[TWO] What Happened on My First Day of School

Just Married

 

 

@Mary517: Grammar mistakes in my fanfics are normal. You'll always see it. English is not my first language and I hope that I can still improve my english though right now I'm studying Italian.

@pripri: here’s an update for you.!!!

@RennRSL: Renn from FB, right? Well, hope you like this one

@Shawol_Affxtion: chapter 2… here it is!!!

@Nikkibby: Oh yayy.. Riyanchi… you really followed me here. Thank you!!

@lulu00: update update update… :D

@whitecallalily: I think you’ll find out on this chapter. Krys and Sul, they’re friends with Amber but they’ll have their own dilemma

@flyingpig98: uhm, nope, not MinCole but please try to reading this

 

==========

 

“Wake up! Wake up!”

 

Amber creased her forehead hearing that high-pitched voice of Key. She thought that she was having one of those nightmares where Key didn’t stop nagging at her and she ended up falling off a cliff.

 

“Amber Liu!” Key shouted loud enough for Amber to go deaf.

“Yes, sir!” Amber raised her upper body and saluted with her eyes wide open.

 

It was like those awkward moments when some people mistook Amber for a guy and Key would be really furious and defend Amber for hours.

 

“Oppa… so this is what you meant yesterday.”

“It’s the first day of school. You don’t want to be late. Come on, get up.” Key pulled Amber to the bathroom and left her there. Amber was still living with her parents while Key had already started living alone at a huge apartment near the school. He didn’t really want to live alone and leave his grandma but he had to since his grandma had to go back to the province.

 

“Yah, Kim Kibum, get out of my room!”

 

Key ran out from the room and went to the family room. That shout was a signal that Amber was gonna change to her uniform. Amber had no plan to show Key her bare body and Key had no plan to look at it either.

 

==

 

They walked to school together. Since they were together the day before, they had nothing to talk about. It was quiet at first until they thought of a very weird topic, it’s nonstop talking. Sometimes, they thought of the same things and laughed whenever they said the words in unison.

 

On Key’s list of “what happened on my first day of school": Woke Amber up, talked to Amber on the way to school, saw how Amber was doing with our classmates, checked if Amber is listening to the professor,  chatted with Amber during lunch, fooled around with Amber while the boring teacher kept talking, pulled a prank on Amber, made Amber mad, apologized to Amber, walked out of school together and hung out with Amber.

 

Actually, both Key and Amber made that kind of list and Amber’s list was no different from Key’s. They were still hanging out at Key’s place and reading each other’s list.

 

“You mentioned my name in all numbers!” they both said in chorus.

 

Amber lied on Key’s bed with her head hanging on the side  while Key was sitting on the floor just close to the bed.

 

“Where’s Nicole?”

“She decided not to come to school today. That’s why you had me all to yourself.”

“I thought you broke up with her again.”

“We did but we made up yesterday so we’re back together again.”

“When will your relationship end?” Amber sighed. She herself was tired of the on-off relationship that Key had with Nicole.

 

“When I find a new girl to love, that’s when.”

 

Amber faced Key and looked at him with her two round eyes.

 

“I’m here… why don’t you love me?”

“I love you.”

 

Amber grabbed a pillow and threw it at Key. It was just a little drama. They often did that, thanks to the weeknight dramas they watched almost every night.

 

Never, in their entire friendship life had they considered each other as more than friends. It never crossed their minds the question “Why don’t we date?”. It was in the limit of their friendship. Though once, six years ago after watching a movie with Amber’s mom, they both wondered how a kiss felt like and decided to try it to themselves. There was no spark only odd expressions on their faces and wiping mouths. So from then on, their number one rule in their friendship was “Never fall in love with your friend”(Which was revised to “Never fall in love with your BEST FRIEND” after two years since they just became BFFs) and that rule hasn’t been broken YET.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you something… my mom called me yesterday.”

“And?”

“She said we’ll be meeting my ‘wife-to-be’ this Saturday.”

“You’re getting married?” Amber raised from the bed.

“I guess.”

“You’re not gonna marry Nicole, then?”

“Hmmm… maybe not.”

“That’s sad.” Amber frowned fakely. She was just mocking Key. She knew how much Key loved Nicole but she was so sure that they weren’t really meant for each other.

 

“But you know what’s sadder?”

“What?”

“I’m not the girl you’re gonna marry.”

 

Amber joked. But if Key was to choose between Amber and Nicole on who he’d marry, he’d immediately choose Amber. He thought if he married Nicole, in less than a month or so, they’d be filing a divorce paper but if he married Amber, well, no divorce would happen.

 

“But you know what’s the saddest?”
“What?”

“That I’m the reason why Nicole keeps breaking up with you.”

 

That wasn’t a joke, that was actually a fact. When Key divided his time between Amber and Nicole, Nicole became angry. Of course, Key kept defending Amber. Never did he took Nicole’s side that’s why Nicole would always want to break up with him. “You do know that I’ll choose Amber over you.” Key once said that to Nicole and she didn’t even got surprised. Nicole knew how Key cared for Amber so much. Maybe she was jealous coz Key always took Amber’s side but it wasn’t just jealousy, there was anger, too. Nicole was tired of Key bringing up Amber to their conversation and would always end up as a quarrel.

 

“You still worry about that? We’ve talked about that for thousand of times. Don’t blame yourself.” Key messed Amber’s hair. Key had always taken the blame. He didn’t want Amber to get hurt emotionally and physically. If anyone had to hurt her, it’s Key himself coz he could make her feel better in an instant.

 

“I should go home.” Amber stood up from the bed.

“Should we make a ‘what happened on my second day of school’ list?”

“I think not. I’ll probably read in your list ‘fighting with Nicole’, ‘fighting with Nicole’, ‘fighting with Nicole’, and ‘fighting with Nicole’. Then you’ll read on mine ‘waiting for Key oppa’, ‘waiting for Key oppa’, ‘waiting for Key oppa’…. Hmmmm… and… ‘waiting for Key oppa’.” Amber grabbed her back pack.

 

“Hey my jogging pants!”

 

Amber was actually wearing Key’s jogging pants under her skirt. She usually did that after school so she could move around comfortably.

 

“I’ll bring it back tomorrow.” Amber hurriedly ran off.

 

==

 

Saturday morning, Amber was waken up by her mom. She said that they’ll be meeting a very important person so she had to dress up nicely, meaning she had to dress up a little girly. She was against the “dress like a lady” thing but her mom only asked her to do that once in a while. She just let it pass and pretended that it never happened.

 

“How’s this? What about this one? Put on a hairband?!” and once in a while she awould argue with her mom on what she’ll wear.

“Perfect!”

 

Amber was dressed on a skinny jeans, a red high-cut sneakers, a plain white off-shoulder top and a hairband  with a red ribbon on it.

 

“Put on a little foundation and lip gloss.”

“Mama~” and once in a while she would argue with her mom on putting make-up.

 

“Is that person really, really, really important?”

“So important that your future depends on him. Now, now, smile and let’s go. Your dad’s waiting for us in the car.”

 

==

 

Key sat lazily next to his parents. They were inside this really expensive restaurant that Key and Amber hated. They call it the ‘blind date’ restaurant since everyone seemed to be meeting a lot there and come out frowning since they didn’t really like who they met.

 

“They’re here.” Mrs. Kim said and so they all stood up.

 

Key looked at where his parents were looking and when they were close… close enoguh for Key to recognize them, Key saw familiar faces, faces that he sees everyday. His eyes widened in surprise.

 

“WHAT?! NO WAY… YOU?!”

 

 

=======

 

I still prefer replying on my post. LOL weeeehheeeeee