Competition

Einstein

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun made away with the breakfast on his plate, chewing it until it was perfectly mashed in between his white teeth, closed off with his pretty lips. Its as if everything Baekhyun did turned Chanyeol on lately, and obviously, Baekhyun wasn’t one to give in.

And of course, there was that voice.

“Pass me the sugar please.”

Chanyeol flinched as the feminine voice echoed in the air, making him wait a few seconds to pass over the silver jar over to the man across him. Chanyeol thought that maybe, the voice was a good idea. But no, lately, he hasn’t thought so.

“I miss your voice.” He blurted out, making Baekhyun pull some smug face that Chanyeol found extremely attractive. “I know you do.”

The voice echoed throughout the entire hall, floating in the air and hitting the new attendees of the breakfast hour. “Woah where did that come from.” Yoo says in the most monotone voice ever as he enters the hall, some gadget in his hand.

“From me.” Baekhyun cheekily replies, placing a spoonful of sugar into his hot chocolate. He felt accustomed to his new voice that he didn’t really realize how different it sounded from his usual.

Yoo looked from Baekhyun to Chanyeol, ending it with a sigh. “You know, the relationship in between the two of you is kinda making me question why I still reside in this house.” He says, taking the seat beside Baekhyun.

“Hey, since when did you sit beside Baek?” Chanyeol pipes, a bit disappointed his brother took the opposite chair. Yoo just shrugs, reaching out for the eggs.

“I find myself more comfortable with people with the same IQ.” He mocks, making Chanyeol bite back his tongue. “So, what happened?”

“Chanyeol broke the voice box’s remote, I’m stuck with this voice until the new parts come in.” Baekhyun hums, spreading the jam unto a piece of bread. Yoo smirks, enjoying the shades that splayed unto Chanyeol’s face. “Oh, so that’s why.”

“Hey, not my fault. It’s because you provoked me! We could have just ed—“

“My, my, Chanyeol. Mind your language, we are at the table.” Baekhyun says with a snooty accent, making Chanyeol flinch. Obviously, he was the one with the weaker barricade. He was against two of the greatest minds alive, this wasn’t a war he could fight on his own.

“Stop bullying me, god damn it.” He mumbles, stuffing the remaining slices of bread into his mouth, quickly taking his bag from the chair beside him.

“Where are you going?” Yoo asks, finally commencing his food consumption. “School.” He just replies, quickly storming out of the door.

 

 

 

 

It’s been a while since Chanyeol bothered to show up at school. Nor did he expect Baekhyun to tag along. Nor did he realize that he agreed to bring the elder no matter what his voice was.

“You’re taking responsibility for your actions, alright?” Chanyeol hisses as Baekhyun looks from out of the window of their limousine, a bit excited about returning to school after such a long time.

Of Course,” Baekhyun emphasizes, still in the voice he decided to take on. “I’m going to live a normal life for a while.” He says in eagerness, making Chanyeol sigh.

“Just don’t get into trouble, all right? We wont be in the same classes, so you’re on your own—“

“—Yeah, yeah, I got it. Jeez, stop talking like you’re smarter than me.”

Chanyeol holds back his anger, as Baekhyun doesn’t take his eyes away from the upcoming school view.

Baekhyun sprints out of the door once the butler opens it, slightly stumbling over his footing. Chanyeol shouts for him to behave, which he obviously ignores.

“This is going to end up badly, I believe.”

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol hears the bells ring, signaling the end of his classes for the morning. He stuffs his hands into his pockets, storming out of the classroom.

“I’m just… making sure he’s doing okay.” He reassures himself, making his way to the upper level. He and Baekhyun were the same age, but Baekhyun was still undeniably a year above him.

He stands by the door to Baekhyun’s classroom, peering through the open space to spot the blonde boy in the crowd of students huddled together.

“Oh? It’s Park Chanyeol!” Kim Minseok, an upperclassman hooted as I had no choice but to enter the room.

“That’s interesting, Park Chanyeol never comes to see his lovely upperclassmen.” Kim Taeyeon says as she crosses her legs over another table.

Chanyeol feels rather uncomfortable as various upperclassmen catch him in their grip, one of the reasons he never bothered to accept their invitation to the higher level.

“Really, Chanyeol, we tell you to come during break but you never show up.”  Kyungsoo huffs his cheeks, adding the bitterness in his voice. “Also, you haven’t been calling me at all.”

“Ah? Is this Kyungsoo’s famous one person benefit only booty call?” Tiffany says with a snigger, watching as Kyungsoo catches Chanyeol in his grasp. “I’m your sunbae, yet you think you have the right to make me wait?”

“Ah… I don’t need that anymore.” Chanyeol says with a sigh, trying to wriggle out of Kyungsoo’s grasp. He then searches the room for Baekhyun, who he still can’t spot.

“Can it be… The reason you’re here is because of Byun Baekhyun?” Taeyeon asks, smiling as she peered over Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Yes, it is. Now if you’d excuse me—“

“—I know where he is.”

Chanyeol whips around, lifting an eyebrow to look at the older girl. “Why do you sound like it’s a supposed to be a secret?”

“It kinda is, really.” Taeyeon chuckles, also sending the rest of the company into fits of hushed giggles. “He came into class with that voice, basically, things didn’t turn out too well for him and the remaining guy population of the school—“

“—!” Chanyeol shouts, bolting for the door as he refused the listen to the rest of Taeyeon’s sentiments.

“Looks like you’ve got competition, Kyungsoo.” Minseok teases, making Kyungsoo pout. “You never were the subject of Chanyeol’s affection anyway, cheer up.”

“Shut up or you’ll lose your arm.”

 

 

 

 

i'm sorry i'm trying to update everything as much as i can i'm really bad at coherency do you feel me :-( so yeah really boring chapter but i'll try to follow it up with a better chapter so hang in there!!!