Nine.

My Beautiful Hostage

 

 
 
Yuri POV
 
 
 
"Yuri?"
 
 
Tiffany rush to hug me, and i hug her back in an instant. I can finally escape from my room after being locked for the whole 2 days, thanks to Boa unnie. 
 
 
"i miss you.." 
 
 
"i miss you too.."
 
 
She looks up, cupping my face worriedly. I try to avoid her gaze but she force me to look at her. 
 
 
"what happened to your face? Your father did it?"
 
 
I don't reply. I don't want her to blame herself for this. It's true that my purplish cheek, and cut in the corner of my lips are from my father. He was furious, so he beat me up. 
 
 
 
"let's go.."
 
 
We don't have much time. I grab Tiffany's hand, and walk to my car quickly. I can't let her stay any longer here, she can probably get hurt, and i don't want it to happen.
 
 
"where are we going?"
 
 
"..."
 
 
"Yuri, where are we going?"
 
 
"to a better place for you, Tiff.."
 
 
She doesn't ask any further. I'm just focusing on driving, my eyes on the road but still managing to steal some glances at her every minute.
 
 
"what does it mean?" 
 
 
She asks me with a confused look. No wonder because i take her back to her house. Yes, we're now in front of the gate of Hwang mansion. 
 
 
"time to go home, Tiff.." 
 
 
"but-"
 
 
"i don't want you to get hurt. From now on, i can't sneak out all the time to your room if you stay.."
 
 
"Yuri, i-"
 
 
I silenced her with my lips. I can feel that she slowly giving in, and decides to kiss me back. God, I'm gonna miss these lips. Why should everything have to be so hard? 
 
 
"take care of yourself.."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"don't let my father's men catch you again, don't let them kidnap you, alright?" 
 
 
She looks deeply into my eyes, caressing my cheeks gently, then kiss my lips softly. I close my eyes, trying to remember all we have done together. 
 
 
"i love you.."
 
 
"i love you too.." 
 
 
And with that, she opens the door, and step out of my car. She's hesitant at first, glancing back at me and i just smile at her. She bid me goodbye, then continue her steps. 
 
I sigh, starting the engine and drive back home. I can't see her anymore. We're not destined for each other. I'm Kwon and she's Hwang, we can't be together since the beginning. 
 
 
My phone vibrated suddenly, snapping me back from my thought. My sister's name is on screen, so i answer the call by pressing the green button. 
 
 
"yes unnie?"
 
 
"Yuri, where are you?" 
 
 
"on my way home, unnie. Why?"
 
 
"go home quick! Appa is gonna be home soon.."
 
 
"i got it.."
 
 
I speed up my car, and minutes later i reach home. Boa unnie is there with a worried look, she rushes towards me when she notices that i come. 
 
 
"you're lucky, appa hasn't come.."
 
 
I just smile when she says that. I know i'll get much troubles. Appa will be extremely angry when he knows that Tiffany isn't here. And he'll be angrier when he knows that i'm the one who help her to escape. 
 
 
"i hope everything will be okay.." 
 
 
Right after Boa unnie says that, my father comes in. He doesn't say anything, and just walk straight to Tiffany's room. Okay, it won't be good. I have to prepare myself for his outburst. 
 
 
"Kwon Yuri!!! My office. Now!!!" 
 
 
I sigh, he must be really angry. I'm about to go, but Boa unnie holds my hand. She looks at me worriedly, and i give her reassuring smile. So, i take a deep breath, then walk to my father's office. 
 
 
"let's make it simple, i don't want to shout.." 
 
 
"..."
 
 
"why did you do this, Yuri? Why did you help that Hwang?" 
 
 
"..."
 
 
"do you like her?"
 
 
"..."
 
 
"answer me.."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"answer me!!" 
 
 
"y-yes, appa.."
 
 
I hear my father scoffs while clenching his fists. I close my eyes tight, ready to take his punch, but i don't feel it coming. I hear my father sighs, so i open my eyes.
 
 
"don't you ever try to see her again, or else i'll kill her.."
 
 
"..."
 
 
"i'll send you to your aunt in London at the end of this month.."
 
 
"but-" 
 
 
"that's final!!" 
 
 
 
Great, just great! Tiffany and i aren't meant for each other. Hwang and Kwon will never be together. We're like fire and water. Why do i have to be born as a Kwon and she's as a Hwang?