I'll be right back

Einstein

"You’ve been in there since this morning—what’s taking you so long?!”

            Chanyeol is far from pleased with Baekhyun’s actions. It’s not that he missed his guts—it’s just very alarming that your boyfriend is cautiously across the door but refuses to open up or get out. He’s tried several times, to call out to Baekhyun—only to get the sounds of drills and iron against iron.

            Baekhyun was just fixing up a remote—not a rocket to the moon.       

            Chanyeol spends the next few hours after dinner leaning against the door, casually tapping his oxfords against each other. He had agreed prior to meet with the board of directors. They wanted to start using Baekhyun for the betterment of the company, which meant total slave driving for the elder.

            Chanyeol didn’t exactly want that.

            He’s had his eyes on Baekhyun 24/7 ever since the decision was made, and all the commotion with the voice box has been a good decoy. He had explained that Baekhyun was in a predicament and could not work under such—therefore resulting to the delay of all operations in the Park Industries.

            “Baekhyun—any moment now.” He says as he checks his watch. The meeting was set at 9 pm, as all the officers were busy any time earlier. He sighs, seeing as going out at that time of the night is far too much of a hassle.

            He feels as if he’s going to drift into sleep—at least, not until Baekhyun opens the door, sending him tumbling into the room.

            “Oh—you’ve been there the whole day—“_

            Chanyeol reaches out for Baekhyun’s head and plants a knowing kiss down his lips, obviously missing the boy for far too long. When they separate, Baekhyun feels the heat rising up to his cheeks. Chanyeol was still lying down on the carpeted floor, half of his body jutting out of Baekhyun’s room.

            “What—do you think you’re spiderman now? Upside down kisses are so 2002.” Baekhyun says with a pout, but even the smug look on Chanyeol’s face couldn’t deny the fact that Baekhyun was as red as a tomato. “I missed you.”

            Baekhyun feels his heart thump even faster—but he shakes his head to rid himself of the hearts in his eyes. “I fixed it, by the way.”

            Chanyeol immediately whips up, realizing that Baekhyun’s voice was far long back to normal. Chanyeol sighs with relief as he brings Baekhyun into a hug.

            “Alright, now destroy it again. I don’t want this happening anymore.” Chanyeol says as he tries to grab the remote from Baekhyun. “A—are you crazy? It took me all ing day to make this thing?! What makes you think you can just destroy it—“

            “—Ah, both of you seem well.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun are interrupted from the quarrel by the very same board of directors that Chanyeol was going to meet with. His eyes widen, quickly straightening himself as he jolted upwards, bringing Baekhyun along with him. He falls to a 90 degree bow, using his arm to push Baekhyun down with him in respect.

            “Good Evening—“ Chanyeol heaves out. “—S—sorry, Baekhyun just managed to finish fixing his, uh—“

            “—Voicinator.” Baekhyun continues, conviction his newly returned voice. “Good Evening, Mr. President.”

            Chanyeol spots his dad in the middle of the crowd, swallowing as he tries his best to determine to which person does the names in his mind belong to. He scans the crowd, noticing a certain face and that certain face’s father with them.

            “—Kyungsoo…?” He whispers, his eyebrow lifting as the boy was standing perfectly still, his monotonous and blank face reflecting in Chanyeol’s.

            “I hope you didn’t forget, Chanyeol. Today’s the day you propose what he—“ Mr. Park says as he points towards Baekhyun, who was explicitly covered in oil and sweat. “—will be doing for our company, very soon.”

            Baekhyun looks to Chanyeol, confused.

            “Yeah—Yes, I didn’t forget.” Chanyeol says as he straightens his tie, emphasizing on the fact that old man I’m wearing a ing suit for this bloody meeting for Pete’s sake.

            “Mr. Do and his son are joining us tonight.” Mr. Park says as his straight face changes into a swift business man smile, directing it towards the two men who Chanyeol wasn’t completely a stranger to. “They have proposed a vital role in providing for the materials Baekhyun’s going to work with.”

            Chanyeol swallows hard—now that the D.O. productions were part of this, it seemed like a higher hurdle Chanyeol had to jump.

            “Yeah, uh—Shall we?” Chanyeol says as the silence settles, turning to the right in order for the crowd to walk past, all the way to the conference room. He eyes Baekhyun as each member of the board passes, greeting each one of them.

            As the last few people disappear into hallway, Kyungsoo remains perfectly still across Chanyeol.

            “I hope you didn’t forget our little agreement.” He says flatly, looking straight ahead and away from Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s faces. “I am expecting full participation and fulfillment on both sides.”

            Chanyeol’s face twists into confusion, completely unaware. “…uh, huh?”

            Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, turning to his right so that he’s face-to-face with the two boys. He’s about to open his mouth when his name is called out.

            “You two coming?”

            Kyungsoo gives Baekhyun a glare before he makes his way to the conference room, Chanyeol reluctantly following suit.

            “Yeol!” Baekhyun says as he jogs slightly up before Chanyeol gets swallowed by the exclusive meeting place. “—What’s that about? What are you going to meet about?”

            Chanyeol shakes his head, one hand firmly on the handle. “It’s nothing, just a few decisions for the company. I got invited since dad wants me to work a bit before he retires—it’s not big deal, yeah?” He says as he gives Baekhyun a soft smile, his hand making it’s way to the smaller boy’s head. ”You just go on ahead back to your room. I brought in a few more extra metal parts for you to fiddle with—I’ll have the maids bring in your dinner since you probably haven’t eaten since last night.”

            As if on cue, Baekhyun’s rumbles in shame.

            “A—alright.” Baekhyun says, trying to cover up the sound. “Come to my room when you’re done and tell me what happened, okay?”

            Chanyeol nods, giving Baekhyun a light peck on the lips, grinning as Baekhyun’s expression changes from confident to weak in just a few seconds.

            “I’ll be right back, Baek.”

 

 

[a/n] First of all... yeah... I'm sorry for not updating as much as I used to. If you follow BoT2, you'll find out that it's literally been a year and a half since i've updated it and yeah I feel horrible but you know it's really hard to be a college student and a writer at the same time. I hope you all understand my ordeal and hopefully accept the fact that I a rly bad case of writer's block and IDK mehn I just feel a bit lost with this and BoT2. I started two other stories and two one shots over the time I didn't update my stories, so hopefully that makes up for my absent minded arrogance. I love you all and I hope that you're all doing well, and that somehow this chapter actually leads to something better than usual. As always, thank you for supporting my little heart and Einstein. Cheers!