"Are we the only one?"

"Just 3 More Hours.."

"Are we the only one?"


 


One of the best feelings in the world,

Is knowing your presence and absence,

Both mean something to someone.

 

The sky was dark. The night was quiet. Excluding the sound of the rain as it fell endlessly.

Pitter.. Patter.. Pitter.. Patter..
Pitter.. Patter.. Pitter.. Patter..

Sigh.. Pitter.. Patter.. Pitter.. Patter..

Thud.. Groan.. Pitter.. Patter..
Hiss.. Pitter.. Patter.. Screech..

 

Minhyun looked up from the chair he was sitting on before he pushed it back carefully and saw Nana trying to stand after stumbling over a pile of boxes. "Noona.." he called over, as the other looked up towards him. "Don't.. move too much.. y-you're injuries.." Minhyun tried to tell the other as silently as he could so the others wouldn't wake up.

"It's fine.." Nana answered gently before leaning on the wall beside her for support. Minhyun walked over towards her.

Click.. Clack.. Click.. Clack..

Minhyun's heels echoed through the silent place. Nana just stared at him blankly.

Upon stopping infront of her, a sigh escaped his lips. He looked her up and down.

She was a mess.

Her hair wasn't fixed properly like always before.. There were some strands sticking out in every directions, while some was sticking on her forehead because of sweat.
Her skin was pale.. Her lips dry and slightly cracked. While there were some dried blood on the corner of her lips and some on her cheek.

She wore an over-sized shirt that was bloodied slightly. Minhyun winced silently at the sight.

Those blood.. Were not was just from Nana.. But from E-Young as well.

 

Stretching out his hand a bit, Minhyun brushed away the strands that was sticking on her forehead and went on brushing her hair gently.
She just stood there- Leaning on the wall, as she watched him.

After brushing her hair, he slid his hand lightly to her face as he wiped her sweat away with the back of his hand before retreating once he was done.

 

"You should be resting.." he mumbled.

 

"I could say the same thing to you." she answered back, before looking around the room.

At the far right were Ren, JR, and Baekho laying all-together on two mats placed together, with a blanket covering them.
While on the left was Aron and Hansol- their position was the same as the other three.. but the only thing missing was Minhyun beside them, who was currently just standing infront of Nana as he studied her.

"You should be resting.." Minhyun repeated. Nana sighed.


Pitter.. Patter.. Pitter.. Patter..
Pitter.. Patter.. Pitter.. Patter..

Silence...............................

 

Nana sighed, before nodding towards the other. "Fine.."
"Good.. shall I take you back to the others?" Minhyun offered and waited for an answer.

Silence. Silence. Silence.
No reponse. No response.

"Silence means YES.." Minhyun stated but Nana shook her head.

 

"Are we the only one?" she asked. The question confused Minhyun.

'What does she mean?' he thought to himself and waited for an answer- but instead-

 

"Like you said; silence means YES.."  Nana whispered.

"No. Wait I don't get you're question, noona.." Minhyun slightly whimpered.

 

"Are we the only one... human... still... in this city?" she asked as she stared more. Minhyun fell silent. As the question drove him thinking.

 

"I'm not sure.. We can never be so sure.."

 

[544 words 3263 characters]