find a cafe.” she exclaimed, obviously happy to be back in Korea.

 

Hwanhee laughed softly, “No, I came by subway because I was in a hurry. Is it possible to go somewhere more private?”

 

Mi Young, not really understanding why Hwanhee seemed so serious gave her a comforting smile, “We can go to my house then. I'll have someone send a car.” she said reaching into her purse and dialing a number.

 

“Send a car?” Hwanhee asked surprised, not knowing Mi Young had those kind of connections. Mi Young hung up her phone and looked at Hwanhee, smiling at her with a cheeky smile. In about 15 minutes a Mercedes Benz drove up to the entrance of the airport in front of where they were standing. The driver walked out, along with another man in the passenger seat. One opening the door for Mi Young and the other taking her bags to the trunk.

 

Mi Young sighed, “Why the Benz..I would have preferred the Porsche.” She walked toward the car shaking her head as she went. Hwanhee watched Mi Young with hanging open, not knowing what to say.

 

“Come on Hwanhee! You look so awkward standing there!” Mi Young shouted as she got into the car.

 

Hwanhee rushed over to the car and got in the back with Mi Young. She looked out the window, seeing everyone in the airport whispering, talking, and pointing at the Mercedes Benz. In a blink of an eye, the crowd was gone as the Benz sped of out of the airport and in the direction of Mi Young's home.

 

In 10 minutes, the car came to a stop and the driver got out of the car to open the door. Mi Young stepped out of the car, looking up at the home she dearly missed. Hwanhee slipped out after Mi Young. After they both got out of the car the driver returned to the driver's seat and drove off. Hwanhee watched the car leave, then turned her attention toward the house. Shock did not come over her like it did when she saw the Benz, but a different feeling she couldn't describe. Confusion perhaps?

 

The building was 2 stories high, a little walkway lined with beautiful flowers leading to the entrance. It was not a mansion or anything special. It was just a home, more advanced then what people would deem “normal” but still not a home one would expect someone with a Mercedes Benz and a Porsche to have.

 

“Want to go inside? Mi Young said happily, already at the door to her house and placing the key in the lock to open it. Hwanhee walked to the entrance, not knowing how to react to the home, the cars, and Mi Young herself.

 

As soon as the door opened, the never ending surprises continued. As soon as Hwanhee walked in, a double staircase leading to the second floor stood in front of her eyes. The floors lined with granite tiles. An arched doorway between the staircases, opened a way to the rest of the house. Straight through the doorway was the living room, with leather couches, two plasma screens, random modern day sculptures, shelves filled with books, CDS, movies, and amazing paintings lining the wall. To the right opened a hallway to more rooms, possibly bedrooms, work rooms, and bathrooms. To the left was a hallway, splitting into two rooms connected together, but separated by a glass wall. The left of that was the kitchen, complete with marble counters and advanced looking cooking technology. To the right was the dining room, a long dining table set on one side and a plasma tv hung on the wall on the opposite side. A door in between the table and television lead outside, where a huge swimming pool was found. Sets of cafe style tables and chairs spread across the patio area. A grass field on the other side with a fountain and enough space to play a soccer game. Yes, the inside of the house was completely different from the outside.

 

“Are you done touring?” Mi Young laughed as she went into the kitchen to get herself something to drink.

 

Hwanhee laughed too as she made her way to the kitchen, “I didn't know you were so well off Mi Young.” she responded, nudging her in the side.

 

“Surprises are fun aren't they?” Mi Young teased as she put down her glass and made her way to the living room.

 

Hwanhee recalled the surprise of finding out Mi Young was “Mi” and softly said, “They sure are.” She followed Mi Young to the living room and took a seat on a couch, sinking into its comfortable cushions and smooth surface. Hwanhee continued to look around the house, not knowing what to say. She couldn't even imagine what the second floor looked like after seeing the first.

 

“Is something wrong?” Mi Young asked laughing at the way Hwanhee was acting.

 

Hwanhee looked away from everything around her, “It's just not something I expected.”

 

Mi Young got up and fidgeted with the random things sitting on the shelves, “What? Me being rich?” She laughed as she went back to her seat, bringing a picture frame with her. She put it on the coffee table in front of her, placing it so that Hwanhee could see the picture.

 

“Those are my parents. My mom's a doctor here in Korea and my dad's a CEO of a company in America. I go to America often to learn about business from my dad, as well as to visit him.” Mi Young explained as she smiled at the picture of her parents.

 

“Dang I didn't know.” Hwanhee said in awe.

 

“There's probably a lot of things we don't know about each other.” Mi Young sighed as Hwanhee wondered what she meant but chose to save the question for later.

 

Hwanhee looked around some more and found a painting of Mi Young's house on the wall. “Oh yeah, why is it like that?” Hwanhee pondered, pointing to the painting.

 

“Why is what like what?” Mi Young wondered as she turned to where Hwanhee was pointing.

 

“Your house. Why is your house so simple looking on the outside and on the inside it's like...this.” Hwanhee questioned as she gestured toward the house. She looked toward Mi Young for an answer.

 

Mi Young looked down and played with her fingers, “I like the cozy feeling you get. You know, from the look of the house?”

 

“No, really why?” Hwanhee asked, knowing that there had to be a different reason.

 

“Haha. You're so persistent.” Mi Young said as she smiled at Hwanhee. She looked up at the painting herself and said softly, “to be honest, it's because it keeps me safe from the insincere ones, the ones who would use me for my money.” Her face darkened, “I don't want it to happen to me again.” Hwanhee stared at her, feeling bad that because of her wealth she had been used many times.

 

Mi Young looked back up at Hwanhee, the dark sorrow gone from her face and a happy smile replacing it. “Haha yeah, So what did you want to talk about?” Mi Young asked curiously.

 

Hwanhee looked up at her, “Oh. Umm.” Hwanhee stuttered as she tried to get out the words. After hearing her story she didn't want to be the cause of bringing more bad news. She knew she had to say something though. She took a deep breath and softly said, “It's about Shin.” Mi Young's face expression did not change at all. She continued to look at Hwanhee with a smiling face, then suddenly got up and walked over to one of the shelves.

 

“Is it about...him cheating?” Mi Young said quietly not facing Hwanhee and fidgeting with some books on the shelves.

 

Hwanhee looked up at Mi Young with wide eyes, “How many surprises can a girl take in one day.” she thought to herself as Mi Young turned to sit back down.

 

“I...already knew.” Mi Young said quietly looking down into her lap. Hwanhee eyed her, not knowing how to respond. Mi Young picked up her purse and took out a little notebook and handed it to Hwanhee, “This explains how I know.”

 

Hwanhee took the notebook and opened it, finding a folded letter wedged into the pages. She took it out and read it. “There's..nothing written that says he cheated though.” Hwanhee said confused as she finished reading the letter that asked Mi Young how she was, thanking her for helping out with something, and when she'll be coming back to Korea.

 

Mi Young frowned as she continued to look down, “Smell the letter.”

 

“Huh?” Hwanhee said as she was taken back by her sudden words. She looked at the letter and brought it to her nose, smelling it. A faint smell of a sweet perfume lingered on the paper.

 

“There's a sweet smell.” Hwanhee said absentmindedly. “Is it your perfume?” she asked as she saw Mi Young mouth the words no. Not completely understanding, Hwanhee stared at the letter when it suddenly hit her, her realization showing completely in her face.

 

Mi Young looked up at her and saw her expression. She let out a small laugh. “It's funny you know. He doesn't have any parents and he needed money, so I helped him. He said he really appreciated it. He said that he'll make it up to me. He said he'll take care of me when I got back. He said...” she paused as tears started to form in her eyes. “He said a lot of things.”

 

Hwanhee looked at Mi Young who was crying now, as tears started to form in her own eyes. The memories of Kwangho returning, the anger returning, the hurt taking over her.

 

“I.. I wanted so much to do something. To get back at him. But.. I couldn't do it. I can't do it. I-I thought he was different.” Mi Young said as a look of regret and anger appeared in her face. Hwanhee looked up at her, eyes a bit red from her own crying. She got up from her seat and wrapped her arms around Mi Young's shoulders.

 

“It's okay. It's okay.” Hwanhee said as she felt herself calm down.

 

“No. No it's not. He.. he needs to be....pun-” Mi Young stuttered as her crying made it difficult to talk.

 

Hwanhee moved to the front of Mi Young and lifted her face up so that she can look right at her. “It's okay. It's your lucky day because he already got punished.” Hwanhee chuckled as she gave Mi Young a reassuring smile.

 

Mi Young stared directly at Hwanhee confused but started to calm down little by little. “Wh-what do you mean already? When? How?” Mi Young asked so quickly that it sounded like a big mess of words.

 

“Today.” Hwanhee laughed as she smiled at her friend. “I overheard your phone call with him and saw him with the girl. I got mad so I-” she paused as she smiled back at the scene, “I spilled my drink over him and made a big scene. I probably embarrassed him for life.”

 

“You, did that all for me?” Mi Young asked touched as the last of her tears stopped and a small smile started to appear on her face.

 

Hwanhee laughed, “I didn't actually know it was you till I saw you at the airport. But I'd do it for anybody.” She paused as she got lost in her thoughts. “It would be awesome if I could get back at every heartbreaker out there.” she pondered the idea as Mi Young laughed and smiled, completely satisfied knowing that Shin got what he deserved.

 

“Hwanhee, thank you so much.” Mi Young said as she was now calm, her happy smile and bright eyes returning. “I wish I was there to see it.”

 

“It wasn't much. If I knew it was you that he cheated on I would have done something bigger.” Hwanhee said as she got up from her position in front of Mi Young. “There is something else I want to ask you though.” Hwanhee said as she walked toward the bathroom to wash her face.

 

Mi Young followed her, needing to wash her own face as well, “What is it?”

 

“Do your parents send you money often?” Hwanhee asked as she the faucet and began to wet her hands.

 

Mi Young thought about it for a moment, “Yeah. They actually give me money whenever I ask. They know I wont use it for stupid reasons. Why?”

 

Hwanhee lifted her head from the faucet as her face was wet with water, “It was just. I was wondering if the money you get could be used for..some project I just thought of.”

 

Mi Young looked at her confused, handing Hwanhee a towel to dry her face, “What project? Like a science one?” Mi Young moved toward the sink to start washing her own face.

 

“Haha no. A revenge one.” Hwanhee answered with a smirk on her face. Mi Young jerked her head up from the faucet and gave Hwanhee a weird look, “Revenge? What?”

 

“A club, an organization maybe, to get back at heartbreakers like Shin.” Hwanhee informed as the idea became more and more appealing to her ears.

 

“Why do you want to do something like that?” Mi Young questioned and looked closely at Hwanhee, “Did.. something happen to you too?”

 

Hwanhee smirked, “Yeah you can say that. And I just think guys need to learn a lesson or two. Get played at their own game.”

 

Mi Young considered the idea and smiled, “Haha it actually sounds pretty interesting. Let's do it. What would you call it?”

 

Hwanhee thought about it for a moment, “Oh I got it! The Women's Revenge Against Troublesome Heartbreakers!” she shouted, excited and proud of the name.

 

Mi Young laughed not knowing how to react to the name, “Uhh doesn't the first letter of each word spell out W.R.A.T.H.?”

 

“Yeah, that's the point.” Hwanhee said as she crossed her arms, full of confidence in the name.

 

“That's a bit lame don't you think?” Mi Young confessed as Hwanhee frowned, unhappy that her 'wonderful' name was not getting credit.

 

“No. I like it and we're sticking with it.” Hwanhee mumbled as she made her way back toward the living room.

 

“Haha whatever you say Hwanhee,” Mi Young giggled as she followed Hwanhee back into the living room.


 

*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©