Chapter 11

It Takes Two *Under Construction*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You’re my partner today?” She questioned him, confused with the whole situation.

 

“Yeah, pretty much.” He said as he sat in the make-up chair beside her.

 

He looked at her through his mirror, while Jessica tried her best to not make eye contact.

 

“It’s been years hasn’t it ...” Donghae thought, as he stared at her petite face.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

Donghae just finished a business meeting with his fellow group members Super Junior. He took out his iphone and called Jessica to ask if she was busy. Since today was his no-schedule day, he wanted to be with his girlfriend.

 

He was about to head out of the SM Building when his manager called him in.

 

“What’s up?” Donghae asked confused.

“As you know were having a world tour, and Super Junior is very successful.”

“Yeah?”

“We can’t have any distractions on any of the members. Which means we need you to break up with Jessica.”

“What do you mean? Jessica hasn’t even distracted me once!?!” He shouted fuming with anger.

“Calm down Donghae, it’s not my choice. The president wants you to focus more, and he wants you to break up with her ... today.” His manager said with a sigh.

“Today? You got to be kidding me?”

“Were leaving for the world tour in two days, and he wants you to break up with her soon before we leave. I know how much you love her but it’s for the group. You can’t just let the group down, after all these years of hard training.” His manager said as he rested his arm around his shoulder, trying to comfort him.

Donghae couldn’t believe his ears, he has to break up with Jessica today. After all those years together, all those hugs, kisses, warmth, love. All down the drain because of his career.

“Arasso, i’ll break up with her tonight.” He said lifelessly, as he stared into space.

“Good choice Donghae, if any problems come up call me.” His manager said patting on his back and walked off.

 

Donghae walked out of the building and got into his car.

“I don’t want to lose her.” He said as he rested his head on the car wheel.

 

 

He reached his car, and texted her that he’s arrived.

He watched her door swing open as a bubbly brunette girl walked out. She looked stunning; she walked down the stairs as the wind blew against her beige dress.

He slightly smiled, as she got into his car.

“You look stunning as always.” He said as they drove off.

“Are you sure, do you think it’s too much?” She said concerned, fixing her dress.

“Don’t worry you look beautiful in anything.” He said as he quietly drove.

Jessica smiled, He may not say much but when he does say something it means the world to her.

“So where are we going?” She said as she watched the scenery outside.

“We’ll head to the mall, and at night we’ll watch some fireworks.”

“Oh that sounds nice!”

 

They headed to the mall, since he was still a celebrity he had to wear a cap and shades. Since it was a weekday, not a lot of people were there. They held hands as they walked through the mall.

There were quite a lot of people staring at them, but not at him but at her. He smiled proudly at how beautiful his girlfriend is, but his smile slowly turned into a frown when he realized he had to break up with this amazing girl.

Jessica noticed  Donghae was awfully quiet, she looked up at him and noticed he was frowning.

“Oppa~ Why are you so sad?” She asked making a pouty face.

Donghae stared into her brown hazel eyes, “It’s nothing, don’t worry.”

Jessica noticed something was really wrong so she ran off, leaving Donghae behind confused. She came back with a small pink paper bag. He opened the bag to find two mini cupcakes.

He smiled, she knew how much he loved sweets especially when he’s feeling down.

“Eat some!” She said as she grabbed the bag and took out a cute pink cupcake.

“Open wide~” She cutely said, Donghae did what he was told and opened his mouth and was feed.

He munched on in it, and was amazed with the taste. He watched Jessica eat the other cupcake and got icing all over .

He laughed, and wiped the icing off with his thumb.

“Are you feeling better now?”

“Yeah, much better.” As he gave a slight smirk, she smiled and hugged his arm as they continued to walk.

 

Later that night Donghae walked Jessica to the front of her apartment building, and stared deeply into her eyes.

“Oppa~ seriously, what’s wrong you haven’t said anything today?” Jessica said as she touched his cheek, but surprisingly Donghae grabbed her hand and held them to her side.

Jessica was so confused.

“My Jessi ... I think it’s best for us to break up. It hurts to say that ... i don’t love you like i used to anymore.” Donghae said as he held onto her hands and looked at the floor ashamed.

“Oppa~ What are you talking about?” Jessica said as tears slowly ran down her cheeks.

“I’m sorry Jessi~” He kissed the back of her hand and walked away without looking back and drove off.

Jessica was stunned, the man she loved most just left her ... completely heartbroken. She fell to her knees and cried like no tomorrow.

Donghae sat in his car and drove off as fast as he can, while tears ran down his cheek. He couldn’t bear Jessica crying because of him.

He just lost the most important person in his life ...

 

FLASHBACK END

 

 

 

 

Donghae and Jessica were still awkwardly quite.

 

Donghae noticed Jessica texting someone while smiling brightly. Who’s making her smile?

 

Jessica was escorted into a separate room for her to change into the clothes for WKorea, leaving her iPhone.

 

Donghae sat in his chair as his make-up artist was powdering his face. He sneakily took her phone and saw a new text message pop up on the lock screen.

 

New message: Jiyongie~

“See you later!”

 

He frowned and placed the phone back on the make-up table.

“They’re meeting up after this ...” He said as his hear broke into small pieces.

“I’ve waited to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter