[8] okay to doubt

Days with Chen

 

These days chen has so many schedules. He got radio and live interviews. Whenever he got the time of its airing, he will always send text to inhye when and where the interviews will be broadcasted and asked her to watch

‘drr drr’

Inhye took a slight look to her phone’s monitor. It’s jia. Jia is the girl who wore cap the day she caught chen’s jealousy towards her. Inhye met Jia few days later when they both were in queue line for lunch then they talked a lot. Whenever Chen couldn’t grab a lunch with her, Jia will naturally come to inhye. Yongguk ? he will join in time. Chen felt relieve whenever he asked inhye who she got with for lunch, he will always get the same answer. She had it with not only yongguk. She will always come up with 2 names, yongguk and jia. He wants to thank Jia properly for joining lunch with Inhye. He already had things in mind, he will definitely meet Jia once he attended school, again.

“ eum Jia.. “

Inhye touched speaker on her monitor which she didn’t have to put her phone close to her ear and lip. She keeps flipping her material book, still trying to put the right answer to her task book.

“ ya inhye.. your chen is on M tv ! “

Jia’s voice from another place suddenly made her stopped flipping her book and started to think back. Chen ever told me about this ? or.. inhye took her desk calendar. So many scribbles on it. No it’s not her schedule. It’s chen’s. She look at number which represents today’s date. No scribble means no schedule of interview. Well, some schedules on it for live performance and some recorded schedules but no interview broadcast.

“ thanks Jia “

inhye suddenly pressed the red part on her calling monitor. Jia called inhye because she clearly remembered that inhye will definitely told her if chen happened to have any interviews on tv. Jia just found it funny that she believed that she just informed inhye about a live interview of exo. Okay. Jia likes baekhyun. Much.

Inhye rushed to the tv room right beside the dining room. All of her family now gathered there. Her father sat on sofa, reading the newspaper. Her elder brother lay his body on carpet in front of her dad while reading comic. Her lil sister sat on another chair which is not too far from the sofa while having a call and her mom sat right beside her father while holding on to the remote. Inhye took a seat beside her mom and innocently took the remote from her mom then changed the channel.

“ ya.. what are you doing … “ her mom complained a bit but then decided to just look at the channel provided by her daughter. It’s kinda weird to find her in tvroom in her usually study time.

Inhye finished the interview. Once the interview ended, she gave the  remote back to her mom and weakly walking to her room. She just cant believe what she just heard from the interview. Chen was being asked about another artist he looked up to these days. Ha Yeon Su. It is the first time inhye heard another girl name from chen’s lip and to be truth, it is the first time she heard ‘ha yeon su’. It’s almost a week chen didn’t attend school, almost a week for them not seeing each other directly. Well, sometimes a REALLY short vid call in the morning before she went to school and sometimes a REALLY short call around 8 pm.

Inhye took her phone, laid her body on her bed, started to type ha yeon su in a search engine.

Ah~ an actress. She mumbled to her mind. The girl’s face on her phone now called ha yeon su and the fact that the girl is so pretty and talented ( from what inhye read ) couldn’t easily left her mind. She flipped her phone, laid it on her bed. Chen said he looked at that girl well these days. Ah~ well.. he cant brought her name on TV right ? beside, what he will look up to in her. She is just another ordinary citizen. She pulled a long sigh. Tapped her pillows many times.. The fact chen didn’t tell her this interview and what’s in it left her bad. It can be possible that Chen only looked at this Ha Yeon Su girl these weeks when she and he didn’t make any calls or texts.

In Hye simply didn’t text or call him since she didn’t want to disturb him while practicing. She knows well how Chen always tried his best to do the dance movements. He always put more efforts at dancing, while singing is a piece of cake for him. The fact that Chen didn’t call her these weeks told her that Chen must be so busy. Too busy. Super busy. Usually, even before walking up to the stage, he will send a text to her, ask her to pray for him the best. In Hye slept with a heavy heart on her. Chen didn’t think about her, anymore.

[]

Lunch Time. In Hye sat right beside Jia. Yongguk sat across the table, in front of in hye.

“ tuk “

 A tray just appeared in front of In Hye. The 3 of them looked at the tray’s owner only to be greeted by Chen’s smile.

“ hi “ he waved awkwardly to the 3 of them. Yongguk chuckled, Jia giggled while In Hye looked at him for glance then continue to eat her lunch. Chen was surprised by her act. May be she is angry because I didn’t call her for too long. Well, too many people here, I’ll talk to her later. He ate his lunch while thinking about Inhye’s strange behavior.

“ How are you ?  “ Yongguk asked casually. Chen cleared his throat first by gulping his first spoon then ready to answer Yongguk question. They called this manner.

“ Good hyung, awesome “ Chen smiled to Yongguk. Yongguk gave his thumb while showing his gummy smile.

“ great then.. “ Yongguk put some of his meat to Chen’s tray “ eat a lot “ he smiled, again.

“ thanks hyung .. “ he bowed a bit then took the meat given by yongguk and took a slight look to his girl in front of him who didn’t say any words.

“ how are you in hye ? “ he asked, hesitated.

“ fine “

In Hye's short answer enough to tell him that something definitely goes wrong between them and he had no idea what it was.

“ ah.. it s a relieved then .. “ he smiled awkwardly. He held the urge to take inhye’s wrist then talked eyes on eyes with her. He just didn’t want to ruin the lunch moment they have now.

“ ah ! yesterday interview.. ! “ suddenly Jia cracked the silence “ is Baekhyun really only look up to Taeyeon eonni, Chen ? “ Jia asked while munching her egg.

Chen nodded.

“ eum! “ Chen left some of foods he just put on while answering Jia’s question. “ He even had sooo many taeyeon nuna’s posters on his wall ! “ he added while smiling then gulped his food.

“ ah ! the scarier thing.. he even knows taeyeon nuna’s schedules .. “ he pressed his voice to dramatize the situation. Jia and Yongguk said ‘heol’ at the same time. Only In Hye reacted nothing. He stole a glance to see his girl’s expression. In Hye still only look at her food while munching. It seems like his presence didn’t please her a bit. It sadden his heart. He keeps on thinking about her all the times. He even left his EXO friends to have lunch with In Hye since it’s been few weeks passed without her, without her face, her voice, her text. Somehow he blamed himself since he needs to put some more effort to catch up with the other EXO member for an awesome comeback. He keeps on thinking that In Hye will understand his condition but maybe he is wrong. But if he has to explain it again to in hye how busy he was to put their relationship on ease again, then he wont boring to do it, all over again. He smiled before taking another spoon to his mouth.

Once in hye heard about poster all over the wall, she thought in her mind whether chen also did that ? To think about it made her lose her appetite but yeah, she didn’t wanna ruin the lunch time with her friends so she held her temper and curiosity back.

They finished lunch when yongguk almost back to his class. Jia was holding In Hye’s arms when suddenly Chen stood in front of them then rubbed his temple.

“ ehm.. I need to talk to in hye, Jia.. “ he smiled.

Jia loosen her grip.

“ aww sure “ she smiled then left.

In Hye didn’t even look at him. She wandered her eyes around. Suddenly chen dragged her by her wrist. They stopped right in the quiet place behind the school. Chen stood right there in front of Inhye who still refused to look at chen properly. Chen put his hands in both side on her cheeks so she could only look at him.

“ what’s wrong ? “ Chen asked as calm as possible while keep on scanning her eyes and her whole face that he missed for some weeks. In Hye placed both her hands on his hands then removed them slowly from her cheeks.

“ why didn’t you tell me anything about yesterday’s interview broadcast ? “ she titled her head a bit, her tone well managed enough to tell chen that she’s disappointed and a bit angry. Chen tried to recall his memory. Okay, if there’s a broadcasted interview yesterday, it should be the not LIVE one since EXO had live performance schedule yesterday in another district. Chen raised his eyebrows in turns, played his eyes also in turns tried to recall everything. He even himself didn’t sure that yesterday an interview was broadcasted. Okay. Maybe he forgot it. Oh yeah, He must be forgot it. He gulped hard. He didn’t even sure which interview broadcasted yesterday tho. He bit his lower lip, gulped hard and smiled awkwardly.

“ okay, I forgot it “ he smiled. Still too awkward for inhye to see. In Hye shrugged chen’s hands off. She still fixated her eyes on him.

“ Seriously ? forgot it ? or because you didn’t want me to hear anything from that interview ? “ in hye titled her head a bit, again. Her eyebrows centered, tried to find the truth. This is the first time she felt insecure. Afraid that the girl he mentioned in the interview is the girl who will replace her anytime soon. Chen looked a bit flustered. He really has no idea about the interview yesterday. Okay. He forgot it. How many times he tried to recall it, he couldn’t.

Chen closed his eyes for some minutes. He has to be calmed so inhye will be calmed too. He has to convince her that whatever he will say is true and that’s it, he never planned to lie anyway. He believed that truth will bring luck to him and he did. After a deep inhaling, he opened his eyes slowly. There still the girl he loves, put her angry yet cute expression stood right in front of him with her hand crossed. Chen is forming a smile on his face.

“ okay, choi in hye.. I totally forget whatever I said in yesterday interview. “ his hands slowly reached her cheeks. In Hye looked at his calm expression. Once his palms landed on her cheeks and cupped it, she hesitated whether she should shrugged it off or not since he looked so calm. She afraid that she’s in the wrong position now for doubting him so she decided to let it be. He got her full attention by landing his palms on both her cheeks. He her left cheek slowly with his thumb, lovingly. She is too soft.

“ do you mind to tell me ? “ Chen let his hands off then slowly tracing a way to her hands. He took it slowly. In Hye let him did whatever he wants. Explaining wont hurt right ? so she started to speak.

“ Ha Yeon Su “ In Hye muttered a name. A name that started torturing her since yesterday. As the name landed in chen’s ear, it was like a conductor which is fast at conducting the heat. He remembered the interview. Clearly.

“ ah.. “

“ do you like her ? “ In Hye asked, a bit pouting.

“ since the interviewer asked any artists you looked up to.. and you let her name out.. I even started to search her up in search engine.. “ She looked down as she told him her worriedness.

Chen still playing with her hands.

“ I like her. “ Once inhye heard his words, she lifted up her head. Chen’s smile grew widely there. “ but I like you more “ he added. He knows exactly how cheesy his words are but he just cant help but say it. He really means it tho.

“ okay, I look at her close. I mean look at her arts but hey.. she didn’t make me think about her everyday like how I think about you, she didn’t make my heart beat faster as when I am with you “ he smiled, inhye felt her heart started to burn a bit then bring warmth to all over her body.

“ you can blame me, I really forgot about that interview like seriously forgot it… I am sorry ? “ He toned his apologize in question tone then raised his left eyebrows a bit.

“ I am the one who have to say sorry since I doubted you .. “ In hye still looked down after stealing a glance to chen’s face. Chen shook his head slowly the pull inhye’s a bit closer so he could wrapped her in his arms.

“ we hardly met, I rarely called and texted, suddenly my interview broadcasted and I let another girl’s name thru my lips. Enough reasons to doubt me, baby “ he spoke softly on her hair. He loosen his hug a bit. His hands still lay on her waist. There the bell is ringing.

“ soo… should we just skip the class now ? “ He smiled to her, sincerely. In Hye took one of her hairpin off.

“ you just managed to attend school and going to skip the class ? “ she put the hairpin to chen’s hair “ I would never let you “ She slowly removed herself from chen then walked away.

“ Inhye yaaa~ I still miss you “ he cried a lil but decided to let her go since he didn’t want to disturb inhye class attendance. He took off the hairpin on his head. There’s words could be seen on it.

Chen’s inhye.

Chen smiled, “ cute hairpin, indeed “ he smiled then put it on again.