[TWELVE]The Bed

Just Married




Key and Amber were finally sure of what they feel for each other. But Key had to find out who he loves more between Amber and Nicole while Amber had to find out if Key feels the same way. Key had to do that too but his problem was Nicole. He’s dating her, he loves her but he also loves someone else.

But they told themselves to act normal. That it’s okay to act awkward sometimes but not always. They’re best friends. They should treat each other that way.

==

Amber her iPod and listened to some music as she rode on the bus. Key suddenly grabbed one earphone from her ear.

“Can I?”
“Sure~” Amber smiled.

As the bus moved, their heads were moving along the music. They were singling along the music. They were acting normal around each other again.

“See you in class?”
“See you,”

And Key was still waiting for Nicole every morning.

==

“Hey, Amber.” Minho greeted her as he sat beside her.
“Hey,” Amber was writing some stuff on her notebook.

She was expecting Minho to talk but Minho remained quiet beside her. So she looked at him straight in the eyes. She easily knew what his eyes were asking her. So she stopped writing and sighed.

“I’m… I’m sorry, oppa.”
“So you have chosen. I lost.” Minho faked a smile.

“I should have asked you out sooner when I was the only guy you like.”
“You knew that I liked you and right now you’re like telling me you like me, too. Why didn’t you ask me out sooner?” Amber wanted to know at least that part.
“Well, I was waiting for the right time but the right time didn’t come. Maybe I was never meant to ask you out.” Minho explained.
“I guess not.”

Key came in the room with Nicole. He easily spotted Amber and Minho. They both looked serious so he didn’t bother them. Though inside, he wanted to in so they wouldn’t look too sweet. He could act rude right then but he chose not to. He knew Amber wouldn’t like that.

==

Mrs. Liu visited KeyBer’s apartment that afternoon. She was checking if the place was clean and neat.

“Everything seems to be okay.”

She went to their bedroom and found it spotless. Their wedding picture was perfectly placed at the left corner of the room.

“Hmmm… maybe I should change the covers of their bed.”

When Mrs. Liu took off the covers, she found out Key and Amber’s terrible little secret.

==

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Key waved as Nicole walked out from the gate.

“Let’s go home?” Key asked Amber who was just next to him.

They sat next to each other on the bus. They chatted about how their day was though they were together the whole day. It was their habit, talk about anything as long as they’re talking to each other.

“Earlier, before the class started, I saw you talking with Minho and you kinda looked serious. So what were you two talking about?” Key wanted to ask Amber since that morning.
“That? It’s nothing.”
“Nothing… I should know?”
“Exactly.”
“Tell me. Best friends don’t keep secrets from each other.” Key widened his eyes with a very irritating expression.
“No, it’s really confidential.” Amber turned away from Key and just looked out the window.

Key pouted. Then he suddenly thought of an idea. When the bus stopped, he pulled Amber off her seat.

“Our apartment is two stops away. Where are you taking me, oppa?” Amber was so surprised of Key’s action.
“Noraebang. We don’t have exams or anything tomorrow. SO let’s have fun.”

They spent an hour in the noraebang. They had a singing battle and apparently Amber won so Key had to buy anything she wanted. She didn’t ask much, since she knew that Key wasn’t ready. She just asked for one order of spicy rice cakes and tiny bear keychain that she saw.

When they got home, they changed to their pajamas and watched TV. It was only 9PM and they thought that it was too early to go to sleep. They watched Heartstrings. It was the drama they currently got into. When the show ended, they both stood up. Amber went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water while Key went straight to the bedroom to move the beds but before he could even touched the beds he noticed a note on it.

“Amber, come here.”
“What’s wrong, oppa?” Amber rushed to the room-
“Your mom left a note.”

To Mr. and Mrs. Kim,
I paid a visit earlier just to check how the place was. I didn’t find anything wrong. But I changed the cover of your bed with a new one. Think of it as a late wedding gift.
--Amber’s mom


“The bed!” they both exclaimed and took the blanket off.

It wasn’t the two joint beds anymore. It became one huge queen-size bed. They’ve been caught and they’re not sure where their old beds were brought. They glanced at each other before looking back at the bed.

“I’ll call my mom.” Amber grabbed her phone.

“Ma, what did you do to our bed?”
“Oh, I forgot to write that on the note. I replaced it with a new and right bed for a married couple. It’s really expensive you know.” Amber could tell that her mom was mocking her.
“Why did you do that?”
“You’re seriously asking your mom that?” Amber couldn’t respond after that. She knew what her mom was trying to say.

“You two sure are smart kids. But you wouldn’t fool us.”
“Sorry, mom. Good night.”
“Good night, honey.”

Amber hang up and placed her phone on the table. She grinned at Key which slowly turned into a frown.

“Did you ask her where she put our beds?”
“Although I really wanted to ask her that, I couldn’t. We did trick our parents. Maybe this is just a punishment.” Deep inside, Amber knew that they can never replace the bed ever again. They could never divide the bed into two just like what they used to do.
“Yeah, you’re right.”

Their only problem was: how can they sleep next to each other? Neither of them wanted to sleep on the couch and surely neither wanted to sleep on the floor. After 5 minutes of thinking, Key had a not so good but necessary idea.

“Remember the drama ‘Mary, Stayed Out’? They put a curtain in the middle so it didn’t seem like they were sleeping next to each other. Since we can’t put curtain, why don’t we put pillows instead? It’s better than putting nothing between us.”

So they did what Key suggested. They grabbed all the pillows in the closet and put them on the middle of the bed.

“No one’s allowed to cross this line.” Key warned.
“You right, me left.” He added.
“Okay!”

“I’m going to sleep.” Amber announced.
“I’m hungry. I’ll eat something in the kitchen.”

Amber faced the left side so she wouldn’t mess their so fixed bed separator.

After more than 30 minutes, Key came in the room. He found Amber hugging the now messed up bed separator. She looked so peaceful so Key just decided to let her sleep in the way she wanted. He lied next to her and stared at her.

“Why did I see it just now? You may not be the prettiest but you are cute. Why didn’t I see this coming? Me… falling for you. I sure am stupid.” Key lightly touched Amber’s hair and brushed it with his own gentle hand.

==

The next morning, Amber felt like she had her best sleep in her entire life. She was thinking whether her bed suddenly became warmer that she didn’t feel cold or if her bed became fluffier.

She opened her eyes. She saw this really dreamy face of his. ‘Why is this pretty diva in front of me? He looks so much prettier up close.’ She said in her mind. She thought that she was still dreaming of him again. He was wrapping his arms around her waist and they were sharing a small blanket. ‘Why does this feel so real?’ After few seconds, she finally realized that she wasn’t dreaming.

“AAAAAHHHH!!!” she screamed much girlier than the usual.

She jumped off her bed and tripped over a pillow on the floor.

“Amber, why are you screaming so early in the morning? Did you see a mouse or something?” Key rubbed his eyes as he sat up straight.

“Why were you hugging me? Why were we sharing the same blanket? Where were the pillows between us?”

Key laughed outrageously. Amber glared at him.

“When I came in the room last night, you were already hugging the pillows between us. For the blanket, yours fell down and I guess you pulled mine so it looked like we were sharing it. Oh, I don’t know why I was hugging you. Maybe I’m cold. Look, the pillows are scattered on the floor. There’s your blanket, too.” Key pointed everywhere.

“Oh… I crossed the line first…. I promise not to do it again.”
“Don’t make any promises that you can’t keep.”
“Okay, I don’t promise but I’ll try.” Amber grinned.
“Let’s get ready for school.” Key helped her to get up.

 

 

=====

 

forever join our shinyeffects forums!!! http://shinyeffects.co.nr