We Tried

Einstein

Chanyeol places Baekhyun in the front seat of his car, buckling the little boy back in his seat as he quickly made long strides over to the driver's seat. He wants to get Baekhyun out of this place as soon as possible, with all the commotion going on.

"So, until when is this gonna last?" 

Baekhyun looks up from his broken posture, his eyes red from tears. Chanyeol no longer winces at the voice he has, and continues to keep his eyes on the road. His eyebrows furrow when Baekhyun doesn't reply, taking a quick glance towards the boy next to him.

"Baek?"

Baekhyun still doesn't stir, twiddling with the seatbelt in between his fingers. Chanyeol's anger grows, making an abrupt stop as he pulls over on the side of the road.

"Baek, you need to talk. Work with me here." 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and speaks, only to keep the same voice as he had previously. He immediately covers his mouth with palm, forming an embarassed expression.

Chanyeol takes a deep breath as he finally udnerstands Baekhyun's silence. "You know, you don't have to worry about that. I'm already in love with you, I doubt I'm going to you here."

"That's not it!" The voice is too high, and Chanyeol was far too unprepared. Chanyeol sighs as the silence spills over once again, turning back to the steering wheel. "I get it. You dont want me to hear that voice, yeah?" 

Baekhyun nods, putting his head back down. 

"Okay, okay. Where's the cure then?" 

Baekhyun opens his mouth to say something, but immediately closes it shut. Chanyeol is at wits end, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Look, if you really don't want to talk, write it down."

Chanyeol hands Baekhyun his phone, to which Baekhyun gladly accepts. Chanyeol's heart beats a bit faster as he sees Baekhyun smile, but immediately shrugs it off. This is a serious matter, he says to himself. 

Baekhyun swiftly types down on the smartphone, rather accostumed to technology more than Chanyeol will ever be. He lifts up the phone to Chanyeol's face, to which Chanyeol leans back to get a better look.

"You don't know?" He lifts an eyebrow, turning his head back to Baekhyun. "How could you not know? Aren't you this generation's Einstein or something?" 

Baekhyun rolls his eyes, taking the phone back down. Chanyeol waits impatiently, as if Baekhyun is taking forever to write down whatever he has to say.

Chanyeol looks up again when Baekhyun s the phone back into his direction. 

"Okay, look, I know its my fault that the remote broke. And I know the parts you have are impossible to find, but there must be another way, right?" 

Baekhyun shakes his head in defeat, as if the small fun he had with Chanyeol over the week backfired. 

Silence swallows the both of them whole, Chanyeol trying his best to rack his brain for a solution. 

"I have no choice then." Chanyeol grits his teeth, turning the car into drive. "We're going to have to go to Kyungsoo."

 

 

Chanyeol pulls up in front of a rather large house, to which Baekhyun stares in awe. "This is our stop."

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun's direction. Baekhyun looks like a puppy staring beyond the glass of the window. Chanyeol could almost imagine an imaginary tail wagging up and down as Baekhyun's eyes sparkled, but Chanyeol shrugged the idea off. His heart could only take much, anyway.

Baekhyun quicklu jerks and stis back into a proper position, quickly typing away with Chanyeol's phone. Where is this? 

Chanyeol sighs, not exactly excited to explain where they were. "This is Do Kyungsoo's home."

Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, and Chanyeol spiritually grasps his heart. "H--He's a friend." 

Baekhyun is a hundred times cuter when he's quiet, Chanyeol nods to himself. Maybe Baekhyun should stay this way forever? 

Chanyeol shrugs the idea off, quickly shedding his seatbelt in the process. He takes long strides over to Baekhyun's side, couteously opening the door for the smaller boy. Baekhyun lands with an oompf! on his feet, to which Chanyeol has trouble accepting.

"Are you acting cute on purpose, ?" Chanyeol says with a fake smile. Baekhyun only smiles back, quickly typing away on Chanyeol's phone. 

Maybe.

Chanyeol grabs Baekhyun by the neck and ruffles his hair, to Baekhyun's distaste. "You're better off not talking, you little ." 

They're both laughing (well, Chanyeol's chimp noises are considered laughs, right?), which was brought to a hault when the boy behind the front door clears his throat.

Chanyeol looks up, swallowing hard. "Kyung." 

"Park." Kyungsoo says with a raised eyebrow, his arms folded over his chest. "To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" 

Chanyeol straightens himself out, putting Baekhyun to his side. Baekhyun peers looks from Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, trying to grasp the situation.

"Um, Kyung... I need help." He holds unto his next, obviously way to embarassed to ask the guy he used to have a summer fling with. "You probably know Baek's situation, and..."

"So you're here to ask me to help cure you're little ?" Kyungsoo says with a smile, gaining a scowl from Baekhyun.

"Hey, hey... I know you're mad, but--"

"--Nah, I ain't mad, Park." Kyungsoo says as he bares his teeth. "Come on in, I'll see what I can do." 

Chanyeol swallows hard as he braces himself straightening his back as Baekhyun followed him inside.

 

 

"So, what can I do for the lovely couple?" 

Chanyeol is seated on a single sofa chair, right across Kyungsoo. An antique looking coffee table seperates them, and the width of it gives Chanyeol enough relief. Baekhyun props himself on the longer sofa chair in between them, seemingly too small for the chair at all. 

"So, here's the situation." Chanyeol elicately explains to Kyungsoo, who nods everytime. Baekhyun listens fervently, but is far too focused on not drowning in the depth of the sofa.

"Hm, pretty stupid the way I see it. Aren't you some kind of Einstein? How can you not fix yourself?" Kyungsoo leans back into the chair, turning his gaze to Baekhyun. Baekhyun onl shrugs, not really fazed by Kyungsoo's cold act. 

"Your parents have electronic parts right? My dad says his supply comes from you. I know you know the parts Baekhyun needs to fix things." Chanyeol says as he negotiates, trying to keep his anxiety to himself.

"Yeah, I do. I can make those parts myself, but..." Kyungsoo says as he crosses his legs, obviously not interested. 

"So, are you gonna help us?" 

Kyungsoo takes time to consider, causing Chanyeol to sweat. "Kyung, please." 

Kyungsoo sighs, nodding in agreement. "Alright, alright. On one condition." 

Kyungsoo stands, walking towards Chanyeol. He leans down, making sure his mouth is close enough for only Chanyeol to hear.

"I'll give you those parts," Kyungsoo says with a breathy voice, causing shivers down Chanyeol's spine. "But once he gets his voice fixed--"

Chanyeol holds his breath, he knows what the boy wants.

"You're dumping him, and coming back to me." 

Baekhyun leans a bit closer, but fails to hear.

Chanyeol sighs, and nods in agreement. 

"Alright." 

 

[a/n]

so... I know a lot of you are mad since I haven't updated ANYTHING at all (like... BoT2 and this one, haha) I'm sorry. I was really busy and a lot of things came up and I don't know, I lost a bit of my charisma. I'm sorry, I know this chapter does't fuel anything within you (yeah I tried, thats why that's the title, not really, maybe) but I hope I can get back on track with this and BoT2 as soon as possible. I'm really sorry!!!! I love you all I missed ya'll I hope you all have great day1!! ! ! !!