[TWENTY] Finale

Just Married

 

Key woke up really early the next day. He got everything planned for the whole day. He prepared a wonderful breakfast for Amber so that Amber would be smiling from the moment she wakes up.

 

“Oh, no, it’s almost 9!” Key heard Amber shout.

 

“Oppa, why didn’t you wake me up?” Amber came out of their bedroom panicking.

“Well, you didn’t ask me to wake you up.”

“Yes, I did. I told you last night before we went to bed.”

“No, you did not. After I kissed your forehead, you didn’t say a word and just went to sleep.” Key was pouring milk in a glass.

“Oh… Whatever. I have to be in school in 30 minutes.” Amber rushed to the bathroom and took a quick bath. Then she dressed simply and went straight to the door to put on her sneakers.

 

“But it’s Sunday.” Key uttered looking at her oddly.

 

“Hey, eat your breakfast first. I made it especially for you.” Key said when he saw Amber opening the door.

“Sorry, oppa. I really have to go. My project partner will get mad at me if I come late. See you later, oppa.” Amber closed the door.

 

“Tsk!” Key threw his pink apron on the floor.

 

Key had already finished his project with his partner last Thursday. He thought that Amber had done her project, too but he was wrong. So the Breakfast plan failed.

 

He cleaned up the table even if the food were not touched. He took a bath afterwards. After taking a bath, he went inside the room and opened the tiny drawer beside the bed. He easily spotted their wedding ring which he thought was really ugly and it was way too expensive for being that ugly, but it didn’t matter how much he disliked it coz it’s one of the symbols of their marriage. He put one ring on his finger that still had Amber’s fading drawing of a ring. Then he kept the other inside its tiny box and placed it in his pocket. He then dressed up nicely and decided to follow Amber at school. He actually packed kimbap for Amber coz he knew that she wouldn’t have time to go out and buy food for lunch.

 

“Oh, oppa, thank you.” Amber bowed at Key that looked extremely awkward.

“Anything for you, baby.”

“Are you sure you want to wait until we finish? I think it’ll take us few more hours.” Amber asked curiously.

“I can wait but first you have to eat really fast coz I don’t think that your partner enjoys waiting.” They both giggled.

 

“Hey, Min.” Key called her.

“Wae?”

“Do you want some kimbap?”

“I thought you’d never ask.” With no hesitation, Min accepted the kimbap.

 

“Uh… Min,” Key called her again.

“Hmm?”

“Do… do you know?”

“Do I know what? That you two are married? I’m sorry to tell you but almost everyone in class knows. There were rumors and Dongwoon and Minho confirmed it.” Min answered in one go as she finished her kimbap.

 

“Amber, you done?”

“Uh, yeah.”

 

Key and Amber didn’t ask any more questions. They thought that it was better that everyone knows since they were going to find out anyway.

 

Key sat on the side and listened to some music. After an hour, he got really boredso he just helped the two on doing their project.

 

“Oh, Key, you rushed me on doing our project just so you can help your wife. Not cool, Key, not cool.” Woohyun entered their classroom. Apparently, Woohyun was Key’s project partner.

 

“Hey, what are you doing here?” and in an instant, Key left the two girls for Woohyun.

 

“What the hell is wrong with your husband? I’d think he’s in love with Woohyun.” Min was upset that they lost their helper.

“I honestly think the same~” Amber laughed.

 

Key came back just in time. The two girls were already cleaning up. Key forgot about his afternoon plan thanks to Woohyun. He was actually planning to meet up with Nicole. He just hit his forehead when he remembered. He only hoped that his last plan will work.

 

“So… how’s your date with Woohyun earlier?” Amber asked jokingly as they walked out from the campus.

“What date? Are you mocking me?” Key rolled his eyes.

“Well, I’m happy for you. You have finally found your soul mate.” Amber wouldn’t stop teasing him.

“Not funny, Amber.” Key glared at her before he grabbed and pulled her to a restaurant to eat.

 

It was only 6.30 but if he wants his plan to work, he had to make her eat early so that she wouldn’t excuse herself later for being starving.

 

They went to the park afterwards. They sat on an empty bench and continued their chat there.

 

“Hey, oppa, guess what? Minho oppa and I had decided to just be friends.” Amber said that actually surprised Key.

“We realized that we can never be more than that. I’m guessing you’re happy about it.” Amber added.

“Maybe… a little.” Key smiled.

 

“Uhm… I think you’d like my news more.” Key glanced at Amber.

“Really? What is it?” Amber looked back at Key.

 

Key looked up at the sky. It was getting dark. Not the kind of dark but more of a rain kind of dark. And that wasn’t good so he had to hurry on his plan.

 

“I’m gonna break up with Nicole… for good.” He could tell that Amber was staring at him but he couldn’t look back at her.

“You are? But why?” he that Amber was really stupid for asking that question.

“I’ve finally found a new girl to love. I’ve been in love with her for quite a while.” Key answered still looking at the sky.

“Oh, do I know her?”

“Is she pretty? I guess she is coz you wouldn’t just like any ugly girl. When can I—”

 

Amber was immediately interrupted by Key’s lips on hers. Amber thought that it would feel exactly like the last time but it didn’t. It was so much better coz that time, she knew how Key felt, they weren’t kids anymore that had no clue how a kiss should feel. There were no doubts whether they like each other or not. That time, both of them were sure how they felt for each other.

 

“Key?! Amber?!” they heard the voice of someone very very familiar. They slowly looked in front and saw Nicole with her eyes wide open.

 

“Nicole, I can ex—maybe I can’t—” Key said but Nicole had already ran away.

 

“Oppa, follow her.”

“What?” Why?”

“Just follow her.”

“But… don’t leave okay? I’ll come back. Promise me you wouldn’t leave and you’ll wait until I come back.” Key wouldn’t leave without Amber promising.

“I promise!”

 

Key followed Nicole and calmly talked to her

 

“Key? What are you—”

“Nicole, let me explain.”

“There’s no need but… okay.”

 

“I…. you know I love you, right? But, but I…” Key had no idea how to explain everything.

“But you love Amber more.” Nicole finished his words for him.

 

“I had always known, Key. When I transferred to your school on the last day of middle school, I honestly thought you were dating. I thought Amber was just being shady whenever I ask her about your relationship. That’s why I was really surprised when you asked me to be your girlfriend when we stepped on Highschool.” Nicole explained with a grin.

 

“I’m sorry for being such a big burden to you.” She apologized.

“Don’t be sorry, Nicole. You didn’t do anything wrong.”

 

“Kim Kibum… I’m breaking up with you.” Nicole smiled at Key and he smiled back. He knew why Nicole said it before him and he accepted her words with no hard feelings.

 

“Are you sure? You’re gonna regret it.”

“I know I’ll regret it but it’ll make you happy.”

 

Key grabbed her hands and caressed them.

 

“Thank you, Nicole.”

 

Then the rain started to fall.

 

“It’s raining. Go back to her before the rain becomes heavier.”

“Here’s an umbrella.” Key gave Nicole his pink umbrealla.

“No, you need this.”

“Accept it. Consider it as a break-up gift.” Nicole couldn’t say “no” anymore.

 

“Oh, Keybum, please, remember, before you kiss another girl, make sure that you’ve already broken up with your current girlfriend. That’s two-timing.” Nicole shouted as Key ran off.

“I’ll remember that.”

 

==

 

Amber stayed at the park bench for 10 minutes. She didn’t want to wait anymore. Even if she promised, she just decided to leave.  Even if she knew he’d come back, she just walked away from that park bench.

 

She had just crossed the street when she felt something wet falling from the sky.

 

“Oh, no, did I forgot the umbrella again?... I left my cap, too.” Amber searched in her bag but just gave up after a minute of looking.

 

She was nowhere close home but she was close to the bus stop. But she didn’t want to go home yet so she tried to find another place to stay until the rain stops.

 

“It’s closed? It’s usually open on Sundays.”

 

==

 

Key ran back at the park but Amber wasn’t there anymore. The rain was getting heavier so he started to worry even more.

 

[i]Embeo, where are you?—Keybongbong oppa

 

Snatching the last bottle of milk from you—Embeo[/i]

 

As soon as Key received Amber’s reply, he easily knew where to find her. Even if the rain was heavy, it didn’t stop Key from running fast. He hated running but he was looking for Amber so he set aside his hate and just kept running.

 

After a couple of minutes of running, he stood only few meters from the grocery store where they first met. A place that meant a lot to them.

 

“You just had to break your promise today, huh?” Key walked toward her.

“You didn’t have to come here. What about Nicole?”

“She actually told me to go to you.” Key wiped the raindrops off Amber’s face.

 

“Didn’t I tell you that I’m going to break up with Nicole? Well, we just did.” Key continued.

“What do you mean?”

“You’ve been acting stupid all day, Amber. It’s you that I love, not her.” Key gave Amber a light smack on the back of her head.

 

“But…. But what if in the future, you suddenly get tired of me? What if you stop loving me? What if 10 or maybe even 5 years from now, you’ll find another girl to love? What if we end up splitting up?” Amber was too afraid that those things would happen.

“You worry a lot. Can you not think of the future? What matter is what we are now… what we feel now. I love you and you love me. That’s all that matters.”

 

Key took the small box from his pocket and slowly opened it in front of Amber.

 

“Will you accept this ring as a sign of our love or as a sign that we’re married for real?”

“Yes… even if it’s ugly.”

“Even if it’s ugly.”

 

“But we’re still best friends, right?” Amber raised her eyebrows.

“Yes.”

“And we’re boyfriend and girlfriend?”

“Yeah, so give me your hand!”

 

Key took the ring and threw the small box. Then he grabbed Amber’s left hand and put the ring on her finger.

“Can I kiss my bride?”

“Again?!” Amber exclaimed with a little laugh.

“But you just kissed me earlier.”

“Come on.” Key copied Taemin’s pleading face.

“Okay,”

 

The two completely ignored the pouring rain and kissed each other passionately. Key wrapped his arms around Amber’s waist and Amber wrapped her arms around Key’s neck. They parted their lips with smile on their faces.

 

“Let’s go home.  I doubt that the rain will stop soon. We might catch cold.” Amber finally took notice of the heavy rain.

“We can get sick together.” Key held her hand.

 

They walked toward the bus stop with their hand intertwined. Both were soaked in the rain that made everyone look at them but they hardly care.

 

“So… we’re husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend and best friends. That’s multi-tasking.” Amber had been thinking of that the moment Key held her hands.

“We’re Almighty.” Key uttered that made the both of them laugh.

 

==

 

The next day, both were stuck in bed burning. They didn’t just catch cold but they had a really high fever. They knew that that would happen and they were actually happy about it.

 

==

 

At school, Nicole gathered KeyBer’s closest friends in the cafeteria and told them what happened the night before. The moment she finished, she received a message from Key.

 

[i]Hey, got sick. Can’t go to school today. Amber’s sick, too :( —Key♥[/i]

 

“He just had to text me and not one of you. He’s so him.” Nicole shook his head.

 

“You had been a bad girl, eonni.” Sulli stated.

“You need to be punished!” Krystal added.

 

The two girls smirked at Nicole and attacked her by tickling her everywhere.

 

“Hey, stop it you two!” Nicole laughed loudly.

 

“Laugh it all out, Nicole. You need it.” Minho said as he messed Taemin’s hair.

 

“Not my hair, hyung!” Taemin was acting like Key so Minho didn’t stop messing his hair.

 

[i]Two months later…[/i]

 

Amber put on her favorite cap as she looked at the mirror.

 

“Ready to go out, baby?” Key entered their room.

“You’re all dressed up.” Amber turned around and looked at Key from head to toe.

“We’re going on a very special date. What do you expect?”

 

“Let’s go?”

“Let’s go!”

 

The two spent the whole day out. They were celebrating their 6 month anniversary as a married couple. They were supposed to be separating as planned. They were relief that they didn’t split up coz they had a feeling that they’ll regret it in the future.

 

“Do you still want to go to the amusement park?” Key swayed their intertwined hands in the air.

“No, let’s just spend the rest of the day at home. I’ll cook.” Amber answered excitedly.

“Ooohhh… that wouldn’t be good.” Key said jokingly.

 

Amber glared at Key as she pouted. She let go of Key’s hand and walked ahead of him. But Key grabbed her hand again that instantly stopped her from walking.

 

“Who said you can let go?”

 

==

 

They walked back home being sweet and all that ants could actually crawl on them. They were too busy teasing each other as they opened their apartment door.

 

“SURPRISE! HAPPY DIVORCE DAY!” all their friends were inside their apartment.

“Happy ‘what’ day?” Key and Amber asked in chorus.

“Aren’t you supposed to be filing some divorce papers today?” Minho asked raising his eyebrows.

 

“I’m gonna call the police. There are intruders in our house.” Key took his phone from his pocket.

“Will you stop joking, Key? Let’s party!” Nicole threw confetti on them.

 

Nicole and Amber were friends again. They just forgot about the past. Everyone did. Minho was closer to Key. Sometimes, Amber jokes about getting jealous of MinKey’s growing friendship. Krystal and Taemin were still together. And Sulli, she was loved by everyone.

“I’ll just get the ice cream in the fridge.” Amber stated.

“I’ll come with you.” Key didn’t want to be far from Amber.

 

When Amber was about to reach for the fridge, Key pulled her into a hug.

 

“Can we hug each other later?” Amber asked but was already hugging Key back-

“I don’t think we can… I feel like I don’t want to hug you later. Even I do, I just want to hug you now.” Key was tightening his embrace.

 

Sulli came in the kitchen holding AmBear. Then she smiled from ear to ear and threw AmBear in the air.

 

“I want to join!” she shouted and ran toward Key and Amber.

 

Soon, everyone was there, surrounding Key and Amber. They were having a group hug that actually intended to suffocate KeyBer.

 

“We… can’t… breathe!”

 

Everyone laughed and hugged the two even tighter.

 

 

 

=====

 

When I have a lot of things to say but I just don't have the time coz I'm gonna watch IY2.

 

I just want to thank everyone who read my story. I'm gonna miss everyone and your kind words.

T.T

 

Which was your favorite chapter and why? I need explanation hahah