Falling in love

Shadow Kissed

Weeks turned into months and soon it was a new year and that ment a lot of chnges throughout our home. Ruki and his brothers have moved in with us and to my surprise Shou and Ruki were getting along but Reita, Uruah, Aoi, Kai, Hiroto, Tora, Saga, and Nao were getting along perfectly fine ever sense they came to live with us upon my request. Ever sence last year I noticed a change in Ruki, he is alot nicer than when we first met at my old home back in Seattle, Washington. Life is pretty great right now and we haven't had any sights of Vampire Hunters and the kids in the community took a liking to Kai and Reita and they did the same now while school is in session I would see Kai and Reita at the playground hanging out with the kids and that made me smile. Now I was back at home and it was January 1st- New Years Day. Though I still was part vampire I could sleep while the others were awake and watching over the community. I had dreamed another one of my dreams except this on was full of memories...happy memories full of color, laughter of all 11 of us, my walk with Ruki before we left his mansion, coming home, the feeling of family and the feeling of love. I smiled while I slept then I heard my door quietly open and I felt a hand on my cheek and I winced at the touch and I moved to roll over to face my door and the person who was near me then that person left and I awoke maybe it was a dream then I woke up and  looked on my nightstand a diary was on it and I picked it up and opened it.

January 1st, 1994

My daughter,

Your birth date is just around the corner I can't wait til your born and I hold you in my arms and see you open your eyes. These past few months have been crazy but your father, brother and I can't wait til we finally meet you, little princess. Wars have broken out here but you didn't have to endure any of it neither have I and once your 19th birthday comes around you will take on the roll you are mwnt to be not a princess but a young woman who can bring out the best of people. You may not feel like you fit in anywhere within the world of humans and secrets but you will over come these times and your gift you won't realize until you get older will serve you well and you'll fall in love many times but the one guy is there for you and who knows you he may be your worst enemy but you'll see past his cold heart and see the kindness that is hidden deep within. Your father to be honest is a kind man, and he told me that you will make a great queen someday. But until your old enough who will be part human and part vampire and until you reach the age of 19 you will be like this. Just be aware of vampire hunters they will attempt to kill who ever you are with and you but your instincs will kick in and there is the possiblity you can kill them. I love you my daughter I can't wit to watch you grow up into a beautiful youn woman and an amazing princess then a queen.

All my love,

Mother 

As I read this diary entry I realized that my mother was amazing and I wished that she could've seen me now and the young woman I've become. Then Shou came in and saw I was awake and he came and sat by me.

"Your awake, its 2 in the morning go back to sleep." Shou said

"Did you put this diary here?" I asked

"No it wasn't me." He replied

"Could one of the guys have brought it in here and I felt some one touch my cheek then they left and when i awoke i saw this diary here." I said

"No we were all outside hunting or guarding." He said

"You don't think mom could have brought this here and touched my cheek, do you?" i asked

"It wouldn't surprise me if she did." He replied

"What do you mean?" I asked

"She is probably still here and won't move on until your happy. And besides your birthday is coming up and she'll be around for awhile i guess her spirit never left home, I can take you to the cemetery where they are buried later in the morning so get some sleep. And by the way you haven't had any visions lately have you?" He asked

"No, I don't remeber the last time I had a vison and it kinda scares me." i replied

"Well get some sleep, and I'll see you later on in the morning, when the sun is up." He said and planted a kiss on my forehead and he told me good night and I fell back asleep.

I woke up at 8 in the morning and I got up and went down stairs to eat but then I smelled something familiar, something human and that wasn't good because I knew I could go on a killing spre before I came back to my senses but I controled myself and went to the kitchen were a cup was waiting on the table for me and there was a note and it said "Drink this its 100% animal blood and it should help you become stronger again. Then come meet me in the the backyard. ~ Shou" So I drank the cup and I felt stronger then I went upstairs to shower and get dressed. I decied to dress in all black today and i thought about when Ruki was wearing all black and I laughed at the memory and I realized how much I got closer to Ruki in those days I spent with him. Once I got to the backyard I found Shou stading there with Ruki and it seemed like ages sense he left in December to go away for that month but when I saw him there I couldn't help but run to him and my mother's words rang in my ears 'You will see past his cold heart and see the kindness hidden deep with in him" and that pushed me to run faster and when he saw me he smiled and i ran into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck and held on to him and he wrapped his arms around me and we stayed like that and at that moment I realized that all my heart wanted was Ruki. Having Ruki this close to me it was a slap of reality because my mom's words echoed in my head and I smiled a little.

"Okay sense your both here shall we go to the cemetary?" Shou asked

"Okay, lets go." I replied

"Follow me." Shou said

And we walked for a good while and a light snow began to fall and I had a vision and froze where I was and the guys noticed and I watched the vision and what I saw scared me I saw Ruki and he looked weird and my heart beat like crazy and the intensity of the vision brought me to my knees and tears rolled down my face and my heart was hurting and I was scared. Then Shou came to my side and shook me and I still had a blank stare on my face and I could see Shou's face and he was terrified that something was happening to me and only one word escaped my lips "Ruki" then I fell in the freshly fallen snow and tears escaped down my face until my  eyes closed and Shou was shaking me and yelling out for me to wake up but I couldn't find my way back it was like I was in the vision itself. I felt the ground disapper from beneath me and I could hear Ruki telling me to stay with them and I heard my brother also saying for me to stay with them.

In the vision I was running through the forest and someone was running after me and the sound was horrible and it promted me to run faster but in this vision I was completely human no vampire feeling at all. My breathing was heavy and my heart was pounding like crazy and the foot steps of my persuer got closer and then a hand grabbed me and i fell backwards on the ground and when I looked back up and I was face to face with the person who was chasing me and that person who was after me. his fetures where much the same as Ruki's except this time he had blood running down his face and he fangs fully exposed, his eyes a pericing Ice blue and his hair was darker than usual and he looked so deadly and somehow I managed to get back up and run again and he was right behind me with his inhuman speed and he grabbed me and pushed me up against a tree and he spoke.

"Why do you keep running, beautiful?" He asked in a dark voice

"Who are you?" I questioned in a fearful voice

"Its me Ruki." He replied 

"Your not Ruki." I said

"Of course I am and your Yuki." He said

"No, your a horrible monster but deep down your truely a kind person and your so gentle. Where is the Ruki I used to know the one who fought his true nature off for my sake. so please come back to me." I said but he lend closer to me and I felt his fangs sink into my neck.

After that moment I awoke with a jolt and Ruki was there with that same weird look on his face but the expression on his neck became soft when he saw me look at home when I out in the snow it wasn't a vision but a dream and my hand shot up to my neck and when I pulled my hand away there was no blood but my heart was beating as if that dream was real but it wasn't and when I got out of my bed I walked toward Ruki and he backed up from me.

"Ruki, its okay. You won't hurt me." I said reaching my hand out and touched his face

"Are you sure I won't hurt you?" He asked

"I'm sure you won't your not a monster." I replied

"I am a monster, quit saying I'm not." He said

"Ruki look at me and you better listen. Without you I wouldn't know what love was and believe me you have a pure heart that you may not know you have and your so amazingly sweet and no one could replace what I've felt just being with you last year and when I get scared do you know what I think about?" and he shook his head " I think about you and how you opened my eyes to a whole new world of happiness, laughter, family and above all love but I also think of you the way you look when you smile." I said

"Really?" He asked

"DO you want to know the truth?" I asked

"Yes, I would." He replied

"I love you, Ruki. And I tried not to fall for you but in the end I did and thats the truth." I said

"WHy do I feel like this is a modern version of beauty and the beast?" He asked laughing

"Well, its not I really do love you Ruki." I replied

"I...I love you too, Yuki. Ruki and Yuki...cute." He said and planted a kiss on my head

We decided to go downstairs to meet up with the others and Ruki took a bold move and held my hand and we walked down the staris and I couldn't stop picturing me walking down these stairs to my forever love Ruki. When Shou an dthe others saw me thay ran to and hugged me and I was getting squashed by all the guys hugging me then Tora's eyes fell on mine and Ruki's locked hands and he gave me a half hearted smile and I smiled back at him. I guess love does show up in last person you would think and if that person was you enemy, fate has a strange way of pulling unepected love and friends into your life. And falling in love.