[EIGHTEEN]

Just Married

 

[EIGHTEEN]

 

“Hey guys, look who are with me!” Key shouted to his friends.

“Oh, Nicole eonnie, hi!” Krystal greeted Nicole with a giggle.

“Hey, Krys.” Nicole greeted her back jokingly.

“Soojung, why are you being like that? You’re hurting Taemin oppa’s feelings.” Sulli was mocking Krystal.

 

“Now, Taemin go to your little girlfriend over there.” Key pushed Taemin toward Krystal. They were both blushing as everyone continued to tease them.

 

“Who would have thought that these two would end up together? Oh wait… we all did.” Amber added and everyone laughed.

 

“Oh, Taemin and Soojung are dating?” Minho suddenly appeared next to Amber.

“Not confirmed yet but we all think they are.” Amber answered.

 

“What about Sulli?”

“Opps, I could kill you right now!”

 

Key and Amber thought that that day was normal. That there’s no way that that day could turn out badly.  Two of their professors were absent that day. One was their last period professor which made their Friday even better. Most of the class were playing and making loud noises.

 

While most of their classmates were making their way out of the room, Key and Amber stayed at their seats playing only with each other as if they have their own little word.

 

“Let’s play rock, paper, scissors!” Key exclaimed.

“Okay, but what’s the punishment?”

“Permanent marker. Let’s start!” Key showed his marker to Amber.

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!” they swayed their hands. Key won over Amber and so he grabbed his marker. He took Amber’s left hand and drew a ring on Amber’s ring finger.

“Why did you do that?” Amber asked furiously.

“Because you lose. Another one.”

 

Amber won over Key so she did the same to Key’s finger.

 

“Well, thank you, now, we’re officially married.” Key was actually happy that Amber drew the same thing. It felt like they were wearing their wedding rings.

 

After more than 20 minutes of playing. Key’s and Amber’s arms had a lot of drawings and writings.

 

“Aren’t we both very artistic?” Key said and Amber laughed.

 

Key was having a really great time that he forgot that he had to meet up with Nicole at the gate right after she went to the ladies’ room. Key didn’t really forgot but he actually ignored Nicole when she was saying it because he was busy telling Amber a story that he just made up in his creative mind.

 

The two were the only one left in class. Key and Amber continued to play with each other. Key wouldn’t stop tickling her while she wouldn’t stop messing his hair. Nicole then came in the room glaring at the both of them but most likely to Amber.

 

“Oh, Nicole, I thought you left already.” Key stood up from his seat and walked toward Nicole.

“What?” Nicole laughed sarcastically.

“It’s funny, KeyBum, that you didn’t hear me earlier when I told you that I’ll be waiting by the gate.” Nicole rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry. I was just playing with Amber that—”

“Amber?! Does it always have to be her?” Nicole cut him off.

 

“I should go.” Amber thought that it was only right for her to leave. She was getting scared already.

 

“No, please do go, Amber. I think it’s better if you stay here and listen to us fighting because of you.” Nicole said before Amber could move from where she was standing.

“Nicole, leave Amber out.” Key was trying to be calm.

“Why should I? I’m just telling her the truth that I’m pretty sure she already knows.”

 

“Amber, you’ll divorce Key, right? Coz right now, you’re ruining our relationship.”

“Nicole,”

“I don’t get it, Amber. I don’t get why you’re still married to Key when you know he’s already mine!”

“Nicole, stop it, okay?!” Key exclaimed.

“Why are you shouting at me when I didn’t even do anything wrong?”

“Yes, I get it; I’m the one who’s wrong so stop blaming Amber. We’ve talked about this for the thousandth time.”

 

“Uh!” Nicole shouted and threw a huge book with hard cover at the window which easily broke the window. She walked out of the room ignoring what she did.

 

“What are you waiting for, oppa? Follow her!” Amber was already pushing Key away.

“But what about this mess?”

“I’ll handle this. Just go.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes!” the bell rang.

“Wait for me at the bus stop, okay? Promise me you’ll wait.”

“Okay, okay, I promise. Now, go and follow her.” Soon, Key wasn’t visible anymore.

 

After a minute, a professor showed up asking Amber what happened.

 “I accidentally hit the window. I’m sorry.” Amber lied. She thought that Key should take the blame anymore. She thought that it’s really her fault and she should be the one taking the blame.

 

“Just clean everything up. I’ll let you go just this once.” The professor shook his head and left Amber alone.

 

She thought that she deserved to be punished. Cleaning everything up wasn’t enough. She deserved a heavy punishment or else she wouldn’t feel any better.

 

==

 

Key knew Nicole too well or at least they had fought for so many times that he already knew how to make her feel better. After few minutes of talking, they were alright again but he couldn’t just leave her. They talked for a while as Key hid his left arm. He didn’t want Nicole to get mad at him again. Then he sent her home. She didn’t let him go. She wanted him to stay for an hour or so. Key couldn’t say no even if he was already worried about Amber who he assumed was waiting for him patiently at the bus stop.

 

==

 

Amber was able to finish in 30 minutesso she went straight to the bus stop. She knew that Key wouldn’t come anytime soon but she insisted to wait for him because she promised that she’ll wait. Even if if she didn’t promise, she’ll probably stay.

 

She listened to some music as she waited for him. Everyone was looking at her oddly but she didn’t care, she was already used to it anyways. Finally after 2 hours of waiting, Key came. He lightly patted Amber’s head.

 

“Hey,” she raised her head.

 

“Did I make you wait for too long?” Key asked with his worried eyes.

“No, of course not. Look, you’re just in time for the bus.” Amber managed to smile as she stood up.

 

 

Key grabbed her arms and hugged her. He knew that she wasn’t feeling good after all the things that Nicole told her.

 

“O-oppa, the bus. It’s… it’s leaving.”

“Let’s just wait for the next one, okay?” Key said as he let go of Amber.

 

They sat down and didn’t speak. They chose not to. Knowing that Key was next to her, she felt better and just seeing her made Key happy.

 

As soon as the next bus came, they both rushed inside. Key slowly talked to her and soon she was already smiling and laughing.

 

“I hate you for making me laugh like this.” Amber was laughing her heart out.

 

Key squeezed Amber’s nose.

 

“Oppa!”

“Hush! Everyone’s looking at us.”

 

They both laughed loudly. They both thought that it was better to just forget what happened. Neither of them really enjoyed being sad.

 

As soon as they reached their apartment, Key started making dinner while Amber locked herself in the bathroom. She just wanted to take a shower and relax. She tried to take in all the things that Nicole told her. She was hurt but she also felt guilty. She thought that everything that Nicole told her was true. She couldn’t defend herself earlier because she couldn’t agree more. She splashed water on her face. Key’s dating Nicole and he could never be hers-

 

“Key’s wife :)” she smiled seeing Key’s writing on her arms and that it’ll take some time to wash it away. She’s still Key’s wife and that’s a plus for her.

 

“Who the hell am I kidding?” she shook her head and dressed herself up.

 

==

 

“What took you so long to shower? What happened to the 10-minute shower habit of yours?” Key was already waiting at the table.

“I just realized how nice it feels to stay in the bathroom for more than 30 minutes.” Amber smiled as she sat down.

 

They ate their dinner talking about Krystal and Taemin and also Sulli. Key was telling Amber that he’d look for a great guy for Sulli and Amber told him that Sulli doesn’t like a guy similar to him. They washed the dished together and watched TV afterwards.

 

At first it was quiet and they both hated it so soon they were chatting again.

 

“What were you doing in the bathroom earlier?”

“Why do you want to know? Oh my, oppa, I didn’t know you’re a ert.” Amber said jokingly.

“I am not a ert! So what were you doing?”

“Well, I was trying to remove all these writings and drawings and guess what? They’re still there.”

“Now, isn’t that nice?”

“No, but good thing it’s Friday today…”

 

Amber stopped talking for a moment when she saw the ring that Key draw.

 

“We’ve been married for almost 4 months now. And the 6th month will come soon. Are you…. Are you really going to divorce me?” she glanced at Key before looking back at her finger.

 

“Uhm…. I guess…. I have to, I mean, we did plan it that way, right?”

“Right, right, of course.” Amber frowned thinking that Key is no way in love or gonna fall in love with her.

 

She didn’t know that Key was only testing her just to see how she’d react. Just to see if she really had feelings for him.

 

“But…”

“But what?”

“If you don’t want to… we can stay married for as many months as you want or maybe even years.” Key smiled.

“I don’t think that’s possible since… like you said… we had a plan.” Amber leaned her head on Key’s shoulder.

 

They remained at that position until Amber fell asleep. Key turned the TV off and slowly moved away from Amber. He then carried her—bridal style.

 

“When did you become this heavy, Amber Liu?”

 

Key laid her gently on the bed and put the blanket over her.

 

“If only I have the guts to break up with Nicole.” Key sighed.

 

========

 

I'm sorry if I disappointed everyone. No one liked my Maknae chapter. Really, I could change it to TaeLli coz I have already the idea in my head but I wouldn't coz I'm the author, I decide this kind of things and I had already written it. For me, it's perfect as it is. :D