Bonded For Peace

How To Melt An Ice Princess' Heart

Kris' POV-

It was now my turn to truly prove to Jessica, that I am a changed man.

She not only trusted in me again even though I did something horrible to her but also gave me another chance.

She is truly a pure hearted person, the stereotypical rumors of having a heart of ice isn't true in Jessica's case, she is truly a pure hearted person, but have I really made it through to her heart?

Me, someone who is not worthy of such a beautiful and fair princess as herself?

I walked her to her mother's chamber and let her inside to talk with her. I in turn went to visit my father to talk with him about our kingdoms making peace once and for all.

~~~~~

I knocked on his chamber door, my father's voice bid me to come in.I opened the door and locked it behind me. I saw him tucked into his bed, reading a book.

"Good afternoon, Father" I said walking towards him.

"Well hello there my hero of a son, how is your resting time treating you?" He said while motioning me to sit down beside him. I took a seat on his bed.

"It's going well, but Father, I need to discuss something with you now, it cannot wait, and please don't tell me to stop. You need to hear me out okay?" I said with a serious voice, my father's face turned in a worried manner towards me and sat up straight both eyes searching my face.

"Well tell me what's wrong my son, you're worrying me."

"I will go ahead and say it, father, I want the ice kingdom and the fire kingdom to make peace once and for all." I said with an even more serious tone in my voice staring at his eyes with fire behind them.

He looked at me with a bewildered look on his face.

"You can't be serious, Kris. We just defeated the ice kingdom after years of training and preparation. What has made you think of such a mad idea?"

"Jessica" I said as a gentle smile appeared to my face.

"Jessica, who in blazes name is Jessica?" He said with a confused look.

"She is the ice princess, father. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore, I want peace, and I've found that I love Jessica with all my heart as these days have gone by. Ever since we kissed she has truly changed me and I want to one day marry her. I can't if our kingdoms are at war. Father, don't you want my happiness?"

He looked at me with a blank expression for what seemed like 5 minutes.

"Kris. You listen to me right now" his face turning red "I don't want you ever to say again that you have fallen in love with an ice princess or to even marry one. We are a man ruled kingdom, we will never marry women because of the ice kingdom. They only bring trouble and strife. Our kingdom will rule over Frostorea forever, period." He said crossing his arms and looking away from me.

"Fine. If that's the way you want it father. I declare war on you, whoever wins will decide what to do with the two kingdoms." I said getting off from his bed and storming to his door to leave.

"You will regret this Kris. You will never be a true man, I will win and you will be severely punished!" He said as I closed the door behind me leaving him with his anger.

His words went right through me, all I could think about was preparing myself even better than before for the war against my father.

I know it's such a crazy thing to do, to turn my back against my own father for a girl. She isn't just a girl though, not just a girl to carry a baby for me or anything like that, she's so much more.

I never really cared about girls as actual marriage material, until I met Jessica and ever since I kissed her, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life kissing those pair of icy lips.

We had a connection from the beginning of our meeting and now I finally know why....we were destined to be the peace for our kingdoms.