[FIFTEEN] When Key is being Unfair

Just Married


So Key and Amber had a new bed separator—AmBear. They would put AmBear between them considering it as their first daughter(Key’s idea) but every morning when Key and Amber wake up, they’d find AmBear on the floor while they “cuddle” each other.

“This wouldn’t work.” Amber stated as she hugged AmBear. She felt for their “daughter”.
“Well, if only you’d stop kicking her off our bed every night then everything could have worked out perfectly.”
“Are you blaming me? Well, I’m sorry. I can’t stop my feet from moving.” Amber walked out of their room.

“I guess I just have to sleep on the couch then.” Amber added since she knew that Key had zero plans on sleeping on the couch though she had no plan on sleeping on the couch either.
“Are you serious?” Key asked with a troubled tone.

“Don’t be like that, Amber, Uh… mosquitoes are everywhere. I don’t want you to get bitten, even our baby.” Key grabbed AmBear. Though there were really a lot of mosquitoes, Key only said that coz he only wanted to wake up with Amber next to him every morning.
“But please, try not to kick AmBear off the bed.”
“I’ll try my hardest.” Amber skipped her way back to their bedroom and jumped on the bed.

“Oppa, turn off the light, please. Good night.”
“Good night, baby and AmBear baby.”

==

The next day, Amber felt like someone was blowing warm air on her forehead. But since, it was Saturday, she was too lazy to open her eyes and she actually liked it. It made her feel cozy. But after a few minutes, she finally decided to open her eyes thinking that it’s already 10 in the morning. But when she opened her eyes, he saw his pinkish lips. She thought that every single day, they’re moving closer and closer to each other and she didn’t mind at all.

“Are you awake?” she heard him say that startled her so she pushed him away.

“I guess you are.” Key giggled.
“Where’s AmBear?” Amber searched on the bed.
“Uh… you kicked her off the bed again.”

“At least I’m not kicking her on purpose but you… if only you’re not my best friend; I’d think you’re hugging me every night on purpose.” Amber pouted.
“What? Ha! Look who’s talking? And what about you? You seemed to enjoy having my arms around you.” Key raised his left eyebrow as he put his hands on his waist.
“FYI, I don’t enjoy it. Not even a tiny bit. I don’t even enjoy sleeping next to you. I only like this fluffy bed.”

“What are you screaming about?” Mrs. Kim suddenly showed up by the door.

“Mom? What are you doing here?”
“Making you breakfast slash lunch. And you two, why were you two fighting?”
“He started it.” Amber pointed at Key.
“Me?! You’re the one who started it.”

“Oh, what a cute teddy bear.” Mrs. Kim picked AmBear up.
“Eomonim, Key oppa gave it to me last week. Isn’t it cute?” Amber stood up from the bed.
“I named her AmBear.” Key added.

“What a sweet husband you are, Kibum. Now, you two should stop fighting and have breakfast or lunch with me.” Mrs. Kim placed AmBear on the bed and pulled the two to the kitchen.

They had breakfast with Key’s mom and it seemed that they forgot their small fight that morning. Both of them sounded guilty and they actually were but they had to deny everything. It wasn’t the time to tell the truth yet.

==

Key went on a date with Nicole later that day. Amber was a little disappointed. She called Sulli over to have someone to talk to.

“Aren’t we both aching right now?” Sulli asked Amber as they both pouted.
“Do you think Soojung’s hurting, too?”
“I don’t think so. She seemed really happy these days.”
“She does look happy. Is it because of Tae—forget that I said that.” Amber covered .
“Ah, hyung, I hate you!”
“I hate me, too.”

“Hyung… maybe… you should go on a date with Minho oppa.” Sulli suddenly suggested.
“What?”
“Well, I think that since Key oppa is taken right now… you should at least try to get to know Minho oppa. I’m not siding with anyone. It’s just that I hate seeing you sad and Minho oppa, he can make you happy… I’m just saying.” Sulli explained.

Amber thought about what Sulli said. Was she really sure that Key is “the one”? She thought that feelings change. And Minho might be the person who can change it. A couple of dates wouldn’t hurt her.

“But I don’t want to ask him out!”
“I don’t know what to do then.”

**Amber’s fave song**

Minho oppa calling..


“Sul, he’s calling.” Amber poked Sulli.
“Who?”
“Minho oppa.”
“Answer it.”

“Hello? Oppa…” Amber listened to what Minho was saying. It was almost the exact words that Sulli told her that made her really surprised.

“I didn’t officially ask you out last time so… for the very first time… will you go out with me?” Minho finally asked.
“Uh… sure.”
“Really? What about your—I mean Key?”
“I wanna try.”
“Okay. I’ll pick you up tomorrow. 1PM.”
“I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Amber hang up.

After that conversation. She wasn’t sure if she did the right thing. Even Sulli was confused if her suggestion was right. Everything seemed wrong for them. They remained quiet for a moment thinking what part of the thing they did was wrong.

‘Maybe it was a sign.’ Amber just thought.

“I’ll text message Soojung about this.” SUlli said as she grabbed her phone. She knew that Krystal would tell her that everything was wrong and that she just ruined KeyBer.

“Want to see AmBear?” Amber asked to lift up the atmosphere.
“You?”
“No, AmBear… come on. You’ll love her.”

As soon as the clock 3, Key came in the house. He saw Sulli and Amber waving at each other but he also noticed that there was something wrong with their moods but he just ignored it thinking that might be because Krystal wasn’t there.

“Annyeong, oppa.”
“Bye, Sul.” Key waved as Sulli made her way out.

“Where’s Soojung?”
“I didn’t ask her to come. If it’s the three of us here, the place will be messed up.” Amber just made up a reason but the truth was, she didn’t want Krystal to ache like Sulli and her when she’s really happy.

==

The next day, Key noticed that Amber was all dressed up as if she was going on a date. Key was worried that she might be really going on a date so he just had to ask her even if he tried so hard not to.

“Oh, how did you know? Is it that obvious?” Amber was fixing her hair in front of the mirror.
“You’re really going on a date? But with who?2 and Key was following her around.
“With Minho oppa.” Amber simply answered.
“Minho?! Minho?! Choi Minho?!” Key was shouting.
“Yes, Choi Minho, in our class, my friend and your friend.”
“But you told me that you wouldn’t date him or anyone when you’re married to me.” Key didn’t forget about what Amber told him.
“Well, I changed my mind.”

“You changed your mind?”
“Well, I thought that if Minho oppa likes me, I should give him a chance.” Amber put on her walking shoes and Key was still behind her like a dog’s annoying tail.

“That’s it?”
“What do you mean ‘that’s it’?” Amber turned around and faced Key. She had a feeling that it’s gonna be a serious talk.

“Uh.. but you said… you said that you have no plan on dating Minho or with anyone when you’re still married to me.” Key repeated. He doesn’t really mind Amber to date anyone, maybe he does, but he wouldn’t accept it if it’s Minho.
“Well, for once, I thought that you’re being really unfair. While I’m staying here in the house ‘loveless’, you’re out on a date with your girlfriend. You know which part is unfair? The part that you’re allowed to date and I’m not.” Amber just said what’s really bothering her.

“I have to go. I don’t want Minho oppa to hear us fight.” Amber grabbed her bad and started walking away but Key stopped her by grabbing her left arm.
“Amber, wait. I’m—”
“Let go of me, oppa. I don’t want to be late on my date.”

==

That moment, Amber only wanted to go away from Key. She hated herself for shouting and getting mad at him. She just didn’t understand why Key seemed to not get what she was trying to say. She wasn’t mad at him because he was dating someone and she’s not but because he was dating someone but it’s not her. She’d ditch Minho anytime if Key said so but all that Key did was asked her questions. She’d believe Key even if he says bad fake things about Minho but all that Key did was pissed her off.

“Oh, Amber, I was just about to go up.” She met Minho in front of the building.
“Our place is a mess. I didn’t want you to see it.”
“You look a little upset. Did something happen?” Minho noticed that Amber had this ‘please ignore my upset expression’ plastered on her face.
“No, I’m fine… just nervous. You know, first date.”
“Oh, you haven’t had lunch yet, right? Let’s eat something first. I know a great place.” Minho pulled Amber.

As their date went on, Amber kept faking a smile. She didn’t want Minho to think that she wasn’t having fun. The date was fun. It was like a date that every girl wanted. Amber once imagined a date almost just like that. But she just couldn’t feel how great the date was.

“Want to go home?” Minho asked as soon as they finished their ice cream.
“Huh? No.”
“But you don’t look like you’re having fun.”
“I’m having fun, really. It’s just that… I had a little fight with Key oppa. There, I said it.” Amber pouted.
“I knew it’s Key. He ruined our first date.”

“We had fought before, several times. But earlier, it was something serious, something unlike us.” Amber explained.
“And right now you don’t really want to go home early because you don’t want to see him so you’ll go with me to the arcade.”
“Yes, that’s it. I like that.” Amber was slowly getting back to her ownself.
“Let’s go!”

They spent more than two hours at the arcade. They had a walk at the mall and ate dinner afterwards. They spend another hour on walking before Amber announced that she’s tired. As soon as they were in front of KeyBer’s apartment, Minho asked something he was really curious about.

“Why did you go on a date with me? I… I know you’re really sure of how you feel for Key but why?”
“Coz… having a guy like you liking a girl like me doesn’t happen often. And I just wanted to give you a chance and try to get to know you better. Maybe, my feelings for Key oppa would change.” Amber couldn’t really look at Minho straightly.

“And if you’re curious why I suddenly called and asked you out, it’s because I was still hoping that you’d say yes even if it’s only .01%.... and not because Sulli told me to. Bye, see you tomorrow!” Minho ran away as fast as he could.
“Wait, what?!... Choi JinRi.” Amber just shook her head.

She entered their apartment and she found all the light off. It was only 9PM and even if it was Sunday, they wouldn’t sleep that early. So after she changed to her PJs, she peeked by the door of their room and saw Key lying on the bed next to AmBear. She slowly walked in to the room thinking that Key was already asleep. She thought that even if they fought, the other half of the bed was still hers. She lied on the bed very carefully then she suddenly felt something moving behind her.

“What are you doing?” Amber turned around and saw Key removing AmBear between them.
“Sorry, AmBear. You have to sleep on the floor tonight.” Key placed AmBear beside the bed.
“What did you do that for?”

“Embeo, hug me.” Key looked straightly at Amber’s eyes.
“Why should I?”
“Because I’m upset.”
“Upset of what?”
“Upset of the fact that you got mad at me and… and if you hug me, it’s means you forgive me.”

Amber giggled a little thinking that he was a little corny. Amber was asking herself ‘how can I stop liking this guy?’. She msiled at him before moving closer and wrapping her arms around his waist.

“I’m sorry.” Key whispered.
“It’s okay.”

“But I’m still gonna go on another date with Minho oppa.”
“But… but… you said—”
“Can we stop talking about that?” Amber was about to turn her back again but Key pulled her and put back Amber’s arms around him.
“Who told you to move?”

“Yah, Kim Keybum, are you jealous of Minho oppa?” Amber raised her eyebrows.
“And what if I am?”
“You are?” Amber’s eyes widened.
“You know… it feels like he’s stealing my best friend from me.” Key made up a reason.
“Don’t you have a better reason?”

Amber buried her face on Key’s chest trying to find a really comfortable position. She yawned before talking again.

“I don’t want to sound mean… really… but I wish you’d break up with Nicole for real.£ Amber had already closed her eyes.
“That is a little mean.”
“Then maybe, I wouldn’t have to date Minho oppa.” Amber tightened her embrace.

“Let’s not change our position and maybe tomorrow, when we wake up, our backs are the ones facing each other.” Key giggled.
“Hmmm….”

Then they stopped talking for a minute or so.

“Embeo… do you love me? Like literally love me? Coz me, I—Embeo?” Key looked at Amber and found her already sleeping.

Key just kissed her forehead and closed his eyes as well.