Fired Up

How To Melt An Ice Princess' Heart

Kris' POV-

"How many times have I had to tell you, Kris? Don't aim your arrow up so high, you may be tall but they'll use that to hit you from the bottom."

These fire arrow shooting lessons are such a pain in the backside.

I know that Fireina has to defeat Frostorea but let's be real, there is no reason to learn how to fight if my father doesn't even want to declare war on them.

Everyone knows that the ice queen used her mind control to persuade my father, and honestly, I'm okay with not fighting, there is no reason to, the Frostoreans are not threatening us in any way.

So why do we have to try to defeat them when we are simply at peace the way we are?

I'll tell you why, it's all for the power of the stronger kingdom.

From the beginning, since the two kingdoms split into a fire and ice kingdom, the fire Kingdom's one main goal was to be the stronger kingdom between the two and unfortunately, my father nor I have special powers to defeat Frostorea.

Oh and by the way, my name is Kris, I am the fire prince of my kingdom, Fireina.

My duty in my kingdom is to learn all about warfare and how to use the one weapon that gives us the most dominance, the fire arrow.

With one touch of the fire on the spear of the arrow, the victim will instantly disintegrate, thus making our handmade fire the most lethal from any fire in any kingdom.

I just turned 23 this past month and am now taking on the responsibility of some areas of my kingdom.

My father wishes for me to run the fire ball factories, the fire glen valleys, and most importantly the maid quarters.

Yes, the place where I love to spend most of my time, basking under the admiration of the many fire maids in our kingdom.

When a maid in my kingdom turns 18 they are forced to come to the maid quarters if chosen by my father and put to work to be watched by me, to see which of their strengths will fit my needs.

This was how I was born, my father made love to a fire maid and I became the prince.

My father is gathering more fire maids to be prepared for my choosing when I must bare a son to rule after me. Thus the reason I get to stay with the fire maids whenever I wish, to start my searching early.

All of them are beautiful and I'm not sure if I want to just have one.