[SIX] Piggy Back Ride

Just Married

 

 

The first week of their married life turned out to be alright. Key would always wake up ten minutes earlier than Amber since he thought that if he wakes up same time as Amber, there would be no enough time to cook. Amber, on the other hand, was living a really great life. Key never ordered her hard chores and if there were chores, they would do them together.

 

“I’ll be out until three so you do whatever you want.” Key put on his running shoes.

“Going on a date with Nicole?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Since I’m all alone here and I can do whatever I want… can I invite Krys and Sul here?”

“Erase that I said that you can do whatever you want. You just stay still, watch TV or listen to some music.” Key was all ready to go.

 

“But it’s really boring here. Can I go to their place instead?” Amber wouldn’t let Key go unless he let her do what she wanted.

“No, you cannot. You’re not allowed to go out unless you’re with me. You might hurt yourself and that would be terrible.” Key pointed his fingers at Amber.

“Look who’s talking… accident prone. Then just let me invite Krys and Sul here. Please, please, please… Bongbong, Keybongbong oppa.” And there she pleaded.

“Okay, okay. I’ll be late on my date. Just don’t mess up the place.”

“Yes, sir. Bye!” Amber slammed the door in front of him.

 

She texted Krystal and Sulli. As soon as they received the message, they went straight to KeyBer’s apartment.

 

“Where’s Key oppa?” Sulli asked as she entered the place.

“On a date.”

“And he left you just like that?” Krystal raised her eyebrows.

“What was he supposed to do? Take me with him?”

“That’s possible.”

“Enough of the ‘Key oppa’ talk. I have something to tell you.” Amber brought her friends inside the room.

 

“You sleep on one bed?”

“Uh… no. It’s two single beds. We separate them during the night. See.” Amber took off the covers.

“What for?”

“Our parents said that we should sleep on one room and bed. But of course, we don’t want to so we bought two single beds. A bunk bed was also in our mind but they also told us that they’ll be visiting whenever they want to.”

“Smart parents but smarter kids. Ha-ha.” Sulli said jokingly.

“So what were you going to tell us?”

 

**flashback**

 

It was Friday. Everyone was excited for the weekend so when the bell rang, everyone ran around the school hallways. Amber and Minho came out of the room together chatting about their pop quiz.

 

All of a sudden, some guys bumped Amber that almost made her fall to the ground. The good thing was that Minho was able to catch her. Minho protected her until they were out of the building.

 

*end of flashback**

 

“That’s it?” the two girls asked with questioning expressions.

 

They continued their chat inside the bedroom. Amber had really no interest on talking about boys but she just felt like talking about them that moment. She had a bad experience on telling Key a story about her feelings for a guy. Key only laughed at her and she hated Key for that.

 

“I’m hungry,” it was passed twelve when Sulli suddenly announced.

“Let’s wait for a few minutes. I invited another person.”

“Who?”

 

The door bell rang. Amber was sure that it was the person she invited.

 

“Taemin oppa,” Krystal and Sulli said in unison.

“I bought the ingredients. Sorry, I’m late. I got lost. Oh, noona, you’ll pay me, right?” Taemin was holding two plastic bags.

“Yes, I will. But now, you guys will teach me how to make kimbap!”

 

Amber had always wanted to cook. She loved cooking… but cooking hated her. Key would always tell her that he’d teach her, she kept anticipating but it never happened. She was happy with Key cooking for her and all but she preferred to be the one cooking. “Wives supposedly know how to cook.”

 

So they started cooking. Taemin was much like Amber couple of years ago. Key would also cook for him but he decided to learn from his mom. Amber was the only one left out. Thanks to her Keybongbong oppa.

 

“Noona, you ruined it.”

“As if yours looks good.”

“No one’s good at this, huh?”

“Mine’s okay.”

 

They were having a hard time rolling the seaweed wrap.

 

“Let’s make spicy rice cakes!” Amber suggested. It was what she loved the most.

 

They cooked everything they could. They even tried baking chocolate cupcakes. After having a really messy lunch, they went to the living room, watched TV and chatted. They were throwing pillow cushions, snacks and random stuffs they could pick.

 

The door opened. Key came in with his eyes wide open.

 

“Amber Liu!”

 

“Bye noona.”

“Talk to you later.”

“See you.”

 

The three kids ran off as fast as they could. Amber probably forgot the last thing Key told her. “Don’t mess up the place.” Kitchen: check, living room: check, bedroom: check.

 

“We made some kimbap.” Amber offered Key.

 

“Clean this place. NOW!” Key shouted which startled Amber.

“Only me?”

“Did I mess it up? No. Did you? Yes.”

“Can’t you help me? I can’t do this all by myself.” Amber was making a puppy-dog eyes pleading expression.

“I’m tired, Amber.”

“Please, help me. Just this once. And I won’t do it again, promise.”

 

Key glared at Amber.

 

“Promise? You wouldn’t break any promises.”

“Pinky promise.”

“Okay, just this once. Never ever, ever do it again.”

 

Key just couldn’t stop himself from doing everything Amber wanted. Amber didn’t actually do something bad, and only once in a while she did wrong stuffs and it was not even worse than what Key did to Amber.

 

They finished cleaning by five. They were both very exhausted. They sat on the couch with their heads joint together.

 

“Let’s go out and eat.” Key suggested.

“Dinner? Too early.”

“Come on. I’m hungry.” Key pulled Amber off the couch, grabbed two hoodies and went off.

 

They ate some ramyeon and took a walk at the park. It was a really cold summer night but they liked it. They sat on the bench and looked at the dark sky.

 

“How’s your date?”

“Good. Much better than most of our dates.”

“That’s a first. But I’m sure you only spent two hours with her.” Amber knew how long Key’s date would end since usually Key would hang out with Amber  until dark after his date.

“After lunch, I sent her home. Then I went shopping for some small stuff. And guess what, I decided to go to the gym.” The shopping part wasn’t surprising but the gym part really surprised Amber.

“Really? Wow, is it because I told you that you’re body isn’t pleasing in the eyes? Take me with you next time.”

 

They talked at the park for two hours. Apparently, Amber had to tell Key what happened with her and Minho the day before. She was  expecting a huge laughter from him but he didn’t laugh but it was obvious that he was trying so hard not to laugh so Amber just had to say “You can laugh”. Key let out a tiny giggle and patted Amber’s head. “I’m trying to be nicer to you.” Key told Amber what he and Nicole did on their date. Key picked her up; they went to the cinemas and watched a chick flick. They had lunch then Key sent Nicole home. It was something that Key and Amber usually do but for them, it was not a date. They called it hanging out but to most people it would look like a date.

 

“I don’t want to walk home.” Key pouted.

“Hey, Key oppa. Walking is a basic exercise so stop your laziness.”

“But you know I hate exercise.”

 

“I have an idea. Stand up, turn around and kneel down.” Key was confused of what Amber told him to do but he just followed what she said. Then all of a sudden, he felt something heavy on his back.

 

“What are you doing?” Key asked as Amber made herself comfortable on Key’s back.

“I’m just giving you a reason to walk. Let’s test your lower body’s strength.”

“Will you get down, please?”

“No, start walking.”

 

Key scratched his head before standing up and started walking.

 

“You do know your heavy, right?”

“Yup. You tell me that every time you give me a piggy back ride.”  Amber her iPod and put on one earphone on her ear and one on Key’s.

 

They sang along the music not caring about the people looking at them probably thinking that they were crazy. “ttarat ttarat tta, tta tta jjarit jjarit halkeoda.” They were singing the song out loud. “Get down, na na na na na na na na na, get down!”

 

“No, literally, get down. We’re in front of the building already.” Key could’ve let go of Amber but he can’t seemed to put her down himself.

“I’ll get down when we’re in front of our home.” That tiny place was already a home for Amber.

 

“Amber? KiBum?”

 

They turned to the side and found Mrs. Kim. So Amber had no choice but to get down from Key’s back.

 

“Eomonim.”

“Aren’t you supposed to carry her bridal style and not on your back?” she actually enjoyed the sight.

“Eomma, why are you here?”

“I came to deliver this.” Mrs. Kim was carrying a huge rectangular thing.

 

“Our wedding photo? We’re the one who’se supposed to get that, we were just waiting for a call from the photographer.”

“Well, I got it so no need to worry. Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

“Right, eomonim, this way.” Amber made way for her mother-in-law.

 

==

 

“Where should I put this?”

“I’ll hang it myself, mom." Key grabbed the huge frame from his mom.

 

“And where will you put it?”

“In our room. I think it’s better there.”

“Can I see your room?” Mrs. Kim wanted to know what the two did to the bedroom.

 

They entered the bedroom and Mrs. Kim seemed pleased on what she saw. After giving a short tour in their place, they chatted with her for a while.

 

“You’ll never know when I’ll visit again so don’t do anything ridiculous.”

“We won’t, mom.”

“Eomonim, here are some kimbap. I made them with my friends earlier.” Amber packed few of her own-version kimbap.

“Thank you. Well, goodnight.”

“Bye eomonim.”

“Bye, eomma.” 

 

=======

 

I forgot that it was friday friday friday yesterday is friday... why? LOL

 

hope you enjoyed this one :D