[SIXTEEN] Amber’s Secret

Just Married



Key sat with Amber and her friends that day since Nicole was surprisingly not with him. Krystal was still asking Sulli why she suggested a really stupid thing to Amber. Key and Taemin were totally clueless what the 94ers were fighting about and Amber was only covering her ears, Minho joined them a little later and everyone turned really quiet.

“You’re dating?!” Taemin widened his eyes before taking a glance at Key who looked really surprised and uncomfortable before turning his eyes back to Minho and Amber.
“We’re not boyfriend and girlfriend…”
“YET. Thanks to Sulli!” Minho exclaimed.

“SULLI?!” Taemin and Key sounded angry.

“Hyung, I’m scared.” Sulli hid behind Amber.
“Hey, you two, don’t shout at her. It’s not her decision.” Amber glared at Taemin and Key.

Krystal changed their topic to Taemin’s favorite—milk. She and everyone rather talked about childish things than serious things. Sulli was quiet beside Amber while the others were actually enjoying their chat. She suddenly felt her phone vibrating so checked what it was.

Stay here after everyone leaves. We need to talk—Key oppa

She looked at Key and nodded, Even though she was a little scared earlier, she knew that Key wouldn’t hurt her or anything.

So when everyone left, she stayed at the same table and waited for Key to comeback. She was expecting that only Key would show up, but he brought Taemin with him.

“I thought we’re aiming for KeyBer?!” Taemin was the one to speak first.
“We… we are.”
“Then why? Why did you suggest Amber noona a really stupid thing?” Taemin was repeating what Krystal kept asking Sulli.
“I… I…”
“Taem, let me do it.” Key pulled Taemin away before he could ask her another question.

“Yes, Sulli, why did you do that?”
“I can’t tell you why.”
“What?!”

“Wait, I don’t get it. Why are you asking me this?” Sulli asked oddly.

“Don’t tell me… Oppa, do you like Amber eonni?” Sulli realized it sooner than the two boys expected.
“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I don’t know… I was scared that you might tell Amber.” Key answered.
“If only I found out sooner, I didn’t have to do that.” Sulli thought she did a really long thing.

“Don’t worry. I’ll convince Amber eonni to stop dating Minho oppa for you.”
“Don’t… don’t do that. She might be happy that way.” Key only cared about Amber’s happiness.
“I know what I’m doing, oppa… I think.”

Key told Sulli the whole detail about his feelings for Amber and Sulli listened attentively.

“Jinri, don’t tell anyone… not even Amber.” Key said before Sulli could stand up.

“But oppa, if you like Amber eonni, you have to break up with Nicole eonni…. That’ll make Amber eonni happier.” Sulli ran away since the bell already rang.

“Hyung, are you okay?” Taemin asked Key.
“Yeah, let’s go back to class.”

Key was thinking of Sulli’s last words to him. That’ll make Amber eonni happier . Does Amber likes him back? Or did Sulli just say the wrong words? Then he remembered what Amber told him the night before that she wanted Key to break up with Nicole and he suddenly recalled the part that he ignored—so she wouldn’t have to date Minho. Does that mean Amber wanted to date him instead of Minho? Or she thought that it’s fairer if they’re both not dating anyone while they’re married to each other? Key was so confused. He didn’t want to have a lot of thoughts. He hated 50-50 chances. He wanted to know how Amber feels for him but he still had to know if he loves her more than Nicole.

Thinking those things over and over again, caring only for Amber, loving Amber more and more each day, getting jealous of Minho and hating for Minho for his sudden change of heart. Did all of that mean that he loves Amber more than Nicole? Thinking of only Amber even when he’s looking at Nicole. Everything’s not making sense again.

“Oppa!” he heard Amber say.
“Huh? What?”
“The professor… he’s asking you something.” Amber was whispering.
“Oh…”

“Stay after class, Kim Kibum.”
“Yes, sir.”

After school, Key had to clean up the room all by himself. When he was about to start, Amber suddenly appeared by the door. She was frowning. She felt sorry for Key and she didn’t even know why he wasn’t paying attention to their professor.

“What are you doing here?” Key asked.
“I just came to ask where Nicole is.”
“Nicole is at the province with her cousins. She’ll be back tomorrow. So what’s your real reason?” Key knew that Amber had another reason for being there.
“To help you clean up… so…. What were you thinking earlier? You were absent-minded.” Amber was already erasing thee writings on the board.

“I was thinking of you.”
“Me?”
“Yes, you. That’s why it’s only right that you help me.”

Sulli came in running toward Amber.

“Oppa, I’ll take eonni home for you. Enjoy cleaning.” Sulli pulled Amber out of the room.
“Bye~” Key just waved at them.

“What was that about?” Amber asked as Sulli continued to pull her.
“I just want to hang out with you.”
“But your brother just called me earlier. He said that if ever I see you, I should tell you that you should go home early today and it’s already 6PM. You were ignoring his calls weren’t you?” Amber stopped from walking and glared at Sulli.

“I’ll get to the point. Hyung… if you don’t really like Minho oppa, you should stop going out on dates with him.”

Amber creased her forehead as she tilted her head. She was a little confused why Sulli suddenly said that.

“I wasn’t thinking. Minho oppa can’t make you happy, unless you love him but you don’t. And well, you love Key oppa.” Sulli added.
“So I don’t like Minho oppa but I still have to give him a chance. But don’t worry, after one or two more dates, I’ll stop if doesn’t work out well. Now, you have to go home coz your brother will get mad at you and me.” Amber pushed Sulli to the opposite way.

“But… but… Key oppa—”
“Bye, namedongsaeng!” Amber ran away from Sulli as fast as she could.

“Ah, hyung, Key oppa likes you!” Sulli shouted but Amber was already far and it was impossible for her to hear what Sulli said.

==

All week, Sulli didn’t stop telling Amber to stop dating Minho but Amber would only ignore her. Taemin and Krystal were helping her but they were being ignored as well. Friday came and Amber was still inconvincible. SO that Saturday afternoon, after Amber left for her date, Key called over Taemin and Sulli who brought Krystal with them to tell Key how hard they tried but still failed.

“Okay, who told Krystal?” Key crossed his arms.
“Not me.” Sulli answered first. SO Key turned his eyes to Taemin.
“So I told her. She wanted to help, too.”

While Key and Taemin argued about Krystal, the two girls were having a small talk as well.

“So what?”
“Should we tell Key oppa then?”

“Tell me what?” Key heard his name.
“Nothing…” the two girls looked away.
“What?!”

“That we have to go. Bye.” Krytsal turned around.

“And just so you know oppa. We’re doing this not for you but for Amber eonni coz she doesn’t really, really have feelings for you.” The two closed the door behind them.

Key and Taemin looked at each other oddly trying to understand what the girls just said. After a minute, Key finally realized what they meant.

“Amber likes me, Taem! She likes me!” Key shouted as he hugged Taemin.
“Huh? Wha—?”

Apparently, Key was smart enough to know that the girls were being ironic. And Krys and Sul thought that they didn’t really tell Key so it’s alright and it’ll make everything easier for Key and Amber. They just hoped for Key to know who he loves more when it’s so obvious that he loves Amber more than Nicole.

==

Meanwhile, at MinBer’s date, they were in a café chatting about stuffs. Amber preferred to stay at one place and talk about anything just to get to know Minho better.

I know your secret. Ha-ha—Keybongbong oppa

Amber received a message from Key.

“What secret?” she uttered to herself.

“What is it?” Minho got interested because of Amber’s curious expression.
“Nothinb. Key oppa just texted me that he knows my secret. But I don’t know which secret it is.”
“Maybe it’s your feelings for him.” Minho said jokingly.

“So was it really your first date? You know, our date last week.” Minho started a new topic.
“I’m pretty sure it is…”
“Key had never took you out on a date before?”
“When we hang out on weekends before the whole fixed marriage thing, we don’t call it a date but surely, if you didn’t know that we’re BFFs, you’d think we’re dating, right?” Minho nodded with a smile.

“Though, one time…” Amber started and since Minho didn’t want to look rude, he listened attentively.

“Key oppa and Nicole had just broken up, you know how they are, and he happened to be really bored so he went to my house. He invited me out. I thought that he’d only take me to the mall and do some shopping but he didn’t. Instead, he brought me to the amusement park. He held my hand and told me that we were a one-day couple and that would be our first date. But we never take each other seriously that I didn’t really consider it as a date. But I had so much fun so the next day I was asking him to go with me back to the amusement park.2 Amber ended her story with a really wide smile. Minho was smiling as well but looked so fake.

“I’m sorry, Minho. I’m on a date with you and I’m telling you this.”
“No, it’s okay. At least it looks like you’re enjoying our date.”

“It’s already 4PM. Want to go home?”
“Sure,”

On their way to KeyBer’s apartment, they talked a little more.

“So, when did that ‘date’ happened?” Minho started
“A year ago before the a—” Amber couldn’t finish her words.
“Before what? Oh… the accident. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to—”
“It’s fine. He didn’t die, he didn’t even lost his memory. He’s one lucky guy.” Amber joked.
“So lucky coz you’re in love with him.” Minho whispered.
“Do you want to win or not? It’s as if you’re actually pushing me to him.” Amber put her hands on her waist.
“I’m nto saying I’m giving up on you.”

“Well, bye. I had a great time.” Amber waved at Minho.

As soon as Amber opened the door, she was welcomed by Key’s nagging. After 3 whole minutes of nonstop nagging, Key stopped and stared at Amber. Amber stared back for a couple of seconds before going into their room and ignored Key completely. Well, Key was nagging at her for the things she iddn’t really do so she just ignored him. Key followed her into the room.

“So did you enjoy your date?” Key asked as he sat at the edge of the bed.
“Would you care if I answer your question?” Amber asked back.
“No.”
“Then, yes, enjoyed my date with Minho oppa.”

“Want to take a walk at the park with me?” Key invited Amber.
“Yeah, sure.”

They walked at the park quietly. It was so unlike them but it was a really nice feeling. Amber was thinking whether she should continue going out on dates with Minho or not. Her feelings for him is still the same and there was zero changes. Key was thinking of who he loves more. If Amber feels the same way as him, should he end everything with Nicole and just be really married to Amber?

“What secret were you talking about?” Amber broke the silence.
“Your secret.”
“Yes, I know that but which secret?”
“Do you have thousands of secrets that you’re actually asking me this?” Key raised his left eyebrow.
“Yes, so which secret?”
“It’s a secret!” Key laughed like a crazy witch.

Key stopped from laughing when something caught his attention.

“Hey, Embeo, stay here. Don’t move. Don’t even turn around, okay?”
“But., wait.”
“Don’t turn around!” Key shouted before Amber could turn her head.

Amber stood at the center of the park clueless. She didn’t know where Key went and what he was up to. She stood there motionless for more than five minutes. She wasn’t really happy waiting there since she was at the very center of the park and everyone was looking at her.

Baby, find me. I’m colorful and you’d love to have me—Keybongbong oppa

“What? Colorful?”

Amber looked around and tried to find Key. She didn’t find him anywhere. She only saw kids playing at the payground, couple biking, a man holding a lot of balloons, an old woman walking by herself and some other people walking around the park that didn’t look like Key.

I’m colorful!!!—Keybongbong oppa

Key texted her again. Amber tried to look for something colorful. There was this only colorful thing at the park.

“It can’t be… the balloons?” Amber turned around and found the man holding the balloons just couple of meters away from her.

“Key oppa?”
“Ta-da!” Key appeared behind the colorful balloons.
“First, AmBear and now this?” Amber took the balloons from Key.
“There’s more.” Key showed Amber three red roses that he had been hiding behind him.

“Why?” Amber couldn’t say anything but that word.
“I’m just being a sweet hubby.”
“Thank you, oppa.”
“It’s noth—”

Key was cut off by Amber’s sudden action. She gave him a peck on his right cheek that easily made them both flushed.

“Want a piggy back ride?” Key actually insisted for the very first time.

After that happening, Key was sure, surer than he had ever been that he positively loves Amber more than Nicole or even anyone in the world, even Lady Gaga and he didn’t regret feeling that way knowing it’s his best friend/ wife—Amber.


=======

sorry for the late update... I got locked up inside the school with my prof and two other classmates after taking some extra class for French. lol.. we thought that we'll have to sleep inside the school. hahah.. My prof was panicking coz she left her phone and expensive coat inside the teachers' lounge which was locked. but we got out after 15- 20 minutes. The two last doors happened to be opened and all other doors were closed. It's fun. I was only laughing at our situation. Then when I got home, my parents took me with them to the gorceries and well, my mom takes forever when she do something. that's all thank you.