Best Friend

The Giant Elf

 

Best Friend

Chapter 4

I had just finished reading comments on some of our fan pages before our concert. We were just about to sing Angel however my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of what was written. One of them particularly stuck in my mind.

“He has no special qualities, I don't understand why he is there? All the members have something they are uniquely good at except him.” I knew that person was right and I was second guessing SM's decision to bring me into this group. I could never prove myself with this group of talented individuals. Besides I had one bad trait I knew many people did not like, I was a little chubby, but if you compared me to the other members I felt huge. It hurt honestly to know things like this is what others thought about me but I was past trying to let it get to me because it was already manifested in my mind and heart.

I took my place on stage and sang where I was meant to but I could not show any particular expression... I felt dead inside so overwhelmed with everything. I was tired, tired of being who I was, tired of being in love with who I was. Let me tell you liking Luhan is just another kill to my self-esteem, because to him I was nothing other than a toy. He loved Sehun who was everything I was not. Delicate, popular, cute, talented. I was just there for his amusement when we were away from Exo-K. I'm always second place, never in the lime light but I have given up on those thoughts, because my position is to take care of all the members.

I remember the late nights I spent working myself to the bone, all the pain I was in physically, emotionally but I kept working harder than ever because nothing comes from sitting back and watching in the side lines. Besides someone taught me that I had the potential to be someone I just had to believe in myself before it happens. I refused to be brought down by other peoples negativism any longer. I had Chanyeol by my side now cheering me on and that was enough for me, knowing that he was there to hold me when I needed him. He looked at me, the real me. He believed in me and that made everything bad I had ever though about myself disappear. I was finally someone's number one even though he hadn't told me yet. I knew that my feelings for Luhan were long gone and I had finally stood up to him telling him that I didn't feel comfortable with him touching me so freely. I had confidence and I was proud for the first time in my life.

Throughout the weeks I did my best to try and convey my feelings to Chanyeol but it was on that special night that everything happened. I almost seduced the poor boy but thankfully I held back. He looked absolutely adorable, as he always does. His cute ears sticking out profusely but it just made his character shine even more brightly. He was so tall as well, he towered over me like a giant and it made me feel fantastic and loved when he held me in his arms. I felt cherished and I wanted to show Chanyeol all I felt for him as well.

Memories were made between us and we fell even more in love with each other. Other people may not take him seriously but I know that he is a serious person he just hides up his worries and innermost thoughts with that handsome smile of his. It was nice whenever he consulted me about things and worried for my well being. But I wanted to treat him for all he has ever done.

I stood on the stage of our newest performance, I was finally being allowed to sing a solo and I sung it to the one person who meant the world to me.

"I pray for all your love
Boy our love is so unreal
I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you, somebody pinch me
This is something like a movie
And I don't know how it ends boy
But I fell in love with my Best Friend

Through all the dudes that came by
And all the nights that I'd cry.
Boy you were there right by my side.
How could you tell me you loved me
When I thought I was happy
With some other guy?

Now I realize you were the only one
It's never too late to show it.
Grow old together,
Have feelings we had before
When we were so innocent.

I know it sounds crazy
That you'd be my baby.
Boy you mean that much to me.

And nothing compares when
We're lighter than air and
We don't wanna come back down.

And I don't wanna ruin what we have
Love is so unpredictable.

But it's the risk that I'm taking, hoping, praying
You'd fall in love with your best friend.”

I softly sing the ending tears pricking my eyes because all those girls in the auditorium were singing my rendition of Jason Chen's song Best Friend. This song held something special to me, because Chanyeol was my best friend. He was everything that meant anything to me. He was my rock, I was just too stupid to know it in the beginning but right now I knew he was my guardian angel and I will be there for him always like he is there for me.

As I make my way back stage I see his eyes on me shining brightly as tears fall down. He makes no sounds as he doesn't want the stage crew to notice that I was singing about him. For now what we have is a secret to the world but for us it's our entire world.


I don't relly know what to say about this chapter... It was kind of difficult to write in Minseok's POV after writing Chanyeol's POV for like ever. Haha. I wanted Minseok to do something sweet for Chanyeol and I thought to my favorite song and did some revision of it. By the way the song credits go to Jason Chen who is an amazing singer/songwriter. I hope you all liked it and I definitely want feed back for this chapter arrasso? COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE, all that shiz I wish you all a fantastic night. :)

Love

♥Heartonheart♥