Outing!!! Part II

With the Twins [Hiatus]

As the adults sat by the bench talking, the kids went to the play ground to play (duh). Not wanting to let Ginger have Taeyeon to himself, Seohyun also dragged Ginger into their play group.

“What are we going to play?” Krystal asked while patting Ginger’s head. Since Ginger was such a well-behaved puppy, there was no need for him to be on a leash, you say come he will come to you, even when he is unwilling, he will just whine but still perform the command.

“Let’s play Ultraman! Krystal will be monster, then I will save Hyunnie” Yoong grinned as he took a peek at Seohyun reaction when he said he will save her.

“No! We always play Ultraman. Let’s play house. I will be the Daddy, Krystal will be the Mommy, Ginger will be the baby, and Yoong will be Krystal’s brother who lives with us” Seohyun said, completely ignoring Yoong’s suggestion.

“Why is Krystal the Daddy? I am a boy, so I will be the Daddy” Yoong pouted.

“Don’t you know now girls can be Daddy too? There’s a girl in my kindergarten that has two Mommies, but she calls one of them Daddy, so it’s ok” Seohyun explained to Yoong who had a confused look on his face.

“But isn’t Yoong already my brother? What’s the difference?” Krystal asked as she picked Ginger up to carry him like a baby, swinging him side to side just like she has seen in TV.

“Erm.... Yoong is the brother that wants to take our money! I’ve seen Mommy watch a show that the older brother wanted to take his sister’s money, and then it went on for a long long time, and Mommy didn’t get bored. So that means, we can play for a long long time and not get bored too!” Seohyun exclaimed as she clapped her hands together. “Ok! Let’s go to the sandbox! That will be our house honey!” Krystal shouted as she put Ginger down and ran to the sandbox, Seohyun following close behind.

“But I want to be the Daddy and Seohyun be the Mommy, then I can also be Ultraman” Yoong pouted as he kicked the dirt before running after the girls.

“Haha, look at them play house” Taeyeon said as she see Krystal serve Seohyun a ‘bowl of rice’ which was actually a pail of sand.

“They are not really going to eat it are they?” Tiffany asked sceptically as she prepared to dash to the sandbox to stop the kids from consuming the ‘food’.

“Nah, Yoong might, but Seohyun will stop him. The midget might have spoilt her, but she very matured for her age whenever Taeyeon isn’t around. Her princess attitude only comes out when Taeyeon’s attention is on her or drifts away from her” Yuri said as she drank the orange juice Jessica prepared for the kids.

“Unnie! Stop drinking so quickly! Those are for the kids, drink plain water instead!” Jessica reprimanded Yuri when Yuri wouldn’t stop gurgling down the orange juice.

“But I carried everything here, and I’m tried” Yuri pouted as she showed Jessica her puppy eyes. “My arms hurt, Sicaaaa~~~” Yuri whined as she flailed her arms around, hitting Taeyeon in the forehead.

“Hey! Watch it! That hurts!” Taeyeon shouted as she touched her injured forehead.

“Are you ok? Do you need ice? I can run to the convenience store!” Tiffany panicked, completely not hearing Taeyeon’s sarcasm.

As Taeyeon tried to calm Tiffany down, Yuri managed to convince Jessica to massage her arms for her. As the ‘couples’ sank into individual conversations, the kids came back with sulky faces and dirty clothes, only Ginger was happy to be back in the presence of his master. Seohyun climbed onto Taeyeon’s lap, completely ignoring the fact that she was having a conversation with Tiffany, while Yoong and Krystal each rest their head on Jessica’s and Yuri’s lap respectively.

“What happened kids? Why are you so dirty?” Jessica asked as she tried to clean the dirt of Yoong’s cheek.

“Yoong wanted to take our money! I didn’t let him, so he stayed at our ‘house’ and won’t move until we give him money” Krystal pouted as she pointed an accusing finger at her brother while looking at Yuri.

The adults cocked their heads to one side, completely not understanding what in the world were the kids talking about.

“I just did what Hyunnie told me to do!” Yoong explained himself to Jessica, not wanting to get into trouble again for bullying his sister. The adults then turned their head to the said-girl.

“Is that true, Hyunnie?” Taeyeon asked as she fixed Seohyun hair while Tiffany cleaned her face with a wet tissue.

“I just followed Mommy’s TV! She watches it for hours, and won’t let me watch Keroro, so I thought we can also play for a long time too” Seohyun started getting teary eyes thinking that she got herself in trouble.

Taeyeon face-palmed herself. “Ugh~~ I told Mom to stop watching soap drama while Hyunnie’s at home” she mumbled to herself. “Hey ... hey look at me Hyunnie, it’s not your fault ok? It’s not anyone’s fault; it was just a misunderstanding alright?”

Seohyun wiped her tears and nodded her head before nuzzling herself into the crook of Taeyeon’s neck.

“Wow, that was something.” Yuri said as she picked Krystal up to take her to the public toilet to change. Jessica followed along while Taeyeon tried to tidy Seohyun up as Tiffany prepare the picnic mat.

Once everyone was clean again, including Ginger who had a little shower at the public tap, they all sat down to have their picnic.

“Being an adult is tiring, I don’t want to grow up” Seohyun said as she waited for Taeyeon to peel her goguma. The adults were astonished by what the 4 year old said and stop what they were doing.

“Why do you say that, Hyunnie?” Tiffany who was the first to break out of the trance asked. Most kids can’t wait to grow up and become an adult.

“Well you have to wake up early, and no one can carry you when you fall asleep again. You can’t play all day, and you can’t take naps, and you have go to sleep at night, no one will tuck you into bed and sing for you and then give you a night-night kiss. I don’t want to grow up” Seohyun pouted.

“Awwww, don’t worry Hyunnie, unnie will do all those things for you even after you grow up.” Taeyeon picked Seohyun up and put her on her lap giving her a back-hug while kissing the crown of her head.

“Well I wanna grow up, then I can be Ultraman!” Yoong said while he raised he figurine in the sky while Jessica fed him rice. Krystal who was sitting on Yuri’s lap tugged on her shirt and looked up at her.

“I don’t want to grow up, because then I can’t sit here anymore” after saying that she gave a peck to Yuri’s chin and continue eating her sandwich. Yuri gasp at Krystal declaration and squealed as she hugged Krystal shaking left and right.

“I also don’t want you to grow older, if not I’ll have to chase boys away”

“ *gasp* That’s right! Hyunnie don’t grow up! Please!!!” Taeyeon looked at Seohyun, who was on the mat again with puppy eyes.

“What are you talking about? I have to grow up to take care of you” Seohyun said as she gave Taeyeon a toothy grin. Taeyeon squealed again and rolled on the mat.

The two 17-year-old girls shook their head at the guardian and their wards antic and continue their picnic.