Epilogue.

My Beautiful Hostage

 

 
 
Yuri POV
 
 
"hey buddy, you ready?"
 
 
"yeah.."
 
 
"nervous, eh?"
 
 
"very.."
 
 
"it's normal, people are nervous in their wedding day.."
 
 
Right, today is my wedding day. Believe it or not, i'm gonna marry my woman, the love of my life. I'm very nervous, i just hope that i won't stutter later.
 
I've taken a therapy for few months. Sooyoung and Victoria helped me though. They flew from Seoul to US, right after they knew i moved here. And they stayed for some weeks before going back to Seoul. And now, they're here again along with my other friends. 
 
 
"you look great, Yul.."
 
 
Victoria walks to me, fixing my hair and my attire. I smile, and she gives me a hug. Don't get me wrong, it's only a friendly hug. I just feel that i owe her many things. 
 
 
"thank you, Vic.."
 
 
"you have to be happy.."
 
 
"i'm indeed happy.."
 
 
"that's good to hear.."
 
 
We stay like that for a moment till my sister comes in. We break the hug, and Victoria leaves me with my unnie. Unnie smiles while staring at me. 
 
 
"you've grown up, little sister.."
 
 
"yeah, thanks to you, because you always take care of me since we were kids.." 
 
 
"i've promised umma that i would always take care of you.."
 
 
"you're the best, unnie.."
 
 
Boa unnie smiles with teary eyes, so i step forward to hug her. I hear her sobs, so i pat her back gently. I can feel my eyes getting teary too.
 
 
"don't cry unnie. You're beautiful when you cry, but i prefer your smile. So please, stop crying.." 
 
 
"i'm happy to see you happy. You've been through a lot all these time, now you're growing to be a tough woman, you're brave enough to fight for your love, i'm proud of you. You deserve to be happy.." 
 
 
I can only smile in response while wiping away her tears. She then fix her own make up then drag me out of here, heading to the car. There, i see my father sits on the front seat, and my brother on the driver seat.
 
I forget to mention that my father and i were in a good terms already. He let me be with Tiffany, even this wedding was settled by him. 
 
 
 
"Appa?"
 
 
"Yuri.."
 
 
"h-how can you get here?"
 
 
"i can always track you. Where's Tiffany?"
 
 
 
"Appa, please.." 
 
 
"where's she?" 
 
 
"don't break us apart, Appa. Please, the Hwangs aren't at fault, Appa. Don't blame them.." 
 
 
"i know, kid.." 
 
 
"you know?" 
 
 
"yes, i come not to seperate you two, but to make sure that you're living good here.."
 
 
 
I'm glad Appa could finally accept us. He said that Umma wouldn't be happy if he kept being violent, and kept hurting his children. Jaejoong oppa was slowly getting warm too. I'm happy that i finally had my family back. 
 
 
"we're here.."
 
 
My sister says, snapping me back from my thought. I feel extremely nervous now. I take a deep breath as i step out from the car. My father and my brother make their way to the church, while my sister and i go to the dressing room. 
 
 
"where's Tiffany?"
 
 
"she's in the other room.."
 
 
"i need to see her.."
 
 
"no, you can't.."
 
 
"why?" 
 
 
"people say it's a bad luck if you see your bride before you start the ceremony.."
 
 
"but i need to see her, i need to make sure that she's fine.."
 
 
"she's fine, don't worry.." 
 
 
"i still want to see her.." 
 
 
I stand up from my chair and walk to the door. My sister quickly run to chase me, but i'm faster than her. Sorry, unnie. But i really need to see Tiffany, my bride, my soon-to-be wife. 
 
 
"Yuri, wait!! You can't see her!!" 
 
 
I don't care what people are saying, i just need to see my woman. Screw bad luck. I believe if we're keep together, everything will be perfect by its own. 
 
 
"Yuri, what are you doing?"
 
 
That's Yoona and Hyoyeon standing in front of my bride's room. My sister catch my hand, and trying to pull me away from the door, but i'm stubborn enough to stay.
 
 
"you can't see her, Yuri.." my sister says while pulling my hand, but i'm stubborn enough
 
 
"wait, what's going on here?" Hyoyeon asks, totally confused
 
 
"she wants to see Tiffany.." my sister explains
 
 
"what?? No way!! You can't see her!" Yoona says, blocking the door
 
 
 
"Tiffany, i'm here!!" i shout
 
 
"Yuri!! This is crazy!!" Hyoyeon helps my sister by pulling my hand
 
 
"Tiffany, baby, are you there??" i shout again, hoping that my bride can hear me
 
 
 
"Yuri?" that's my bride's voice
 
 
"no, Tiffany! Don't come out, you can't see her!!" Boa unnie pushes me, then enter the room quickly
 
 
I'm struggling to be free, but Hyoyeon and Yoona are kinda strong. I make a scene in my own wedding, but i can't help it, i need to see my bride!
 
 
"Yuri, dear.." 
 
 
That's my woman! Her voice is so soft, the most lovely voice ever. I use all my strenght to push Yoona and Hyoyeon, then quickly grab the doorknob. It's locked, damn! 
 
 
"Tiffany?" 
 
 
I try to call her while pressing my ear to the door. Yoona and Hyoyeon try to pull me again, but stop when they hear Tiffany's voice. Oh God, i miss her, i want to hug her and kiss her too.
 
 
"it's only 10 minutes left, honey. We'll see each other again soon. You can wait, right?" 
 
 
"but-"
 
 
"they say it's a bad luck if we see each other now. I don't want another bad things happen to us. We've had enough. So please, wait a bit, okay?" 
 
 
"i'll wait, baby. But, i just want to make sure that you're fine there.."
 
 
"i'm fine here, Yuri. Don't worry.." 
 
 
"really?"
 
 
"yeah.."
 
 
 
"alright then, see you later. I love you.." 
 
 
"i love you too.." 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
I'm really really nervous right now. Seriously. I've been standing here in the altar for 5 minutes yet my bride hasn't come. She said within 10 minutes we would see each other, but it's already 15 minutes since she said that. Oh God, i'm so nervous. 
 
The door suddenly pushed open, revealing my father-in-law and my gorgeous bride. I may look like an idiot with my mouth slightly open and eyes open wide, but i can't help it. My woman is so beautiful. 
 
Perfect is the only word that could describe her. I may not recognize her as my bride but as an angle! She wears a really beautiful wedding dress, mostly white and slightly pink. I extend my hand and she takes it while smiling shyly, making me want to kiss her right away. 
 
 
 
"let's begin.." 
 
 
The priest clears his throat, my woman and i turn to face him. We're standing next to each other, and i can feel my forehead getting sweaty. 
 
This is what we're waiting for. The vow. After this, she'll be completely mine, and i'll be completely hers. Well, i'm indeed hers since the beginning. 
 
After what we've been through, we finally stand here together, ready to face our happiness together, creating sweet memories for forevermore.
 
 
"Do you, Kwon Yuri take Tiffany Hwang, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better and for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, keeping yourself only unto her until death parts you?" 
 
 
"i do.."
 
 
"And do you, Tiffany Hwang take Kwon Yuri, to be your beloved wife, to honor and treasure, to be at her side in times of sorrow and in times of joy, to love and comfort her always, pledging your faithfulness to your union, for all the days of your life?" 
 
 
"i do.." 
 
 
 
"you may now seal your love with a kiss.."
 
 
 
I step forward, cupping my woman's face, then kiss her soft lips tenderly. People cheer loudly, so i deepen the kiss. 
 
It all started with her being my hostage, my beautiful hostage. And now, she becomes my wife, mother of my children in the future. Life is good, right? 
 
 
 
 
"i love you.."
 
 
"i love you too.."