Chapter 1

Lovely Liars

“Kyo Jin, what time is it?” Min Hi asked as she lay upside down on a couch, feet hanging over the top and hair falling gracefully across the bottom.

 

Kyo Jin shifted her head toward the clock, “It's 8:30 Min Hi, why?” Kyo Jin gave out a big sigh as she picked up a manga book and began to read.

 

Min Hi moved from her position, now sitting upright on the couch, “Where's Jin Ho and Aaesook?” she questioned. “They were suppose to be back 30 minutes ago! I'm mad.” Min Hi pouted as she got up from the couch and paced around, hating sitting still for more than 2 minutes.

 

Kyo Jin fidgeted with her book as she moved her head side to side, taking deep breaths as she did so. “I don't know Min Hi, just calm down.”

 

Min Hi turned and frowned, “Don't tell me to calm down! I know you're just as irritated that they're not here yet!” Min Hi walked around the room looking for something to amuse her, mumbling incoherent words while she walked.

 

“I know. Just. Shhh.” Kyo Jin admitted as she continued to fidget as her irritation grew slowly.

 

At that moment the door burst open, two girls at the doorway.

 

“We have arrived!” Jinho exclaimed loudly as she flipped her hair to the side as she walked in. Aaesook followed soon after, rolling her eyes at the loud remark.

 

“Jinho! Aaesook! What took you so long!” Min Hi yelled as she ran over to them and hit both of them in the arm.

 

Jinho rubbed the place where she got hit and smiled, “Don't blame me, Aaesook's last assignment was a clingy one.” She shrugged her shoulders as she pointed to Aaesook now sitting quietly on the couch, tired from trying to get away from her clingy assignment.

 

“Don't talk to me or i'll hurt you.” Aaesook said coldly as she leaned back on the couch, closing her eyes.

 

Min Hi pouted from the rude remark but let it go, knowing Aaesook was like this normally. Min Hi turned her attention back to Jinho who was now smiling into a mirror and playing with her hair.

 

“You could at least apologize for coming late.” Min Hi commented. “I would've been home by now if we were all here early and checked out together.” Min Hi complained as she crossed her arms, glaring hard at Jinho.

 

Jinho turned toward Min Hi and gave her a big smile, “I did bring an apology. Go look in my bag.”

 

Min Hi looked at her confused, “You brought an apology?” Min Hi walked over to the Jinho's bag that was dropped next to the couch. She opened the bag and the delicious smell of cream puffs filled the room.

 

Min Hi's eyes grew wide as she grabbed the pastries and ran over to Jinho and gave her a hug, “OMG CREAM PUFFS! THANK YOU!”

 

Jinho laughed as she got out of the hug and walked over to her now abandoned bag and picked it up, “I thought you might like those so we just stopped by to pick a couple up.”

 

Min Hi had already eaten a few when she walked up to Kyo Jin, “Do you want some Kyo Jin? They're really good!”

 

Kyo Jin just chuckled, “What happened to being mad?”

 

“Food solves any problem.” Min Hi confirmed as she stuffed another cream puff into .

 

Kyo Jin smiled at Min Hi's child like mindset and sat next to Jinho on the couch. “How was your assignment?”

 

“Sooo easy.” Jinho said confidently. “They should lower the time limit to finish assignments from two months to one. I'm skilled at this kind of stuff Kyo Jin. I'm like the MVP of the W.RA.T.H. Organization.”

 

“Oh really now?” Kyo Jin smirked. “And how about Mi Young and Hwanhee?”

 

Jinho looked at Kyo Jin and frowned, “Well they're different. They're the founders.”

 

Kyo Jin laughed, “Yeah I guess, but you have to admit, they are amazing.”

 

“Of course they are, they're like our sunbae-nims.” Jinho stated, playing with her fingernails.

 

“They are our sunbae-nims Jinho.” Kyo Jin replied half laughing.

 

“Whatever.” Jinho grumbled as she sat quietly.

 

“Who do you think the new girls are going to be?” Aaesook, who was sitting on the same couch that Kyo Jin and Jinho were on asked suddenly.

 

Kyo Jin smiled and teased, “Why are you suddenly willing to talk? Are you over the incident from tonight?

 

Aaesook frowned, “I just wanted to know, gosh. You're annoying.”

 

Kyo Jin and Jinho looked at each other and smiled, “We were just joking Sook. Chill out.”

 

“Bleh.” Aaesook retorted in response. She looked toward them and just gave them an irritated look. “I don't want any new members, just keep Mi Young and Hwanhee.”

 

“Hey hey, let's not look down on the new members. You know Mi Young and Hwanhee needs to run the organization.” Kyo Jin reasoned.

 

“Yeah, and who knows the new girls can be great for all we know.” Jinho addeed.

 

“I really want to meet them!” Min Hi exclaimed out of nowhere, running toward where they were all sitting.

 

All three girls looked toward Min Hi and began to laugh at her kiddish nature. Even Aaesook smirking a little.

 

“What did I do?” Min Hi asked as she still had some cream left on her lips.

 

“Nothing.” Jinho replied as she stifled a laugh.

 

The door opened suddenly as Mi Young and Hwanhee walked in, followed by two other girls that did not look familiar at all.

 

“Hey girls! Long time no talk.” Mi Young exclaimed smiling widely at them.

 

“Mi Young! How's business and stuff?” Min Hi asked, happy to see her.

 

“It's going great! Hwanhee is doing a lot better than expected too.” Mi Young laughed as she turned to Hwanhee.

 

“Hey, don't look down on me. I'm a fast learner. Business work isn't as hard as I thought either.” Hwanhee replied smiling and looking to the four girls, remembering the times she had worked side by side with them.

 

Mi Young nodded in acknowledgment and turned toward the four girls again. “I just wanted to introduce you to your new group teammates before you leave for tonight.”

 

Hwanhee turned and grabbed the two new girls arms and pushed them forward.

 

The two girls stood there. One with her head down and fidgeting with her fingers and the other smiling at everyone widely.

 

“Hi everyone. The name is Ha Ni, but you can call me Nini” the smiling girl said, a rich country accent seeping through her words.

 

The four other girls looked at her shocked then tried very hard to stop from laughing. Ha Ni seeing this smiled even bigger. “I don't mind if you laugh. I'm proud of it!” With that, the girls burst out in giggles, with the exception of Aaesook who just smiled, as Ha Ni shrugged her shoulders and turned toward the girl next to her. “Say something.”

 

The quiet girl looked up as she bowed to everyone in front of her, “Hello. My name is Seo Ji Eul. Nice to meet you.”

 

The other girls stopped their giggling and looked up to the quiet girl.

 

“Nice to meet both of you.” Kyo Jin said, standing up from her seat, still trying to hold back some laughter. “My name is Kyo Jin. If you want you can call me Toki. That's my nickname.” She smiled at them as she turned to the other three, telling them to introduce themselves too.

 

Jinho took a step forward and flipped her hair, “I'm Jinho, you can call me Jenny.”

 

“My names Min Hi! Or you could call me Aimee. Or Panda. Or well any thing you want.” Min Hi yelled out, smiling widely at the two new girls.

 

Aaesook glared at Min Hi, “You don't have to talk so much Min Hi.” Min Hi pouted and looked away. Kyo Jin seeing this gave her some candy, making Min Hi immediately happy again.

 

Aaesook turned her attention toward Ji Eul and Ha Ni. “My name is Aaesook. I guess you can call me Sook.”

 

Ha Ni smiled, “Nice to meet all of ya.” Her accent coming off clearly as it did before.

 

Mi Young and Hwanhee watched them all quietly then headed toward the door. Min Hi noticed them before they could completely leave.

 

“Bye Mi Young and Hwanhee! See you later!” Min Hi yelled before they waved and closed the door.

 

“You're really loud, be quiet.” Aaesook grumbled as she took a seat back down on the couch. Min Hi shrugged her shoulders as she walked toward the other couch.

 

Jinho smiled again as she looked toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul to sit down, “You don't have to stand there. Come and sit.” Ha Ni walked over to the couch and positioned herself in between Aaesook and KyoJin. Ji Eul hesitantly walked over to the couch opposite and sat at the edge where Min Hi happily sat next to her, followed by Jinho.

 

“What brought you to become a part of W.R.A.T.H.?” Kyo Jin questioned as she gave short glances toward Ha Ni and Ji Eul.

 

Ha Ni laughed, “I'm pretty sure we all have our reasons.” She smiled as she looked toward Aaesook whose attention was not toward them but now into reading a book that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. Ha Ni bent her head to look Aaesook in the face. “Hi. Nice to meet you.” Ha Ni said as she tried to get her attention.

 

Aaesook turned to see Ha Ni's face right in front of hers and backed away. “Can you get your face out of mine?” She grumbled as she closed her book and stood up. “You and your accent is quite annoying.”

 

Min Hi frowned as she faced Ha Ni, “Don't mind her. She's always like that.” Min Hi sighed as she looked more apologetic of Aaesook's actions then Aaesook herself.

 

Ha Ni just smiled, “No worries. I get that all the time.” Ha Ni looked toward Ji Eul and smiled. “Hey Ji want to say something?” Ha Ni asked encouragingly.

 

Ji Eul looked at everyone staring at her and just bowed apologetically. “Sorry, I just need some time getting use to things.”

 

Jinho smiled, “No problem. Take all the time you need. Just hurry before an assignment comes.” Kyo Jin laughed at Jinho's remark as she turned toward Ha Ni, seeing she can get more from talking to her.

 

“So, not to be rude, but do you happen to know why Hwanhee and Mi Young placed you in this group?” Kyo Jin asked.

 

“Haha, you're not being rude at all.” Ha Ni answered comfortably. “They wanted more softer personalities here as opposed to the very strong ones that are already in this group.”

 

“That makes sense.” Kyo Jin acknowledged as she looked toward Aaesook, Jinho, and Min Hi, seeing they were all very strong willed as Ha Ni mentioned.

 

“You seemed to be very strong willed though.” Jinho commented as she looked Ha Ni over.

 

Ha Ni nodded her head in agreement, “I think so too! I'm just a bit different if you know what I mean.”

 

The girls, excluding Aaesook and Ji Eul laughed, understanding completely that a country girl was a very new addition to the main group of W.R.A.T.H.

 

“Well is there anything you want to know about W.R.A.T.H.? You guys seem fairly new to our business.” Jinho questioned, wondering in the back of her head if these two girls would be able to do what they've been doing for the past few years.

 

“We have an idea. I'm sure you'll help us out too.” Ha Ni replied.

 

“How about you?” Min Hi asked Ji Eul. Ji Eul looked up, face filled with shock. Ha Ni laughed.

 

“Give her a day or two. She's a bit shy.” Ha Ni smiled as Ji Eul put her head back down.

 

“No kidding.” Aaesook finally mumbled after minutes of saying nothing at all.

 

A knock was heard at the door as the door opened slowly and a cafe worker with a clip board in hand appeared in the doorway.

 

“Girls, we have new assignments for you.” the worker said seriously.

 

“Already?!”

 


*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©