Teaser #1

Lovely Liars

"Lee Hwanhee. Did you really call me at 3 in the morning for this?" a handsome young man growled as he glared at the woman in front of him. He eyed the plane ticket and letter sitting on the coffee table between them, his eyes suddenly filling with guilt, anger, and annoyance.

Hwanhee scoffed with both arms and legs crossed, "You'd be gone by this morning anyway. Right? Kwangho?"

Kwangho looked up irritably but with a little amusement in his voice, “What happened to calling me Kwang? You loved calling me that, since you know I don't like my name.” he smirked as he leaned back in his chair.

Hwanhee scoffed as she leaned forward into his face, “It's your name, isn't it? KWANG – HO.” She glared into his eyes, her own eyes filled with anger and intention to harm his pretty little face.

“You're annoying you know that?” Kwangho grumbled as he turned his head and waved his hand in front of her to get her face away from his own. Hwanhee returned to her previous position and just glared at him, not saying a single word.

Kwangho looked up to the silent Hwanhee, “What the hell did you want with me anyway?” Hwanhee just looked at him in disbelief. She leaned forward to grab the plane ticket and letter and threw it toward him, “An explanation.”

The plane ticket and letter fell quietly onto his lap as he just stared at it. His eyes not daring to look up toward Hwanhee. He knew from the beginning what all this was about. He never hoped it would turn out like this.

“You seem to already know the situation though.” Kwangho replied bluntly, still looking down into his lap.

“Oh yeah, of course I do. You're going to leave me to go to America for this other wonderful girl and you're really sorry, right?” Hwanhee retorted as her calmness slowly disappeared.

Kwangho sighed, “See, you do already know.” He got up, letting the plane ticket and letter fall onto the floor. “There's nothing else that needs to be explained.”

Hwanhee looked at him dumbfounded. The built up anger took over as she grabbed his shirt and screamed in his face, “That's it? You played me from the start, you used me, and you were going to just trash me with just a letter to explain yourself?”

Kwangho rolled his eyes and with all his force pushed Hwanhee to the floor. He picked up the plane ticket and put it in his pocket. He let out a sigh, “This would have been a lot easier...if... you didn't look through my things.”

Hwanhee looked up at him, too shocked, too angry to do anything. Kwangho looked at Hwanhee then looked away. He eyed the letter on the floor and picked it up. “You're probably going to throw this away right?” he questioned, staring at the letter he had written and frowned at the words. He reached into his other pocket and pulled out a mini lighter. “I'll throw it away for you.” he said as he ignited the flame and brought it under the letter.

The flame engulfed the letter slowly. Kwangho dropped the letter to the floor, not caring if it would burn the carpet. He gave Hwanhee one last look then turned and walked out the door.

Hwanhee, speechless, watched him walk out the door. She turned her attention toward the burning letter. She hated herself for giving it one last glance because the last words she saw before it disappeared forever, were the ones she most dearly wanted to forget.

“I never loved you.” 


*re-uploaded

all rights reserved. ©