[SEVENTEEN] Maknae

Just Married

 

 

 

Krystal was shopping by herself at the mall. She thought that she needed a little break from all the drama happening.

 

“Amber will like this.”

 

After buying a shirt for Amber, she went out of the boutique and looked for another boutique to go to.

 

“Soojung?” before Krystal could enter another shop, someone had called her.

“Taemin oppa~”

“What are you doing here all by yourself?” Taemin asked as he walked closer.

“Just shopping for myself. What about you?”

“Same. It’s really boring staying at home.”

“So were you going in this boutique, too?”

“No, actually, I was going to buy a cone of ice cream right there.” Taemin scratched the back of his head as he pointed at the ice cream shop just next to where Krystal was going.

“Oh,” Krystal giggled.

“Do you want one? Come on, I’ll treat you.” Taemin pulled Krystal without her permission.

 

They walked around the mall together holding a cone of ice cream. It was little awkward though they always joke around comfortably.

 

“So why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Krystal asked to break the silence.

“Tell you what?”

“You know, Key oppa liking Amber eonni.”

“But I did tell you.” Taemin was still happily his ice cream.

“Yes, but why didn’t you tell me sooner? We’re always together, always hanging out.”

“Well, I wasn’t supposed to tell you in the first place. In Sulli’s case, she figured it out by herself and…” Taemin stopped and finished his ice cream.

“And when we’re together… we’re always having fun and I always seem to forget everything when I’m with you.” Taemin finally said the real reason.

“Oh, okay… I understand now. Well, I got to go. Thanks for the ice cream, oppa. I’ll treat you next time. Bye, oppa.” Krystal waved at Taemin as she ran away.

 

“Was I being too obvious? Aish!” Taemin messed up his own hair.

 

==

 

Next day, at school, Krystal and Taemin seemed to forget their awkwardness the day before coz they were laughing their heart out together. And Sulli was like ‘what the hell are these two laughing about?’. In other words, she was out of place.

 

“Oh, my Jinri, they look pretty much in love.” Key sat next to Sulli.

“Yes, they do. And I’m positive that they didn’t hear what you just said.” Sulli pouted.

 

“What’s up? Is Sulli forever alone again?” Amber suddenly appeared next to Key.

“Yup, she is.”

“Poor, namdongsaeng~” Amber pouted as well but in a really mocking way.

 

“Oppa, where’s Nicole?” Amber turned to Key.

“Who?”

“Nicole, your GIRLFRIEND. Where is she?” Amber had to emphasize the word “girlfriend”.

“Oh, Nicole, she’s… I don’t know. I forgot about her.” Key scratched his head.

“You forgot? Well, that’s funny.”

“Oppa, which part did you forget? The part that she’s your girlfriend or the part that you have a girlfriend?” Sulli butted in.

 

“Ha-ha. Just go back to your forever alone state there.”

“If you continue to annoy me, oppa, I’ll stop helping you with you know what.” Sulli rolled her eyes.

“What? No, please don’t. I need your help.”

“Oppa, it’s okay, we’re still here. We’re willing to help.” Krystal stated.

 

“Great, you two are back from your own world but I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Amber was clueless that she was who they were talking about.

 

“Hey, Amber, I have a game later after school. You can watch if you want.” Minho passed by their table.

“Can we watch, too, hyung?” Taemin asked.

“Of course. I have to go. See you all later!” Minho ran out of the cafeteria.

 

“Well, I’m going back to the room. See you.” Krystal grabbed her bad and stood up.

“I’m coming with you, Soojung.” Sulli stood up as well.

“Me, too.” Taemin followed the two girls.

 

“So,”

“So,”

 

Key and Amber were the only people left.

 

“Are you going to watch Minho later?” Key inquired.

“Yeah. There’s no reason not to watch.”

“I’m a reason. Aren’t we going home together?”

“Well, you can watch the game, too.” Amber made a little sense.

 

“You can watch it with Nicole,” Amber added as she prepared to leave.

 

“Why do you always mention Nicole?” Key was getting tired hearing her name from Amber.

“She’s your girlfriend. You’re supposed to do everything with her.”

“Yes, I get that but… not EVERYTHING.”

 

“What’s happening to you? You used to be ‘I can’t live without Nicole in my life’ but now you’re like ‘can we not talk about Nicole even for a second?’. Is something wrong, oppa?” Amber turned around to face Key and it just happened that Key was only a step away from Amber.

“I… you… I just need a little break. That’s all.”

“Okay. A break. That’s good.” Amber turned back to the front and started walking.

 

==

 

After school, they all gathered at the field to watch Minho’s soccer game. Key walked in with Nicole and Amber that looked extremely awakward while Taemin was with Krystal and Sulli. Key spotted Taemin who was about to sit on the bleachers next to Krystal so he ran to Taemin and started pulling him.

 

“Come with me for a sec, Taem.”

“No, hyung. I want to stay here.”

“Come on. We just need to talk about something important.”

“If it’s about Amber noona, we can talk about it tomorrow, but not now, hyung.”

“But, Taem.”

“No!”

 

Though Key used his secret super strength on Taemin, he just couldn’t pull him away from Krys.

 

“Why does he have to fall in love now?” Key sighed before calling Nicole and Amber.

 

Amber sat next to Sulli since she didn’t want to act like a really hard stone next to Nicole. When the game started, Krys, Sul and Amber didn’t stop shouting “Go Minho!”. Taemin was cheering his hyung as well and Key had no choice but to do the same. The game ended and Minho’s team won. He invited Amber to come celebrate and Amber couldn’t refuse. And Key being jealous and all said goodbye to Nicole and came with Amber.

 

Sulli was picked up by her brother so it was only Krystal and Taemin who walked home together.

 

“Did you see Minho oppa’s face when the ball didn’t get in?”

“Did you see when he tripped?”

“That was epic!”

 

They were talking about the game at first. Then they stopped by at some yogurt shop to eat before they continued walking.

 

“I suddenly remembered something….” Taemin started.

“Really? What?”

 

“I remembered when I first met you. It was in middle school. You were with Sulli walking around the campus. You looked really pretty; of course, Sulli was pretty too but you… you were 10x prettier.” Taemin was still thinking of what happened next but Krystal cut him off.

 

“Oppa, do you like me?” Krystal asked jokingly with a mocking expression. She didn’t really want to take it seriously.

 

She laughed as she continued walking but Taemin stopped with a straight face.

 

“What if I do like you?” Taemin uttered that made Krystal froze.

 

“I like you, Soojung.” Taemin finally had the courage to say what he felt.

“Oppa, you can’t.”

“I can’t?”

“Sulli… she…”

“But I don’t like Sulli. I like you.” Taemin made one step forward but Krystal was backing off.

“Sulli’s my friend. Best friend. I don’t want her to get hurt.” Krystal explained as simple as that.

“Does that mean you like me, too?”

“Even if I do… we… we just can’t. I’m sorry, oppa.” Krystal walked away.

 

Taemin went home with a frown plastered on his face. He felt like had been defeated when he haven’t even tried winning yet.

 

==

 

That Tuesday morning, Taemin was quiet and wasn’t acting like his normal self. He was trying to make himself busy even if there was really nothing to do.

 

“Oh, Tae, where are you going? Aren’t you having lunch with us?” Key bumped with Taemin.

“I already had lunch. I have to go hyung. My friends are waiting for me…. Hey guys, wait up!” Taemin ran towards his classmates.

 

Key shrugged his shoulder and went to the cafeteria. Nicole was already sitting in with Amber and the crew.

 

“Someone’s missing.” Amber said as he stared at the empty seat next to Krystal.

“Where’s Taemin?” Amber asked the two girls.

“I—” Krystal was about to say something but Key had already started talking.

“I saw him before I went in here. He’s hanging out with his friends. That’s a first. He’s not hanging out with Soojung.”

“Yeah, ha-ha.” Krystal laughed falsely.

“Maybe they had a fight.” Sulli was teasing Krystal as well.

 

The next day was the same, Taemin didn’t go to the cafeteria to have lunch with Key and the crew instead he was with his friends playing random games. He was doing everything on purpose. He didn’t want to see Krystal coz she’d only remind him of his first rejection.

 

Key bumped with Taeminin again that Thursday morning. He didn’t let Taemin ran off. They chatted for a little while.

 

“What’s wrong, Taem?” Key asked with a worried tone.

“Nothing’s wrong. My classmates just keep inviting me to their games and I really want to join.” Taemin answered.

“Are you going to have lunch with us later?”

“I… I can’t. I have plans.”

“Oh, come on, Taem. Soojung misses you.” Key was mocking Taemin and since it was only a joke, it made Taemin even sadder.

 

“Hyung, classes will start soon. I have to go back to my room. Bye, hyung.” Taemin ran away as fast as he could.

“But we still have 20 minutes… Oh no, it’s Soojung.” Key shookd his head.

 

Later, that day, before Krystal could even touch her food, Key pulled herout of the cafeteria and brought her to a more private place to talk to.

 

“What happened, huh? What happened to you and Taem?” Key asked looking all serious.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Krystal looked away trying to avoid eye-contacts with Key.

“Soojung, did he confess to you?”

“Oh?” Krystal was surprised and looked at Key.

“So he did.”

“But how did you know? Did he tell you?”

 

“Taemin is like a little brother to me. Even if he doesn’t say anything, I know. Just looking at his face, I can tell if he’s happy, sad or even hungry… Soojung, he’s happiest when he’s with you so I knew he likes you and I’m sure you fell the same.2 key explained looking straightly at Krystal’s eyes.

 

“SO why didn’t you accept his confession?”

“It’s… Sulli. I ain’t betraying friendship over love.”

“Tell Sulli. She’s your friend, she’ll understand. I hate seeing Taemin like this. You, too.” Krystal just nodded.

 

“What are you waiting for?”

“Oh, I have to tell her right now. Okay.”

“Go!” Key pushed Krystal.

 

“Soojung, where have you been?” Sulli was all alone since Amber got a message from Key to leave Sulli.

“I chatted with Key oppa for a little while… Jinri, I have to tell you something.” Krystal sat beside Sulli.

“What is it?”

 

“You see… Taemin oppa… he confessed to me the other day.” Krystal was babbling but Sulli was able to understand everything.

“So, did you tell him that you like him back? I’m guessing not since he’s been avoiding everyone since the other day.” Sulli was acting weirder than Taeming and Krystal.

“Uh… I couldn’t tell him that.”

“Because I like him?”

“Yeah, I don’t want to hurt you.”

 

“Aren’t you hurting right now? Taemin oppa is hurting, too. Then it seems like I’m hurting two people at the same time. I don’t want that. If you like him, just go and tell him. I’m fine. There are tons of other boys out there. Taemin oppa isn’t the only one.” Sulli knew that that day would happen so she had already prepared her speech.

 

“Will you really be okay?”

“Actually, right now, I’m smiling, but deep inside I’m like a little baby crying.” Sulli said jokingly.

 

“Oh, Jinri, I love you~” Krystal hugged Sulli.

“I love you, too, Soojung!” Sulli hugged her friend back.

 

After school, Sulli suddenly disappeared. Krystal stayed inside their classroom and waited for Sulli since they were planning to go home together. Everyone was gone and Krystal was still waiting.

 

[i]I’ll be there in a minute—Jinri[/i]

 

After receiving the message, Krystal roamed around the room.

 

“Sulli, are you here?”

 

Krystal turned to the door where she heard someone speak. Her eyes widened seeing who the person was.

 

“I… uh, I’ll get going.” Taemin scratched the back of his head.

“No, oppa. Stay.” Krystal bit her lower lip.

 

Krystal and Taemin sat down and talked. They were both smiling again. They weren’t talking about their feelings for each other but it didn’t matter. They knew what would happen next.

 

Sulli was right outside the room peaking by the door. She was smiling as well, She felt like she needed a pat on the back and receive a praise like “great job” or something like that.

 

Someone suddenly patted her back and whispered “You did the right thing.”

 

“Hyung, why are you still here?”

“I just felt like you’ll still be in school. Let’s go home. Key oppa’s waiting outside.” Amber gave Sulli another pat on her back.

 

**flashback**

 

“Hey, I have to get something from the library. You should go back to class first.” Sulli stopped from walking when they got out of the cafeteria.

“Okay, see you in class.”

 

When Krystal wasn’t visible anymore, Sulli rushed to Taemin’s classroom and talked to him.

 

“Oppa, please, we need to talk.”

“About what?”

“Just meet me at our classroom after school. I’ll tell you there. I’ll be waiting.”

“Okay.”

 

**end of flashback**

 

“Sulli planned all of this.” Krystal shook her head.

“But you are happy that she did this, right?” Taemin stared at Krystal curiously.

“Yes… very~”