[THIRTEEN] Rock, Paper, Scissors

Just Married

 

 

Amber and Key were enjoying their Friday night by playing rock, paper, scissors. It was a lame game but they were having fun because the looser had to do what the winner says.

 

Amber had done some aegyo, Key imitation and crazy expression while Key did some girl group dances, aegyo and tasted Amber’s “I don’t know what I put in this salsa”

 

“Oh my gosh, that was terrible. What did you put in this?” Key was drinking a huge bottle of water.

“I told you, I don’t know. Ha-ha!”

“I hate you for this… Let’s do another one.”

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!”

“Oh, yes. I won!” Key stood up and jumped up and down.

 

“What do you want me to do?” Amber pouted.

“Hmmm… Kiss me… on the lips.”

 

Amber’s eyes widened. She wasn’t sure if Key was serious. She just stared at him with her two eyes for a couple of seconds.

 

“I was kidding.” Key burst into laughter.

“Not funny.” Amber pushed him  by his shoulder.

“Hey, that hurts! Okay, uh…”

 

The door suddenly swung open. Mrs. Kim came in smiling at the two.

 

“Oh, mom, why did you have to come now? I was about to give her a consequence.”

“Hello, Kibum. Hello, Amber.”

“Sorry, eomonim. Your son is being childish.”

 

“I just came to tell Kibum something.” Mrs. Kim sat beside her son.

“What is it, mom?”

 

“There’s a very important event tomorrow. Your father said you should come. He’s gonna introduce you to his friends.” Mrs. Kim explained.

“It’s a formal event, right? It means I have to wear my wedding tux again? What if I don’t want to go?” Key was being stubborn.

“I’m not really asking your opinion, Kibum. Whether you like it or not, you’re going to that event. You can come, too, if you want,” she glanced at Amber before looking back at Key.

“Are you doing there, mom?” Key would feel like a total loner if his mom wouldn’t be there.

“Uh… no. I’ll tell you the address tomorrow. I have to go. Good night you two.” She stood up and said her good bye to Key and Amber.

“Good night, eomonim.”

“Bye, mom.”

 

Amber and Key got ready to bed. They lied down like two mannequins. They weren’t sleepy yet and they’re still a little uncomfortable sleeping next to each other. Key was humming a Lady Gaga song while Amber was trying to find a comfy position for her to fall asleep.

 

“Amber… come with me to that event tomorrow.”

“Your mom didn’t say I should come with you.”

“She didn’t urge you to go but she really meant that you should. Earth to Amber, we’re married now. I’m supposed to bring my wife.” Key glanced at Amber then back to the ceiling.

“You shouldn’t have married at a very young age then. But really, I don’t want to go.” Amber turned away from Key.

 

“Oh yeah, the consequence. Come with me tomorrow, that’s your consequence.” Key remembered.

“That’s a very big consequence for a game of rock, paper, scissors.”

“I don’t care. You have to coz I said so.” Key turned away as well.

 

==

 

The next morning, Key was awakened by a loud bang. He opened his eyes and checked if Amber was still next to him. The other side of the bed was empty. Amber wasn’t there. He looked at the floor thinking that Amber might have fallen down. It was a relief that she wasn’t on the floor.

 

“She’s already awake?” Key stood up and fixed the bed before going out of the room and tried to find where Amber was and where the loud bang came from.

 

“Did I wake you up? I’m sorry, oppa. The chair fell, I bumped it.” Amber scratched her head.

“Did you hurt yourself? What were you doing exactly?” Key turned Amber’s body around and checked if she was hurt.

“I’m alright. The chair is the one that got hurt. I was preparing breakfast. See.” Amber showed Key the table full of food: pancakes, strawberry jam, orange juice, milk and bread.

 

“Hmmm…. You’re still gonna come with me no matter what.” Key sat down as Amber frowned.

 

==

 

They found out that the event will be happening during the night. It means that they’ll have a fancy dinner. Amber could hardly care about the food that they’d eat. She was only worried of what she’d wear.

 

“Can I just wear pants like yours?”

“No, you have the dress that I gave you on your last birthday. Wear that. I knew that it’ll come handy one day.”

 

Key changed into his black tuxedo in their room while Amber locked herself in the bathroom trying to figure out how to wear the dress and how to put on makeup. Unlike any other girls (or most girls) Amber’s not great on putting makeup. She had a makeup kit only for emergencies but she had no idea how to use it. She only knew the basics thanks to Krys and Sul. She put on the blush-on first and thought that she made her cheeks too pink. Then she put on an eyeliner and eye shadow but she thought that it didn’t make her eyes look pretty. Lastly, lipstick, but she thought it’s too red. She wiped off the lipstick before brushing her short hair. She decided to stare at her reflection at the mirror.

 

Key was waiting for Amber to get out of the bathroom. He couldn’t seem to put his necktie without a huge mirror in front of him or maybe he just didn’t know how to put it on. It had been almost an hour since Amber entered the bathroom and she had not come out yet. He was getting worried so he knocked on the door.

 

“Hey, baby, are you okay? Do you need any help on putting makeup?” Key joked.

“No, I’m fine. It’s just that…” Amber couldn’t finish her sentence.

“What?”

“I… I… I look stupid.”

 

It made Key even more worried. Amber was underestimating herself again just because of her looks.

 

“Come out.”

“I don’t want to. Just leave without me.”

“Amber Liu, come out of there this instant!” Key shouted.

 

Amber came out of the bathroom looking down. She didn’t want Key to see her face. So Key had to raise her head with his right hand.

 

“I’m ugly.” Amber looked away.

“What? Look at me… LOOK AT ME.” Amber looked deeply at Key’s eyes.

 

“You look amazingly beautiful tonight. More beautiful than the Amber I saw on our wedding day. I don’t know how you did it but your face is just… just perfect.” Key was whispering but clear enough for Amber to hear every word he said.

“You’re just saying that.” Amber was about to walk out but Key pulled her arm.

“I’m not kidding, Amber. Would I lie to you?”

“No.”

“Of course, I don’t and I won’t. So if I tell you that you’re beautiful, you’re beautiful. So stop frowning and smile.”

 

Amber smiled that made her look even more beautiful. It was the most wonderful compliment she had ever heard in her entire life. Not because Key said it but because she knew he was telling the truth.

 

“Let me fix your neck tie for you.” Amber had to say it since their moment of silence was getting longer and they were staring at each other. Amber was afraid that Key might read her eyes and that he might find out her secret feelings for him.

“Can you do this?” Key doubted that Amber knows how to tie a necktie.

“I can do this. When we got married, I told myself that I should at least learn what wives do and this is one.”

“What else did you learn?”

“I learned, well, still learning how to cook.” Amber stopped for a moment trying to figure out what’s the next step on tying a necktie.

 

“Hmmm… you should take care of your husband.” Key added.

“I’m taking care of you.”

“No, you’re not. I’m doing all the caring.”

 

“You should also love your husband.” Key said half- jokingly.

“I… I love you.” Amber answered seriously though Key couldn’t really tell whether she was serious or not.

“Do you love me?” Amber asked.

“Yeah… I love you… so much” Key responded almost a whisper.

 

“Done. Let’s go.” Amber didn’t really know what to say.

“Not bad.” Key grinned and offered his arms to Amber. She simply wrapped her arms around his.

 

It was a really boring event for both Key and Amber. They were only at their table not leaving each other’s side. Key’s dad will introduce some business partners to them and they’d bow their heads politely. It was 3 long hours. And they thought that the only fun part was the eating part.

 

“Did you enjoy the night?” Key’s father asked when the event ended.

“No.” Key answered bluntly.

“Not really.” Amber had to agree.

 

“I’ll take you two home.”

“No, dad. We can go home by ourselves.”

“But I insist. It’s only for tonight. What do you say my daughter-in-law?” he just really wanted to ask Amber and not Key.

“I can you can, abonim.”

 

“Can I just say that you look really lovely tonight?” Mr. Kim walked out of the hall next to Amber.

“Oh, kamsahamnida.” Amber bowed.

“Kibum, did you help her put on her makeup?” Mr. Kim looked back at Key.

“Dad, I’m really hurt but no, I didn’t help her. She did it all by herself.” Amber can’t help but giggle at Key and his father.

 

“Dad, you don’t mind if we both sit at the back of the car, right?” Key didn’t want Amber to feel alone.

“I don’t mind at all.”

 

The car started and the two simply made a lot of noise. They couldn’t act bubbly at the event earlier so they just had to make noise in the car. Mr. Kim tried not to get annoyed. They continued their game of rock, paper, scissors.

 

“Tell you dad you love him.” It was a really cute dare for Key.

 

Appa, saranghae!” Key stated and put his hands together to make a heart sign.

 

“Shout outside the window that you’re crazy.”

 

Amber did what Key asked and shouted “I’M CRAZY!”

 

“You kids are really crazy.” Mr. Kim laughed at the two as they continued their game.

 

======

 

 

Hey, I'll be on hiatus... :( School will start on Monday and I have to adjust. I'm in a new country so I'll be speaking a different language and will be seeing new faces. idk for how long though.. hope you can all wait

 

hope you liked this chapter :D

 

join our forum!!! http://shinyeffects.co.nr haha

 

sorry for the typos